Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF (41396 Views)

Nigeria Heading For Price Crash, Says BUA Chairman, Rabiu Abdulsamad / Nigeria Slides Into Worst Recession Since 1987 / Nigeria Faces Worst Recession In 40 Years – World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by SarkinYarki: 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2020
ziddy:

Buhari is an evil being.

The sole purpose of his existence is to cause havoc in the lives of other people.

God bless you for this truth

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by PHijo(m): 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2020
philip0906:

Lemao...Ofcourse, you've been cornered so yeah, it won't matter grin grin

The point is that, all these has absolutely nothing to do with Buhari, so slow your roll

All what HAPPENED in Nigeria has EVERYTHING to do with Buhari. Due to his high level of incompetence he mismanaged it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by GoldHorse(m): 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2020
Leave us alone IMF!
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by GGirll: 10:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
Corrinthians:
The government is helpless in the current situation.

Nevertheless, if the impact of the pandemic does not get as bad as predicted for the West and other trade partners of Nigeria then we might not be caught in as bad a situation as predicted by the IMF.

So, as much as we hope and pray for our nation, so must we also for those we depend on for imports and exports. We need them to remain healthy for our government to remain solvent. Imagine the downward trend continues in the US, the blowback on the world economy would be catastrophic, especially for developing and third world countries. NGOs which employ our friends and families would become part of the first casualties. As funding gets slashed for them, so would their workforce.

The scariest of all is the current price of oil at the international market. It portends grave danger for our economy.

Not for me n my household nor my tribesmen n women because since I was born n now I am getting old I have never seen Nigeria changing neither have I benefited any thing from past n present presidiots n their pawns n supporters so as I've been told that d just shall live by Faith n not by sight n as I've been told also that d young lions do lack n suffer hunger but they that wait upon d Lord shall renew their strengths as I n my family,friends,colleagues,loved ones n tribesmen will never lack any good thing as we had in time immemorial proved to our foes n friends in this world that we can survive any hardship so also shall we survive these cos whom GOD ALMIGHYhas bless no man can curse no matter their evil conspiracies n theories...I only pity those who had been feeding fat since time immemorial n can't stand d test of time n also those who thought they were doing us n just shot themselves on their own foots.....what a tragedy for the wicked whom I know will never go unpunished.
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Modikko(m): 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2020
Sai Baba!!!! If the thing pain you, fall off the cliff and break your neck
Mistaicey2288:
Issokay... No be new thin nah. Shebi the dullard in Aso Rock had previously plunged the nation into recession. Now we're about witnessing the worst in 30 years under Mr Clueless/Mr Lifeless. A tyrant incompetent dictator who failed as a Military Head of State and only played blame games and now still a failure as a Democratic President playing same blame games..

But he still has his zombie Sai Barbarians following and hailing him even when they can clearly see how useless their leader is. Alas, they are all Unrepentant senseless fools... Make una continue to Sai Barber ooo. Ndị Ara!
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Modikko(m): 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
You need some basic knowledge of economics and world politics
PHijo:

All what HAPPENED in Nigeria has EVERYTHING to do with Buhari. Due to his high level of incompetence he mismanaged it.
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2020
these loans were borrowed to be stolen or looted, just like the palliathieves.
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Donbigdad777: 10:48pm On Apr 14, 2020
Recession is our inheritance for decades so what
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Ruthchy(f): 11:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
Angelfrost:

It already has...

Some of them change monikers to beg all over this forum, and other social media handles.

I kinda admire their dedication to pretending in the midst of starvation... grin
My conditions for helping people now, you most use your old narialand account, the one he use to comment here,he most write his full name here not just account number, I will go through his comments here to know if he is Buhari supporter or zombie, and if he is, nothing from me, let him go to his baba,if he is not I will give the person help, that is most from me .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by PHijo(m): 11:11pm On Apr 14, 2020
Modikko:

To start with, how relevant is Nigeria to world politics or economics?

You are relevant as a their toilet hence the reference, shithole. Rating agencies have already downgraded the Buhari's economy to junk status.

Stop over estimating yourself! Who cares what his toilet or dustbin 'thinks' of eating habits?
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Mistaicey2288: 11:22pm On Apr 14, 2020
Modikko:
Sai Baba!!!! If the thing pain you, fall off the cliff and break your neck

Unfortunately for you, I'm doing well for myself unlike the idiots like yourself. So Sai Barber or nor, I'll keep doing fine. I bet by the time your leaderbis through with you, no one will tell you before you do this same nonsense you typed up there for yourself. At least, the world would bw rid of one idiot...
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Staro: 11:28pm On Apr 14, 2020
[s]
Chosen1984:
With the way these World Organizations are Intrested in Nigeria these days.... I Suspect something..

There is a Target!

I Suspect all these concerns are Connected to a Vaccine!

I Believe that the Belief is that once Nigeria is gotten , any other African nation will fall in..

Nigeria is Respected and Feared not because of our Economy or leaders!

Nigeria is Feared because Nigeria is a Spiritual Heavy Weight!

Only very few will understand these things!
[/s]

Nonsense talk
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Successlane: 11:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
Banmeallday:
Let it get worse...We need Oduduwa, Arewa, Biafra period

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEfNI9Aee4

What of South- South?
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Successlane: 11:50pm On Apr 14, 2020
NaMeAboki:
Some ppl will always blame Buhari and the govt on everything including their own personal failures - especially the born to hate and wail brigade.

Hate is their Heritage.
They are born into it so they can't help it.
They equally hate themselves.
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Bekool(m): 11:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
Omooba77:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/14/nigeria-heading-worst-recession-30-years-%E2%80%93imf

So that meañs buhari will be plunging nigeria economy into reccession three consecutive times in his lifet ime the man is truly mr reccessionist.
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by GoldenisSilence: 12:47am On Apr 15, 2020
Oga chosen keep your chosen madness on the streets bro

Chosen1984:
With the way these World Organizations are Intrested in Nigeria these days.... I Suspect something..

There is a Target!

I Believe that the Belief is that once Nigeria is gotten , any other African nation will fall in..

Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by PropertyBuying(f): 12:54am On Apr 15, 2020
Ventura1:
Expected, let's just hope it doesn't fall into depression.
Social unrest, social vices, restiveness and more in the society... All are aftermath and consequences of actions and inactions of our so called leaders since independence.
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Sadteen: 12:55am On Apr 15, 2020
Chosen1984:

There are Major happenings all over the world Today.

Before they come out to do certain things physically there are heavy high Spiritual consultations that are done. Infact things are Concluded Spirtually before they carry it out physically..

If you have been alert for some time now you will notice that certain Nations, Organizations and people have been concerned about Nigeria.

Few days Zakari of CNN mentioned that Nigeria should be carried along in this Covid stuff and all that

Melinda gates mentioned Nigeria again

Now this again!

I perceive they have a target but due to High powered Prayers going on in Nigeria, they are finding it difficult to subdue Spiritually.

What are you smoking? Stop it, it is not good for your health
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by CoolAmbience(m): 5:03am On Apr 15, 2020
flokii:
Exactly my fear..

The brilliant and sound ones that laid the ground work sustaining the country till date have been removed and replaced out of partisan politics.

Hopefully Nigeria will survive what is coming

May we know those brilliant ones that were removed and replaced please?
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Omooba77: 7:11am On Apr 15, 2020
Bekool:

So that meañs buhari will be plunging nigeria economy into reccession three consecutive times in his lifet ime the man is truly mr reccessionist.
God will deliver us from his hands. Hope our Youth will be wise to see how these politicians are destroying their future.
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Deoboss(m): 7:47am On Apr 15, 2020
Omooba77:

After Covid19 our lives will not remain same again

Sad truth, this will be like the Great Depression America witnessed in the 1930’s.

Ours won’t be so easy to get out of cause of massive corruption & our govt is not responsive either to the yearning of the masses
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Monjerk: 8:55am On Apr 15, 2020
Thank God that Buhari came to power, if not he would have become the best president Nigeria never had.

Nigerians deserve what they have as leaders.

We becloud ourselves with tribalism and refused to elect good leaders.

Even in the face of global recession, good leaders will find their way out quickly but Nigerian leaders will keep on blaming others for their flaws.
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by socialmediaman: 8:59am On Apr 15, 2020
Seun:
Is it the Coronavirus that will cause the recession or our government’s approach to fighting the virus, as advised by experts in the same category as the ones predicting a bleak future for us?

I don’t think the experts advised the corruption part
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Deepthoughts: 9:32am On Apr 15, 2020
Omooba77:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/14/nigeria-heading-worst-recession-30-years-%E2%80%93imf
Instead of all these complete lock downs,the federal government should just order the general mandatory use of face mask by all citizens when outside while economic activities can go on, places of large gathering can be regulated where necessary n other necessary health measures can implemented to handle the situation,these lockdowns will just make things worse.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:37am On Apr 15, 2020
Ferraribaby:
With we are going to overcome recession

Abeg my people

No amount is small
Even if it's 100naira
Acc 3068190115
Bank. Firstbank
First of, change your moniker to kekebaby. This particular one does not help your plea
Secondly, how exactly do you intend to withdraw 100 naira or is it a gofundme kind of thing?
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by somehow: 9:51am On Apr 15, 2020
flokii:
Exactly my fear..

The brilliant and sound ones that laid the ground work sustaining the country till date have been removed and replaced out of partisan politics.

Hopefully Nigeria will survive what is coming

Who were the brilliant and sound ones that were sustaining this country before and what are the groundwork they laid down? can you mention 5 of these names lets compare them with those they were replaced with?
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:55am On Apr 15, 2020
wink2015:

President Buhari wasted money searching for oil in the north because the money for the project was not from the north but from the Niger delta region.

So he can afford to trash Niger delta crude oil to the wastebin in that dastardly illusive search.
To him as at then he was meeting the heart desire of the average northerners who was dreaming of sweet crude oil in their northern domain.

But what is crude oil price today at the international oil market?

It is below $30.

Even at that price alone Nigeria is still unable to sell its over 50 barrels of crude loaded and berthing in international waters in the high seas due to the outbreak of coronavirus.

That money that he wasted on NNPC searching for crude oil in the northern states should have been spent to revive the ailing power sectors which over the years have provided epileptic services.

If the power sectors is revived it will lift other dead sectors of the Nigeria economy especially small businesses.

Many Nigerians can afford to employ themselves outside government jobs but they need electricity to function.

Another good option is to invest in the agricultural sectors that is also a huge employer of labour.
We have vast fertile lands suitable for agriculture in all regions of Nigeria.

I call Buhari 's action penny wise pound foolish.

Until Nigeria 's political leadership develop the capacity to think outside the box and then rule their people with honest character devoid of nepotism and corruption.

Nigeria route to greatness may probably be very long.

The most painful part is, no one will ever know the full amount spent in that useless and worthless ethnic agenda. The cost is captured under NNPC's operation cost which is withdrawn from source and is accounted for by no one. It could easily be the biggest heist and waste rolled into one ever perpetrated on a country in history.
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:24am On Apr 15, 2020
Modikko:
Interesting how zombies have suddenly become experts in economics and world politics from the comfort of their bedrooms
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Modikko(m): 11:16am On Apr 15, 2020
Alaye will you sit down there and keep quiet. Dunderhead
Agboriotejoye:

Interesting how zombies have suddenly become experts in economics and world politics from the comfort of their bedrooms
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Modikko(m): 11:19am On Apr 15, 2020
Alaye.. please lower your voice ok you don’t need to brag because we know you are an article of no commercial value.
Mistaicey2288:

Unfortunately for you, I'm doing well for myself unlike the idiots like yourself. So Sai Barber or nor, I'll keep doing fine. I bet by the time your leaderbis through with you, no one will tell you before you do this same nonsense you typed up there for yourself. At least, the world would bw rid of one idiot...
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Mistaicey2288: 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
Modikko:
Alaye.. please lower your voice ok you don’t need to brag because we know you are an article of no commercial value.

I ain't bragging. Just tryna put you in ya place so you know. Go fix yourself.
Re: Nigeria Heading Into Worst Recession In 30 Years –IMF by Gbemiie: 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Chosen1984:

There is a Target!

Pointless post. Nigeria is feared? Jesus l. Hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Advises Obaseki: 'Return Not To Egypt Where Thee Art Called Obasek' / Akapabio Accused Of Ordering Security To Shoot Voters (graphic Pics) / El-Rufai, APC Stakeholders Wade In As Mass Defections Rock Northern States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.