Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,344 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? (63915 Views)

My Music Career Skyrocketed During The Covid-19 Lockdown Period – Gold Ayeszy / How To Cope With Your Small Salary Paid During COVID-19 Lockdown / How To Maximize This Lockdown Period As A Freelancer Using UPWORK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by sucess001(m): 12:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Depends on your management.

A well run organisation can still pay and absorb a months salary despite no revenue.

After a month, they may start slashing or laying off.

I see a lot of people commenting that companies can't pay...but the company should be paying salaries from immediate income. Shows poor cash flow planning
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by sucess001(m): 12:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
ThisisIkemefuna:
Most private business owners won't pay salary. By most I mean 90% of them. The hardship no be joke this year for Nigerians o

Not true.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
hamid6249:
What stupid rationale?this shows how wicked you are in real life ,so thier familiesshould be eating sand during the lock down and you expect them to come back licking your ass when the lockdown is over ,I'm sorry you are nothing less than those Lebanese that uses our brothers like slaves.what happens to advance salary,soft loans ,reduction in salary to accommodate partial loss of revenue , small stipend to at lease get food for their families ..oga you are a wicked or intending wicked boss
Okay, I have always talked about my boss here on Nairaland on how he is so kind, friendly, we get huge free lunch, gave some of us brand new latest iPhones, almost took us to Dubai lol, we work from 11am to 5pm and just Mon-Friday...though not a Nigerian but a Spanish man. He has been so worried about we his staff as he left Nigeria late last year and has decided to pay our salaries in advance (2months) as he understands how things are in Nigeria and I just hope things will get better because no one knows how long this could go. We have some bosses who truly have the fear of God in them. It’s so difficult leaving this kind of job for another and this could be a challenge in disguise as we all need to move forward but I really really do appreciate God for this job as it took me years before I finally got this job last year.

2 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by nams77: 12:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
fuwaski:

You only need to sign up and link your Opay account with it. If u don't have Opay account, then u won't be paid
One last question, what do i need to do
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by luluman: 12:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
That depends on where you work.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by eghuan1(m): 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
mikaael:

Really??
And I dey Benin and i wan travel go osogbo go meet my wife
I tot there was no entry/exit in Edo state o

You can move in and out of Edo state with nobody disturbing you. What I don't know is if you will be allowed yo enter Ondo state through to Oshogbo town
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by fireback: 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
[quote author=TokeableGod post=88459492]What about security personel hope they are going get there salary as long as they go to work everyday right??[/qoute]
if you are going to work everyday during this lockdown, you should must get your salary complete. security personnel has nothing to do with company's sales. if they don't want you to secure the company for them, they can as well tell to go home and join the Lockdown. as long as you do your job whether lockdown all not you must collect your salary in full... the advance salary is for those on lockdown.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by olaiyaO: 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
hamid6249:
What stupid rationale?this shows how wicked you are in real life ,so thier familiesshould be eating sand during the lock down and you expect them to come back licking your ass when the lockdown is over ,I'm sorry you are nothing less than those Lebanese that uses our brothers like slaves.what happens to advance salary,soft loans ,reduction in salary to accommodate partial loss of revenue , small stipend to at lease get food for their families ..oga you are a wicked or intending wicked boss
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by mikaael(m): 12:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
eghuan1:

You can move in and out of Edo state with nobody disturbing you. What I don't know is if you will be allowed yo enter Ondo state through to Oshogbo town

Okay
Thanks
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by A230385(m): 12:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
Starz825:

You are right..
Imagine one sch director for ma area... immediately the lockdown started around that 20th March...he called all his staffs and paid them half salary...u can imagine 20th oo..
Na that kind director wan pay salary for April
...omo this country tire me

Hope say no be Ogun State this school dey?

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by weareok(m): 12:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
things have been really hard lately..I really need financial assistance
Zenith Bank
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by mechanics(m): 12:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
FG and state government will pay, not sure of the private sector.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
It depends on where you work. For me, I am working with MTN hence we are working 24/7 to ensure network stability as traffic increases daily because of people like you.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by ONNYX: 12:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
sucess001:
Depends on your management.

A well run organisation [/b]can still pay and absorb a months salary despite no revenue.

After a month, they may start slashing or laying off.

I see a lot of people commenting that companies can't pay...[b]but the company should be paying salaries from immediate income. Shows poor cash flow planning

I hope this is only applies to only large establishments as many of the smaller ones cannot run this efficiently at least in this economy.

Finally, there is a clear cut distinction between theory and reality.

It doesn't look like you have any experience running a shoe string or hamstrung budget micro business.

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
Someone like me won't be paid because even normal holidays, we don't get paid. God has been my helper.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Beedude(m): 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
ONNYX:

I hope this is only applies to only large establishments as many of the smaller ones cannot run this efficiently at least in this economy.

Finally, there is a clear cut distinction between theory and reality.

It doesn't look like you have any experience running a shoe string or hamstrung budget micro business.

People that cant run a small grocery shop successfully will be bringing theories from books written by a white man without considering the environment such business operates. Now i see why the rate of unemployment is high in this country. An average graduate just wanna be employed and collect paycheck at the end of the month. Such mentality will further increase the rate of unemployment after this pandemic

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by jagaban002(m): 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
MuhMubRaj:

Yes Insha Allah
Big lair sir , when money is not coming in how do you want to pay
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by fuwaski(m): 12:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
nams77:

One last question, what do i need to do
Register Opay and register with Opera.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Adufeamos: 12:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
Infact my company said No work No pay.....Govt workers pls hep Ur neighborhood. Private company na scam for naija here....hmm
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by jagaban002(m): 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
hamid6249:
You taking it personal not every private sector boss even have the power to pay it he want to , there are some coming that runs on daily and weekly income and since there’s lockdown where will that kind of private company pay is or her worker e.g private primary and sec schools , guest house workers , ok food factory workers and so many companies it’s not their fault hand the man is not wicked just state is own option . U have 2 sales shops and since lock down that happen for a month they don’t come and u don’t make single sales are u going to pay don’t be sentimental . Every body is using what they have to survive this period only God will help us all

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by ONNYX: 12:47pm On Apr 15, 2020
Beedude:

People that cant run a small grocery shop successfully will be bringing theories from books written by a white man without considering the environment such business operates. Now i see why the rate of unemployment is high in this country. An average graduate just wanna be employed and collect paycheck at the end of the month. Such mentality will further increase the rate of unemployment after this pandemic

I don't understand why we are so enamoured by the deadbeat concept; 'graduate'. If you are running any business in Nigeria and have had need to interview for vacant roles you will come to real terms with the emptiness of that word as given expression by the majority of contemporary school leavers. It is a very sad situation but it is not discussed because of the sensitivity of the subject matter.

The school system is just producing husks for us at least in the majority of cases.

Somebody will be telling you that salaries should not be paid from immediate income which in real terms is not practicable for a small business that is perhaps new underfunded, underpatronized and run by inexperienced though passionate minds.

An interaction with those Alhajas selling lace and Guinea brocade in Tinubu square will unveil the mockery of an educational system and its products.

Experience will yet come to our aid in everything.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by nams77: 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2020
fuwaski:

Register Opay and register with Opera.
U aint getting me. Do i need to do anything for them, write, or do anything for them to get paid
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Beedude(m): 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
ONNYX:

I don't understand why we are so enamoured by the deadbeat concept; 'graduate'. If you are running any business in Nigeria and have had need to interview for vacant roles you will come to real terms with the emptiness of that word as given expression by the majority of contemporary school leavers. It is a very sad situation but it is not discussed because of the sensitivity of the subject matter.

The school system is just producing husks for us at least in the majority of cases.

Somebody will be telling you that salaries should not be paid from immediate income which in real terms is not practicable for a small business that is perhaps new underfunded, underpatronized and run by inexperienced though passionate minds.

An interaction with those Alhajas selling lace and Guinea brocade in Tinubu square will unveil the mockery of an educational system and its products.

Experience will yet come to our aid in everything.
LOLZ
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
Queenmark:
Some have not paid march salary sef
Henhen you mean it. That one is a modern day slavery.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by alexsoftwork(m): 12:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
[b][/b]
Tomilola360:
If you own a business, would you pay workers for work that is not done?

We have to be rational in our thinking.

Even if I can't pay, I will still give them something. The lockdown is not anybody's fault.

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by yomi007k(m): 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
cbngov01:

My wife is into Salon biz. she paid hee 2staff in March despite the lock down in Lagos which was since mid march. Ive also told her to pay dem in April as well despite not working. There are some sacrifices to bear for continuity.

How do the staff feed if they are not paid? Some companies will contribute to COVID fund and then go and lay off staff.

God will see us through...
Baba you guys did this because you can afford to do so. If your savings are minimal , i am sure you would have a re-think.

2 Likes

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by piero2u(m): 1:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
It depends on the terms of your contract, appointment, how long the lockdown would last and the size of your organisation.
I reckon that everyone should be paid for the month but if the lockdown lasts longer, serious discussion have to take place between employees, employers and the government.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by m140(m): 1:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
Tomilola360:
If you own a business, would you pay workers for work that is not done?

We have to be rational in our thinking.
You dey mind them, like workers can pay for things them no use

1 Like

Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by m140(m): 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
hamid6249:
Nawa ooo, so comapany should pay money them.no make , you are the one being inconsiderate,
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by m140(m): 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
MrHighSea:

Dude, why rain so much foul words on him?
Doesn't make you a better person. Easy bro.

If d company is bankrupt, what do you think will happen to worker's families? They will live.

But why is ur mind so much on money u didn't work for? We r talking of company, not government. They r affected too by government's decisions. Even 9ja stinks of recession.

If u own an average company (maybe medium scale), which of those ur interventions will u implement?

Ain't an easy pill to swallow.

You dey mind them, am sure they wont pay their own person cook, driver, eve gateman this times
.company ain't making money , and you no work you dey ask of money.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by Igbaguru: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
All commercial banks have been paying salary. I know someone working with Polaris bank and he confirmed it that his Salary for the month of April has been paid. Polaris bank pays salary every 12th of every month.
Re: Will Salary Be Paid During This Lockdown Period? by m140(m): 1:11pm On Apr 15, 2020
xtremerules:
Guy, face reality. If you be Oga, your business close for 1 month. No kobo enter, you go pay salary or na you invent covid19?
You dey mind them, selfish people

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Become A US Soldier As He Completes His Training (Photos) / Top 3 Nigerian Banks Where Staff Do Not Work In Fear / Nigerian Lady Uses Big Grammar In Application Letter For Sales Girl Job (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.