Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? (7275 Views)

Mass And Massive Resignation Of Appointment Hits Intercontinental Bank / Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again / Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by apoti(m): 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2011
rasputinn:

Abeggi make I hear word
Which GTB angry,the same GTB that on a daily basis,customers queues start from their first floors,down to the ground floors and always extends outside into the street,thereby causing traffic jams

grin grin grin LWKMD,
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by dejacrue: 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2011
folks, no bank is the best. every one has carved a niche for themselves and in other areas, they are found wanting. Some are no longer living to their names. For example, GTB who was once known for customer service now has a zero rating on that term. You can confirm this by going to any of their branches. They 've not been able to manage the large no. of accounts in their database due to the aftermath of August 2009 banking sunami. Intercontinental bank has long queues on her ATMs because her ATMs are among the most functional ones hence customers prefer using them to others. Others have improved say like FBN. Moreover some branches of a bank are more busier than other branches of the same bank. If you really want to rate a bank, visit any of their branches over a period of time. Forget about any past glory.

Finecat or Finedog or what do you call yourself? Why is that your posts only talks about Intercontinental bank? i hope you don't belong to the class of people that were chucked out in the past due to wrong/bad/fraudulent practice & now you use NL to show your annoyance. i think you should move on & get something better doing.

Regards.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by fexlist(m): 7:14pm On Jan 05, 2011
Nothing wrong with them it just d normal thing that usually happen in bank industry. Is either you are sack or u retired. HAPPY CUSTOMER! HAPPY BANK!
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by ImFavoured(f): 8:10pm On Jan 05, 2011
realy, to face d truth, no bank can serve u 2d best. For instance, i was at uba sumtimes ago and i one of d WOMEN(cashier) at d counter was askin me if i got a pen! shocked
Anada shhhit happened at phb 3wks ago. I tried withrawing sum cash n d atm ddnt undecideddispense. I went to d bank to complain, dey gave me five working days, b4 i knew it, its 3wks alredi. I had to go to d bank again to complain, and there we go again!!! Rally sucks!
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Tolulop001(f): 10:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
dejacrue:

folks, no bank is the best. every one has carved a niche for themselves and in other areas, they are found wanting. Some are no longer living to their names. For example, GTB who was once known for customer service now has a zero rating on that term. You can confirm this by going to any of their branches. They 've not been able to manage the large no. of accounts in their database due to the aftermath of August 2009 banking sunami. Intercontinental bank has long queues on her ATMs because her ATMs are among the most functional ones hence customers prefer using them to others. Others have improved say like FBN. Moreover some branches of a bank are more busier than other branches of the same bank. If you really want to rate a bank, visit any of their branches over a period of time. Forget about any past glory.

Finecat or Finedog or what do you call yourself? Why is that your posts only talks about Intercontinental bank? i hope you don't belong to the class of people that were chucked out in the past due to wrong/bad/fraudulent practice & now you use NL to show your annoyance. i think you should move on & get something better doing.

Regards.

this is the best post ever (tho we are all off topic cheesy)
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by otokx(m): 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2011
intercontinental bank is ok
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by kafanchan: 11:25pm On Jan 05, 2011
Despite the fact that I dont like the MDs that Sanusi put in those banks, I still think what happened to Intercontinental bank (THE SACKING ) is not unusual. It is a normal practice in Nigerian banking sector, especially the so callled new generation ones. So the poster should go and sit down, if he is sitting down already , then let him go and sleep.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by kafanchan: 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2011
Sorry to digress a little, I discovered something about GTB, they have really experienced great influx of customers as a result of the panic created in the banking industry in 2009, but I dont think they have employed more staff (or let me say proportionate increase in staff) to really cope with the increase. I dont think that is right.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 05, 2011
@ zuker, et al
the major banks i did off-the-counter transactions with last year are BankPHB, UBA, GTB, First Bank, Oceanic and Intercontinental.
Oceanic is nothing to write home about.
Next-in-line is FBN.
Intercontinental was just a leech.
PHB's in-bank services are too rigid.
UBA is okay but they are miles behind GTB
BTW, this is not about a branch. I'm talking branches spread across three states (Rivers, Delta and FCT).
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by moremi2008(m): 11:55pm On Jan 05, 2011
ok
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Holesher(m): 12:12am On Jan 06, 2011
All these banks are very good including Intercontinental, but it is a phenomenon problem Human Capital Development, is it a big thing for GTB to have a customer base of about 1.5million and can not control the crowd in their branches. It can be compared  with their counterpart in the US like CitiGroup with over 25million customers across the globe and you can not see a single queue in the banking hall, Some ATMs collect deposit while some payout and the bankers are left to do their core banking work not collecting and paying cash that even my sister in primary 4 can do.  

These Nigerian Banks should hire 'Foreign Coach' so that they can think and bring sanity to the whole thing. Innovations, change of techniques, tactical and strategic approach to some real problem will be employ not problem of long queue in the banking hall.

Let us look at organizations like Unilever, Nestle, Procter and Gamble, Guinness, NBPlc, even Standard Chartered Bank in our shores, is it that they do not have problems? Why are we not hearing that they are firing 500? It is clear that their technical know-how and their approach to change in complex business situations is at its peak. Sanusi or whoever the governor should just send the MDs and the EDs of these banks to training in overseas instead of sacking them, non of our universities can not help the situation because they are producing 'bunch of useless graduates year in year out' (am sorry for this)
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by fafie02: 2:22am On Jan 06, 2011
zuker:

try FirstBank, i ve tried GTBank and i believe FBN transformation is fantastic and highly customer centric
smiley cool

There is probably nothing wrong with Inter-B; could be an improvement drive encapsulating mixed feelings. All banks have their idiosyncrasies; I bank with GTB and FBN, However, GTB seems to have lost its feet as its service strategy and design was quite short sighted, hence the difficulty in coping with customer volumes;It is possible they recover. Hard earned funds appear ever safer @ FBN; its unparalleled global acceptance/referral, recently improved banking channels and service delivery drive is highly commendable and makes me more comfortable with the all generational bank.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by tonardo(m): 6:17am On Jan 06, 2011
where source? uglycat u just dey post anything wea come you head.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by tonardo(m): 6:22am On Jan 06, 2011
thank you,
in NL people post fake thread;
the uglycat dat claim finecat post rumour thread,
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by tonardo(m): 6:28am On Jan 06, 2011
kafanchan:

Despite the fact that I dont like the MDs that Sanusi put in those banks, I still think what happened to Intercontinental bank (THE SACKING ) is not unusual. It is a normal practice in Nigerian banking sector, especially the so callled new generation ones. So the poster should go and sit down, if he is sitting down already , then let him go and sleep.

nay true they resuffled their staff it's normal'
those staff that are learning fast wit d new system of d bk.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by nuges2010: 7:29am On Jan 06, 2011
Na wah oooh. May God save this country from depression and the likes.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by odedele: 8:12am On Jan 06, 2011
GT my foot!! some of d so called rescue banks r perfoming beta now interms of C. SEVICE.Sanusi is only bent on killin some banks 2 suit his FIRSTBANK
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Darayola(m): 8:44am On Jan 06, 2011
The one and only bank i could recommend for anyone is the everly committed bank with standard, FIRST BANK,
If first bank should liquidate today, I tell u, other banks have liquidated.
with First bank, I'm safe

Truly the first
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by CHARLOE(m): 10:01am On Jan 06, 2011
10cirenoh:

Diamond bank remains one of the best banks out there.
I strongly disagree with d above. I've an account with diamond bank (should be dormant by now though) and i've got ugly stories/experiences of how diamond bank steals from their customers account. Sometime in 2009 i discovered they've been withdrawing 3k every month for 5 months (that's 15k) from my account. When i complained they claimed txts were sent (i never got any) informing customers operating that type of account of d new cot (as against d normal N5/N1k charge) and adviced me to migrate to another account with N5/N1k cot. I did, only to get a txt on d 30th dec 2009 that starting 31st dec 2009 (less than 24hrs), N10k will be charged as cot on dis my new account (DBXA i think)! I quickly rushed down to d bank to complain and was again adviced to migrate to yet other accounts with varying fixed cot, least of which is N1,500! See me see wahala! how much i get for account, i immediately emptied my account and left 4 good.
Now pls note, i was informed by my account officer that d 3k cot charge on my previous account was stopped after much complaint from customers but d money wasn't refunded. It will interest you to note also that alot of their customers are not aware of such deductions frm their account cos i narrated my ugly experience to 2 friends who had accounts with them and they decided to check their accounts only to discover same thing. Is this not daytime robbery? Am still furious @ Diamond bank for stealing my money!
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by lansha2006: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2011
Gents, but what was printed in the media was that intercontinental promoted 600 staff. I have not heard of this sack thing. Olorun sho wa o
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by otukpo(f): 1:42pm On Jan 06, 2011
GTB my foot!

In terms of customer service, GTB is nothing to write home about. First Bank is even doing better than GTB now in customers service.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by zuker: 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2011
in Nigerian context, key things to banking is safety of fund and customer service. and i can say you will find these in FBN and GTBank
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by buchio7(m): 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2011
all dese unna examples of banks no meet up wit d big Z,  By dat of course i mean zenith. In terms of service dey r d best.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Lagoseko(m): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2011
its a dead bank. i just pray that other banks do not emulate their poor staff welfare. amcon has taken over their toxic waste, i wonder why the sack.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Johnnymoh: 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2011
Intercontinental Bank is not the only bank involved in the recent laying off of staff, AFRIBANK, UBA and others also did. If a bank can promote 653 staff and lay off 171-poor performers and disciplinary staff, I dont think is a sign that the bank is not doing well. We can only say a bank is not doing well or is sinking when depositors funds cannnot be paid on demand. Generally, there is no bank in Nigeria right now that is too comfortable - they're all facing one challenge or the other.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by opribo(m): 5:24pm On Jan 06, 2011
Lamido Sanusi made GTB what it is today.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by 10cirenoh: 12:31am On Jan 07, 2011
CHARLOE:

I strongly disagree with d above. I've an account with diamond bank (should be dormant by now though) and i've got ugly stories/experiences of how diamond bank steals from their customers account. Sometime in 2009 i discovered they've been withdrawing 3k every month for 5 months (that's 15k) from my account. When i complained they claimed txts were sent (i never got any) informing customers operating that type of account of d new cot (as against d normal N5/N1k charge) and adviced me to migrate to another account with N5/N1k cot. I did, only to get a txt on d 30th dec 2009 that starting 31st dec 2009 (less than 24hrs), N10k will be charged as cot on dis my new account (DBXA i think)! I quickly rushed down to d bank to complain and was again adviced to migrate to yet other accounts with varying fixed cot, least of which is N1,500! See me see wahala! how much i get for account, i immediately emptied my account and left 4 good.
Now pls note, i was informed by my account officer that d 3k cot charge on my previous account was stopped after much complaint from customers but d money wasn't refunded. It will interest you to note also that alot of their customers are not aware of such deductions frm their account cos i narrated my ugly experience to 2 friends who had accounts with them and they decided to check their accounts only to discover same thing. Is this not daytime robbery? Am still furious @ Diamond bank for stealing my money!

I wonder what kinda account you are talking about here, i have been banking with them since 2007 and in no way have i been charged of any amount i wasn't aware of, i currently operate 4 different accounts with them and yet to see any wrong doings, very quiet but effective bank to me so far so good.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Tushed: 4:19am On Jan 07, 2011
Can someone say something about Zenith?
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by OREKELEWA1: 7:12am On Jan 07, 2011
[color=#006600][/color]why is anybody not talking about SKYE BANK They have friendly and efficient customer service officers, fewer queues, great ATM functionality. I dont even own an acct there, my mum does, but seriously thinking of opening one.

Another bank that trips me is STANBIC IBTC, customer service there is way out of any other bank in Nigeria's league, they have personal contact with their customers, and that is very healthy to the bank and their customers, and even if u have a penny in Ur account u get to have an account officer attached to you. They give excellent financial advice to their customers too, ne a
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by femmical(m): 10:52am On Jan 07, 2011
sum1 cald me jst now to go &withdraw my money in d intercontinental bank,that anything can happen anytime frm now
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Reference(m): 11:35am On Jan 07, 2011
Absolutely yes, we want to know every titbit about banks and all bankers not just ICB. We want to know what they say, what they think, what they eat, das right, even when they go to the can we will send the tissues for analysis. If and only if I had cared to act on contents of the flip side of the so called rough sheet that was given me at customers service to present my details for a transaction enquiry, which turned out to be an Inter-bank memo, I would have promptly closed my account there and sold all my banking shares. But I just laughed at the memo when I got home thinking it was just impossible. Those were the days of awards and the season of ratings. Well the rest is history. My portfolio was cut into three. Madam and pastor took one third each. Thank God for deposits bailout or not.

My friends I will never, never again ignore any information about banks no matter who says it and no matter which bank is involved even if it belongs to my brother.

Until we develop a culture of honesty in this country you and I better live by sight not by faith. Let those who profit from these institutions labour to win trust. They owe us that.
For all I care the fellows flushed out may be stubborn non co-operatives perhaps bent on whistle blowing. Who knows.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Johnnymoh: 12:08pm On Jan 07, 2011
@femmical

sum1 cald me jst now to go &withdraw my money in d intercontinental bank,that anything can happen anytime frm now.

This is a pure lie. Why do Nigerians like taking undue advantage of some situations to do harm. If the bank has been operating for over a year now since after the 'Sanusitisation', is it now that AMCON has bought over their toxic loans that they'll close. This can never be. Anybody that has a personal issue with an organisation should nt come to this forum to run it down, rather such individual should sort his/her issues out with the organisation. IB PLC and other rescued banks are on its way to restoration again soon. The present management has really transformed the system. So, no cause for alarm.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Build Career In Law / Free Report On Cashew Nuts Trading / How To Balance Work & Personal Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.