Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,330 members, 7,836,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Is Time We Sit And Rethink - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Time We Sit And Rethink (202 Views)

I Think It's Time We South South People Start "This Is Our State, This Is Our Oi / $30 Billion Loan. Atiku Can Not Sit And Watch. Nigerians React. / Will Any Government In The World Sit And Watch A "Revolution" Protest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Time We Sit And Rethink by AGUBANZE(m): 12:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
Democracy have failed us

With the recent pandemic and the world running around to find a cure for what could have been projected 15 years ago ; I think it’s high time we rethought about the whole political landscape of democracy . How it has failed people who believe in it whole fully and disappointed a lot of believers in the system of capitalism .

Did you know that the president of Cameroon is yet to address the nation after more than over 700 confirmed cases in his own soil. Nobody knows if he’s actually dead or alive . So you can set up an army and invade Cameroon , declaring it your own territory within minutes . Yup ,that’s how susceptible democracy left us . Countries failing there citizens isn’t out of the question as a lot is going sideways . From the so called first world countries to the third world countries. It got so bad that the USA is highjacking medical supplies like PPE and N95 masks from other countries on international waters . Yup , you heard me right ,highjack ,like pirate of the Caribbean .

With stay at home lockdown orders from countries without any form of social welfare or social security , which can be summarized as stay at home to starve isn’t something a lot of people will bat their eyes about , but it’s happening and it’s stretching the cheap thin divide that have kept the masses in such situation oblivious of what they’re actually in ,forgetting it isn’t democracy , it’s just something offered to them by the westerns that don’t seem to work for them and isn’t doing so great in your own corner of the world . Did the world need a pandemic to know that ? Nope . We have been talking for ages non stop about the gap in wages , the poverty line, social welfare and taking care of our veterans ,better employment security , paid sick leave (yea it’s still a thing , we’re savages ) . Imagine you gotta show up sick for work to keep our job , even Gorillas have more empathy .

In a world where people need Gofundme account to get Medicare they need from total strangers they don’t know , leave you to question a lot of things you believe in ,I think we’re not doing this right . It would be cheaper to remain sick and possibly transmit asymptotic disease than get tested . Crazy right ?

I don’t wanna the harbinger of bad news but we humans need to sit and reevaluate how far we have come and what needs to change in the autocracy and capitalism for the super rich . Running thin everything we hold dear to the ground if divulged . We might as well live in a zoo and claim our own territories , print our own passport and money and throw the whole system into a burning trash can to start afresh . Maybe then can we see where our priorities lies , the overwhelming number of old people in power who can’t pronounce words and can’t even tell if they are alive . The super rich one percent makes a choice and let us feel like we got an option . No ,we’re too stupid to just buy what is thrown at us . I’m not in any way advocating for what seem like choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. I’m just talking about what our ancestors made us believe that we really need to sit and rethink the whole process .

Do the so called leaders who we choose care a little tiny bit about us ? That’s a question that a lot will answer in the negative . It doesn’t seem like they care . We’re too complacent to their plans . We can’t fight the army we helped sponsor . Even if we have the same weapon as the army we pay to protect us ,we can easily pull it all down and start afresh .

With humans evolving , we should be looking at options of making life better . The options of automation and standard global income . Drawing up borders in papers haven’t worked so well seeing we can shuttle from one part of the world to another in the air kind of seem to defeat the purpose . Maybe the line was created to keep us from pulling resources together and thinking . What had A got that B don’t . How can we pull A and B together to arrive at a more sensible world. Who will the job be left to ? To take care of the whole process ?

If you have all this questions you guess I sure do too . What other ways can we enumerate and overcome our bustling egotistical society . Where everyone acts like they got their shit together . It’s gonna take ages of urgent revolutionary measures. What do we leave for the upcoming generations ? A college debt they can’t get off after getting the much taunted education we told them is the way . To come and work in a field that won’t let them take sick leave or get them protected against diseases when they need us the most . That shouldn’t be the best we can come up with . I refuse to say that can’t be .

Do you know as funny as it might sound , Gofundme isn’t supported in all the countries . Yup , some third world countries don’t deserve the shot at living or propping them up . We just leave them to die at the mercy of a believe we shoved down their throat and watch as they ruin it for everybody . Who calls the shots ? Yea ,some old guys can tell you how to spend your money helping people and who to help .

The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation have been pumping money non stop trying to take on what the world government should be actually looking at . Global warming and preparing for a pandemic like this . They have warned in the past about measles come back , malaria killing more people than it should actually be killing and how we’re not safe if our neighborhood is on fire . But the world took them as pessimistic environmentalist . What if we stopped to pick up a hose and try to stop the spreading flame before what we know as the minority or poor people goes extinct .

What if we could start with minimalistic changes to our basic beliefs and system . Try to radicalize the whole process and actually listen to what the country have to tell us , what the world is shouting down our throats and take a minute of evaluation to say , oh Bleep , we been doing this all wrong for a really long time and we’re not as smart as we thought we’re. What if changes come . What if people can get off work and still be able to live . What if i don’t beg strangers for money to pay for healthcare. What if I actually go to college to study Dogs and come out top of my class as out of the box thinker and actually see that dogs can think better than we do ,that we’re their slaves and they own us . What if ? What if ?

We need to rethink our basic beliefs as humans if we still wanna keep on living on this planet . There is a lot that is gonna be working against us in the possible future . If something so thin like this pandemic can show the cracks on the wall so blatantly ignored , we can be hoping for a better future for our children . It might already be too late for us but we need to start from somewhere . We need change , absolute change .

Author : Jay

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Absence Of African Union In The Face Of Pandemic / Is Gov Wike Doing The Right Thing. / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.