Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? (7276 Views)

Mass And Massive Resignation Of Appointment Hits Intercontinental Bank / Bizzare: Intercontinental Bank Downsizes Again / Intercontinental Bank Plc Sacks 1,500 Workers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by eewule(m): 12:39pm On Jan 07, 2011
I have been trying to follow the advice here to determine the best Nigerian bank for reliability and customer service for my future transactions (As i dont currently reside in Naija, but coming home soon) and all the advice I am getting here is instead getting me more confused and moving from one bank website to another bank website like a headless chicken. WHICH BANKs are TRULY THE BETTER or BEST ones ?!?   

Anyway,  from what I have read so far, it seems like problems with any individual bank are not across all its branches. Example An Abeokuta branch of the GTB bank can be very poor with services long cues and rude attendants, while a Port harcourt branch of the same GTB bank will be scouring high marks for services. So my conclusion on you nairaland posters: There is no Nigerian bank that is bad across the country,  some branches of any bank may be poor while others of the same bank are top performers. 

I think I may settle for BankPHB for now while watching GTB and First bank standards smiley
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:31pm On Jan 07, 2011
Try Zenith any day. They did a bankwide stafff promotion December ending (an evidence of good performance in the bank) and the bank is not involved in any question of instabilty or system crisis. The staff maintain a culture of 5 minutes max turn-around time for general transactions. We hate queues in our banking halls. Its in your best interest.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by tundenaija: 1:06am On Jan 08, 2011
abeg my 3k remain inside that bank ,can i sue them incase they fold up lol
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by superstar1(m): 6:05am On Jan 08, 2011
a lot has been said about GTB Long queues. i have asked one of their staff before and he gave me the analysis.a banking business like any other business is about profitability and in terms of efficiency of resources they are still the most efficient within the industry, churning out profitability that can compare favourably with FBN with over 800branches and over a 100yrs of experience. He also told me that the bank is positioning itself for the future by making every individual through the efficient e-channels such as internet banking and gtmobile.sincerely if majority of customers can embrace this echannels that i have found to be very efficient,we will assist them to decongest their banking hall and it also makes banking easier for us. I have been a GTB customer for a while and i bank with other banks too, i still doff my hat for their technology esp the echannels.instead of going all the way to the bank to check ur balance or request for your chequebook or all those mundane transactions,all this can be done from the comfort of our offices and homes, thank God internet penetration is better than before.

if we are comparing Nigerians bank with citibank,barclays bank etc, these are technologies nigerian customers need to buy into before we start complaining as if we are more efficient than these guys at our duty post.

sincerely they need to increase their branch network but if the business model of making every individual their branch works,they will FBN soonest. their echannels is very popular among Nigerians in Diaspora.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Tolulop001(f): 9:54am On Jan 08, 2011
femmical:

sum1 cald me jst now to go &withdraw my money in d intercontinental bank,that anything can happen anytime frm now

i heard the gist oh

na something like this dey run banks down angry

but me i go still comot ma money rumor or no rumor! tongue
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by chijike(m): 12:56pm On Jan 08, 2011
Let us all be careful. The rumour on intercontinental bank is the handiwork of aggrieved bankers acting as pickets.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by VIPICO(m): 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2011
"If I smell any rat in any Nigerian financial institution and my money is there, I would not need to consult a seer or wait a day longer before I take desperate action".
This has been my resolution since I had my fingers terribly burnt in stocks. I drained my Intercontinental bank account yesterday, CBN statement statement or not. There can never be smoke without fire.

This country is ruled by heartless blood suckers who are ready to kill everyone else to be super-rich, and then launder the money abroad for their illicit family memebers and loads of concubines.

They can never get me again
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by calculusx(m): 10:36pm On Jan 08, 2011
LOL, Can't stop Laughing. GTB means GO TO THE BACK. Long queues both in the Banking Hall and their ATMs. Don't dare ask who is the last person,the next thing you hear is GO TO THE BACK{GTB}. They fail to manage the long queues not only in Lagos but in all their branches, i spent almost 1hr to make a deposit in Sagamu Branch, i wonder how long it will take to make a withdrawal, Go To The Back, lol

First Bank of Nigeria, i give it to you,though they do things in archaic and outdated manner but they have stepped up

Advise to Go To The Back {GTB}, they should make their branches to be bigger like other Banks,most of their branches are too small with lots of parking space, lol
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by aieromon(m): 11:42pm On Jan 08, 2011
Just got this.I hope all is well

Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by alamin3: 8:17pm On Jan 10, 2011
THE BEST BANK AT THE MOMENT IS FCMB
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by spicybabs(m): 7:03pm On Jan 11, 2011
It is pathetic that learned nairalanders can be talking like an illiterate
every year bank sack and promote members of staff
and no union can close or liquidate any bank
Intercontinental, Oceanic,Unity were mention by the union in the reports BUT cant someone sense or tell why is it that the whole noise is now on Intercontinental Bank only?
I kno something is wrong somewhere.
I av worked in 3banks & I can tell u none of this bank is better than Intercontinental bank
GTB for example if they are the best & they are stronger which means they are making all the money now why cant they manage their queues and open more branches for customers to enjoy good and prompt services where are the money they are making going into?? my people be wise!!!!!!!!
Erastus is not the only one doing all those allegationssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
they are all in the same business and they do same thing to survive take it or u leave it
what Intercontinental bank has as an ASSETS alone GTB or any other except our !st Bank can acquire it in 5-10years!!!!!!!!!
Intercontinental is having problem yet they are opening branches and those that are not having these problems cant open ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
something is wrong.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Tolulop001(f): 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^ in short what are you saying?
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Druss(m): 9:49am On Jan 12, 2011
all i know is that i have indicated to my banking 'partner' that i wish to close my intercontinental account down.
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by Osgilliat(m): 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2011
i almost rot on the queue on Monday in that bank,GTB(go to the back)
Re: What Is Really Wrong With Intercontinental Bank? by 1money: 8:34pm On Jan 13, 2011
nothing is wrong with the bank. they dey kampe.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Build Career In Law / Free Report On Cashew Nuts Trading / How To Balance Work & Personal Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.