Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll (16621 Views)

Debt Servicing Rises, Gulps 72% Of FG Revenues / 72% of Nigerians not willing to pay for national ID renewal – NOIPolls / Shehu Sani Cautions Pastor Kumuyi: Let Nigerians Express Their Views (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Onlyonebuhari: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2020
We know some people need to be catered for by the government but what of the jobless youths that have chosen laziness as a career. They have no job except bulglar and they also complain of lockdown.
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by deyoungeben: 8:46am On Apr 15, 2020
Hunger is the first virus that kills more than Coronavirus..
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Babalawo2020: 8:47am On Apr 15, 2020
Godformeeeeeee:
At this point in time, I must state boldly that I miss hunger bad.rest on bro.

Rest in peace hunger bad!!!

1 Like

Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by watchindelta(m): 8:48am On Apr 15, 2020
jonneljonn:
This country has completed failed the common Nigerian,all the govt officials including the national assembly members spend the tax payers money on food cloths cars and even the houses they stay and yet they cannot use the common resources we have to provide all Nigerians with relief materials at this period of national disaster.wen the talk about the most vunerable I weep for this country,at this time every body needs help from the govt.there is no food to eat and no money and u are talking about most vunerable.in my village whee I come from nobody have ever received a Dom or any form of relief from govt,infact they have never seen any govt officials visit them and there are millions of people who are very poor and can't afford shelter talkless of one meal a day .even in my street where I reside in port Harcourt town,there are thousands of poor families staying in make shift houses who can't afford a meal or even pay for their kids school fees yet the the minister was talking about helping millions of poor families.how do u come to the conclusion that the people u are sharing money to are the poorest??this is just an avenue to loot our money again, because the impact of govt relief is not felt by the poor masses.this money belongs to all Nigerians,why should a few people in govt be enjoying our common resources alone ,?? Enough of the stealing in the name of social intervention program
yes bro how do they know the poorest ppl? Our government they are the must stupid ppl on earth.
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by KIDfurniture(m): 8:54am On Apr 15, 2020
Hunger Kill them all. When u beat up ur brother some years back cos he said Buhari must not be president . Now he is the president that hunger must kill those that sold their vote. Greedy bastards

Sweetpopcorn:

https://punchng.com/72-nigerians-express-hunger-concerns-poll/
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Jflex07(m): 8:57am On Apr 15, 2020
tonsen44:
I am man of 36yrs with family of 6 children. Hunger is telling hard on me and my family.
Good Nigerians please help.

Account number 0018430257
Access bank.
I always advise young guys who aren't married yet to always give birth to the number of kids they can really take care of irrespective of the circumstances.. If you want a family of six then it means you have the financial capacity to take care of all of them.

2 Likes

Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by smeag0l(m): 8:58am On Apr 15, 2020
People are really suffering. The government really needs to do something. For the first time in my life, I gave out 70% of my last month's salary to people I don't know. Even to some that I have never met before and may never meet.
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Aystarz: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

The thing dey affect every body
Buy Last last everybody go dey alright

But wait o
Even If your livelihood depends on daily hustling

What about this statement from lilwayne:
Always Prepare for the worse and pray for the best"

So most Nigerians nor even dey save money before now incase of incasity.
Na wa o

The majority of Nigerian civil servants spend 90 percent of their salary on food....only food!
So tell me : How can one save in this horrible shithole?
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Aystarz: 9:08am On Apr 15, 2020
Babalawo2020:

Rest in peace hunger bad!!!

I can picture Hungerbad looking down on us now and sorely wondering : Will it ever be well with Nigeria and her people??

Wherever that bloke of true nobility is, at this moment, I bet he's better off than the average Nairalander .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Subzero047: 9:09am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
CrimeKsmart:
F.G should pls do something to this. People are really hungry.

Hunger doesn't know if you are PDP or APC apologist
[/s]

Sai Baba
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by hungvid20: 9:11am On Apr 15, 2020
It is more than that. None of my household members and neighbours knew about the poll, hence we didn't indicate.

Kindly modify to 99.00001% embarassed

1 Like

Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by tot(f): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2020
This reflects the weak economy and terrible leadership of this country. Imagine, a nation that produces oil having majority of its people complain about hunger. What a shame.
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Vulcan24(m): 9:35am On Apr 15, 2020
now that everyone esp the upper class is threatened by death there's govt concern for enforced lockdown

the persisting hunger ravaging Nigerians since the inception of this government isn't worth looking into

awon werey
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by nashito(m): 9:46am On Apr 15, 2020
Nigerians are not Sincere & Honest people, half of that population can survive even a 4 month Lockdown. If you're a Nigerian and you don't have that mentality of saving for rainy days, then you're not a true Nigerian. We're accustomed with Hardship & as a result, we don't only hope live for today but rather we care much about tomorrow.
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by DEADALIVE: 9:54am On Apr 15, 2020
We all know what April has in stuck for us but what we can not fathom or decide or forecast is what May will look like in degenerating country like Nigeria where
Government is useless
Country is useless
Media uselessly bias....they pretend to seek for your opinion and still want you to side the government with subtle words just to show professionalism that they do not have....
When i watch the way the media in USA is putting pressure on DT damn God bless America.
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by sapientia(m): 9:56am On Apr 15, 2020
Those are the rich ones oooo

The poor ones na 101% oooo

Who dash them phone and data to join poll?

Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by BIGKemsey(m): 10:03am On Apr 15, 2020
Nigeria should have been named Hungary grin grin i see no difference
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Ofemmanu1: 10:25am On Apr 15, 2020
christm386:
Every body z hungry, including monaqurils or what ever his stupid name z
hehehehe.
That suyaselling basterrd will soon die of hunger.
All the stupid zombies are felling the heat more.
They thot baba cow will send em palliatives but they gets dusts instead.
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Chachangi: 10:31am On Apr 15, 2020
nashito:
Nigerians are not Sincere & Honest people, half of that population can survive even a 4 month Lockdown. If you're a Nigerian and you don't have that mentality of saving for rainy days, then you're not a true Nigerian. We're accustomed with Hardship & as a result, we don't only hope live for today but rather we care much about tomorrow.

Sir\Ma, I don’t think you’re aware of the reality on ground in Nigeria. This is even asides Covid 19. People are suffering.

I’m afraid if you have this mentality you can’t lead this nation (if that’s one of your ambitions though) simply because you don’t know the reality of the people you’re leading.

I know somebody like you in the North who said “she doesn’t believe there’s someone in Nigeria who hasn’t had lunch because they don’t have lunch”

Wake up to reality my compatriot- people are suffering .
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Lovelive: 11:00am On Apr 15, 2020
chatinent:
No bi lie. I had an experience this morning when I went to get things from the grocery store. On my way back, a lady (married with kids I supposed) had to call me in a solemn voice (she didn't know how to address the issue) and was just asking for N100. I was touched.The rest is history; we should really help people, even if we don't have in surplus -- I gave her out of my want.

You did well. And more Grace+sssssssss
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Karmaisme(m): 11:03am On Apr 15, 2020
christm386:

The idiot now comment on nairaland once or twice par day.

"our darling daddy" recitation has been limited to the bearest minimum. Hunger is truly bad.
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Damisam93(m): 11:42am On Apr 15, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

The thing dey affect every body
Buy Last last everybody go dey alright

But wait o
Even If your livelihood depends on daily hustling

What about this statement from lilwayne:
Always Prepare for the worse and pray for the best"

So most Nigerians nor even dey save money before now incase of incasity.
Na wa o

Guy you funny oo, which money are they saving when majority don't even earn enough that will cater for daily feeding
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by WaleRock: 1:17pm On Apr 15, 2020
A government that locks down a country without giving its citizens palliatives is committing a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

I'm so sad that I currently don't have adequate supplies to feed our fellow Nigerians with.

The masses are HUNGRY! IT'S JUST TOO PAINFUL!
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by airminem(f): 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
See, for the past two weeks or so, the city i live has more or less… shut down due to the COvid-19 lockdown issued by the Federal government. People don’t go outside unless they have to – we only walk up the streets, make quick runs to community store or pharmacy for supplies every two days or so (because I mean… alcohol is pretty much mandatory for sanitizer), and… that’s pretty much it. Restaurants are for the most part all closed down. Lagos is essentially on the economic equivalent of life support – the only things that’re open are convenience stores, grocery stores, and pharmacies. There’s checkpoints and roadblocks by military entering and leaving areas in the city. The only people that dare to go outside without a medical mask are those unlucky ones that didn’t get the chance to buy any before supplies ran out or lack of funds.

Now I don’t mean to paint too apocalyptic of a picture here. I live in Nigeria not Wuhan (which’s tragically borne the brunt of all this). A lot of these measures are precautionary, and… you sort of get used to it all. It sucks, no doubt. But it says a lot about human psychology just how quickly a new normal can become…normally

What I just wasn’t mentally prepared for, however, was the shortage of foods. Feeding families is an interesting challenge, however. Completely by happy accident, out of any of our friends or family we’re probably the most unprepared for this kind of situation. You pretty much don’t have a choice in what you get; when you’re in that window you’ll take what you can get from anyone.

We have time. Lots of it. Too much, really. The pandemic has been a mandatory extended stayhome for the majority of Lagosians.
All of these factors force you to be seek help – day in and day out. The supplies must last.
You don’t enter the kitchen with the mindset of “what do I feel like eating?” You enter it asking the question, “what’s the best thing I can possibly make with the resources I have?”
Yess, it's not easy... but at the same time it's not overly hard too.

Like I said, please I need assistance
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by samictelecoms(m): 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
This one tired me o
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by samictelecoms(m): 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ok
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by Dollabiz: 5:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
clueless government
Re: Lock down: 72% Of Nigerians Express Hunger Concerns – Poll by VisualPolitik: 6:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
VisualPolitik:

2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Insists On Use Of BVAS, Electronic Transmission Of Results / 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines / Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.