Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors (2275 Views)

Serving PDP Commissioners Defect To APC In Bayelsa / I Regret Serving Pdp Government That Created Boko Haram B/cs Of Politics.. Maku / Serving PDP Governors Win Senatorial Tickets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by qblaze(m): 10:56pm On Jan 04, 2011
http://www.lagostimes.com/2011/01/04/jonathan-gets-3-billion-naira-from-six-governors/

President Jonathan has received a 3 billion naira donation from the governors of Ebonyi, Katsina, Ogun, Cross River, Benue and Bauchi. The governors, all staunch supporters of the president, donated 500 million apiece. This is a big boost for Jonathan who is currently locked in a tight contest with Atiku Abubakar, a former Vice-President. All six governors are members of the president’s party and have publicly declared their support for his candidature.
Akilu Sani Indabawa, the President’s special adviser acknowledged the donation in a letter dispatched to the governors. The letter reads: “I write on behalf of His Excellency, President Goodluck Ebele
Azikiwe Jonathan GCFR, to acknowledge with thanks the receipt of your mandatory financial contribution of 500 million each to the Jonathan/Sambo Presidential Campaign Organisation.
“His Excellency is very appreciative of your support and I assure you that he will be guided at all times by his unwavering commitment to the common good of our nation and fear of God. Please accept the assurance of Mr. President’s best regard”.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Jan 04, 2011
If the new is true, first question would be where the frell did these governors get that much money from?

Governors of Ebonyi, Katsina, Ogun, Cross River, Benue and Bauchi.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Beaf: 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2011
When did N500,000 x 6 = N300billion? shocked shocked shocked
Abeg, change the title, cos the math doesn't add up. In fact it is gross abuse of arithmetic.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Borat1: 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2011
Title says 300billion, post says something else. duh! sad
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2011
OP

In haste to post a "scoop", you fu. ck up with your arithmetic. You be real olodo rabata!! grin
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2011
Why does it seem no one is alarmed that the report suggests that mere Governors donated 500 million EACH? shocked
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Righton: 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2011
Ok, we change it to 6 PDP Govs donate N500m each to GEJ then Go to capital market to raise N20b bond
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2011
These Governors are in for a tough time if this is true.

Someone should research the laws to see if these Governors are allowed to donate N500million to anybody while they are in office. The electoral act and campaign finance laws will be dusted ASAP.

This donation coming just a few days after the Presidency approved the sharing of ECA horribly looks like kickbacks from our ECA money.

Some people may end up in Prison at this rate. Jonathan should be careful as he is fast becoming a candidate for jail after May 29, 2011.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by trueword: 11:25pm On Jan 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Why does it seem no one is alarmed that the report suggests that mere Governors donated 500 million EACH? shocked

hmm N500 Million = $3.3 Million . Na wa o. Useless governors. Don't these people have any pride in their state or country. This money could have been used to set up some schools, or fix some roads. Geez.

One issue i see is that I don't think that all Nigerian's realize that govt. money is money meant for them and that it is their money; some believe instead that the money is "governments money" and not "the citizens money". If all Nigerians knew this then I think they would demand and agitate for more accountablity and transparency and not stand for all this nonsense. Tomorrow you will hear these same governors complain about lack of funds.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2011
the duplicity of team gej is catching

this is straight out of beafs book, posting misleading topic titles

the gej thug is infecting nairaland with his sleaze sad sad sad sad
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On Jan 04, 2011
[size=13pt]ELECTORAL ACT 2006 [/size]

http://www.dawodu.com/electoralact2006.htm
93. (1)    Election expenses shall not exceed the sum stipulated in subsection (2) – (7) of this section.

(2)   The maximum of election expenses to be incurred by a candidate at a presidential election shall be (N500,000,000)
(3)   The maximum of election expenses to be incurred by a candidate at a Governorship election shall be (N100,000,000)
(4)   The maximum amount of election expenses to be incurred in respect of senatorial seat by a candidate at an election to the National Assembly shall be (N20,000,000). While the seat for House of Representative shall be (N10,000,000) respectively.
(5)   In the case of State Assembly election, the maximum amount of election expenses to incurred shall be (N5,000,000)
(6)   In the case of Chairmanship election, the maximum amount of election expenses to be incurred shall be (N5,000,000)
(7)   In the case of Councillorship election the maximum amount of election expenses to be incurred shall be (N500,000)
(cool   In determining the total expenditure incurred in relation to the candidature of any person at any election no account shall be taken of:-
(a). any deposit made by the candidate on his/her nomination in compliance with the law
(b)  any expenditure incurred before the notification of the date fixed for the election with      respect to services rendered or material supplied before such notification.
Political party expenses in respect of the candidate standing for a particular election.

(9)   No individual or other entity shall donate more than (N1, 000,000) to any candidate.

(10) A candidate who knowingly acts in contravention of this section commits an offence and on conviction is liable –

(a) in case of presidential election to a maximum fine of N1,000,000.00 or imprisonment of 12 months or both
(b) in the case of a governorship election to a fine of N800,000.00 or imprisonment for 9 months or both;
(c) in case of senatorial seat in the National Assembly election to a fine of N600,000.00 or imprisonment for 6 months or both;
(d) in the case of House of Representatives seat in the National Assembly election to a fine of N500,000.00 or imprisonment for 5 months or both;
(e) in the case of a State House of Assembly election to a fine of N300,000.00 or 3 months imprisonment or both;
(f) in the case of Chairmanship election to a fine of N300,000.00 or 3 months imprisonment or both; and
(g) in the case of Councillorship election to a fine of N100,000.00 or 1 month imprisonment or both.

(11) Any individual who knowingly acts in contravention of subsection (9) shall on conviction be liable to a maximum fine of N500,000.00 or 9 months imprisonment or both.

(12) Any Accountant who falsifies or conspires or aids a candidate to forge or falsify a document relating to his expenditure at an election or receipt or donation for the election or in any way aids and abets the breach of the provision of this section of this Act commits an offence and on conviction is liable to 10 years imprisonment.

Again, I ask, is this news true?
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^

Hence these Governors will be openly breaking the law if this news is true.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by aljharem11(m): 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2011
and that is our president collecting money from corrupt governors that have stolen the money from there people cry

well cry cry cry cry crysmh
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Blazay(m): 11:54pm On Jan 04, 2011
Wait till you hear how much he collected from Uduaghan to have him re-installed this month after the 'kangaroo court' trial.
All to avoid becoming Ibori's cell mate in Brixton this year huh?
Where is Cecilia Ibru by the way? cheesy

Mu he he he he he

Up South-South!

Areaaaaa!!!
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2011
Jonathan Goodluck is coming down.

Saharareporters has evidence of correspondence between Jonathan/Sambo team and the Governors.

This is the last straw that will break the horses back.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-%E2%80%9Cextorts%E2%80%9D-nigerian-states-n500-million-each-fuel-presidential-campaign

Time to impeach and prosecute this President for breaking the law.
He has also previously in the past lied on his asset declaration form to Coperate Affairs Commission.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2011
This money is definitely a kickback from the ECA money Presidency shared to the Governors on the 31st of December.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 05, 2011
the same way ibori funded yardua's campaign . cry cry embarassed

pdp magic angry
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Abagworo(m): 12:07am On Jan 05, 2011
Are we sure Sahara reporters is not owned by Atiku?They seem to be digging for every of GEJ's faults and it is getting too bias for my liking even though I do not support GEJ at the moment.

What is paining me most is Jonathan's refusal or inability to initiate the process of true federalism.IBB is the only other candidate that could have done that.Buhari who appears to be the eventual winner has my support because he will deal with these corrupt PDP mofos.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 05, 2011
Abagworo:

Are we sure Sahara reporters is not owned by Atiku?They seem to be digging for every of GEJ's faults and it is getting too bias for my liking even though I do not support GEJ at the moment.

What is paining me most is Jonathan's refusal or inability to initiate the process of true federalism.IBB is the only other candidate that could have done that.Buhari who appears to be the eventual winner has my support because he will deal with these corrupt PDP mofos.

Who owned Sahara when they were digging deep on correspondence from Yar'adua handlers to embassies around the world requesting that Ribadu or El-Rufai be denied passport renewal?

Who owned Sahara when they were giving us stage by stage accounts of Yar'adua's foreign medical trips?

Get used to it, Saharareporters takes on anyone in the hot seat.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Akainzo(m): 12:19am On Jan 05, 2011
Abagworo:

Why were you not wondering who owned Sahara Reporters during the Yar'adua brouhaha? Abeg, go siddon and be wondering why GEJ is ruining the country steadily.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by lyfe(m): 12:31am On Jan 05, 2011
All that law and sub section wey u state no dey catch dem PDP. Let other small party try it and see what happens.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by dayokanu(m): 12:45am On Jan 05, 2011
@OP,

I doubt if bauchi governor is PDP.

You may want to check the source of that story

qblaze:

http://www.lagostimes.com/2011/01/04/jonathan-gets-3-billion-naira-from-six-governors/

President Jonathan has received a 3 billion naira donation from the governors of Ebonyi, Katsina, Ogun, Cross River, Benue and Bauchi. The governors, all staunch supporters of the president, donated 500 million apiece. This is a big boost for Jonathan who is currently locked in a tight contest with Atiku Abubakar, a former Vice-President. All six governors are members of the president’s party and have publicly declared their support for his candidature.
Akilu Sani Indabawa, the President’s special adviser acknowledged the donation in a letter dispatched to the governors. The letter reads: “I write on behalf of His Excellency, President Goodluck Ebele
Azikiwe Jonathan GCFR, to acknowledge with thanks the receipt of your mandatory financial contribution of 500 million each to the Jonathan/Sambo Presidential Campaign Organisation.
“His Excellency is very appreciative of your support and I assure you that he will be guided at all times by his unwavering commitment to the common good of our nation and fear of God. Please accept the assurance of Mr. President’s best regard”.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 05, 2011
dayokanu:

@OP,

I doubt if bauchi governor is PDP.

You may want to check the source of that story

isa yuguda is a pdp man
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by dayokanu(m): 12:52am On Jan 05, 2011
Oh I knew he was elected as an ANPP governor, I didnt know he defected back to PDP.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Righton: 12:55am On Jan 05, 2011
dayokanu:

Oh I knew he was elected as an ANPP governor, I didnt know he defected back to PDP.

How could he be in ANPP when his wife is Yaradua's daughter? Yuguda left PDP to contest under ANPP when he was locked out of the race by the PDP establishment. After winning under PDP, he went back to PDP. When his Deputy refused to go back to PDP, he tried to get the man impeached. It was messy for a while but the Deputy survived
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Righton: 12:56am On Jan 05, 2011
Anybody who loves Nigeria will not desecrate his thumbprint by bringing it near the umbrella of deceit called PDP
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Righton: 1:01am On Jan 05, 2011
Abagworo:

Stop all of that about Sahara Reporters. They provided copies of letters and you are wondering. Why are your colleagues in the Johnathan league not here? They are probably scratching their heads and strategising on how to deal with this calamity while everyone is wondering how to save the nation from these looters

Now you are for IBB. Where were you when he was being hounded here? Did you speak up?
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Abagworo(m): 1:38am On Jan 05, 2011
Akainzo:

Why were you not wondering who owned Sahara Reporters during the Yar'adua brouhaha? Abeg, go siddon and be wondering why GEJ is ruining the country steadily.

I ceased being GEJ's supporter since Oct 2nd after he tried to exonerate MEND from the obvious but I believe Sahara reporters are just biased in their criticism of GEJ.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by dempeople(m): 9:10am On Jan 05, 2011
Election story don start! grin
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2011
Whether we complain on Nairaland or Facebook on from our homes, we will always remain the Majority that could not do anything to change the course of Nigeria's History. We are united in our opinions but not in our actions. we claim to have Faith in Nigeria but our works are empty sad
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 05, 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/furore-over-n3bn-aid-to-jonathan-campaign/

[size=18pt]Furore over N3bn paid to Jonathan campaign[/size]

News Jan 5, 2011 I will give N100 billion if I have – Yuguda
By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor
LAGOS—SOME six Governors belonging to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, were, yesterday, night steeped in the midst of controversy following the allegation that each of them made mandatory donations of N500 million to the Jonathan/Sambo campaign organization.

Official documents obtained by Vanguard, yesterday named the six governors as those of Ebonyi, Katsina, Ogun, Cross River, Benue and Bauchi States. They were reported to have made the N500 million donation to the official campaign organisation of President Goodluck Jonathan.

A letter of acknowledgment of the alleged donation dated December 6, 2010, written to the six governors by the then Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Dr. Akilu Sani Indabawa, made reference to the donation in the letter.

The letter jointly copied to the six Governors read thus:

LETTER OF ACKNOWLEDGMENT

“I write on behalf of His Excellency, President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, GCFR, to acknowledge with thanks the receipt of your mandatory financial contribution of N500 million each to the Jonathan/Sambo Presidential Campaign Organisation.

“2. His Excellency is very appreciative of your support and asks that I assure you that he will be guided at all times by unwavering commitment in the common good of our nation and fear of God.

“3. Please accept the assurances of Mr. President’s best regard. Dr. Akilu Sani Indabawa Special Adviser (Political Matters) to the President.”

The Director of Publicity at the Jonathan Campaign Organisation, Mr. Sully Abu, however, claimed ignorance of the letter, yesterday, while Governors Isa Yuguda and Gbenga Daniel of Bauchi and Ogun States respectively alleged political mischief.

Governor Yuguda who spoke through his Senior Special Assistant on Publicity, Sanusi Muhammed, said he would give as much as N100 billion if possible to the President’s campaign coffers but denied ever giving the reported figure.

Muhammed said: “What they are after is to ridicule the reputation of Mallam Isa Yuguda especially in the eyes of the delegates and it is one of the strategies of the opposition. Yuguda is solidly behind President Goodluck Jonathan and he believes that he is an integral part of the Yar`Adua-Jonathan ticket and we in the North believe that this is the time to reciprocate the past political solidarity of the South_South people.

“There is nothing wrong in contributing anything necessary to help his election and if Governor Yuguda is in a position to spend N100 billion for the election of President Jonathan he would do it, but all he donated was what was announced in Abuja.”

The Ogun State Commissioner for Information, Sina Kawonise, simply dismissed the allegation as “ridiculous, not worthy of a response.”

The Special Adviser to Governor Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State, Alhaji Nasiru Abdul, equally denied any linkage with the reported donation saying, “it is not true.”

Indabawa who recently left his post could not be reached, yesterday, as his two mobile phones were off while a text message sent to President Jonathan’s Special Adviser on Media, Mr. Ima Niboro did not receive a response.
Re: Jonathan Gets 3b From 6 Serving Pdp Governors by rebranded(m): 8:33pm On Jan 05, 2011
Always said it, nothing good can come out of PDP

Its a rotten party and as such breed rotten politicians!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oodua Tv's Live Coverage Of The Nigerian Senate. / Wikileaks Names Ex-first Lady, Others As Oil Thieves / Movie - The Transformation Of Nigerland. Season I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.