Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR (45039 Views)

Coronavirus: Marcelo Rebelo, Portuguese President To Be Quarantined For 2 Weeks / Coronavirus: Larfage Cement Factory Quarantined As Ogun Begins Contact Tracing / Coronavirus: China Delivers Food To Quarantined People Through A Robot (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by DrHighchief(m): 6:57am On Apr 16, 2020
Ekpan?
Erediauwa:
Anything Ekpan is all about NEGATIVITY...

Thank heavens I relocated as quickly as possible.., Most of the inhabitants in that community are either gun wielding youths, or runs girls.

Now, look at the staggering amount of Corona Virus suspect secretly quarantine in a popular Hotel instead of an isolation centre.

The truth is, Ekpan is under strong curse.

MiyeriJesu(The Demon Destroyer) tried his best to deliver the community but failed.

Listen to "Welcome To Warri" by Erigga, you'll get a clear picture of Ekpan.

Cc; Efewestern, atheistandproud.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by nams77: 7:30am On Apr 16, 2020
Erediauwa:
Anything Ekpan is all about NEGATIVITY...

Thank heavens I relocated as quickly as possible.., Most of the inhabitants in that community are either gun wielding youths, or runs girls.

Now, look at the staggering amount of Corona Virus suspect secretly quarantine in a popular Hotel instead of an isolation centre.

The truth is, Ekpan is under strong curse.

MiyeriJesu(The Demon Destroyer) tried his best to deliver the community but failed.

Listen to "Welcome To Warri" by Erigga, you'll get a clear picture of Ekpan.

Cc; Efewestern, atheistandproud.

So this boy na Ekpan product? Newton and Baro product. No wonder!

1 Like

Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 16, 2020
nams77:

So this boy na Ekpan product? Newton and Baro product. No wonder!
You nor add Ngozi and Astone join? grin
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by nams77: 7:41am On Apr 16, 2020
Erediauwa:
You nor add Ngozi and Astone join? grin
These are dead folks na
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 16, 2020
nams77:

These are dead folks na
Ngozi is one year and two months in the grave.. I don't know about Astone...

Newton Agbofodoh dey Ogwashi like this with government bangle.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by nams77: 7:49am On Apr 16, 2020
Erediauwa:

Ngozi was a friend. In his prime days i adviced him to open a trustfund savings for his kids but he refused.
Now he is 6 ft below.
For the other guy, am not really sure except i put a call to a friend
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 16, 2020
nams77:

Ngozi was a friend. In his prime days i adviced him to open a trustfund savings for his kids but he refused.
Now he is 6 ft below.
For the other guy, am not really sure except i put a call to a friend
Surprisingly, we're from the same Local Government, he was turning a new leaf before he was gun down by those gun wielding youths.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by baysol: 8:07am On Apr 16, 2020
tot:
As long as they are not in the public spreading it.
Why do we always tolerate wrong doing. Why the coverted quarantine measure if they don't have something up their sleeve. Covid 19 is not a stigma disease in the first place. They must ensure that the superior authority is aware as law abiding people. The government has put everything in place with good results to show for it. Nigeria must continue to reject this low lives who come here to disrespect us and also do same in their own countries. Covid 19 has really change the game it is no more business as usual. To hell with high horses of America, Europe, and chinese, who only believe Africa exists for exploitation. I mean what's with withdrawing your citizens from a safe country where month on month you have less than 20 victims, to a country where victims are numerous. What sort of calculation is that. Will it not have been better to help fund the existing facilities with you citizens in mind. May they never come back like some tribes we know who do same during June 12 debacle. These rubbish Americans think they are a law unto themselves and want to do in Nigeria as trump is doing in America with what result? Chevron must do the needful or ship their american Corona patient back to America where they know it all as they've done with their citizens last week. Seriously we don't need them all thieving exploiters, only our stupid government is frustrating our collective resolve. The end will justify the means.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by donrolex(m): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2020
Kobicove:
But this hotel does not look like it's big enough to accommodate 100 people from the same company undecided
That's just a picture of the main entrance...it has a couple of other buildings inside...it even has an annex, it has more than 200 rooms
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by tuslakoncept: 9:26am On Apr 16, 2020
Don't be a casualty this COVID 19 period, get on the black seed/oil train

Black seed is a unique immune booster, rich in antiviral, anti inflammatory, Anti cancer properties amongst other benefits.

Order from Tusla 07031315222

Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Pusyiter(m): 9:39am On Apr 16, 2020
I feel you
but oil company dey there and fight never pursue them abi?
Jungle never mature then
Wetin we dey see na joy of men lost angry
Erediauwa:
This is no Hasty generalization bro.. I lived in that community (Afieki and Udumovwori precisely) for 16yrs, so this is first hand information.

I equally went to the secondary school where we have timetable for fight and send letters to Don Domingo's for an invitation to fight.

The only good thing there is those oil companies in the community, but still yet, it's still backward.

Area nor wan let development enter the town with fight matter.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by donrolex(m): 10:09am On Apr 16, 2020
Erediauwa:

Funny guys
I heard they transfered newton to benin( zone 5) after his sentence..i dont know how true sha
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 16, 2020
donrolex:

Funny guys
I heard they transfered newton to benin( zone 5) after his sentence..i dont know how true sha
The last time I saw him was 3yrs ago at Ogwashi-Uku... Dude is now humble, he called me "Bros"

mauureen, come and learn.
grin
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by donrolex(m): 10:23am On Apr 16, 2020
Erediauwa:
The last time I saw him was 3yrs ago at Ogwashi-Uku... Dude is now humble, he called me "Bros" grin
Him for no humble na..that guy worry people sha
I have a feeling he will be pardoned though
Maybe okowa will pardon him before his tenure expires
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 16, 2020
donrolex:

Him for no humble na..that guy worry people sha
I have a feeling he will be pardoned though
Maybe okowa will pardon him before his tenure expires
Person wen Okowa hate? Lol, the death of Ngozi who was a special adviser to Okowa will make his case even worse.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by donrolex(m): 11:04am On Apr 16, 2020
Erediauwa:
Person wen Okowa hate? Lol, the death of Ngozi who was a special adviser to Okowa will make his case even worse.
You're right bro
But dont forget it was all politics..anything can still happen
He still got some political bigwigs behind him plus huge followers
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 16, 2020
donrolex:

You're right bro
But dont forget it was all politics..anything can still happen
He still got some political bigwigs behind him plus huge followers
Everyone has deserted Olori Damà... He doesn't listen to anyone.

OYO nah he case now, except the Ovie of Uvwie Kingdom goes to Okowa and plead on his behalf...
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Successrole(m): 11:27am On Apr 16, 2020
And there shall be weekend without ending thus said apostle corona and FG response STAY At HOME
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by Efegoma(m): 11:41am On Apr 16, 2020
Chevron response to Sahara Reporter claim on Quarantine of Personnel in an hotel in Warri.

https://www.nairaland.com/5795488/100-chevron-employees-suspected-having

PRESS RELEASE

Chevron Nigeria Limited is taking precautions against the spread of COVID-19 virus

Lagos – April 15, 2020: Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL), operator of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation/CNL Joint Venture (NNPC/CNL JV), has continued to operate safely, and without any Coronavirus (COVID-19) related incident in its operations.

CNL affirms that as a responsible organization, one of the precautionary safeguards it has put in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 virus into its operations is the introduction of a compulsory two-week supervised quarantine for all personnel returning to work at its Escravos Operations during this period of the pandemic.

CNL’s General Manager, Policy, Government and Public Affairs, Esimaje Brikinn explained that the precautionary safeguard enables CNL to provide a controlled environment for very close monitoring of the personnel during the period of the supervised quarantine. He added that in order to make this safeguard effective, all personnel will first be required to provide a comprehensive travel history before they are placed in the supervised quarantine.

Reacting to speculations that CNL quarantined some of its staff suspected of having the Coronavirus in a hotel in Warri, Delta State, Esimaje affirmed that none of CNL’s employees has contracted the COVID-19 virus. He clarified that based on the Coronavirus directive issued by the Federal Government of Nigeria regarding sustained operations in the oil and gas industry, CNL entered into arrangements with some hotels and other facilities in Warri and Lagos where their staff on rotational duties will be accommodated, and their health status monitored to ensure that they do not have the COVID-19 virus before returning to work at its Escravos Operations.

According to him, the first group of personnel scheduled for quarantine were moved to the designated facilities on Friday, April 10, 2020 and other groups will follow based on the crew change schedule and the personnel will be required to strictly maintain social distancing protocols, personal hygiene, and use of appropriate personal protective equipment during the supervised quarantine period. “We are also working with the hotels and other facilities where the personnel will be placed, to ensure that the hotels and facilities maintain high levels of sanitation and follow strict adherence to all COVID 19 protocols,” he stated.

Esimaje declared that at the end of the two-week period, only those who are certified free of the COVID-19 virus shall be moved to Escravos and that anyone with suspected symptoms during the period will be subjected to further testing and subsequently transferred to government designated hospitals for further handling in line with the government approved protocols.

“Chevron continues to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak around the world and has been utilizing the guidance of local and international health authorities. We are regularly updating our workforce and will continue to adjust plans as appropriate as we receive more information. Our top priority is to ensure the wellbeing and safety of our workforce and their family members, and we are taking precautionary measures to reduce the risk of exposure,” he remarked.

Esimaje Brikinn
General Manager, Policy, Government and Public Affairs
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:59am On Apr 16, 2020
Ecbatana:
I believe that if proper testing is carried out on the Nigerian population, a quarter of them will be positive..

If a quarter of the citizens of any country that has 1/10 of the population of Nigeria are positive, you'd see dead bodies on their roads and caskets everywhere.

Don't be overdramatic.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by WORLDPEACE(m): 12:02pm On Apr 16, 2020
tot:
As long as they are not in the public spreading it.

But the hotel workers are not being protected from the article.
Re: 100 Chevron Employees Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Secretly Quarantined - SR by DaCharis2016: 3:05am On May 05, 2020
tuslakoncept:
Don't be a casualty this COVID 19 period, get on the black seed/oil train

Black seed is a unique immune booster, rich in antiviral, anti inflammatory, Anti cancer properties amongst other benefits.

Order from Tusla 07031315222
Send me one, pls. Here's my WhatsApp line: /2349079169457

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

30 Herbal Medicine Hawkers In Kano Arrested For Using Vulgar Words For Advert / 7 Facts About Your Breasts You Must Know! / 29-Year-Old Nigerian Man Commits Suicide Over Inability To Repay Business Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.