Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done (2012 Views)

She Can't Stand His Family,what should she do? / "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You? / Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by whiteroses(f): 4:25am On Jan 05, 2011
my mums step brother was a young doctor and married a pretty typical yoruba babe tosin, they started having baby problems but the problem was kind of his fault and tosin's people said our daughter is barely 24 and still has many years ahead of her to be happy please do something or we'll take her away, PS i love my mums step bro he's my fav person in the fam and we used to talk everyday.
Tosin later disappeared after so much strife he stopped searching and gave up but he wasn't really happy. i moved to london in '07, you know how nigerian's connect and know each other one way or the other in london? so, I went to a house party and I saw tosin now looking like a proper mum with a little girl at this house party, my jaw dropped. we made eye contacts and things but not sure if she knew me, she kept using her bb and her husband picked her up around 10pm i even looked outside it was a nice family.
To be sure I asked the party host who the girl was they confirmed her name was tosin and her husband who was a student from Nigeria brought her. I got the shock of my life i called my sister and stuff bla bla, I am still shocked till now, my mums step bro is still unmarried, he was still rightfully married to tosin and their wedding frame still hangs on the wall. I din't tell my mum though cos she would react.
I still refuse to tell anyone but my sister tho cos i kind of put myself in her shoes too what 24 y/o will start her days as a childless person but can i keep quiet for life cos through the party host I can get hold of her and my mums step bro will come from 9aij thats for sure, people are really wierd
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by 190: 4:28am On Jan 05, 2011
Ms doyin

Tosin has moved on, You should have beaten her black and blue for not staying
by her husband during this tough trying times

advise your cuz and tell your family that tosin's gon ((Y'all should move on too))
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by ekubear1: 4:29am On Jan 05, 2011
Is it like he cannot have kids, period?

Artificial insemination should work, right?

Anyway, Tosin is the past, he needs to move on (and investigate whatever it will take to fix his problems.)
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by whiteroses(f): 4:38am On Jan 05, 2011
@190 beat her? so that they'll call police and bundle me out grin kamari tofiakwa! I have image to protect abeg and how would a man forget a marriage and his wife in just few years? that impossible will you do that
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by 190: 4:46am On Jan 05, 2011
whiteroses:

@190 beat her? so that they'll call police and bundle me out grin kamari tofiakwa! I have image to protect abeg and how would a man forget a marriage and his wife in just few years? that impossible will you do that
grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by Orton10(m): 4:53am On Jan 05, 2011
Baby gurl, let sleeping dogs ly. The only problem is persuading ur Mum's step Brother in to getting an official divorce, rippind these pictures off the wall, adopting a kid and mooooooving on wif his life.
Somethings are better left unsaid.
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by Bluhazel: 4:59am On Jan 05, 2011
I'll advise you to stay out of this. I can't really blame her, she's too young to suffer that kind of fate. Advise your uncle to move on.
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by ekubear1: 5:57am On Jan 05, 2011
whiteroses:

how would a man forget a marriage and his wife in just few years? that impossible will you do that

It is very easy. Easiest way to get over a woman is to find a new one. At least, this has been my own experience
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by Odunnu: 6:59am On Jan 05, 2011
Tell your mommie what you saw, i'm sure she's in a better position to handle it.
Ths is heartrending
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by jaybee3(m): 7:05am On Jan 05, 2011
Tosin has definitely moved and your brother deserves to know what's up.
you can always tell your brother what you saw so he can at least move on with his life
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by Mcleo007(m): 7:18am On Jan 05, 2011
This is why I stopped believing in love and marriage,at least within the contemporary african trend. We better go back to those days of arrangie marriage. Lol. But for real,what then was the essence of saying I do on ur wedding day when u u don't? Well,tell the dude to move on.
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by Odunnu: 7:23am On Jan 05, 2011
The dude will move on but before he does,let him know 'whats up'.
BTW jay bee, that dude is her uncle not her brother. Thats why her mom should do the telling
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by tolahood9(m): 8:02am On Jan 05, 2011
move on! move on!! move on!!! If he can get d divorce, all is fine.
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by playmate(f): 10:52am On Jan 06, 2011
just let him know wassup so he can move on.
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by fstranger1: 2:27pm On Jan 06, 2011
moot case
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by otukpo(f): 3:02pm On Jan 06, 2011
Pls tell ur mom ASAP.
Ur Uncle deserves to know immediately.
Can u imagine the kind of trauma he wld have been going thru all these years not knowing the whereabouts of his wife?
Ur uncle needs to be happy and start planning his own future too.
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by jkpretty(f): 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2011
this story shldn't be an issue,cos if d table were flipped around, it would b acceptable by the man's people 2 find another wife. let d man move on. . . who said life was fair?
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by beneli(m): 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2011
Honestly, this is wrong on so many levels.

Correct me if I am wrong but are you saying that this Tosin was legally married to your Uncle, she then elopes with another guy, who probably doesn’t know that she is a married woman, gets pregnant for this new guy and now wants to live happily ever after . . .? I don’t think so! Life does not work that way. Sorry!

If this was my call, Tosin would certainly not be allowed to get away with this. Bigamy is illegal. Deciet is morally reprehensible. She is committing bigamy and living in deceit with another man, who probably doesn’t know that his marriage to Tosin is invalid. . . and has already started having babies with this decieved man! 

I honestly wouldn't be advising Ms Whiteroses to become complicit in this despicable conspiracy of deceit that Tosin has set in motion. That too would be totally wrong. 

So Ms Whiteroses, the burden would be to do the right thing. I would.

The right thing is that you should ensure that your Uncle knows where his supposedly long lost wife is. And the best way to go about doing it, is to let Tosin tell him herself. For this to happen, Tosin should be made aware that you have ‘found her’ and that she should now come clean with her real husband. She should let him know what the situation is, so that he can divorce her properly. . . and then move on - if he is so disposed, that is.

If she doesn’t let her real husband - your uncle - to know that the marriage to him is over, then it becomes your responsibility to let him know. And if he prefers to make an issue of this, it’s his prerogative. After all he is still married to Tosin!  If Tosin decides not to come clean with her current partner, well that’s really her business. It’s not your call. But the way life works, is that he will certainly find out sooner than later!

When the right thing is done, then people can talk about moving on.  Deceit should not be allowed to flourish . . . that would be wrong.
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by Busta(f): 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2011
The earlier you find a way to tell your mum's step bro . . . the better for him to move on and accept fate.

How you do it, I am not sure. Maybe tell your mum, your sis or an older family member.
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by demi2008(f): 11:14am On Jan 12, 2011
@Beneli how r u sure Tosin's new husband does not know her past or that she has not divorce her 1st hubby officially. I would not be suprised if u get in touch with Tosin and she produces a real divorce certificate from a high court in Naija d previous husband might have been divorced without him knowing.

My advise to the poster is for her to tell her mum and she'll know how to tell his brother since d guy still feels strongly about his wife or ex wife. Tosin try sef I taught marriage was for better for worse and if ur uncle knew he had fertility problems b4 marring Tosin and did not disclose it to her b4 and decieved her into marrying him then he got what he deserved.
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by Mimicole(f): 2:17pm On Jan 12, 2011
Wen a man's wife ups and leaves him without explanation, it's only normal dt he'll go 2 her parents 2 lay a complain or inquire abt his wife's whereabt, wen he does dis d family of d girl who in dis case have previously threatened 2 take bk dia daughter will naturally tell him 2 his face dt dey've made good dia promise either verbally or impliedly. In oda words i think d poster's Uncle already knws his wife has left 4 gd n is probably just mourning.
2ndly, the marriage is over, though not legally, to d best of our knowledge. D man shld just accept dis n move on.
Poster u can't keep dis 2urslf, i suggest u let ur Mom who in turn will tell her step brova. But kai dis is really sad o. 'For better n for worse' makes no sense 2 alot of pps. It's wa sha
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by sophy09: 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2011
I thought he was your fave uncle. You should have spoken to him by now. Do you know the pain he is going through and the thoughts that Tosin will come back to him. Don't forget men have big ego and he knows the issue he has. Abeg tell him.
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by NAJALYN: 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2011
Toyin's parents threatened to withdraw their daughter from the marriage if your uncle remained impotent. They made good that promise without following the right procedures. Your uncle it seems did not go to the wife's family to find out if actually they had withdrawn her or not. Now that you know her whereabout, tell your mum so she can tell him. Your uncle can divorce her & go on with his life. Let him go to any Tianshi Store to receive treatment. Their products & equipments will take care of his condition.
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by obowunmi(m): 5:13pm On May 06, 2011
what a story.
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by Kachichi(f): 5:34pm On May 06, 2011
190:

Ms doyin

Tosin has moved on,  You should have beaten her black and blue for not staying
by her husband during this tough trying times

advise your cuz and tell your family that tosin's gon ((Y'all should move on too))

lol
Re: This Happened In My Family. What Would You Have Done by Genius100: 10:32pm On May 06, 2011
I fail to understand why you are keeping this a secret. The girl has moved on and remarried. Your cousin needs to move on. What kind of reaction will your mom have? Can she force Tosin to remarry her step brother? You all need to move on,

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Not Compulsory. / Ladies, Does Yr Father Care Abt Yr Looks? / A Woman Who Disguised As A Man For 43 Years To Feed Family Is Honoured In Egypt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.