Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents (68533 Views)

RRS Arrests Five "Awawa Boys" (Photos) / Street Boys Steal SARS Official's Phone During Illegal Search (Video) / Police Parade 'Scorpion' Awawa Boys Cult Leader In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by wirinet(m): 11:15am On Apr 13, 2020
Bekool:

Where is the almighty sw amotekun when u really need them most or is it just a political tool for 2023?
The Almighty SW amotekun was not supposed to replace the police, Army and civil defence, it was to protect against fulani herdsmen terrorising farmland, villages and expressways in the south west, who use the forests for cover.
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by hardbody: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

I'm glad you moved wink

Yes bro. As some sort of big fish in a small water...just saying...i would have been some of the earliest to have recieved their visit. tongue cheesy
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Skepticus: 11:23am On Apr 13, 2020
Fidelismaria:
What does that name mean?

Are they some kind of cult or club?

Cult. They storm areas in 50s and 100s. They originated from Lagos Mainland - Agege.

Awawa in Yoruba means "We are here" or to put it clearly in pidgin - "We Dey"

1 Like

Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Skepticus: 11:25am On Apr 13, 2020
fatymore:

Agege isn't lost yet..lol

We still have better people like me tongue

Awawa God Mother tongue
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by fatymore(f): 11:27am On Apr 13, 2020
Skepticus:

Awawa God Mother tongue

Lol.

I don't even have them as neighbors

1 Like

Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by olax02(m): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2020
Whats our police waiting for, shot on sight mother fu!k..awawa ko, awawa ni...useless he goats..
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2020
No bi small thing ohh, for my area here in Iyana Ipaja, na we dey secure ourselves. Na around 4 we enter inside our houses.
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2020
abokikhalifa:
Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Go About In Numbers Stealing From Residents

As I type this news, I'm typing with fear and unrest. Some parts of Lagos mainland are currently under attack from hoodlums. Areas such as Agege, iyana ipaja, abule egba, egbeda etc are currently under attack from these so called Awawa boys. .

The police are yet to respond as the youths in these areas as taking it upon them self to secure their street and environs. We need help from Lagos state government to help us secure our lives and property. For ones, let the Govt do something for us.

Here are some videos of what the boys look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcb00xEJJDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbwHapFE7Yg

Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:47am On Apr 13, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Stop saying nonsense.. dss aren't trained for this and they can't handle such.

What are they trained for?
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2020
Where is Amotekun?

1 Like

Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Vhickthour(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2020
The stupid Area G police for Ogba no dey do their work, na to dey find yahoo boys collect money.
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by DexterousOne(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2020
Dpharisee:
Yorubas jubilated when a lockdown was placed on the Eastern region for 3 years and the people survived it. One of the progenitors Awolowo is celebrated as a hero. Just one week of hunger and they are running mad.

Anyway they know the areas they harass people, Igbos in Lagos get yourselves ready with anything reliable, we know what happened during the last election when they invaded polling stations in Igbo dominated areas. That one was just a preamble. Lubbish
Blacksmiths in Awka have reserves in their storage

Many of you voted Buhari just to spite the 5% Igbos while thinking that an Ijawman GEJ was an Igboman

Oya make una deploy Amoteks on ground, not the online Amoteks armed with tomahawks

This is not the time for this kind talk undecided
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by istina: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2020
Asiwaju9ja:
Where is Amotekun?

They are Amotekun not Amovirus
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by DexterousOne(m): 11:54am On Apr 13, 2020
deleson:
Your expression is bereft of thoughtfulness.

We're facing social unrest and you're playing the tribalism game.

Do you think these boys will spare you if they accost you, regardless of your tribe?

Politics, tribalism, religion can't save this country. We've got rise above those primordial sentiments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by DexterousOne(m): 11:58am On Apr 13, 2020
olaztek:
I don't blame these boys. I blame our stupid politicians who gave them career in hooliganism. Politicians are not willing to curb their menace because they always need them to harass and intimidate people during election period.

Truth
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by hiteelong(f): 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
SciLab:

In Agege?

Alagbado
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Kylekent59: 12:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
Agege is an place in lagos known for its criminal activities and hooliganism by touts used by politicians during election.

It is a good thing people came out in masses to form a local vigilantes, which foiled their attempt to rob poor citizenry of Agege.

We are to be blamed for all these happening, because we voted those who don't care nor have what it takes to rule. The perpetrators [Awawa boys] are sometimes used by politicians during election, and these same Awawa boys are the ones causing havoc ; robbing, stealing, looting,and raping poor innocent citizens within lagos state.

Our leaders have failed us in terms of security. In a country, the first priority as a leader is "security ." If the country is not secured, then the evil ones will come and grab it.

There is just one thing i hate about some Nigerians: absence of unity. The two week's lock-down should be ending tomorrow, but because of some lazy and disobedient citizens which may/might have caused the rate of coronavirus contract to increase, the FG has decided to expand the lock down tentatively.

The people--- who live within those vicinity---who also has shops/properties--- should make sure they come out in masses at night, this would make those perpetrators to have a re-think.

Residents shouldn't even depend on the police, form your own security, any suspect seen or patrolling; perambulating , should be questioned, and if found guilty, should be handed to the police.

I wish everyone luck and victory this period.

1 Like

Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by mindtricks: 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
abokikhalifa:
Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Go About In Numbers Stealing From Residents

As I type this news, I'm typing with fear and unrest. Some parts of Lagos mainland are currently under attack from hoodlums. Areas such as Agege, iyana ipaja, abule egba, egbeda etc are currently under attack from these so called Awawa boys. .

The police are yet to respond as the youths in these areas as taking it upon them self to secure their street and environs. We need help from Lagos state government to help us secure our lives and property. For ones, let the Govt do something for us.

Here are some videos of what the boys look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcb00xEJJDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbwHapFE7Yg

Did we not see it coming?
Just the beginning.
The gap created has got to be filled.
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by mindtricks: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
wirinet:

Were you a member of Bob Marley and the wailers

You are still wailing 50 years after the civil war and still wailing 6 years after Jonathan's loss. Tears no dey finish for your eye? You wanted Yorubas to vote Jonathan by force?

Your head dey there my guy.
I see you love real raw reggae?
That band made a lot of sense I swear.
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by mechanics(m): 12:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
The situation won't have been this bad if our police officers do their work well.

1 Like

Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by XshegzzyeeiX: 12:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
post=88385587:
Onye Ohi, Barawos, Ole.....

These criminals that crime has always been their only occupation in their miserable lives are here using LOCKDOWN as an excuse to perpetrate their evil desires.
Watching the video and hearing the igbo/weed inducing voice of the commentator alone will let you know the kinda animals these boys are.
Bastards putting more sorrow in citizens life despite what is going on around the world.

SECONDED, Thirded and Fourthed..............
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by delpee(f): 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
Who are the Awawa boys? Why are they beyond the control of government? I don't understand why innocent people have to suffer while their tormentors walk free.

1 Like

Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by stormborn28(m): 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
foleskay:

Na awawa boys, not arewa. They're hoodlums in the street. Young boys of 18 to 22
OK.. Thanks for the correction... Those boys lives on fear they create... If the boys in the neighborhood can organise themselves and stand their feet, they will vanish
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Fragility6: 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I hold but this scenario is getting out of hand. The news keeps coming every week...

Moreover na people like you go still follow collect money and vote in incompetence.
I don't sell my conscience guy n i know empty lies wen i hear one. Bfor bubu entered i knew d guy was dangerous bt nigerians like words pass action. Pple were carrying placards under GEJ dat 67naira per litre 4 fuel was abnormal,now dem dey pay twice dat 67naira 4 fuel, 180naira to 1dollar was abnormal, now a dollar goes 4 almost 480naira,abi mk i talk of air transport from lagos to abuja price, bag of rice price den etc. Buhari cum over prove me wrong
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Superjazz: 12:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nukilia:
Just spray them insecticide, sanity will be restored...
Chemical warfare America go soon com arrest you go now grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
deleson:
UPDATE 1: Did you notice that they didn't attack stander-bys, passers-by and moving vehicles? Perhaps this is not targeted at residents but a rival tussle. May we see the full video?

The rich oppress the POOR...The poor also oppress the POOR.

This is a case of unmanaged anger and display gross stupidity.

These are the "enu gbe, anything for the boys, alabaru, agbero, conductor" boys with allegiance to a cult group and pressure groups.

Why oppress the same people in your community when they are not the ones that issued the lockdown nor engaged in public embezzlement?

They could channel their anger at elected officers and will make much sense.

We really have a long run to make in this country.

Don't get it twisted, Sir. Those in the video are not the boys. Those are youths that came out to defend their streets.

OP didn't explain well. Same happened in almost every street in Papa Ashafa

1 Like

Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Bimpe29: 12:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
May Allah grant us peace and security.

1 Like

Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Superjazz: 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
Kylekent59:
Agege is an place in lagos known for its criminal activities and hooliganism by touts used by politicians during election.

It is a good thing people came out in masses to form a local vigilantes, which foiled their attempt to rob poor citizenry of Agege.

We are to be blamed for all these happening, because we voted those who don't care nor have what it takes to rule. The perpetrators [Awawa boys] are sometimes used by politicians during election, and these same Awawa boys are the ones causing havoc ; robbing, stealing, looting,and raping poor innocent citizens within lagos state.

Our leaders have failed us in terms of security. In a country, the first priority as a leader is "security ." If the country is not secured, then the evil ones will come and grab it.

There is just one thing i hate about some Nigerians: absence of unity. The two week's lock-down should be ending tomorrow, but because of some lazy and disobedient citizens which may/might have caused the rate of coronavirus contract to increase, the FG has decided to expand the lock down tentatively.

The people--- who live within those vicinity---who also has shops/properties--- should make sure they come out in masses at night, this would make those perpetrators to have a re-think.

Residents shouldn't even depend on the police, form your own security, any suspect seen or patrolling; perambulating , should be questioned, and if found guilty, should be handed to the police.

I wish every luck and victory this period.
The day politicians stop using these boys for election fraud and the day fulanis are sent from Nigeria armrobbery rate will drop to 10%
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by Ehisod(m): 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
AfricaNigerian:
op you're an ingrate

those were the boys that secured both you and the whole of agege all through the night and they aren't awawa boys, these guys brought out their guns, cutlasses and other weapons just to protect the whole of agege last night... please be sure of something before you post next time. thank you

Yes, OP next time check before posting or better don't post fake news at all just because you want front page. They actually look like they are NOT harassing or robbing people. This same thing has being happening in my area just to help prevent possible invasion by the real thieves.
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by RealEstatePlus(m): 1:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
The government won't secure you.
It's best the citizens gather themselves together and secure themselves.
Re: Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents by PROJECTBASE: 1:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
Please does it mean that Sanwo-Olu is not aware or he is not not around to do something about these after- effects of Lockdown or knockdown he gave us. May be he planned to reduce Lagos population via all these crisis. SANWO-OLU, Ehnnn, Eko ti fe baje oooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy, Michael Jackson Aka 'Ella' In Lagos With Pot Of Juju / Man Caught Raping A Little Girl, Paraded In Public (Photos) / Health Worker In Rivers Sleeps With Man She Hired To Kill Her Husband (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.