Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? (63936 Views)

My Music Career Skyrocketed During The Covid-19 Lockdown Period – Gold Ayeszy / How To Cope With Your Small Salary Paid During COVID-19 Lockdown / How To Maximize This Lockdown Period As A Freelancer Using UPWORK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Sijo01(f): 5:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
eghuan1:

Edi state is not on lock down.

Besides, I even went to delta state this afternoon.

To cross into delta state, you have to be checked and you must provide your basic information before they allow you in

I heard today that Edo is preparing for a total shutdown
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by eghuan1(m): 5:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
Sijo01:

I heard today that Edo is preparing for a total shutdown

Didn't hear that.

What the government said was that you will be arrested if you're in public without facemask.

At least tailors are cashing in on face mask production here.

Locally made face mask with local material is 100 naira compared to clinical face masks that are 500 for one

Well my office gave us facemasks to be wearing in the office, me just pack put for pocket de manage am small small if I gat go outside
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Dollabiz: 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
only government can pay u . private companies staffs will suffer for it
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Opeyemi4real(m): 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Tomilola360:
If you own a business, would you pay workers for work that is not done?

We have to be rational in our thinking.
you wicked soul.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by GENTLETEE(m): 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
It may nit be much of a problem for federal unlike the states
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by geezyk(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2020
jolyment:

It's true,if he's lecturing in Federal University and he didn't enrol on IPPIS .
Hes a non teaching staff in a federal polytechnic. Yabatech to be precise
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by DedeNkem: 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
The useless governor Okezie of Abia still owes many workers 17 months of salaries. Pensioners are totally forgotten. And yet the idiot wants to build an airport!
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Chiemeka1: 8:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
Am a banker
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by labak1997: 8:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

That’s why you have a government, all the payroll taxes and profit taxes, excise taxes, import and export duties, bribes, money from lobbyists government earned from them is for times like this. Look at what the government is doin in other countries.

You guys should stop demonising private firms all the time, without them we won’t be better than Somalia cos our government is useless

Well done! Best answer so far. That’s why you have a government dude!
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by labak1997: 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
Monopoly1:
. That's not true bro. I have a private school and have made provisions for April salaries even before the lockdown. So everyone is not the same

Stop kidding yourself. I hope you will be able to make provision for May, June and July salaries as well if staff still stay at home.

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by jolyment: 8:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
geezyk:
Hes a non teaching staff in a federal polytechnic. Yabatech to be precise

He must have been paid then except if he wasn't paid by IPPIS. It's possible.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Fharsionboss: 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Earn MONEY with this HOT SKILL for FREE!

WAIT, before YOU scroll away...

There is a HIGH probability that YOU WILL get CONFUSED trying to do it on your own.

These are the LATEST, HOT, TRENDING turban styles of the decade.

...and I am going to show YOU the tricks of the trade FOR FREE!!!

This is the BEST deal you will ever get ONLINE, considering the times.

08082054674: Whatsapp
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by rOsy247(f): 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
akanbiaa:
Oil prices have dropped drastically, and not only low price but Nigerian Government are trying hard to even sell at give away price but progress not so encouraging, there is currently embargo on federal government recruitment and it will take a miracle,using our reserve or loan to maintain most federal government workers salary and if the pandemic is not tackled on time, issues of laying of staff, half salary etc might be the norm, only jobs that can be successful executed online and company still make profit will thrive during the lock down.

I'm a civil servant and oil price no oil price my job in intact.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by geezyk(m): 9:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
jolyment:

He must have been paid then except if he wasn't paid by IPPIS. It's possible.
Thanks bro, I just wanna know, cos he's been using that as an excuse not to pay me that federal govt is still owing them March salary, I just need to verify if they've been paid.

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by aindeegeeworks: 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
HOW TO SELL ANYTHING TO ANYONE, FAST(online)...even if you are starting out TODAY!

The SIMPLEST METHOD... REVEALED!!!

This is what the experts use, and will keep using.

Don't YOU want to be an expert too?

If you scroll past this post, YOU will likely LOOSE money trying to do TRIAL and ERROR!

WHY?

°What I am about to show you is a total of 3 years comprehensive research and practice... I will show you in less than 3hours.

°This information will keep you relevant in 2020...and beyond(Never grows old)

°While others are still looking for the way, YOU ARE SMILING TO THE BANK!

°This is the strategy I used to sell my services to 437 people in 2days!

3 months ago, I infused this strategy for one client that was struggling, and BOOM, she got 52 calls in 6 hours!

I have toiled night and day to prove this secret.

You don't have to suffer again.

Your question:

How am I sure that it works in every niche?

My answer...(Right question)

How do I make it work in my niche.

Even Jesus used this method, and it worked EVERYTIME!

This opportunity is open to 40people, who want to infuse 'magic' into their game.

Here is your chance

JOIN NOW by clicking the LINK.

http:///2E1lHtI
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
labak1997:

Well done! Best answer so far. That’s why you have a government dude!
these businesses and workers keep paying taxes so government can provide amenities for people and businesses to thrive. but what do we and business owners get in return, bad roads, insecurity, lack of electricity. businesses provide their own electricity, same with security, roads are terrible accompanied with terrible traffic management particularly at the ports which in turn disrupts their logistic plans. yet he wants the businesses to turn charity organisation after government imposed lock-down.

other than feeding the political class with tax payers money what other thing does our government do?
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by akanbiaa(m): 12:05am On Apr 16, 2020
rOsy247:

I'm a civil servant and oil price no oil price my job in intact.
Yes we pray so, but the indices are not encouraging sha try have side job to sustain self, your job might be intact but continuous salary being intact is what many civil servants fear.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by charlesbkd: 12:09am On Apr 16, 2020
charlesbkd:

Please and please Nairalanders,I need your financial support,things are so hard for me,no amount is too small..all efforts to help myself prove negative.

Access Bank.
Thanks.
I really appreciate this from a Nairalander more blessings I pray

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by PropertyBuying(f): 12:55am On Apr 16, 2020
lytech1:
My boss wont pay.
we are yet to collect march salary talkless of april.

nothing like been your own boss
But that is inhumane
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by drmikeadams(m): 2:36am On Apr 16, 2020
DedeNkem:
The useless governor Okezie of Abia still owes many workers 17 months of salaries. Pensioners are totally forgotten. And yet the idiot he wants to build an airport!
angry grin grin grin

SONOFEL grin grin the abia state governor brother grin grin. Come and defend ur governor brother and debunk this write up grin angry onye mgbu
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by buchisom1(m): 3:05am On Apr 16, 2020
crazycrypto710:

Dude, can you please provide us with evidence of payment?
it been paid on my palpay account no joke
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by crazycrypto710: 7:02am On Apr 16, 2020
buchisom1:
it been paid on my palpay account no joke
Please just show proof
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Tomilola360: 7:52am On Apr 16, 2020
thaEMINENT:
What if the employees work from home??

Definitely. That's why all businesses need to subscribe to that culture of being able to work from home.

But you see some people have this mentality of

-
Oga sell Oga no sell, salary must enter
-
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by SonOfEl(m): 10:03am On Apr 16, 2020
drmikeadams:
angry grin grin grin

SONOFEL grin grin the abia state governor brother grin grin. Come and defend ur governor brother and debunk this write up grin angry onye mgbu

SMH....you guys are irredeemably sadistic.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by djphish(m): 8:14am On Apr 17, 2020
Candoit:

For real? I'm so sorry
What is the company into? Did they scan everybody or a just a few persons
The existing unit in that company is the HR... Every body has been sacked
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by djphish(m): 8:15am On Apr 17, 2020
mayorall:

This is exactly what most American companies are doing.
Funny enough it's a Chinese owned company.. ruthless racist people
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by djphish(m): 8:16am On Apr 17, 2020
philip0906:

Sad!

I can imagine how tough it is for you, you'll be fine
Only God can help us.. it's back to carrying folder walking the streets of Lagos looking for job
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Candoit: 10:22am On Apr 17, 2020
djphish:

The existing unit in that company is the HR... Every body has been sacked

This is quite serious
God will give u something better
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by rOsy247(f): 6:31am On Apr 19, 2020
akanbiaa:
Yes we pray so, but the indices are not encouraging sha try have side job to sustain self, your job might be intact but continuous salary being intact is what many civil servants fear.

This is called unnecessary panic for nothing.

What only you yourself fear rather not 'many'. Unless you came in through the back door else I see no reason you should be afraid. Civil service is not same as private sector. There are rules guiding the service, unless you don't know your right as a civil servant.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by rOsy247(f): 6:32am On Apr 19, 2020
_
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by akanbiaa(m): 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
rOsy247:

This is called unnecessary panic for nothing.

What only you yourself fear rather not 'many'. Unless you came in through the back door else I see no reason you should be afraid. Civil service is not same as private sector. There are rules guiding the service, unless you don't know your right as a civil servant.

Highest thing that will happen which I doubt tho, is reduction in salary, that's only if the worse comes to the worse.
I am not a civil servant just analysing the obvious so many will be prepared and not meet them as a shock, hope for the best while preparing for the worst. It's when there is sufficient internally generated revenue or profit from sale of crude oil that ensures the continuous payment of civil servants. And when there is no money to go round (which we don't pray so) your rights to fight for payment of your salary becomes useless. The only federal parastatals that might likely to survive would be those generating revenue (if the political class don't divert the proceeds to pay for their allowances. )

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear / Nigerian Lady Uses Big Grammar In Application Letter For Sales Girl Job (Pix) / Banks Turning Female Marketers To Sexual Slaves – Senator Ayo Akinyelure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.