Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? (63828 Views)

My Music Career Skyrocketed During The Covid-19 Lockdown Period – Gold Ayeszy / How To Cope With Your Small Salary Paid During COVID-19 Lockdown / How To Maximize This Lockdown Period As A Freelancer Using UPWORK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by rOsy247(f): 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
This is when government work is enjoyable
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by m140(m): 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
Imustsurvive:
this is where government should comes in but unfortunately, we don't have a reasonable one
To come in to do what exactly, company paying the govt , should fine money pay workers without making money or worker for doing nothing... ����
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Alexis105: 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Tomilola360:
If you own a business, would you pay workers for work that is not done?

We have to be rational in our thinking.

You can not generalise the situation. Let me give example, there are big private schools that pay during holidays. Now this lockdown happens end of March which some paid for. Normally this April ought to be their holiday even of there was not lockdown which they would have pay for. Will they now use the opportunity not to pay? I for one think if I those schools don't want to pay shld be after April to see the situation. The question is of schools shld resume May, whereas April salary was not paid, will the schools not collect full school fees? Will they pay the workers arrears of April salary bcus most schs will want u to finish the scheme of work.

3 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by rayobaba(m): 1:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Queenmark:
Some have not paid march salary sef
d boss wl just pay march at April ending. So equation balanced. Boss continue wt May ..... majorly, any employee dt never collect march salary shd kiss April goodbye cos not collecting march salary by now get as he be

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
m140:

To come in to do what exactly, company paying the govt , should fine money pay workers without making money or worker for doing nothing... ����

example below

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by shege45: 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
hamid6249:
What stupid rationale?this shows how wicked you are in real life ,so thier familiesshould be eating sand during the lock down and you expect them to come back licking your ass when the lockdown is over ,I'm sorry you are nothing less than those Lebanese that uses our brothers like slaves.what happens to advance salary,soft loans ,reduction in salary to accommodate partial loss of revenue , small stipend to at lease get food for their families ..oga you are a wicked or intending wicked boss
There is nothing like being wicked here. It’s the bitter truth, I used to reason like you when i used to work for my old boss in Nigeria. That man would tel you he won’t pay you if you don’t show up for work even when sick,we would argue with him until he finally pays , but in canada here, i totally understood an example that man gives us. If you call in sick to work here, you would not get paid. No show, no pay. Don’t bring in families here, its the harsh reality of life

2 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Nma3595: 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
my own office has made it clear to everyone that they will pay only two weeks basic salary this month. kiss kiss kiss kiss cry cry
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by azetopworld(m): 1:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
My organization will definitely pay. Our offices has been lock down since March 27th and just last week they sent internal memo assuring staffs that salary will be paid as at when due.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Beedude(m): 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
Igbaguru:
All commercial banks have been paying salary. I know someone working with Polaris bank and he confirmed it that his Salary for the month of April has been paid. Polaris bank pays salary every 12th of every month.
Not all coy have the financial backup of banks. And banks still make money thru mobile transfer, pos services ,atm services and others. Though they are still affected. But think of a man selling electronics at oshodi or someone who is a food vendor with workers. For some employers, sales for 1 week goes to salary expenses, week 2 goes to stock of item sold, week 3 goes for other running cost, while week 4 could be the profit for the month. Now imagine a business like this. How will the employer cope with 6weeks of lockdown?
Most business owners already have HBP as we speak cos the future isn't bright. These are trying times for everybody. We will all come out stronger.
GOD HELP US ALL

4 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Femeto: 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
Me that have been working from home they said no salary. There is God.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by dapotemi: 1:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
Nma3595:
my own office has made it clear to everyone that they will pay only two weeks basic salary this month. kiss kiss kiss kiss cry cry

You work in a good company. My own already inform us that we are all on SUSPENSION till further notice.
My bro stays with me and you know what his company did, they contributed 1 billion naira to the Covid fund and they told all staff to go home and NOT expect anything this month. That 1 billion will pay all their salaries for 6 month. My wife is a Lagos civil servant, we all waiting for her April alert, hopefully. To run a biz is tough, very very tough but some CEO are very very heartless. Some company can still manage to work out some Palliative for their staff, not necessarily Full salary but they will Never Do It. Here, most Nigerian bosses hardly care. Some private org can afford to pay but will never pay. Some can't afford but will still try and work out palliative. We have a maiguard that just open and close gate for us, a building of 4 flat. Two flat already suggested we cut his salary but I stood my ground. Not because I love d aboki more than others but because I know all of us can still Manage to pay him his Full salary for at least 3 month assuming this lockdown continues. The story might change for him after three month but I would have satisfied my conscience at least. Let's the strong always assist d weak, let's love lead.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Tomilola360: 2:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
Mopolchi:
I will not pay them salary but will give them a lockdown allowance.

Makes sense
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Tomilola360: 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
m140:

You dey mind them, like workers can pay for things them no use

our ppl dont like to hear the truth.

Check most if them, they wont pay their Bateman or maid or cleaner if they are not paid too
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by m140(m): 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
[quote author=Tomilola360 post=88471461]

our ppl dont like to hear the truth.

Check most if them, they wont pay their Bateman or maid or cleaner if they are not paid too[/quotel]
Nawa sef

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Champneys: 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
Queenmark:
Some have not paid march salary sef

If you know you worked diligently in March and you have not been paid your salary, thunder fire your employers.
If you didn't do anything to deserve a salary, don't complain.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by TokeableGod(m): 2:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
[quote author=fireback post=88467460][/quote]

Thanks for the enlighten
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Dakad: 2:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
This isn't a matter of good or bad boss, it's a matter if income. I run an educational consulting outfit and for 3months now, our income can't even run the petty cash of the office and I have managed to pay up to last month. The truth is that I will not be able to pay from this month onward unless situation changes. And

In an idea situation small and medium scale organization by now have access to low interest rate loan with a long repayment plans to enable us continue to run the business and pay salary.

alexsoftwork:
Is only govt worker that i feel will be lucky in this lockdown period. But u see private organizations, if u have good boss he/she can reason u.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Efeeloi: 2:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
Most companies won't meet up with payment of salaries, I've not been paid for March, my side hustle has been keeping me and the family going. If you don't have a plan B, get one.

3 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
Starz825:

You are right..
Imagine one sch director for ma area... immediately the lockdown started around that 20th March...he called all his staffs and paid them half salary...u can imagine 20th oo..
Na that kind director wan pay salary for April
...omo this country tire me

Hey, Jesus Christ!
Now you gonna see them using this as a gimmick to scheme their employees.
Every term is 4months, and teachers should be paid 12calender months. So, I'm of the opinion that April salary is also included for last term. Yeah, for those that pay 12calender months.
I won't be bothered if school didn't résumé at all and the teachers are expecting to get paid. Wrong.
Even if school opens in May, Parents are still going to pay full school fees because, school curriculum must be covered. Let's be realistic here.
@ Beedude, be like you're among the school owners or you just want to defend them.
Private school owners have no reason not to pay their staff their meagre stipends, provide they collect fees in full. @ Alexis105 just said it all.

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Benjamin4388(m): 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
Lastanza:

Don't mind him. As if it's easy to run an enterprise. Clubs as big as Barcelona are cutting players wages to as much as 70% and he is here typing balderdash.
A whole Liverpool is enrolling their players to the national scheme and so forth.
I earnestly encourage those that can pay in full or some percent to pay their staff but all in all running a business or private organisation is not easy.

And people have to understand this players are doing it based on goodwill and kindheartednes for the club because they are on contract..if they disagree..there is nothing the club can do than pay.. they are mostly doing in so that club can pay for casual staff who are not on contract..if there is no revenue..how club want to pay players and staffs..this where government need to come in..and what is happening now in Nigeria shows that they don't give a dime about you..I always knew but now I have confirmed it

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Starz825(m): 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
A230385:

Hope say no be Ogun State this school dey?
Na ogun ooo
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by akanbiaa(m): 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
rOsy247:
This is when government work is enjoyable
Oil prices have dropped drastically, and not only low price but Nigerian Government are trying hard to even sell at give away price but progress not so encouraging, there is currently embargo on federal government recruitment and it will take a miracle,using our reserve or loan to maintain most federal government workers salary and if the pandemic is not tackled on time, issues of laying of staff, half salary etc might be the norm, only jobs that can be successful executed online and company still make profit will thrive during the lock down.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by omotowo2: 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
As an accountant of the company where I work,we gonna pay half salary .

Business not booming again though we still manage to do some sales but not like the way it used to be .If we have our way by end of April ,we may even pay the whole April salary.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by omotowo2: 3:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
peace0813:

Salary might be paid in some organization that is if the organization consider the lockdown to be taken as annual leave.

Yes we asked some of our staff to go on compulsory leave in order to help the company.

If I haven't gone for leave this year,I would have sacrifice my annual leave too.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Josephamstrong1(m): 3:43pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ballotelle:
People are just unrealistic... I have a small growing school.. We couldn't vacate before this issue started... After some days of lockdown the head teacher said I should pay salary, I told her to pay half she said if I can't pay full I should forget it say am not being Human that she can't feel happy to pay half salary... After the whole tussle I said its an order go pay half, she said she is not where the money is... Now who is more wicked ? We are good at talking but give those same people castingating the same power and see how they would act... Note... She is the school HM and accountant cause its a small school (am not around there )

You're the one being wicked here!
Was school fees not paid in full?
Pay full March salary, my friend! If you're not paying 12calender months, then...No April, cos that's what your average half baked staff signed.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by sucess001(m): 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
ONNYX:

I hope this is only applies to only large establishments as many of the smaller ones cannot run this efficiently at least in this economy.

Finally, there is a clear cut distinction between theory and reality.

It doesn't look like you have any experience running a shoe string or hamstrung budget micro business.

I am part of a management team that just decided this. It's not everyone you throw words at.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by pasol4real(m): 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
iLegendd:
To those who depend on salary or going out everyday to hustle, God will see you through.

To those who don't have a job, but want a job, God will also see you through.

But, for those of us who don't have a job and don't want a job, it's time for indoor parte after parte.

Only a criminal will not have a job n still not want a job

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
jagaban002:

Big lair sir , when money is not coming in how do you want to pay
You have spoken for yourself.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by pasol4real(m): 4:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
faceland:
Government would but private sectors can not since their was no revenue for a whole month (you no work so why would a business man pay you for nothing?).

This is why I dislike the civil service and union. If not for them, Africa would be great. Even the president don't have to work, he would still get paid.

Anyway, we need the payment before people start rioting on the street (especially in the North).
Oga wetin you smoke
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Beedude(m): 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Josephamstrong1:

You're the one being wicked here!
Was school fees not paid in full?
Pay full March salary, my friend! If you're not paying 12calender months, then...No April, cos that's what your average half baked staff signed.
U mentioned me. Hence the reason for quoting u. I paid my staffs fully for MARCH despite the fact that work ended on 20th. I also have target for the end of MARCH for some parents to balance up (350k) but nothing is forthcoming till date. If parents dont resume back to work how do i recoup my money to pay them for APRIL? What i have on me at the moment cant even pay 3 staffs out of 9 staffs working for me. On a good day some reliable parents pay during holiday but thats not even possible at the moment. If the lockdown continue till MAY,do u still expect me to keep paying? With which money? My plan is to call them for meeting nd we find a way out together.5 of them have been with me for 3yrs. It means i'm not heartless. We all need help atm

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Progresssss: 5:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
: Are you serious, that one can travel between Delta and Edo?
eghuan1:

Edi state is not on lock down.

Besides, I even went to delta state this afternoon.

To cross into delta state, you have to be checked and you must provide your basic information before they allow you in
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by fuwaski(m): 5:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
nams77:

U aint getting me. Do i need to do anything for them, write, or do anything for them to get paid
You all need to write an original article and earn your money per click

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Become A US Soldier As He Completes His Training (Photos) / Obinna Ukwuani Returns To Nigeria After Turning Down Job Offer In USA / Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.