Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? (48623 Views)

Why Do Most Breadwinner Wives Deprive Their Husbands Intimacy In Marriage? / Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? / Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2020
2buffagain:

These days women too are making money. What are you doing?
I personally don't consider broke girls who are looking for men to support them.

Barring special occasions in life i.e childbirth, I would rather she go make bank and then we can pay for maid and cook when we want to relax.
Also, I like nice gifts too. It's not meant to be one-way.
Power couple 4 life.
It is what it is.

Your gender mates are planning to be doctors, engineers, lawyers, and successful business people.
You are here planning to be a leech.

Loser.
You making it about money again. Women are indeed making money but a man's focus shouldn't b latched on a woman's finances. Anyways it's obvious you a kid who wanna play with d big leagues. Your comprehensive capabilities are lacking unfortunately.

P.S, NO WOMAN IS HAPPY BEING FINANCIALLY DEPENDENT ON A MAN. Let that sink into your soft skull OK.

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2020
crackkhaus:

Money makes the world go round...

He who pays the piper dictates the tune...

Etc. Etc..

I thought you were all about the reality of things? Now you're talking about God.
When was the last time you opened a Bible? Abeg rest... cheesy
All join.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by 2buffagain(m): 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Reverse is the case. Right from time immemorial women spend men's money and the man should b a man and know how to handle the situation. Her crime is being extravagant but this male in question has older sibling leeching off him and him leeching off the op.

You say this

and now you are trying to back out of it.
Having lost the argument, the next thing is to be calling your father "small boy" for not tolerating your excesses.
No be today una foolishness start.

Keep on being the loser you desperately plan to be.
We definitely aren't checking for your type.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 5:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
2buffagain:

You say this

and now you are trying to back out of it.
Having lost the argument, the next thing is to be calling your father "small boy" for not tolerating your excesses.
No be today una foolishness start.

Keep on being the loser you desperately plan to be.
We definitely aren't checking for your type.
Are u even stalking me? Baba go hustle and stop cooking eye in a girl's money. If you are a good person, it won't take rocket science for her to please you too.

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by kem6811: 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
ugtz1lrkwh
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by IyaTola: 9:29pm On Apr 18, 2020
*The Burial... How They have Put a Nation in Jeopardy*

_...All Animals are equal, but some are more equal than others_

First they broke lockdown rules by flying him from Abuja to Lagos.

Then they treated him privately at First Cardiology in Ikoyi, Lagos despite positivity and isolating other positive members of the public in isolation centres, some people by force despite personal protests.

Then they flew his Covid 19 positive body back to the Federal Capital Territory from Lagos for burial.

Then they broke all the rules of how a Covid 19 dead body should be handled during a pandemic.

They released his body for burial contrary to what *Lai Mohammed* openly said that Covid 19 dead bodies cannot be released for burial.

Then almost 500 - 1000 people gathered for the burial effectively breaking their own Federal Government rules that not more than 20 or even 50people can gather together at a point in time.

All rules of social distancing that the government is enforcing on the population blatantly broken.

Most of them blatantly wearing N95 respirator masks and Surgical masks that our healthcare workers don't have to manage and safely treat members of the public who might need any other form of treatment at this point in time in hospitals.

Then, they dug a shallow grave for the body in the centre of town, gudu cemetery, Abuja.

However, some of the present there neither wore masks or any other PPE especially the grave diggers.

A man in Green native without PPE even touched the body whilst helping the workers in PPE.

Some workers in PPE were even seen touching their faces and goggles after touching the COVID 19 positive body with some's clothes seen to visibly be running around the dead body from their PPE as they lowered the body into the shallow grave.

And the body was buried in just white traditional robes. No protection nothing for the people, or the environment.

No protection from possible thieves/scavengers who may want to come scavenge dead bodies in the middle of the night after burial.

No accounting for or planning that every one at the burial must self isolate for 14 days after the burial.

How is this leading by example? How does a government make the rules and then shamelessly break the rules on National Television for all to see.

How does a government blatantly put its population at a risk for a pandemic which is now ravaging the nation at 3% death rate as opposed to a death rate of 2% seen in other countries

I am ashamed of this government.

Abuja should brace for impact in the next 14days.

The aftermath, like a pregnancy that cannot the concealed.... God have mercy on us all!

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Blaze232(m): 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
Relationship is responsibility... If you're not ready to shoulder responsibility, just let go.

My candid advise

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by joyandfaith: 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

I've been a guest for a couple of years now, created an account to seek advice

My dear nairalanders, does it always end well marrying the Breadwinner of a family? He's the last born with 4 elder siblings but they all depend on him.

Yes, I knew he was the Breadwinner from day one but I thought with time, everyone else will be able to stand on their own, but it hasn't happened yet, we've dated for 3yrs now and he doesn't support me financially. I don't complain but he feels entitled to my money and when I get tired of him always asking me to lend him some money and decide to say no, he nags and tells me I'm not being supportive enough.

This is driving me really crazy cause he reminded me of how unsupportive I've been to him and his family, he's driving me insane, you can't possibly put the responsibility of your family on my shoulders, that's crazy and insensitive, over the years, I've borrowed him nothing less than 500k which I know for sure he's never giving back.

Is it normal to be in a parasitic relationship whereby the female remains the host that's being fed on?

I'm only 24 while he's 31.

He is not your man. you are wasting your time. too much of romantic novel or movies are not good.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Avalancheman: 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

My dear nairalanders, does it always end well marrying the Breadwinner of a family? He's the last born with 4 elder siblings but they all depend on him.

Yes, I knew he was the Breadwinner from day one but I thought with time, everyone else will be able to stand on their own, but it hasn't happened yet, we've dated for 3yrs now and he doesn't support me financially. I don't complain but he feels entitled to my money and when I get tired of him always asking me to lend him some money and decide to say no, he nags and tells me I'm not being supportive enough.

This is driving me really crazy cause he reminded me of how unsupportive I've been to him and his family, he's driving me insane, you can't possibly put the responsibility of your family on my shoulders, that's crazy and insensitive, over the years, I've borrowed him nothing less than 500k which I know for sure he's never giving back.

Is it normal to be in a parasitic relationship whereby the female remains the host that's being fed on?

So no better person has approached all this while Is that why you are stuck with him

Sometimes, you need to let go of what you have to get something better... cool

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by AgentGoat: 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

You better run.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Avalancheman: 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
IyaTola:
*The Burial... How They have Put a Nation in Jeopardy*

_...All Animals are equal, but some are more equal than others_

First they broke lockdown rules by flying him from Abuja to Lagos.

Then they treated him privately at First Cardiology in Ikoyi, Lagos despite positivity and isolating other positive members of the public in isolation centres, some people by force despite personal protests.

Then they flew his Covid 19 positive body back to the Federal Capital Territory from Lagos for burial.

Then they broke all the rules of how a Covid 19 dead body should be handled during a pandemic.

They released his body for burial contrary to what *Lai Mohammed* openly said that Covid 19 dead bodies cannot be released for burial.

Then almost 500 - 1000 people gathered for the burial effectively breaking their own Federal Government rules that not more than 20 or even 50people can gather together at a point in time.

All rules of social distancing that the government is enforcing on the population blatantly broken.

Most of them blatantly wearing N95 respirator masks and Surgical masks that our healthcare workers don't have to manage and safely treat members of the public who might need any other form of treatment at this point in time in hospitals.

Then, they dug a shallow grave for the body in the centre of town, gudu cemetery, Abuja.

However, some of the present there neither wore masks or any other PPE especially the grave diggers.

A man in Green native without PPE even touched the body whilst helping the workers in PPE.

Some workers in PPE were even seen touching their faces and goggles after touching the COVID 19 positive body with some's clothes seen to visibly be running around the dead body from their PPE as they lowered the body into the shallow grave.

And the body was buried in just white traditional robes. No protection nothing for the people, or the environment.

No protection from possible thieves/scavengers who may want to come scavenge dead bodies in the middle of the night after burial.

No accounting for or planning that every one at the burial must self isolate for 14 days after the burial.

How is this leading by example? How does a government make the rules and then shamelessly break the rules on National Television for all to see.

How does a government blatantly put its population at a risk for a pandemic which is now ravaging the nation at [b]3% death rate [/b]as opposed to a death rate of 2% seen in other countries

I am ashamed of this government.

Abuja should brace for impact in the next 14days.

The aftermath, like a pregnancy that cannot the concealed.... God have mercy on us all!

How did you come about the bolded

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Punchline33: 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
What if tables turn tomorrow and he has to depend on them? It might not be financial anyway. Family is family. If ur man loves u, just stick with him and help him manage his funds better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by oldman112(m): 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

You are still dating , Nne am not against you helping a friend but do things you are sure you won't regret Tomorrow, am sure you head is telling you something while your heart is saying another thing, use your head

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SmartyPants(m): 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mariangeles:

Once you marry him, buckle up and get ready to use your income on him and his family. In no time, YOU WILL BE DRAINED!
He seems to only care about his family, what about you and your family? I'd say he's taking advantage of the feelings you have for him and your generosity.
He's what I call a MAN LEECH! A BLOOD SUCKER! He'll suck you dry and discard you when you have nothing left.
BE WISE!

Come on he is not a leech. The issue here is that he is shouldering a burden he should not and he has made the assumption that she is fine with giving him money. Clearly she has a lot of it so he doesn't feel like she minds.

Now what I see here is that the guy himself is not stingy. If he can be givung so much to his siblings, he is not stingy.

OP just needs to talk to him. His reaction at this point will tell a lot more.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

When the man supports the woman and pay all the bills, it's normal, when a woman does same she comes to nairaland and describe it as a parasitic relationship.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by 1stola: 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

You're wasting your time with him.

You need a life!
Get one.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by liz4eno(f): 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
My dear run, it doesn't end well.

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Ryan03(f): 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
Harllaby:
Honestly, the man is only being truthful to himself by asking his partner for money. So because you borrowed him 500k you feel like you can rub it on his face. The guy was never at fault from what you wrote instead you are the one that refuses to voice out your feelings by assuming he should know what you want.

Tell him how you feel and if he isn't what you want in a man, then go look for your type.
you are a fool!!!

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by bonnyhope: 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ishilove:
Chai! May God deliver us from shameless men who see nothing wrong in borrowing from a woman without repaying.

See, if I were you, talk to your legs otherwise you will just get old before your time if you make the mistake of marrying him.

You see your life?
If it were other way round now, you probably enjoy it. Women are so selfish

3 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by GreatResearcher1: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

no dear it's not normal. but if a lady was the parasite here, it'd be normal.

just brkup with him

3 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by DonMustafa: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
Harllaby:
Honestly, the man is only being truthful to himself by asking his partner for money. So because you borrowed him 500k you feel like you can rub it on his face. The guy was never at fault from what you wrote instead you are the one that refuses to voice out your feelings by assuming he should know what you want.

Tell him how you feel and if he isn't what you want in a man, then go look for your type.
Very foolish comment

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by EmperorTolson: 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

well, God blesses those that give even more than they give.
You just have to set things straight with him. if he's cool with it, well, I think you should continue your relationship. but never stop to give if you have.

*though* I feel something is fishy in ur write-up.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Ryan03(f): 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2020
Harllaby:

Imagine. But ladies can ask for money from guys 24 hrs into relationship abi?
you come online to cry 24/7 of how girls are leeches and nobody should even date a broke girl but you support it when a man is the leech? Dont go and work, keep looking for girls to depend on

3 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Filmdirect: 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2020
Harllaby:

The way you men quickly attack a woman when she has a case against a man is amazing. Where did she say she rubbed it in his face? If it were a man asking for advice in a similar scenario wouldn't you call the woman a goal digger and dependent? Please be unbiased in responding irrespective of gender. The man's family is not her responsibility, especially a boyfriend. He should be ashamed of himself.

And trying to shame her for saying no? He cares nothing about her please.

OP, leave him. He is not the sort of man you can depend on as a head of your family one day, or a leader.

3 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Alwaysachick: 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2020
The sad truth here is that, he will not marry you eventually.

Once he is financially stable, he will discharge you and marry a fresh virgin. Op I hope you have not been throwing your eggs away? Is that his hold on you? Its never too late to run except you have a rich father that has included your name in his will and assign an Estate to your name cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Ryan03(f): 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2020
jaksmillioniar:
so u want to marry him and keep him alone dats wicked. his older one dont have today dont mean dey wont have tomoro.let ur heart be clean
and this idiot resurfaced shocked

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by DonMustafa: 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mariangeles:
@ Op, what have you benefited from the relationship? That is the question you should ask yourself, because he'll NEVER STOP "BORROWING"

Poverty stricken comment. You must benefit something in return. Hungry and poor always check what they are benefiting.

Op, walk away on time from this relationship. You will grow old. The guy does not love you. You are loving him out of pity. Walk away. Save your sanity
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Ryan03(f): 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2020
jaksmillioniar:
I didnt said DAT. but wat bad in helping d one u love. no one know tomoro. his family fit blow tomoro. is Linda ikeji not helping her family today
whenever you open your mouth, only stupidity comes out
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Egoveen: 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ishilove:
Chai! May God deliver us from shameless men who see nothing wrong in borrowing from a woman without repaying.

See, if I were you, talk to your legs otherwise you will just get old before your time if you make the mistake of marrying him.
thus says the relationship expertgringrin..MANA KA M GWA GI EZIOKWU IDI NZUZU.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by InvertedHammer: 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

/
What I found unbelievable is that you stayed with him for 3 years. Worse than that is that you are considering marrying him. What's with you people with seeing all the signs and yet jump into fire to see if you will get burned? Are you that desperate that you will marry him?

\

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Alwaysachick: 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:

Smiles
I never rubbed anything on his face, I only refused helping when it was getting out of hands.

You are even so nice you had to answer that idiot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by OscarJaden(m): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2020
Ishilove:

Good day ma'ma,I partook in your giveaway the other day but i guess i was not so lucky to be chosen,help a brother in need please..even is 500 naira 0221620512 Alfred Wakdom Gtb...thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me / Man Who Constantly Beats Wife Says Cash & Good Sex Is the Reason She Can't Leave / Married Men Asking Single Guys For Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.