Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,914 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Help!help!! On My ES350 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!help!! On My ES350 (5833 Views)

Wife Damages Her Lexus ES350 Car, Then Blames Husband (video) / Water Shortage On My Es350 / Help! Help! Help! Eliminate Cockroaches In My Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by NaijadrivaCars: 6:41pm On Apr 16, 2020
Fentanyl:

his usual tactics are to derail and insult other posters on a thread, then call the moderators and get the posters banned, only to login with another username and continue on a different thread

who insults more than you You fit be one small boy sef.
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by Postingnonsense: 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ikenna351:
Yet people are blind and quick to condemn Peugeot vehicles as problematic, ignoring the fact that Nigerians do terrible things on their modern vehicles, not just Peugeots, and they quickly blame the brand or vehicle as the cause. This thread is just one of those that have proven even Nigerian Toyota users go through same headaches Nigerian Peugeot users experience when they mess up their vehicle systems.

Based on symptom you described, if it was Peugeot, I wouldn't bother much with scan, for it may help in a case like this (not saying scanning shouldn't be done). Physical elimination or rule out will be my be focus by checking:

- Vacuum leak.

- Engine wiring connections.

- CTS.

- Cylinder reference sensor or synchronization with CKP sensor (Timing).

- Condition of Injection ECU.

Something is making ECU to lean out or inject excess fuel in combustion chambers at high engine temperature, which is why it starts at cold temperature, but hard/non start at high. Ruling out the listed above will narrow the culprit (even though it could be elsewhere)

Since, you know nothing about cars, it's not something mere scan tool or guess work will detect. That car needs someone that understands how Toyota injection systems work to physically diagnose the car beyond scan tool. I am not that person. Find him or her. And stop wasting your time online trying to find opinions that could waste more money for you.

For those suggesting fuel pump/fuel pressure could be the issue, an EFI car engine that can run for hours without stalling but refuses to start immediately has nothing to do with fuel pressure or pump. For those suggesting starter issue, the symptom described didn't indicate crank issue at hot engine temperature. As for immobilizer suggestion, I have never seen immobilizer that chooses to activate only when engine is hot when faulty, as if it works with engine coolant and oil temperatures. To understand how modern car systems work, focus or spend more time on practical on Vehicles than online opinions. In some cases, they are two different worlds.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

You forgot to add your account number and demand ₦20,000

4 Likes

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by Postingnonsense: 8:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
bojokayode:

Sincere answer I must say...God will bless you even during this lockdown...

How has that helped you?

Kindly pay ₦20,000 into his acct.
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by Postingnonsense: 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Explain step by step. Points to note, inability to crank, engine shutting off while in motion .

Keep quiet when experts are talking

5 Likes

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by scarplanet(m): 9:32am On Apr 17, 2020
Ikenna351:
Yet people are blind and quick to condemn Peugeot vehicles as problematic, ignoring the fact that Nigerians do terrible things on their modern vehicles, not just Peugeots, and they quickly blame the brand or vehicle as the cause. This thread is just one of those that have proven even Nigerian Toyota users go through same headaches Nigerian Peugeot users experience when they mess up their vehicle systems.

Based on symptom you described, if it was Peugeot, I wouldn't bother much with scan, for it may help in a case like this (not saying scanning shouldn't be done). Physical elimination or rule out will be my be focus by checking:

- Vacuum leak.

- Engine wiring connections.

- CTS.

- Cylinder reference sensor or synchronization with CKP sensor (Timing).

- Condition of Injection ECU.

Something is making ECU to lean out or inject excess fuel in combustion chambers at high engine temperature, which is why it starts at cold temperature, but hard/non start at high. Ruling out the listed above will narrow the culprit (even though it could be elsewhere)

Since, you know nothing about cars, it's not something mere scan tool or guess work will detect. That car needs someone that understands how Toyota injection systems work to physically diagnose the car beyond scan tool. I am not that person. Find him or her. And stop wasting your time online trying to find opinions that could waste more money for you.

For those suggesting fuel pump/fuel pressure could be the issue, an EFI car engine that can run for hours without stalling but refuses to start immediately has nothing to do with fuel pressure or pump. For those suggesting starter issue, the symptom described didn't indicate crank issue at hot engine temperature. As for immobilizer suggestion, I have never seen immobilizer that chooses to activate only when engine is hot when faulty, as if it works with engine coolant and oil temperatures. To understand how modern car systems work, focus or spend more time on practical on Vehicles than online opinions. In some cases, they are two different worlds.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

One of the most intelligent answers here.... and well detailed.
Unlike some self-acclaimed car gurus that'll post a line of incoherently statement/sentence feeling like they own all the knowledge in the world

3 Likes

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by Fentanyl: 9:45am On Apr 17, 2020
[s]
scarplanet:

One of the most intelligent answers here.... and well detailed.
Unlike some self-acclaimed car gurus that'll post a line of incoherently statement/sentence feeling like they own all the knowledge in the world

[/s]

the professional ass lickers have arrived

2 Likes

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by Crochet: 10:25am On Apr 17, 2020
I hope you didnt buy a stolen car , this perhaps may be the reason why the car is acting up my suggestion though.

1 Like

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by adanny01(m): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2020
9icetoo:

8. Is your AC on while attempting to restart engine? Consider turning it off if it is. I've encountered this problem before.

I don't know for your car, AC compressor doesn't kick-in until 2-3 secs after engine starts running.

Unless the clutch power is direct which is never a factory case.

1 Like

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by Blacklaurel: 10:33am On Apr 17, 2020
@Op, is there any after market immobilizer in the car? My wife's Pontiac vibe had similar issue few years ago, we changed fuel pump and some other funny things to no avail. We later realised the immobilizer switch was having seizures, bought another switch at 500 naira and the problem disappeared till car was sold.

1 Like

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by promotervickky(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2020
Godlove087:
Have been using this ES 350toks since 2019 January ,i change the complete engine after a break down at akure -owo high way and has to be towed back to akure .The problem started months after changing the engine

The main problem is that it fails to start after moving for a while and i have to look for a place to chill for like 40 to 2 hours or I take a cab home and come back to pick it up and it will works fine afterwards ,have diagnosed almost everywhere in akure here and have spend some money without finding a lasting solution close to 6 months now .

Please I need your help elders before this vehicle kill me ....

did you ran a VINChecks before you bought it as toks?
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:55am On Apr 17, 2020
promotervickky:

Very silly question.

1 Like

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by Godlove087: 10:58am On Apr 17, 2020
promotervickky:

I didn’t know much about it until recently when I started navigating Auto thread on Nairaland, but I guess it was late already
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by promotervickky(m): 11:01am On Apr 17, 2020
Godlove087:

I didn’t know much about it until recently when I started navigating Auto thread on Nairaland, but I guess it was late already

You can still run a vincheck, that may reveal what is causing the problem.
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by fuckboys: 11:37am On Apr 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Explain step by step. Points to note, inability to crank, engine shutting off while in motion .

dude, he needs an expert not a Toyota mechanic.
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by NaijadrivaCars: 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2020
Fentanyl:

Guess why I am following you? To flog you when you misbehave. And youhave done so.

1 Like

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by asamwababy: 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Very silly question.

Take a chill grin

Hope the infiniti G is not frustrating you like it did American dad aka Obitee.

Which made him constantly bite everyone.

1 Like

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
asamwababy:

Take a chill grin

Hope the infiniti G is not frustrating you like it did American dad aka Obitee.

Which made him constantly bite everyone.

Nah, we good. No troubles, just vibes.

2 Likes

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by bojokayode(m): 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
Postingnonsense:

How has that helped you?

Kindly pay ₦20,000 into his acct.

Sorry bro,I have learnt from the small piece he added here.
Note,I have read through so many peoples thread here and I have seen other people also advertising themselves which I don't see as a problem....cos man much chop...It's simply about providing solution to problems,if anyone can help just help&bring d innocent man out of this problem.
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by bojokayode(m): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
Postingnonsense:

Keep quiet when experts are talking

I don't know how u see this bro,but this right here is an advert shikena.
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by Nonnyman45: 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
Pls house my es 350 2010 model is giving me small problems, the car will always jerk and will not select gear properly when ever i use it to go far place. Like from lagos to shagamu it will start jerking and it will not accelerate well, unless i off the engine and start it , it will start working well after a long distance it will start again. Pls what might be the cause. Thanks
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by Nonnyman45: 3:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
Pls house my es 350 2010 model is giving me small problems, the car will always jerk and will not select gear properly when ever i use it to go far place. Like from lagos to shagamu it will start jerking and it will not accelerate well, unless i off the engine and start it , it will start working well after a long distance it will start again. Pls what might be the cause. Thanks
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by OPUSDEI1(m): 1:56am On Apr 25, 2020
Nonnyman45:

Looks like a fuel pump issue, but better locate a workshop that can run a comprehensive computer diagnosis to avoid unnecessary spending on irrelevant repairs/replacement.
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:59am On Apr 25, 2020
Nonnyman45:

Do you have loss of power or transmission issues?

Inability to switch to the right gears?
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by 9icetoo(m): 1:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
adanny01:

I don't know for your car, AC compressor doesn't kick-in until 2-3 secs after engine starts running.

Unless the clutch power is direct which is never a factory case.
We all know a lot of AC out there aren't factory connections anymore. That's why I ask. I've come across across a car that won't start if the AC was on. The crank speed would be severely reduced.
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by proclinician: 8:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
Fentanyl:

You are just tremendously challenged. You need to be at war with yourself if u can get anything tangible out your session in the land of the living.
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by proclinician: 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Very silly question.

Okay. He didn't run a VIN check on this car and he has no prior knowledge of the service history which holds important info like in medicine where health history is basic in diagnosis and treatment. How in the holy hell is the question a stupid one if not that obviously you are the stupid one now.
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:44pm On Apr 25, 2020
proclinician:

Okay. He didn't run a VIN check on this car and he has no prior knowledge of the service history which holds important info like in medicine where health history is basic in diagnosis and treatment. How in the holy hell is the question a stupid one if not that obviously you are the stupid one now.

Because the car has been with him for over a year? You think a VIN check will tell him why it has issues starting after use?
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by proclinician: 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Because the car has been with him for over a year? You think a VIN check will tell him why it has issues starting after use?

Do you even know what a service history mean?
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by Postingnonsense: 11:39am On Apr 26, 2020
Ikenna351:

It's very disgusting to me for you to be following me around in almost every thread I comment. If you are a man, I am not gay. If you are a woman, I am a Monk. So I have zero interest in having sex with any woman, man, female or male.
Just want it to be clear to you, if you choose to continue what you are doing, incase that's your intention.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk .

hyperprolactinemia. May God grant you the strength through this trying period.

Explains why you have the tiny voice.

1 Like

Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by Nonnyman45: 11:59pm On Apr 26, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Do you have loss of power or transmission issues?

Inability to switch to the right gears?
. Yes the power will be fluctuate like going down. Yes too the gear hardly switch to the next one.
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:38am On Apr 27, 2020
Nonnyman45:
. Yes the power will be fluctuate like going down. Yes too the gear hardly switch to the next one.

Not enough info for me to make an informed suggestion.
Re: Help!help!! On My ES350 by Deoboss(m): 9:57am On Apr 27, 2020
radautoworks:

Pretty sure it's a wiring issue

A friend of mine too had this similar issues with his ES330 back then. Last last, his bro in U.S checked & found out that it was a flooded car. It was sold off at a give away price after exhaustive repairs were done & yet no tangible solution.

Lesson:- Don’t buy a Tokunbo car without checking the Vin first

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! My Car Goes Off When I Put In Drive Or Reverse. / How Long Does It Take To Charge A Dead Car Battery? / Is It Fire Coming From The Exhaust Of This Toyota Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.