Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths (51892 Views)

553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) / 12 New COVID-19 Cases Confirmed By NCDC, Total Now 151 / Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by KINGOZEK(m): 7:19am On Apr 16, 2020
Do you see what i am seeing...? Tjis Lockdown maybe extended again as the number keeps increasing Geometrically. My pocket is already red. Please help..
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by rachels: 7:20am On Apr 16, 2020
damesilver:
Well, it won’t help to heighten our fears, we are already getting used to the increasing numbers. To the dreamers saying it will soon be over, this and that, they can please save us the hackneyed consolation.

People complain that Edo state has not ordered lockdown, some are blaming the Federal government for extending lockdown, who are the hypocrites, really? A time might come when people themselves will be begging to be on an enduring lockdown without the government admonitions.
that time will never come.
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by KINGOZEK(m): 7:20am On Apr 16, 2020
Is it tru that the Chinese Doctors came the number started increasing?
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by MrBONE2(m): 7:25am On Apr 16, 2020
REDshouse:
https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1250550394847203328?s=19

Great One should save us between yesterday 11.30pm to this morning kano got addition 5 cases again making it 21case total.

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by uchrikk(m): 7:26am On Apr 16, 2020
meezynetwork:
You sell increase testing leads to increase positives.

Rather, it's increased refusal of people to stay in one place that leads to increased positives. I don't blame them. They wanted to go and find food to avoid hunger.
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by MrBONE2(m): 7:27am On Apr 16, 2020
dustmalik:

5more case this morning, Kano State now have 21cases
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by ud4u: 7:27am On Apr 16, 2020
Na waa, God will deliver us
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by sapientia(m): 7:30am On Apr 16, 2020
Seun:
We’ve seen this play out all over the world. By not testing enough, people are deceived into thinking the virus is not spreading. Meanwhile, the virus keeps spreading on the down-low. When they finally start testing, there is an explosion of new cases. In some cases the virus spreading has advanced to a point where they lost all hope of containing it and only test people with major symptoms who need to be hospitalized.

There is no alternative to testing. Lockdown and even wearing face-masks will only slow it down. Testing sufficiently can stop the virus. If you can find all the people that are currently infected and isolate them, the diseases can no longer spread. You have to keep testing as many people as you can and eventually it will get to a point where the new cases will start dropping. It happened in South Korea and Taiwan. The longer you wait, the more massive the testing you have to do to contain the virus. Not containing it is not an option.

The policy of only testing people with travel history was terribly, comically, and obviously unwise.

I dont know where they learnt the bolded.

Lockdown without massive testing is counter productive.

A single day of relaxing it as our Governors are doing makes mockery of the earlier lockdown.

Nigerian leaders were never prepared for this kinda stuff hence the confusion.
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 16, 2020
We have been on lock down for over 2weeks now.

The argument is if the virus has been spreading all along, how come people are not falling sick & possibly dying all over the country?

Unless these new cases were newly infected (or maybe the virus does not really knock down a healthy Nigerian person)
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by chrisobi1: 7:31am On Apr 16, 2020
REDshouse:
https://twitter.com/NCDCgov/status/1250550394847203328?s=19
...sorry to say but good for kano. They failed to do the needful as at when due.u cant have such population and all that and fail to take precautions ... those in that part of the north never believed there was covid now its here,they want to see ,Oya take it
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:37am On Apr 16, 2020
Salvador1:
See kano

Who is kano pursuing?
This was what I feared cry

That it does not spread to the north now look
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Lastmankc(m): 7:38am On Apr 16, 2020
I respect kano.

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:39am On Apr 16, 2020
seunmsg:

The figure from Kano is troubling because the state is densely populated. If one of those Almajiri children contracts the virus, it will spread like wildfire in the state.
That is my fear sad
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Oladele99(m): 7:41am On Apr 16, 2020
Kanos's sudden increase is very alarming, I just hope it will not get out of hand in that state and the entire northern region. undecided
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by zicoraads: 7:41am On Apr 16, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

This was what I feared cry

That it does not spread to the north now look
Are Lagosians not being more foolish?

This mindset about the entire North being a land of barbarians and savages is very nauseating.
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by sazycul: 7:42am On Apr 16, 2020
Somebody5589:
Someone should remind Lagos state that there's no reward for whoever wins the race undecided

it's premiere league table, Lagos representing Liverpool FC.
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by DarkJeddi(m): 7:43am On Apr 16, 2020
Dansuqi:

Those silly governors are better than most southern governors.gsnduje has been planning against this
Na so.. grin

We go soon see how prepared he is.. undecided
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:43am On Apr 16, 2020
zicoraads:

This mindset about the entire North being a land of barbarians and savages is very nauseating.
I did not mean it thst way nor vex.

But their lifestyle(community living) you won't blame people who think that it can easily spread there due to community lifestyle,less information and lot of illiteracy

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by uboma(m): 7:46am On Apr 16, 2020
Kuginzi:

Nice advice!! But do u think the awareness campaign of this precautionary measures is getting down to the grassroot/villages?

Unfortunately those at the grassroots do not believe that the outbreak of covid-19 is real. They believe it is just a ploy to keep them indoors by the government. Some say that the covid-19 pandemic isn't real. Here, people go about their daily lives like nothing is happening.

The government needs, especially at the grassroots, to do more in creating awareness of the covid-19 and provide preventive tips.

May God help us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by tete7000(m): 7:49am On Apr 16, 2020
Make this Covid-19 stop growing nau...
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Gabbriell: 7:50am On Apr 16, 2020
What a messed up country. Just over 5000 test so far. Shey na one pesin they do the test?.

They kept people indoor for two weeks just to test 5000 people or less upon all the money donated... cry

What is the use of lockdown if this is the rate of testing..at this rate even 3yrs lockdown can't solve the case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by nameo: 7:50am On Apr 16, 2020
Kyase:

we are heading to the peak now.
i pray our peak no pass 2k

Which peak are you talking about.

It(community transfer) is just starting and you are talking about peak.

The north is unfortunately joining the frame, with Kano leading the pack. The SE may also soon join as long as people keep travelling at night from one state to the other.

If the FG and State Govts can stop their incompetence for a moment and on the pain of serious consequences prevent inter state travellling for at least 14 days whilst tracing those who already travelled, then we are in for a big mess.

It is no longer Foreign returnees transmitting this now, but people travelling from one state to the other.

God help us all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by zicoraads: 7:52am On Apr 16, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

I did not mean it thst way nor vex.

But their lifestyle(community living) you won't blame people who think that it can easily spread there due to community lifestyle,less information and lot of illiteracy
A typical Northerner wakes up in the morning and carries his transistor radio and tunes to either the VOA or the BBC Hausa section.

Most of them are not as ignorant about world happenings as some of you think. It's not that bad.

There are a lot of slums in Lagos as well. Community transmission is a country-wide problem, not only of the North.

We have our problems, yes. But if the so called sophisticated ones had only listened and stayed in Lagos like it was being advised, we wouldn't have been here now.

So of what use was all their education and access to information?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Dansuqi: 7:53am On Apr 16, 2020
zicoraads:

Gbam.don't mind them

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Solababa91(m): 7:53am On Apr 16, 2020
Kyase:

No amjaris in Kano again, they've long been taken off to Niger etc, that's since last year before the Pandemic
. You can say they are not in the main town but in the suburbs they are plenty.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Brunicekid(m): 7:55am On Apr 16, 2020
Lorazepam:
34! Well, increased testing I suppose.
Just take a look at that Kano haba. Kano wey just join covid 19 group pack 12 new cases in one day. angry

Gandollars$$$ how far na.
Kano dey run on top this Covid-19 matter ooo... God, help us all.
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by uchrikk(m): 7:59am On Apr 16, 2020
FG, it's time to also focus on Kano before it gets out of hand. Increased positive cases are as a result of increased number of people refusing to be careful and stay at home, not because of increased testing. They will be negative if they didn't contract the virus.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by hstar: 8:04am On Apr 16, 2020
rachels:
that time will never come.
Amen
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by nameo: 8:04am On Apr 16, 2020
manontree:
Like I said earlier, this virus is fully airborne. Despite weeks of Lockdown, cases have been jumping. I, for one, fully believe that by simply breathing, transmission can occur

Masks seems to be more effective. Pls wear one whenever outside

Stay safe

Are people seeing this?

WEAR NOSE MASKS. This is the most effective way of preventing community transmission.

And this is when all our extremely incompetent Govs should start enforcing wearing of nose masks.

If i was a Gov, and any of my agants catch you outside, i might shoot you in the leg. No kidding.
Better you are shot in the leg than trying to kill people(whether knowingly or unknowingly). I will strictly enforce something that essentially saved those Asia countries close to China compared to European countries who didnt wear masks.

Of course, I will first ensure that everyone who needs food is provided for by my Govt even if it means borrowing. I will also flood the state with nose masks or ask people to improvise before coming out.

But then again, who am i kidding. This is Nigeria afterall
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by ehhmah(m): 8:06am On Apr 16, 2020
Kyase:

we are heading to the peak now.
i pray our peak no pass 2k

angry Peak
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by nameo: 8:06am On Apr 16, 2020
zicoraads:

A typical Northerner wakes up in the morning and carries his transistor radio and tunes to either the VOA or the BBC Hausa section.

Most of them are not as ignorant about world happenings as some of you think. It's not that bad.

There are a lot of slums in Lagos as well. Community transmission is a country-wide problem, not only of the North.

We have our problems, yes. But if the so called sophisticated ones had only listened and stayed in Lagos like it was being advised, we wouldn't have been here now.

So of what use was all their education and access to information?

Actually, it was northerners who travelled from Lagos to the north who are now spreading it

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by nameo: 8:09am On Apr 16, 2020
chrisobi1:
...sorry to say but good for kano. They failed to do the needful as at when due.u cant have such population and all that and fail to take precautions ... those in that part of the north never believed there was covid now its here,they want to see ,Oya take it

I dont understand why the mosques ans churches were not closed in Kano before now.

Now, shey they will still leave them opened?

Fooolish Gov

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Teacher Makes Girl Sit On Hot Water Container In Lagos, Girl Dies (Graphic Pic) / Lagos Discharges Five More Coronavirus Patients / Corona Virus Is Airborne. Infections Occur Through Aerosol Transmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.