Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

........... - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ........... (2891 Views)

A Nairalander's Traditional Wedding Pictures With Ghanaian Bride / Traditional Wedding Photos Of Lynda Ebigwei And South African Husband / My Traditional Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ........... by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
I think all these depends more on the strenght and exposure of the family than on tradition.. Some very hungry people who see the marriage of their daughters as an avenue to "open office" on the man will do everything to edit and multiply that list so that they can gain from it. As far as I can remember all my married sisters had at least 70% of the wedding expense handled by my dad. I remember growing up i used to think its the norm until i started attending other weddings and started seeing very funny things

1 Like

Re: ........... by Paxie55: 3:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

Abi,we will even pay groom price self
Exactly. Or they scrap that nonsense bride price.

2 Likes

Re: ........... by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 15, 2020
Easybela:
I want to clear the air,for those of you who may think that marital rites in Igboland are generally the same or expensive, this is my own list,given to Hubby's family. I'm from Enugu state,Nkanu West precisely. Mind you,I'm doing traditional/wedding same day,only the things in this list, will go no where in entertaining people but we needed not kill the young man with long list because he's getting married, so my family will provide the rest of the food like anything that has to do with swallow and more drinks.
The 1st item on the list,"4 tudun of palm wine",I will post a picture of what we call "tudun" for clarification,(I dont know the English name of that long gallon).
Again, as few as the drinks on the list are, on that day,we will not serve Hubby's family any drink,we will only give them food,they said we shouldn't, that they will come with their own drinks,had it been that their drinks were among,extra 5 or 6 crates of beer and 2 or 3crates of malt would have been added.
Introduction and bride price have been done before now.
Half truths, I see. The list comes before d bride price and not d oda way round. The list is a fulfilment of what it takes customarily to marry a lady from a place based on family and it is usually fulfilled b4 d bride price is negotiated. In fact it is always checked to confirm if it is complete according to their tradition. If ur bride price has been settled as u claim, hanty this is not ur list but items requested for hosting guests at reception. Show is what it took to pay ur dowry.
Abi ur husband for no provide food and drinks for reception, bag of rice, palmy, beer na reception things hence there is no truth in it claims.

NB: I am not for exhorbitant lists, I married an ibo lady, and I think it's high time they do away with greedy exploitative lists in d name of marriage.
Re: ........... by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
Paxie55:

Exactly. Or they scrap that nonsense bride price.
Agreed cool

2 Likes

Re: ........... by Galactico4ever(m): 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
Eulalia:
:
Wow.. It's similar to ours. Only a slight difference.
I'm from Abia. In addition to what you have here, ours contains,
snuff,
1 massive male goat,
Salt ( for Umu Ada)
Then 8k as bride price. Father takes 4k while mother takes 4k. That's all.

Everything on the list is what is used in preparing the food that will be used for the occasion. No extras, except your guy wants to show off by buying extra drinks and stuffs but no body will task him again.

Please can you hook me with a pretty relative..?
Re: ........... by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Please can you hook me with a pretty relative..?

If you're serious and ready, why not?

How old are you? Let me know the age bracket to source from.
Re: ........... by Easybela(f): 4:07pm On Apr 15, 2020
Thomas,why you dey vex on top my list na .see your head like collecting list before bride price, because you married "Ibo" lady,her culture and mine should be same abi,shift abeg.
princeeze1:

Half truths, I see. The list comes before d bride price and not d oda way round. The list is a fulfilment of what it takes customarily to marry a lady from a place based on family and it is usually fulfilled b4 d bride price is negotiated. In fact it is always checked to confirm if it is complete according to their tradition. If ur bride price has been settled as u claim, hanty this is not ur list but items requested for hosting guests at reception. Show is what it took to pay ur dowry.
Abi ur husband for no provide food and drinks for reception, bag of rice, palmy, beer na reception things hence there is no truth in it claims.

NB: I am not for exhorbitant lists, I married an ibo lady, and I think it's high time they do away with greedy exploitative lists in d name of marriage.
Re: ........... by Galactico4ever(m): 4:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
Eulalia:

If you're serious and ready, why not?

How old are you? Let me know the age bracket to source from.
Am 25 and hoping for a serious sting
Re: ........... by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
Easybela:
Thomas,why you dey vex on top my list na .see your head like collecting list before bride price, because you married "Ibo" lady,her culture and mine should be same abi,shift abeg.

I will not glorify u by throwing insults like u did, liars are easy to spot, d forum has a lot of smart pple u know. In case u do not know, nowhere in africa, not just ibo does marriage list come after bride price has been paid. Makes u story what?

For further tantrums u might as well throw, I am not available, d discerning already see d lies.
Re: ........... by Easybela(f): 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
I have your time,Mr Thomas,let me clarify you, I dated him for 5years,suitors started flying in,my family started pressuring me to leave him and get married, I refused,this brought a lot of problems but he wasn't ready financially, in other not to Lose me,he gathered what he had and came to do introduction and paid my bride price, he pleaded with them to give him more time to complete all the rites,the introduction took place on 09-02-2019 and now I ask you "Mr Know it all",what's the crime in that ,anyways,am taking down my list before you commit suicide on my thread. I see no reason why you are pained
princeeze1:

I will not glorify u by throwing insults like u did, liars are easy to spot, d forum has a lot of smart pple u know. In case u do not know, nowhere in africa, not just ibo does marriage list come after bride price has been paid. Makes u story what?

For further tantrums u might as well throw, I am not available, d discerning already see d lies.

Re: ........... by Mstick: 6:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
The kaikai!!!! When they asked for it and my dad tried to give them in cash, it caused a very big problem!

So we had to send people to go and look for it and buy, you need to see the distance.

sassysure:

I'm not laughing cheesy cheesy

What about kegs of kaìkaì?
That alone can buy one cow.

Most of them go to court and church and do their thing cheesy
Re: ........... by Phenomenal16(f): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
Easybela:
I want to clear the air,for those of you who may think that marital rites in Igboland are generally the same or expensive, this is my own list,given to Hubby's family. I'm from Enugu state,Nkanu West precisely. Mind you,I'm doing traditional/wedding same day,only the things in this list, will go no where in entertaining people but we needed not kill the young man with long list because he's getting married, so my family will provide the rest of the food like anything that has to do with swallow and more drinks.
The 1st item on the list,"4 tudun of palm wine",I will post a picture of what we call "tudun" for clarification,(I dont know the English name of that long gallon).
Again, as few as the drinks on the list are, on that day,we will not serve Hubby's family any drink,we will only give them food,they said we shouldn't, that they will come with their own drinks,had it been that their drinks were among,extra 5 or 6 crates of beer and 2 or 3crates of malt would have been added.
..m also from nkanu west
This drinks Are too small.....
Re: ........... by Easybela(f): 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2020
Its k by my family, other families can do their wish,there is no rule for marriage list as long as my kinsmen are concerned,if you like,give your daughter away for free,their only concern is that, on that day,you must give them their usual food and drinks(they recently included that in their constitution). Anyway, good to meet you here,am from Akpugo,you?
Phenomenal16:
..m also from nkanu west
This drinks Are too small.....
Re: ........... by Phenomenal16(f): 7:15pm On Apr 15, 2020
Easybela:
Its k by my family, other families can do their wish,there is no rule for marriage list as long as my kinsmen are concerned,if you like,give your daughter away for free,their only concern is that, on that day,you must give them their usual food and drinks(they recently included that in their constitution). Anyway, good to meet you here,am from Akpugo,you?
..Akpugo
Re: ........... by Zikyke(m): 7:21pm On Apr 15, 2020
Please is this the same for all Nkanu West women, because I have a babe from Akegbe in Nkanu West, I intended marrying, though am not financially ready, but I have made up my mind on her, also I don't mind making use with the little I have.

Clarify me please.
Re: ........... by Xmen149(m): 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
I didn't see the list

but truth is list is collected which contains things to bring b4 bride price and this is the most essential.

any other thing on the list after bride price is OYO this is because remaining things on the list after this is for traditional marriage and traditional marriage is not compulsory.but your average igbo girl must drag you down that lane.

it wouldn't take more than 200k t fullfil rites b4 bride price in Enugu sometimes less if you negotiate. wahala enters when you won do loud adding traditional marriage infact the day of dowry payment drinks will be given to bride to give to husband so your additional traditional marriage is your problem.

list comprises mostly things for :mother,father,youth,maidens and drinks for kindred including stuff and co .The bride price might go as high as 30k but the father takes like 1k and give you back the rest telling you the child is not for sale. that way if you Bleep up they will come and take back their daughter and give you back your 1k lol
Re: ........... by Xmen149(m): 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
Zikyke:
Please is this the same for all Nkanu West women, because I have a babe from Akegbe in Nkanu West, I intended marrying, though am not financially ready, but I have made up my mind on her, also I don't mind making use with the little I have.

Clarify me please.

carry your people to go and collect list.

go home and study it,tgeir are few things you must do b4 you can pay dowry .once dowry is paid you are married. you can chose to do traditional marriage celebration when you fill more boyant/want celebration that's if you have rapport with your babe.

if you have bw 150-200 go there,make sure you are always stepping with an elder wey sabi

1 Like

Re: ........... by justcallmenuel(m): 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
Easybela:
OP where in nkanu west are you from? Akpugo? Cos that’s where I’m from.
Re: ........... by sinaj(f): 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
ouzo1:
That beer too small na....where that damn nigga? Make him prescribe the right amount
santos right?
Re: ........... by sinaj(f): 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2020
ouzo1:
That beer too small na....where that damn nigga? Make him prescribe the right amount
please are you santos?
Re: ........... by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
To be sincere their Bride price is always a killer very long and expensive to be Frank I can't date them not to talk of marriage cause in the process of dating them you can fall in love easily and it's very dangerous cause aside from bride price issue both IBol men and women are very promiscuous mostly women

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter User Narrates How Neighbor's Live-in Girlfriend Got Married Without Him / VIDEO: 14yrs Boy Forced To Marry His Girlfriend After He Chops & Pregnanted Her / Twitter: A Guy Makes Deceive People into Borrowing Huge Amount Of Money From MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.