Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? (63971 Views)

My Music Career Skyrocketed During The Covid-19 Lockdown Period – Gold Ayeszy / How To Cope With Your Small Salary Paid During COVID-19 Lockdown / How To Maximize This Lockdown Period As A Freelancer Using UPWORK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Glink2018(m): 10:25am On Apr 15, 2020
Tomilola360:
If you own a business, would you pay workers for work that is not done?

We have to be rational in our thinking.

No be a fight. Nah question we dey ask. Some of them might be married people. You can half their salary or pay them for the work they have not work for...or else dem no go see money to come work

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by AK481(m): 10:27am On Apr 15, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

That’s why you have a government, all the payroll taxes and profit taxes, excise taxes, import and export duties, bribes, money from lobbyists government earned from them is for times like this. Look at what the government is doin in other countries.

You guys should stop demonising private firms all the time, without them we won’t be better than Somalia cos our government is useless

Govt should assist private firm to pay basic salary.

Give them 2 months tax holiday
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by uvie66: 10:33am On Apr 15, 2020
ugwum007:
I have been working from home and it have been stressful. I spent more on keeping my laptop on for 10hrs. I have been receiving my salary in full.
In short, I am about to apply for unconvinces allowance cos working under this heat and aedc light is not worth it.
What do you mean by unconvinces

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by charlesbkd: 10:33am On Apr 15, 2020
fireback:
there's very slim chance of getting salary after the Lockdown, cos both the company and the workers all went for a Lockdown and the company did not make any sales during the period of lockdown. after the lockdown companies will need money continue their business. should they now share the money meant for running business to their workers... my advice is that each company should try give their workers advance salary which will be deducted gradually in the next coming months.

Please and please Nairalanders,I need your financial support,things are so hard for me,no amount is too small..all efforts to help myself prove negative.

Access Bank.
Thanks.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Zieina(f): 10:38am On Apr 15, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
We locked down a week before the government announced its lockdown. We paid all our staff in full for the month of March. We committed to pay them their basic pay for the month of April. If the lockdown exceeds April.... we hope the government will take care of them.

Hahaha..
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Olas16198901: 10:40am On Apr 15, 2020
There were some private organization that would pay, and some who works from home too would be pay.

I don't see why an organization should not pay, on less if the boss is stingy and greedy, wicked. What do you expect your staff to eat during this lockdown, those who save more since last year has spent their money finished, if anyone told me that he has nothing again this period I won't doubt the person.

If a boss can't pay for this month salary then, he should be able to give them loan, or give them what he/she can afford.

Ok let reasons that if you refused to give them money, during this lockdown armed robbers came and cart away with millions of naira, what would you do? Or during this lockdown the company the company got fire. Let's do things that people would praise God from us.

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by nams77: 10:40am On Apr 15, 2020
fuwaski:

They do but the whole system has been spoilt by there proofreaders. The platform has lost traffic.
Will like to know more pls
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by agaba(m): 10:40am On Apr 15, 2020
For me I feel this is where government and established private sector need to start looking in the direction of our pension fund. They can take part of the pension and start using it to pay a percentage of salary pending when this issue is over.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by fuwaski(m): 10:43am On Apr 15, 2020
nams77:

Will like to know more pls
You only need to sign up and link your Opay account with it. If u don't have Opay account, then u won't be paid
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Beedude(m): 10:54am On Apr 15, 2020
Josephamstrong1:

But school fees from students would be paid in full.
School is kinda different to me. Except some wicked directors that would use the covid saga as an alibi for their mischief.
U also forgot some parents haven't fully paid before schools were lockdown last month. Fact is u cant judge a situation u aren't in. Or are u telling me all students in private school paid fully before lockdown? Financial capability of every business will be tested at this time. We have big school with big financial backup, many years in the business, high bankroll etc. We cant compare them to a school that started just few yrs ago and still struggling to survive its teething years before this pandemic distrupt everything. Different strokes for different folks. I just believe employers and employees need to sit and have a solid discussion and understanding. Let every employer be sincere with what he can do and employees reason and understand.

2 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by pooozeee(m): 10:56am On Apr 15, 2020
The employee are not the one who invented Covid-19, any good company should be able to pay salary even if they can't pay all at least the basic should be paid

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 11:05am On Apr 15, 2020
Most private business owners won't pay salary. By most I mean 90% of them. The hardship no be joke this year for Nigerians o
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Ferdinandu(m): 11:05am On Apr 15, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

That’s why you have a government, all the payroll taxes and profit taxes, excise taxes, import and export duties, bribes, money from lobbyists government earned from them is for times like this. Look at what the government is doin in other countries.

You guys should stop demonising private firms all the time, without them we won’t be better than Somalia cos our government is useless
Most of them don't know what it takes to build a business they only talk of salary even if the business is on the brink of bankruptcy, they will always find another job maybe in six months or a year time but they don't know that some business owners may not be able to build up such business for life again if it goes bankrupt and as a life time entrepreneur going to look for a paid employment may never be in your option

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Beedude(m): 11:07am On Apr 15, 2020
stagger:
If a company like Tesla can cut salaries by as much as 30% and airlines can put their staff on unpaid leave, you should know the answer to this question.
So many workers in NIGERIA only care about their salary. They dont care if the company fold up or go bankrupt. They believe its not their business. Staffs will always calculate ur income but wont deduct ur cost of running the business. This is the period where enterprenuers sitdown and analyse how to make the business survive after the lockdown.
Various comments here sound funny. A lady advice others to resign after this month if a coy didnt pay. Will she employ them ? If JUVE and BARCA players could take paycut or salary postponement, if coy in countries like USA, UK, SPAIN can terminate workers appointment cos of salary. I wonder how they expect a small business owner to get cash to pay when business is lockdown

2 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by AgentGoat: 11:09am On Apr 15, 2020
malele:

Financial production firm

What?
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by jolyment: 11:09am On Apr 15, 2020
geezyk:
Please I need someone to help me out, a lecturer is owing me, and he kept saying the federal govt hasn't paid them the salary for March.

Please I want to know if it's TRUE, cos man broke like mad like dis.

It's true,if he's lecturing in Federal University and he didn't enrol on IPPIS .

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Joshforeal: 11:19am On Apr 15, 2020
hamid6249:
What stupid rationale?this shows how wicked you are in real life ,so thier familiesshould be eating sand during the lock down and you expect them to come back licking your ass when the lockdown is over ,I'm sorry you are nothing less than those Lebanese that uses our brothers like slaves.what happens to advance salary,soft loans ,reduction in salary to accommodate partial loss of revenue , small stipend to at lease get food for their families ..oga you are a wicked or intending wicked boss
Good you know Lebanese use our brothers as slaves. How about our brothers that emboldened them to do so?
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 15, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
Deltans are on lockdown unlike people from Edo that just return from Italy that are looking for people to infect with coro coro cheesy grin

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
Sapele go tell you how e be
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by ebopee: 11:22am On Apr 15, 2020
Most private sectors will not pay but it's not totally their fault.

Then those ones that like to owe will still not pay
Even if you give them all the billions that were donated by Nigerians, they will still not pay.
Foolish people.

I need help please.
0028852978 Diamond
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by davillian(m): 11:23am On Apr 15, 2020
hamid6249:
What stupid rationale?this shows how wicked you are in real life ,so thier familiesshould be eating sand during the lock down and you expect them to come back licking your ass when the lockdown is over ,I'm sorry you are nothing less than those Lebanese that uses our brothers like slaves.what happens to advance salary,soft loans ,reduction in salary to accommodate partial loss of revenue , small stipend to at lease get food for their families ..oga you are a wicked or intending wicked boss
Leave am
This one would die working for people
He can never be a boss....

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by davillian(m): 11:25am On Apr 15, 2020
I know must private company won't want to pay salaries..
But it would be fair if they give them advances or loan without interest
Its not easy for anyone right now....
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Candoit: 11:32am On Apr 15, 2020
djphish:
The company I work in has already sent us termination of employment letter(mail). They said it's due to the virus. I don't even know what to do. The huge unemployment waiting to hit us after this virus carry belle. God help us.

For real? I'm so sorry
What is the company into? Did they scan everybody or a just a few persons
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Candoit: 11:33am On Apr 15, 2020
captainamiedi1:
mine must be paid because i have been working from home since November. lockdown or no lockdown alert must come. Even the lockdown be like normal life to me. Stay at home and safe life

Abeg which job is that?
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by captainamiedi1: 11:39am On Apr 15, 2020
Candoit:

Abeg which job is that?

Software development

2 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Mopolchi: 11:45am On Apr 15, 2020
I will not pay them salary but will give them a lockdown allowance.
Tomilola360:
If you own a business, would you pay workers for work that is not done?

We have to be rational in our thinking.

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Budmemba: 11:54am On Apr 15, 2020
I want to believe telecoms are doing very well even during this lockdown....except they want to be greedy....telecoms in all honesty should pay their staffs
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by AreaFada2: 11:54am On Apr 15, 2020
Well, this is something govts in most countries have clearly defined. What help private companies can get to keep paying most of the salary or the help/welfare benefits citizens will get if companies or employers must lay off staff during this crisis. Sure a small minority of employees fall through the qualification cracks short term, but that will be sorted.

The need for a better welfare planning is now urgent. A high number of Nigerians are on the bread line even in normal times. Just two weeks of lockdown has now shown just how serious food security problem is.

A serious locust infestation or famine across 9ja one day would create a similar problem. You can import food but farmers may not have money to buy. The scenario of Ethiopia in the 1980s is not impossible.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by malele(m): 11:57am On Apr 15, 2020
AgentGoat:

What?

Sorry no details again.
Don’t want we’re I work to be locked up biko

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by mikaael(m): 11:58am On Apr 15, 2020
eghuan1:

Edi state is not on lock down.

Besides, I even went to delta state this afternoon.

To cross into delta state, you have to be checked and you must provide your basic information before they allow you in

Really??
And I dey Benin and i wan travel go osogbo go meet my wife
I tot there was no entry/exit in Edo state o
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Amanda4life: 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
AgentGoat:
In one man business no salary.

You never see anything.

Its only government that will pay
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by mikaael(m): 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
peace0813:

Salary might be paid in some organization that is if the organization consider the lockdown to be taken as annual leave.

Nice point
Exactly what my firm did
Placed most of us on annual leave tho without allowance but salaries will be paid

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

The Diary of a Cheap labourer (Daily Bread) / How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals / Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.