Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. (1833 Views)

EFCC: Metuh Has Cases To Answer, Says His Alarm Was Unnecessary / Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by cougar1: 12:19am On Jan 05, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

First of all The Atiku i grew up knowing is one who has failed to convince me that 20 years in the Nigerian customs is enough to make somebody a multi-millionaire without being corrupt,not to talk of owning almost every single privatised government property during the first tenure of Obasanjo.

secondly Sir before you left the PDP to contest under AC you were accused of diverting the sum of $125 million dollars of public development funds to your private company and you have not been able to clear the air over that allegation but i guess like you and i know Nigerians have short memories so its easy to forget once we scream wolf and go to court where the case would either be adjourned indefinitely or quashed by some obscure ruling by any judge whose pocket is well lined up enough to see reason(s) why such charges can not hold.

Outside The Nigerian customs you have not done any other gainful employment which we know of but yet you own several firms among which is Intels Nigeria Limited an oil services company which operates in Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Sao Tome and Principe and as such during your 8 years as vice president your regime made sure that Nigerians had to queue up to get fuel which we were naturally blessed with just to protect your interest "abi" are you not the same owner of African petroleum?

Thirdly for a man who aspires to rule this great nation not to be able to visit the United state of america on the grounds of fear of corruption charges leveled against him or is the Jefferson/Mody telecommunication case involving the $100.000 case over ?please inform Nigerians we want to know.at least if all was well you wouldn't put your potomac mansion up for sale just because of a simple subpoena.being a case study in America for corruption is enough for anybody to go back there and clear his name but not you rather you decided to relocate your family to Dubai.

so far your names has featured prominently on the following corruption charges involving Halliburton, Daimler, Willbros and Congress man, William Jefferson.As for me, i do not see you as the perfect candidate to rule this country as you have been involved with every single government since 1975 and have benefited very well from each one so you my dear fiend do not have anything good to offer this country except to make us poorer than we already are.

Culled from a piece by Enzo Lala.

ibb is the best of the lot. all of them are thieves and that includes jonathan goodluck and abubakar atiku. i will rather have a smart thief in power than dumb thieves like jonathan goodluck and atiku.
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by dayokanu(m): 12:19am On Jan 05, 2011
Difference are never sorted out in the pages of newspapers but rather in the court of Law.

Why should Atiku come out to refute anything? Has Patience Jonathan come out to charge them to court for "Slander"?
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by dayokanu(m): 12:22am On Jan 05, 2011
frag:

We are all well aware that there are no laws in this country so trying to be educated with the issue of corruption in the country simply amounts to being silly. The saying 'innocent until proven guilty' has never applied to Nigeria, if it has would someone explain to me why are so many people in prisons all over the country without trial.
It seem we don't realise that the money these bastards are stealing is our money cause if we do we wont tolerate people like [size=18pt]Patience and Goodluck Jonathan[/size] let alone accommodate the thought of him vying for the presidency of this country.
I believe we need to change our attitude and start calling a spade a spade. If [size=18pt]Patience Jonathan[/size] is not guilty of any of these allegations then he should respect Nigerians and lay it bare. silly thief
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by frag(m): 12:32am On Jan 05, 2011
They are all thieves
50 years of independence with nothing to show for it but majority of Nigeria's ex leaders are billionaires.
You no go wake up!
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by Akainzo(m): 12:47am On Jan 05, 2011
First of all The Atiku i grew up knowing is one who has failed to convince me that 20 years in the Nigerian customs is enough to make somebody a multi-millionaire without being corrupt,not to talk of owning almost every single privatised government property during the first tenure of Obasanjo.

Well, as it is you got it wrong. The man did not remain stagnant from the time he left the customs services till date. It amuses me that people that lack ambition thinks everyone should be like them. Live for the job, no investments, no plan B, no ambition. Sorry dude, the man is not in your league.
By The Way, the man was not in charge of BPE in the first tenure of OBJ, he assumed the leadership post 2003.

secondly Sir before you left the PDP to contest under AC you were accused of diverting the sum of $125 million dollars of public development funds to your private company and you have not been able to clear the air over that allegation but i guess like you and i know Nigerians have short memories so its easy to forget once we scream wolf and go to court where the case would either be adjourned indefinitely or quashed by some obscure ruling by any judge whose pocket is well lined up enough to see reason(s) why such charges can not hold.

I guess it is your memory that is short. The man was never even charged to court! EFCC led by Ribadu had no case against him. Since you have such a short memory, I would help you. The accusation was that he authorized $125M to be deposited in ETB rather than a certain govt account, and that ETB later gave Otunba Fasawe a loan. His defense was simple, such that EFCC and the budget office couldn't fault it, the money was lodged in ETB at a guaranteed premium rate of 17%, thus when the deposit rates fell, the FGN was still making money. In essence, he made a business decision for which any company accountant would have gotten a bonus.
And how many of you can instruct a bank on who and who they can lend money to or what they can use your deposits for? It's time you guys educate yourself rather than reading tabloids.

Outside The Nigerian customs you have not done any other gainful employment which we know of but yet you own several firms among which is Intels Nigeria Limited an oil services company which operates in Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Sao Tome and Principe and as such during your 8 years as vice president your regime made sure that Nigerians had to queue up to get fuel which we were naturally blessed with just to protect your interest "abi" are you not the same owner of African petroleum?

Your lack of knowledge is so sickening. Any average follower of investment news in Nigeria would tell you who owns AP.
If you are actually educated and capable of good things, you'd know many people that have not worked for a single company in their life but have many investments as they dared to strike out in their prime to make something of their lives. It's not only a 9-5 job that is success you know!

Thirdly for a man who aspires to rule this great nation not to be able to visit the United state of america on the grounds of fear of corruption charges leveled against him or is the Jefferson/Mody telecommunication  case involving the $100.000 case over ?please inform Nigerians  we want to know.at least if all was well you wouldn't put your potomac mansion up for sale just because of a simple subpoena.being a case study in America for corruption is enough for anybody to go back there and clear his name but not you rather you decided to relocate your family to Dubai.

So why has the US not indicted him? Why is there no warrant out for his arrest? Why has the FBI not invoked the extradition treaty it has with Nigeria? Why has the FBI not supplied this information to EFCC to use against him?
Stop peddling rumours. Show a link to a single statement or document where Atiku has been declared wanted in the US.

so far your names has featured prominently on the following  corruption charges involving Halliburton, Daimler, Willbros and Congress man, William Jefferson.As for me, i do not see you as the perfect candidate to rule this country as you have been involved with every single government since 1975  and have benefited very well from each one so you my dear fiend do not have anything good to offer this country except to make us poorer than we already are.

Culled from a piece by Enzo Lala

What was his role in govt in 1975-1979? What role was he in from 1979 to 1983? What role in 1984 -1985? What role from 1985 to 1999?
And what role from 2007 till date?
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by Righton: 1:21am On Jan 05, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=10pt][b]Outside The Nigerian customs you have not done any other gainful employment which we know of but yet you own several firms among which is Intels Nigeria Limited an oil services company which operates in Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and Sao Tome and Principe and as such during your 8 years as vice president your regime made sure that Nigerians had to queue up to get fuel which we were naturally blessed with just to protect your interest "abi" are you not the same owner of African petroleum?

Another person has dealt with the others. AP was sold to Sadiq petroleum. But Obasanjo kept insisting that Sadiq Petroleum was owned by Atiku, he denied it. Nevertheless, Obasanjo revoked the sale and resold it to Otedola
1. Your premise that he sold several companies to himself cannot hold water because like Obj did with AP, he would have recovered all from Atiku
2. Note that while Obj was accusing Atiku, he was buying up shares in Transcorp to which the FG had earmarked some juicy concessions. Eventually Obj was forced to divest his 200m shares in Transcorp. This must have cost at least N600m. Recall that before he became president again in 1999, Obasanjo was nearly bankrupt
3. Check facts before posting because you are beginning to look like somebody on a mission to destroy some candidates. While you query the authenticity of some posts by others, you are making factual "errors" in yours
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by jaygetta1: 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2011
@DayoKanu: U say "Why hasn't Patience Jonathan accused anyone of slander"? U really think Mrs.CowboyHat knows the meaning of the word? Ure really pushing it o! If she attempt pronounce the word sef, na bite she go bite her tongue comot!
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by jaygetta1: 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2011
I'm not calling anyone a m*oron o, but, shiyyeet, if u vote/endorse Atiku of Bayelsa cowboy. . . .
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by 9ijaMan: 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
jay_getta:

@DayoKanu: U say "Why hasn't Patience Jonathan accused anyone of slander"? U really think Mrs.CowboyHat knows the meaning of the word? Ure really pushing it o! If she attempt pronounce the word sef, na bite she go bite her tongue comot!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by jaygetta1: 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2011
Atiku o, Bayelsa Cowboy o, both of them are useless. . .!
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2011
She go say "I wan sharge you to cut for Salanda"
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by jaygetta1: 3:15am On Jan 07, 2011
^^^roflmao^^^
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by infofta(m): 1:16am On Jan 08, 2011
The problem we are having in Nigeria is we are been ruled and controlled by one greedy group of people with the same ambition. Now it is Atiku, IBB etc may be the next election it will be Abacha's son or another OBJ right hand man. Are there no other qualified and educated people. It is only in Nigeria a minister of Agriculture is demoted or promoted to minister of health, minister of health to avaition a round peg in a square hole. My advice to this so called candidates or politicians, invest the money you are going to steal in Nigeria instead of keeping them in foreign accounts which will be loaned back to us with interest. And to the supporters or compaing group, think of the future of your children and children children, you are not saying the truth because of the little money you received for your birhtright. Nigeria is among the poorest country in the world, one of the most corrupt country, soon we will be labeled a terrorist nation. People now sleep with one eye closed in Abuja soon it will extend to other cities. Our we going foward or backward. Let the people in govt imitate countries like South Africa and Ghana to mention a few. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Questions Mr. Atiku Needs To Answer Urgently. by infofta(m): 1:17am On Jan 08, 2011
The problem we are having in Nigeria is we are been ruled and controlled by one greedy group of people with the same ambition. Now it is Atiku, IBB etc may be the next election it will be Abacha's son or another OBJ right hand man. Are there no other qualified and educated people. It is only in Nigeria a minister of Agriculture is demoted or promoted to minister of health, minister of health to avaition a round peg in a square hole. My advice to this so called candidates or politicians, invest the money you are going to steal in Nigeria instead of keeping them in foreign accounts which will be loaned back to us with interest. And to the supporters or compaing group, think of the future of your children and children children, you are not saying the truth because of the little money you received for your birhtright. Nigeria is among the poorest country in the world, one of the most corrupt country, soon we will be labeled a terrorist nation. People now sleep with one eye closed in Abuja soon it will extend to other cities. Our we going foward or backward. Let the people in govt imitate countries like South Africa and Ghana to mention a few. A word is enough for the wise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Doles Out N167m Bursary To Lagos State Natives Studying In Various / Goodluck Jonathan Is Winning African Cup When His Mates Are Winning World Cup / 2015-the Prophecy Is Coming True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.