Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths (51888 Views)

553 New COVID-19 Cases, 159 Discharged And 12 Deaths On May 30 - (1758 Tested) / 12 New COVID-19 Cases Confirmed By NCDC, Total Now 151 / Coronavirus: Three New Cases Confirmed In Nigeria - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by VillageGuyArts1(m): 11:09am On Apr 16, 2020
Somebody5589:
Someone should remind Lagos state that there's no reward for whoever wins the race undecided

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by kingxsamz(m): 11:10am On Apr 16, 2020
Somebody5589:
Someone should remind Lagos state that there's no reward for whoever wins the race undecided

The way you people steal posts from twitter ehn.... undecided

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by mechanics(m): 11:14am On Apr 16, 2020
Niger again, the borders needs to be strengthened.
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by youngay: 11:40am On Apr 16, 2020
I don't see the lockdown ending soon with these alarming figures
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Seun(m): 11:47am On Apr 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:
Testing with what? We've been able to ramp up testing through donations from Jack Ma, China and now UN
Jack Ma's 500,000 20,000 testkits landed in Nigeria on March 24. That's 23 days ago. That's a very long time in the Coronavirus era. [s]These are the same test kits that other African countries like South Africa have used to test many more people and isolate them to slow down the spread of the virus.[/s] It looks as if he gave the same number of test kits to all countries in Africa which is why the smaller countries have been able to test way more people per capita than Nigeria.

With the Coronavirus, trying to economize test kits isn't recommended. If there are 1000 infected people in the country and you have to burn through 100,000 test-kits in order to identify and isolate all of them, you should do it immediately. If you delay because you don't want to "waste" the test kits, there may be 10,000 infected people by then and you will have to test 1 million people in order to isolate and identify all of them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by zicoraads: 11:55am On Apr 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Don't be nauseated. The north is a different jungle from the south believe me. People are still congregating for prayers even in open spaces as we speak. Do you really think anywhere in the south could breed terrorism as we have it in the north? The north is as bad as people paint it believe me.
The North... The North... The entire North.

When you guys lump the entire North into one, do you not realize that the North is home to some of the highest number of ethnic groups in Nigeria?

No, the North is not as bad as people paint it. Alot of them speak out of sheer ignorance. A lot of them haven't even come close to the North. They speak of it from what they read in the media, which is always an exaggeration.

Do you think anywhere in the North could breed the number of ritual killings like the South?

We all have our stories. But some of you just allow the single story of what others say to inform your judgement of what this region is.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by SirWarlock: 11:57am On Apr 16, 2020
kingxsamz:

The way you people steal posts from twitter ehn.... undecided
As in ehn cheesy
And I used to think many nairalanders were funny on their own not knowing they get some of it from twitter cheesy
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2020
Seun:
Jack Ma's 500,000 kits landed in Nigeria on March 24. That's 23 days ago. That's a very long time in the Coronavirus era. These are the same test kits that other African countries like South Africa have used to test many more people and isolate them to slow down the spread of the virus.

With the Coronavirus, trying to economize test kits isn't recommended. If there are 1000 infected people in the country and you have to burn through 100,000 test-kits in order to identify and isolate all of them, you should do it immediately. If you delay because you don't want to "waste" the test kits, there may be 10,000 infected people by then and you will have to test 1 million people in order to isolate and identify all of them.
Really?
Jack Ma's test kits is 500k? How come our press are not calling out govt on the slow pace of testing? The media have generally painted a picture of ambience concerning this issue. If that information is available and no one is raising hell about it then I guess we're a nation of unserious people.
We're being ruled by incompetence and cool with it
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by kingxsamz(m): 12:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
SirWarlock:
As in ehn cheesy
And I used to think many nairalanders were funny on their own not knowing they get some of it from twitter cheesy

grin now you know.
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Seun(m): 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Really?
Jack Ma's test kits is 500k? How come our press are not calling out govt on the slow pace of testing? The media have generally painted a picture of ambience concerning this issue. If that information is available and no one is raising hell about it then I guess we're a nation of unserious people.
We're being ruled by incompetence and cool with it
As soon as I read this I went to double-check It seems that I was wrong about the number of test kits Nigeria got. Apologies to everyone:
"Let me announce that we have received donated safety and test kits from the Jack Ma Foundation in China. The supplies are:

– 100,000 Face Masks
– 1,000 Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
– 20,000 test kits"
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/magazines/panache/jack-mas-coronavirus-testing-kits-reach-nigeria/articleshow/74829029.cms

I remember seeing the 500,000 figure somewhere. I figured that we got 50% of Jack Ma's 1.1m test kits because of our huge population:
Ma announced a donation of a total of 1.1 million testing kits, six million masks, and 60,000 protective suits and face shields to help the continent in its fight against the new coronavirus last week.
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/16/africa/jack-ma-donate-masks-coronavirus-africa/index.html

But they shared the test-kits equally with all 54 countries in Africa (54 * 20000 = 1080000 or ~1.1m test kits), which is unfortunate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Seun(m): 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Testing with what?
We've been able to ramp up testing through donations from Jack Ma, China and now UN
Could you give us more details about how the tests are conducted and what reagents and machines are needed to conduct them? Thanks.
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by chocboi78(m): 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2020
Permit me to say that abuja is totally free.
4 new updates and no case
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Torie8(f): 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2020
Pls stay safe and stay at home

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Jamesbiodun(m): 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2020
Kano is trying to outrun Lagos, all these results are SCAM, they should just tell us the lock down will last for 3month
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
Seun:
Could you give us more details about how the tests are conducted and what reagents and machines are needed to conduct them? Thanks.

From what I heard from a doc, the NCDC used to use reagents in the lab to conduct the tests initially. The test kits given by China now can work with a PCR machine which are available in most Federal medical institutions. These test kits can be fed into the system and the results culled from the screen unlike the former one of using reagents which takes about two days or so for the reagents to complete the chemical processes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Egajiemmanuel4: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2020
[quote author=Salvador1 post=88489614]See kano
if care is not taking, kano cases will be worst
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Temysteve(m): 7:18pm On Apr 16, 2020
Amotolongbo:
pursuing Lagos
Kano has always wanted to compete with Lagos before now, most especially for population.

Center of Excellence vs Center of Commerce

The northern part of the country has just begun her COVID19 journey.
E sure me say DAT kano will rack up 50 cases in 2 days
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Xtvafrica: 4:06am On Apr 17, 2020
Why is the whole world on lockdown because of one country?
This videolooks into this in details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL8lJXBaBlw
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Xtvafrica: 4:11am On Apr 17, 2020
More foreign vaccines may be headed to Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmUZdU_bFK8
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by seunmsg(m): 6:11am On Apr 17, 2020
Simplyleo:
Attention! Attention!! Attention!!!

seunmsg, don't fall for any trick. With the attendant hardship in this lockdown, guys are desperate.

Look at the comment directly above this post. Your comment was quoted and your username was changed and replaced with mine. Click on the quoted username, it will direct you to your username and the comment.

In the event a PM is sent to you with that moniker, it is certainly not me. I don't send PMs anyhow and I dont beg for money, cos I'm contented with my little "30k BMC allowance", lol grin grin grin. Though, I don't know if one has already been sent to you.

My username is simplyleo. The disguising one is simpiyleo, but uppercase of the letter "i" was used to make it appear as simplyleo. Pls check it very well. The first time this was done, the positions of the i and l were interchanged. This is the other version. Be very careful. Same man praising you everywhere following your recent display of generocity. Check the date of registration.

I will report the case to mods tommorow for necessary action.

If you remember, I have advised you to exercise caution regarding PMs. Just alerting you ahead.

Take a look at the screenshot below in case he later modify it.

Modified: As suspected, he has modified. But the screenshot is as shown below. HINT: The time in the screenshot (10:53pm on Apr 16) and the one above, same thread are exactly same.

Here is the comment he quoted and modified the username:

And in an attempt to cover up this bursting, he modified most of his comments with the moniker and has started making other cover up comments, even trying to deny being simplyleo. Check the time of this my post and the time those his cover up comments were made.

Cc sarrki corrinthians commentor.

Thanks for drawing my attention to the cloned moniker. To be honest, I didn’t notice the difference until I saw your post. I won’t be responding to any PMs at all as advised. Thanks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Simplyleo: 7:42am On Apr 17, 2020
seunmsg:

Thanks for drawing my attention to the cloned moniker. To be honest, I didn’t notice the difference until I saw your post. I won’t be responding to any PMs at all as advised. Thanks.
Of course, it can be noticed by me alone since it is my moniker. When I come across a comment not made by me but with "my moniker", I will certainly investigate. He is up there cancelling his comment to cover up. I will alert the moderators now.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by Corrinthians(m): 7:48am On Apr 17, 2020
Simplyleo:
Attention! Attention!! Attention!!!

seunmsg, don't fall for any trick. With the attendant hardship in this lockdown, guys are desperate.

Look at the comment directly above this post. Your comment was quoted and your username was changed and replaced with mine. Click on the quoted username, it will direct you to your username and the comment.

In the event a PM is sent to you with that moniker, it is certainly not me. I don't send PMs anyhow and I dont beg for money, cos I'm contented with my little "30k BMC allowance", lol grin grin grin. Though, I don't know if one has already been sent to you.

My username is simplyleo. The disguising one is simpiyleo, but uppercase of the letter "i" was used to make it appear as simplyleo. Pls check it very well. The first time this was done, the positions of the i and l were interchanged. This is the other version. Be very careful. Same man praising you everywhere following your recent display of generocity. Check the date of registration.

I will report the case to mods tommorow for necessary action.

If you remember, I have advised you to exercise caution regarding PMs. Just alerting you ahead.

Take a look at the screenshot below in case he later modify it.

Modified: As suspected, he has modified. But the screenshot is as shown below. HINT: The time in the screenshot (10:53pm on Apr 16) and the one above, same thread are exactly same.

Here is the comment he quoted and modified the username:

And in an attempt to cover up this bursting, he modified most of his comments with the moniker and has started making other cover up comments, even trying to deny being simplyleo. Check the time of this my post and the time those his cover up comments were made.

Cc sarrki corrinthians commentor.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: COVID-19: 34 New Cases Confirmed. Total Now 407, 128 Discharged, 12 Deaths by akanbiaa(m): 10:56am On May 02, 2020
rOsy247:

That man s wicked
6th insult

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Teacher Makes Girl Sit On Hot Water Container In Lagos, Girl Dies (Graphic Pic) / Corona Virus Is Airborne. Infections Occur Through Aerosol Transmission / How To Cure Premature expulsion And Satisfy Your Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.