Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt (54038 Views)

Picture Of Port Harcourt Road, Aba Befor Otti And Currently / Present Condition Of Port Harcourt Zoo: Pictures & Video / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Spiff20(m): 10:19am On Apr 16, 2020
PH at night

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by ThatFairGuy: 10:20am On Apr 16, 2020
I'm wondering how a PROPAGANDIST could be complaining of hatred(if at all there is one o). stop hyping and attributing someone's success to yourselves EVERYTIME, you are not better off other people. Your claim of developing/influencing the success of some States is propaganda and it's enough. Do and prove us wrong by developing your poverty ravaged slum regions as well. Your chestbeating is too much
XANDERBOY85:

I fail to see where i 'cheastbeated'! I talked of the Igbo influence in Port Harcourt that's been a fact of life even before the uncivil war.......are you saying this is a lie?

The problem with hate is that its a negative energy that preoccupies your entire existence.....eats you up......and makes you see every action and utterance fom those you hate in a negative light! From where i stand though, the problem is entirely yours and is a burden you freely took upon yourself to carry! smiley

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by SLAP44: 10:20am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
why will I influence Ibadan? And where did u hear that Rivers state developed Lagos?
We no deh brag for here o.
The thing is that u can only say ph is Ibo online, u no get any prove.
We will welcome u to ph wenever u want to come, just like Lagos, everyone is welcomed here

I live in my dad's house here in Dline. I am an native.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Spiff20(m): 10:21am On Apr 16, 2020
Traffic congestion. The third busiest after Lagos and Abuja which are of course former capital and present capital respectively.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Kinematics: 10:21am On Apr 16, 2020
SLAP44:

[s]Yes, Ikwerre is a corruption of the Town Nkwerre in Imo state . That's where the original settlers came from. Also listed to the two languages and you will see no difference[/s].

History fabricated in Aba, assembled in Onitsha and distributed in Owerri.

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by ChinoElects: 10:24am On Apr 16, 2020
Kinematics:

History fabricated in Aba, assembled in Onitsha and distributed in Owerri.

Are you the only one from the shithole PH? You see why are always hurt when the real PH is posted cheesy
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by XANDERBOY85: 10:25am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
why ur influence no fit save Aba? Ph is Wat it is thanks to the govt and it's people not Ibos.
No chestbeat here. Let's enjoy ph without the stupidity ppl display, u are always welcome if u plan to visit the state, we love u
Stay safe

Care to point out anywhere in my previous posts on this thread where i claimed 'Port Harcourt is what it is because of Igbos'? I hope you're well read enough to know the implication of that statement!

I think you will find Ndigbo will agree with you over the fact of poor governance in Abia state! This is one of the consequences of being under the partisan-political arrangement of 'one Nigeria' where rigging is a fact of life and the norm rather than the exception! It's this same dire Nigerian brand of partisan-politics that can throw up a crook and dodgy character as governor in Imo (via judicial heist), and a visionless and bigoted sack of bones as president who's already got one foot in the grave!
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by SLAP44: 10:26am On Apr 16, 2020
ChinoElects:

Are you the only one from the shithole PH? You see why are always hurt when the real PH is posted cheesy

This fulani man again.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by ThatFairGuy: 10:27am On Apr 16, 2020
Achievements like KIDNAPPING, PROSTITUTION, BABYFACTORY, ROBBERY and all sorts right? I feel your pain. Why haven't you recorded your so called achievements in your land locked regions? Why other regions? Don't tell me your landlocked regions doesn't worth it
XANDERBOY85:

Igbos trumpet their achievements in the face of adversity and and against all the odds! This riles you up because you're a evil, bitter and hopeless bigot! They have recorded achievements in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Aba, Abuja....and many other cities in Nigeria! Question is: why does this fact eat you up.......why get restless when they 'claim success to themselves' as you say?

Purge yourself of hate and you'll have a much better quality of life! smiley
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by SLAP44: 10:27am On Apr 16, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

Care to point out anywhere in my previous posts on this thread where i claimed 'Port Harcourt is what it is because of Igbos'? I hope you're well read enough to know the implication of that statement!

I think you will find Ndigbo will agree with you over the fact of poor governance in Abia state! This is one of the consequences of being under the partisan-political arrangement of 'one Nigeria' where rigging is a fact of life and the norm rather than the exception! It's this same dire Nigerian brand of partisan-politics that can throw up a crook and dodgy character as governor in Imo (via judicial heist), and a visionless and bigoted sack of bones as president who's already got one foot in the grave!

You are very brutal grin

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Burruchaga71(m): 10:27am On Apr 16, 2020
But still..........
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by SLAP44: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Achievements like KIDNAPPING, PROSTRATION, BABYFACTORY, ROBBERY and all sorts right? I feel your pain. Why haven't you recorded your so called achievements in your land locked regions? Why other regions? Don't tell me your landlocked regions doesn't worth it

I can feel your pain from here. Don't cry.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Kinematics: 10:28am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
why will I influence Ibadan? And where did u hear that Rivers state developed Lagos?
We no deh brag for here o.
The thing is that u can only say ph is Ibo online, u no get any prove.
We will welcome u to ph wenever u want to come, just like Lagos, everyone is welcomed here

As Rivers people we are satisfied with our own. We no be like the empty chest beaters from the barren land in the east.

We dont run to other states to seek for greener pastures, we dont travel to other places and start looking down on the natives.
We obey the laws of the land wherever we go and at the end we always remember home and come back home.

We dont constitute nuisance in other people's lands and ancestral home. You can hardly see or hear of any crime in other peoples states/homes that's linked to a Rivers man. We are peace loving people.

We are not chest beaters!!!

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Parisian: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2020
Before taking a dig at someone ensure you have properly comprehended the issue first.

Where and when did I mention the bolded. I simply said this thread is to show the "other side" of the city and that the entirety of PH is not like what was depicted in those earlier threads so what is amiss in that?

Abeg, I no get power.
Eulalia:

That neighborhood is still part of ph,isn't it? But the op is trying to make us understand pH doesn't look anything like what the other thread depicted. And this is the real pH.
I feel there's really no need for a counter thread just to prove what is not. Every city has both good and bad parts to it. So I don't know what he's trying hard to prove. Even abroad, they have ghetto areas and beautiful Areas as well.

This is not necessary, especially considering his opening remark on this thread.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by macrosomy2k(m): 10:30am On Apr 16, 2020
Covidodo:
Aba Jews and other poto poto dwellers when they see the beautiful Ikwere owned Port Harcourt
Ikwerre don't own Port Harcourt.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 16, 2020
Parisian:
Before taking a dig at someone ensure you have properly comprehended the issue first.

Where and when did I mention the bolded. I simply said this thread is to show the "other side" of the city and that the entirety of PH is not like what was depicted in those earlier threads so what is amiss in that?

Abeg, I no get power.

We are still saying the same thing, Mr.
I don't have muscle, please. tongue

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by TheMohican(m): 10:32am On Apr 16, 2020
SLAP44:

Yes, Ikwerre is a corruption of the town Nkwerre in the neighborring Imo state . That's where the original settlers came from. Also listen to the two languages and you will see no difference.

No mind them, it's possible that some ikwerres came from bini but I'm sure that the majority of them are of igbo ancestry, an ikwerres guy I knew said that one of their founding fathers name was Akalaka from bini, I asked him what Akalaka meant in bini and the guy was lost

Akalaka means destiny in oka dialect.

5 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by TheMohican(m): 10:34am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
PH is not Igbo, let's not debate this.
It was part of Biafra but not an Ibo state, there are Ibo speaking people in that state anyways which are the Ikwerre, I am from PH but not Ikwerre sha

Pikin, go sit down.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Parisian: 10:34am On Apr 16, 2020
But why you crying though? Chill it's not that deep. You can go take your pictures that won't be "touched".
richard870:
Be deceiving yourself....how do you see the BEAUTY in retouched pictures? SOMETHING WEY FINE DON FINE, NO BE BY FILTERING/RETOUCHING!

FYI: Pictures are retouched for enhancements (to look more visually appealing) wink
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by AmazingELixir: 10:34am On Apr 16, 2020
Parisian:
In this thread I'll be posting some pictures of PH which are in contrast with what we've been seeing here. In the past few days, we've been inundated with "gory" images of ph here on this forum with some people thinking those pictures represent the entirety of the city.

So, in this thread, you'll be seeing the other side of the city.

Op you try well well for this thread...the thing just dey sweet my belle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Spiff20(m): 10:35am On Apr 16, 2020
macrosomy2k:

Ikwerre don't own Port Harcourt.
Neither do the ijaws. Perhaps all the Rumu prefixes that make up 90% of Port Harcourt are Ijaws.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by SLAP44: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2020
TheMohican:

No mind them, it's possible that some ikwerres came from bini but I'm sure that the majority of them are of igbo ancestry, an ikwerres guy I knew said that one of their founding fathers name was Akalaka from bini, I asked him what Akalaka meant in bini and the guy was lost

Nkwerre people in Imo coming from Bini? This one finally off me grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by XANDERBOY85: 10:36am On Apr 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
I'm wondering how a PROPAGANDIST could be complaining of hatred(if at all there is one o). stop hyping and attributing someone's success to yourselves EVERYTIME, you are not better off other people. Your claim of developing/influencing the success of some States is propaganda and it's enough. Do and prove us wrong by developing your poverty ravaged slum regions as well. Your chestbeating is too much

South-East is a 'poverty ravaged slum'!? shocked This is news to me mate! What's your own ethnicity, region and state by the way?

The problem i see here is that with you being a Igbo hating bigot and a nasty piece of work, you look at every action and utterance from a Igbo person through your hate-tinted goggles....anything they say or do is bound to rub you up the wrong way! smiley

Where did i claim that the 'success in Port harcourt' is attributable to Igbos? Care to point out where i made this claim?

Your hate is starting to affect your cognitive abilities.....that's the little you have to begin with!

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by richard870(m): 10:37am On Apr 16, 2020
Parisian:
But why you crying though? Chill it's not that deep. You can go take your pictures that won't be "touched".
Nah, you are the one raving here...only stated an observation cheesy
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Parisian: 10:38am On Apr 16, 2020
So taking it from a site means its no longer PH? Amazing!
Bizibi:
please when you want to do something, don't crop pictures from a site and post it here. Be original.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by TheMohican(m): 10:38am On Apr 16, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:

That's not true that's the name the Igbos gave the place it wasn't the name the indigenous people named themselves it's like your parents named you Igbo and then another group of people named you Nyanmiri it doesn't mean Nyanmiri is your original name it's just the name hausas use to describe Igbos in their own language
Come and tell us the native name of Port Harcourt
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Kinematics: 10:39am On Apr 16, 2020
Spiff20:
Neither do the ijaws. Perhaps all the Rumu prefixes that make up 90% of Port Harcourt are Ijaws.

I guess your definition of PHC is just Obio-Akpor LGA, because your 90% Rumu says a lot.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by dukeprince50: 10:40am On Apr 16, 2020
TheMohican:

Pikin, go sit down.
e deh pain u abi?
No so e be, go and develop ur state so u don't attach ur self to others. Rivers no deh do attache cos we deh try develop small small.
U go just get high BP if u carry Rivers matter for head.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Spiff20(m): 10:40am On Apr 16, 2020
TheMohican:

This history is quite sketchy. That a minority tribe share close proximity with a major trbe and was heavily influenced by it's cultural landmarks doesn't mean it originated from it although that's a possibility we can't rule out. For the fact that the ikwerres have disputing thier Igbo roots means something is wrong somewhere and that history is faulty. It's not peculiar to Ikwerre and Igbo, there are some hausa speaking tribes who will tell you they're not hausa.
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by XANDERBOY85: 10:40am On Apr 16, 2020
Kinematics:

As Rivers people we are satisfied with our own. We no be like the empty chest beaters from the barren land in the east.

We dont run to other states to seek for greener pastures, we dont travel to other places and start looking down on the natives.
We obey the laws of the land wherever we go and at the end we always remember home and come back home.

We dont constitute nuisance in other people's lands and ancestral home. You can hardly see any crime in other peoples state/home that's linked to a Rivers man. We are peace loving people.

We are not chest beaters!!!

I doubt you're from Rivers State! Your hatred and bile towards Igbos is off the charts and is similar to that shown by the Fulani or some Yoruba!

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by TheMohican(m): 10:42am On Apr 16, 2020
Jack500:

It pain am. grin grin ipob monkey!

Ewedu filled skull, go and get your info and stop spewing rubbish
Re: Beautiful Pictures Of Port Harcourt by Kinematics: 10:43am On Apr 16, 2020
TheMohican:

Come and tell us the native name of Port Harcourt

Port Harcourt never had a native name. Locals even those from the LGAs that are not close to the city call it port.

Now it's called sometimes Pitakwa in pidgin english or potakot based on pronunciation.

PH has never been called uguocha abi wetin dem call am. Its Ibos from the SE call it that. It's just like the English man calling the capital of Russia Moscow whereas in the native Russian language its Moskva.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Boards Bus In Lagos With A Man Carrying Pistol (photos) / The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) / 17 People Die In Onitsha As Flood From Heavy Rainfall Sweeps Bus Into Culvert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.