Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

- - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (8817 Views)

Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs / Onitsha Should Be Carved Out Of Anambra State / Model Of Proposed Flyover And Pedestrian Bridges At Pen Cinema, Agege (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: - by Eastlink(m): 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
YungMillionaire:
What about the Igbos of AK and Rivers states?
We are not joining any groups to form another mini Rivers state. Our agitations have been taken care of in the last SNC. We either join Njaba, Orashi or Aba state whichever one is closer.
Re: - by Eastlink(m): 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

[s]Smilling you are welcome.

That's why I have drift for the delta area side more and more than Rivers state. If really there should be consideration they really deserve it. I have told those arguing here and igbos to forget Rivers and focus more on this axis because the positivity will be 80%. Even in kwale if they understand you also from other Igbo speaking parts, they will speak Igbo and communicate with you no matter how it sounds and looks.

That's why I hardly argue much on their side because I have first hand Info of situations there.[/s]
Shut up, if you don’t have sense. Look at the rubbish you wrote up there. Are you aware that I’m from the Rivers State you want to throw under the bus. Have you heard about the name Senator Francis Ellah, Ewu. Some of you Onitsha touts just allocate Igbo nationalist to your stupid selves.
Are you aware that my people constitute the bulk of the pro Igbos of Rivers state.
Re: - by ImmaculateJOE(m): 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
Eastlink:
You’re asking the Igbos to choose one between Anioma and Adada? Are you aware that the Igbo delegates in the last SNC submitted names of future states.
1. Anioma
2. Njaba
3. Orashi
4. Adada
5. Aba
And among these the most viable are Anioma, Njaba and Aba in that other. Sorry to say this, Adada is the least in terms of landmass and economic viable but if they add up the Benue Igbos then they’ll measure up in size.

Njaba and Orashi will be craved out from where..?
Re: - by Eastlink(m): 2:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
ImmaculateJOE:

Njaba and Orashi will be craved out from where..?
Senator Francis Nzeribe was the brainchild of the two states.

Njaba state
The 12 Orlu zone LGA
Ihiala LGA (Anambra)
Egbema (Rivers)

And Recently Amended

Orashi State
Oguta (Imo)
Ohaji/Egbema (Imo)
Oru West (Imo)
Oru East (Imo)
Onelga (My LGA Rivers)
Ahoada West (Rivers)
Ahoada East (Rivers)
Ogbaru (Anambra) etc

Njaba state seems more feasible and almost got the approval by Obasanjo in 2003 before the citing of Capital cause disagreement between Nzeribe and Udenwa of Imo. Senator Nzeribe wanted Oguta while Udenwa wanted Orlu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by TheMohican(m): 2:18pm On Apr 13, 2020
joshjc:
natural resources

What resources does Anioma have that Anambra doesn't already, don't be silly Biko.

1 Like

Re: - by nextdoor84(m): 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
Eastlink:
Shut up, if you don’t have sense. Look at the rubbish you wrote up there. Are you aware that I’m from the Rivers State you want to throw under the bus. Have you heard about the name Senator Francis Ellah, Ewu. Some of you Onitsha touts just allocate Igbo nationalist to your stupid selves.
Are you aware that my people constitute the bulk of the pro Igbos of Rivers state.

Hello brother! Good to know you are from Rivers state.
Please what part of Rivers are you from?
I am also from Rivers state. Ahoada East.
Re: - by Eastlink(m): 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
nextdoor84:

Good to see my wanne. I’m from Onelga, Okwuzi precisely. How about you? Which village in Ahoada East? Ajuju kam la jo, ujor ajola gi wanne.
Re: - by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
Eastlink:

Did you read what I wrote. I am only realistic and that's how it should be.

There is no need trying to waste our time on Rivers state when we can easily achieve such in Delta who are more pro in everything...

Don't derail this thread.
Re: - by horsepower102: 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
Eastlink:

You are from rivers state? shocked

Who exactly are your people and where exactly are you from.

Next, how come your people are not igbophobic when a lot of other groups are? What makes your people different?
Re: - by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
Re: - by Eastlink(m): 3:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Did you read what I wrote. I am only realistic and that's how it should be.

There is no need trying to waste our time on Rivers state when we can easily achieve such in Delta who are more pro in everything...

Don't derail this thread.
How do you know if Delta has more pro Igbo than us? Who carried out the census? Don’t say what you don’t know. We suffered just as you guys during and after the Biafran war. Our Fathers and Uncles were humiliated by the Ijaw dominated Rivers state because we stood with Biafra till the end. We provided, food, oil and the naval forces that destroyed the Nigerian forces in the River Niger.

Have you heard about the name Senator Francis Ellah, a staunch Igboist who was among the statesmen that formed Ohaneze Ndigbo? Are you aware that this Francis Ellah was humiliated severally because he didn’t bow to federal government identity crises tactics of the old Rivers state? The old Rivers state marginalized us, denied us ndigeneship, took our oil from us, denied us university admission and stopped the allocation coming to our axis because of the role we played in the war. And inorder to prove that you were a true Rivers man you needed to cut off all ties from the larger Igbo. This was the survival tactics we used back then, and this was how the denial started.

Because many of us decided to survive in the old Rivers state by denying the Igbo identity does not remove who we really are. When I mean we, I mean the Ahoada, Ogba, Ndoni and Egbema.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by horsepower102: 3:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
nextdoor84:

Really? You too from rivers state? Ahoada?

So tell me more. Are Ahoada people igbophobic or suffer from identity crisis?
Re: - by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
Join Anioma to Anambra shocked for waiting? Are you joking or what? shocked no be only to join Anioma to Anambra but to north too.

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
lol, why na
Re: - by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
horsepower102:

Next, how come your people are not igbophobic when a lot of other groups are? What makes your people different?

Don't waste your time on that man called Eastlink he wants to derail this thread..
Re: - by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
Eastlink:
Senator Francis Nzeribe was the brainchild of the two states.

Njaba state
The 12 Orlu zone LGA
Ihiala LGA (Anambra)
Egbema (Rivers)

And Recently Amended

Orashi State
Oguta (Imo)
Ohaji/Egbema (Imo)
Oru West (Imo)
Oru East (Imo)
Onelga (My LGA Rivers)
Ahoada West (Rivers)
Ahoada East (Rivers)
Ogbaru (Anambra) etc

Njaba state seems more feasible and almost got the approval by Obasanjo in 2003 before the citing of Capital cause disagreement between Nzeribe and Udenwa of Imo. Senator Nzeribe wanted Oguta while Udenwa wanted Orlu.

Oga leave this thread and don't derail it..

Enough.
Re: - by Adaogwashi1(f): 3:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
Mikehot:
lol, why na
why must we join Anambra state

Re: - by Eastlink(m): 3:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Oga leave this thread and don't derail it..

Enough.
Says who? Is it your thread
Re: - by nextdoor84(m): 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
Eastlink:
Good to see my wanne. I’m from Onelga, Okwuzi precisely. How about you? Which village in Ahoada East? Ajuju kam la jo, ujor ajola gi wanne.

Good to see you too bro!
I am from odiemerenyi.
I would rather want us to advocate and support Orashi state as this would bring development to our doorsteps.
Re: - by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
why must we join Anambra state

You have to stand alone
no need joining any one
Re: - by nextdoor84(m): 3:21pm On Apr 13, 2020
horsepower102:

Really? You too from rivers state? Ahoada?

So tell me more. Are Ahoada people igbophobic or suffer from identity crisis?

Depends on who you ask? Some can be igbophilic, some igbophobic, while some don't just care.
Mind you that before the war, my people were known for their staunch support for the eastern region and Igbos in general. A lot has happened since then. We can still rebuild and recover our collective identity that we've all lost.
Re: - by Eastlink(m): 3:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
nextdoor84:

Good to see you too bro!
I am from odiemerenyi.
I would rather want us to advocate and support Orashi state as this would bring development to our doorsteps.
Odimerenyi! That’s cool.
Wanne me too would want the actualization of such state. This was the dream of Late Francis Ellah from Ogba and still promoted by Nzeribe. And I think a few of our leaders in Ohaneze added Orashi state in the SNC list of states because they could see the future.

Everything in Rivers seems to be centered in Port Harcourt and that’s unfair, I believe the Orashi state if added to the South East would change a lot of things from reorientation to sincere brotherhood.

2 Likes

Re: - by nextdoor84(m): 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
Eastlink:
How do you know if Delta has more pro Igbo than us? Who carried out the census? Don’t say what you don’t know. We suffered just as you guys during and after the Biafran war. Our Fathers and Uncles were humiliated by the Ijaw dominated Rivers state because we stood with Biafra till the end. We provided, food, oil and the naval forces that destroyed the Nigerian forces in the River Niger.

Have you heard about the name Senator Francis Ellah, a staunch Igboist who was among the statesmen that formed Ohaneze Ndigbo? Are you aware that this Francis Ellah was humiliated severally because he didn’t bow to federal government identity crises tactics of the old Rivers state? The old Rivers state marginalized us, denied us ndigeneship, took our oil from us, denied us university admission and stopped the allocation coming to our axis because of the role we played in the war. And inorder to prove that you were a true Rivers man you needed to cut off all ties from the larger Igbo. This was the survival tactics we used back then, and this was how the denial started.

Because many of us decided to survive in the old Rivers state by denying the Igbo identity does not remove who we really are. When I mean we, I mean the Ahoada, Ogba, Ndoni and Egbema.

Tell them brother. How I wish these guys can really understand us (Igboid groups) in Rivers state. We suffered a lot in the old Rivers state..chai!! That's why I laugh at anyone sympathizing with the ijaws. They will never smell the brick house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by Adaogwashi1(f): 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
Eastlink:

Mr man you're talking nonsense if there's any state to create it must be Anioma state, everybody suffered like south east Igbo but we did not change our village names rivers igbos ,even the ogba you're talking about has long change from obi to oba hope you know that? The ndoni you're talking about is Anioma and will and must go with us.please stop disgracing yourself.

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
horsepower102:

Too asking these silly questions Biko.
Re: - by Adaogwashi1(f): 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You have to stand alone

no need joining any one
Lolz Onitsha and ndoni must join Anioma state when the time come

Re: - by Eastlink(m): 3:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
nextdoor84:

Tell them brother. How I wish these guys can really understand us (Igboid groups) in Rivers state. We suffered a lot in the old Rivers state..chai!! That's why I laugh at anyone sympathizing with the ijaws. They will never smell the brick house.
Truth, some of the IPOB’s tend to blame the federal government for what happened in old Rivers forgetting the real culprit? This is why I’m not in support of IPOB truth be told. If they know what we suffered in the hands of these folks, they will never add the Ijaws to their supposed Biafra.
We in the Orashi belt became the scapegoat in the eyes of the Ijaws and they dealth with us. The identity crises in our place didn’t happen after the war, it happened gradually and was implemented strategically by the Ijaws who saw Old Rivers state as Ijaw nation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
Mr man you're talking nonsense if there's any state to create it must be Anioma state, everybody suffered like south east Igbo but we did not change our village names rivers igbos ,even the ogba you're talking about has long change from obi to oba hope you know that? The ndoni you're talking about is Anioma and will and must go with us.please stop disgracing yourself.

You have a point there.
Re: - by Eastlink(m): 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
Adaogwashi1:

Sorry, Ndoni is not joining Anioma, they and Oguta are part and parcel of Orashi state. No be only una sabi claim doctored bini link to claim communities.
Re: - by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 13, 2020
Adaogwashi1:

Lol..

Nwanyi....listen.

You have to stand alone.. landmass there alone is bigger than Anambra.
Re: - by Adaogwashi1(f): 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
Eastlink:
Sorry, Ndoni is not joining Anioma, they and the Oguta are part and parcel of Orashi state. No be only sabi claim doctored bini link to claim communities.
When the time come we go know. Better join up with IMO state or abia state and forget about so called orashi state. Ogba is Bini if you doubt go and ask their oba and we can't have Bini people in Igbo land.

Re: - by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2020
Eastlink:
Sorry, Ndoni is not joining Anioma, they and the Oguta are part and parcel of Orashi state. No be only sabi claim doctored bini link to claim communities.

You have successfully rubbished this thread...

Take time oooo
Re: - by Eastlink(m): 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
Adaogwashi1:

You didn’t suffer half of what we suffered, sorry to burst your bubble. The genocide carried out on your people was your fault. Who goes to welcome his enemy in war? You wanted to snitch on the Biafran forces and got gunned down by the Nigerian army.
But we on the other hand fought with pride till the end. We were surrounded by the 3rd marine commando on all corners but we fought and never surrendered. Have you heard of the story of the ‘Oguta boy’ during the war or the BOFF? In fact our area became a succor ground for those running from P/H and the Igbo interlands. We were the food basket of Biafra and provided the oil refineries that ran the nation.
We were made to pay dearly by the Nigerian Army and the new Ijaw government. Yet, the Igbos except for Zik, none came to our aid. So you shouldn’t blame our people who denied their tribe to survive. Even the Anambra dude would have done worst.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Procurement Boss, Onyejepu Emerges 'State Public Servant of the Year' / Which Nairalander Would You Like To See As President? / Solomon Lar’s Body Arrives Abuja Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.