Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) (97111 Views)

Man Dies After Drinking Competition In Kaduna / The Big Fish We Caught During Our Lockdown Expedition. / Lockdown: US Destroys Tons Of Food As Farmer Can’t Get Buyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by TruthinAction: 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2020
May his blood be upon our leaders who divert the monies meant for the poor this period.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by zedman1(m): 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
Chi59:

Why don't you use yourself as a Guinea pig by going 40 days without food? Talking rubbish
He is actually right, this news was meant for one purpose - to cause unnecessary arguments during this time. He didn't die of hunger, he never could have, the picture speaks volume. If I were an investigator, I'd go first for the guy who took the photo and asked why he concluded it was hunger. I'd start from there.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by quadfire: 4:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
SafariBoy:

Brother abeg have mercy on my condition too! I have exhausted my foodstuffs. I am seriously hungry now. God bless you and other kind-hearted nairlanders as you help me out. O.A.A 2001690611 Zenith bank
Done
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by hidhrhis(m): 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2020
quadfire:

Sent
thanks a lot sir i really do apreciate ur kind gesture May God reward u abundantly as u put a smile on my face today
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Johel(m): 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2020
How are we sure if it won't be extended?�...I hope not.
CrudeSon:
This is serious!!!!It is only a week left!!just hang in peeps
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by morningsta(m): 4:50pm On Apr 16, 2020
Fixednaijablog:
According to PinnaDesk:

https://m.facebook.com/pinnadesk/posts/241893407189418

While none can deny the difficulties many families are going through on account of the ongoing lockdown, I doubt the authenticity of this report. The picture may have just been imported from another unrelated matter as is usually the case these days. How else do you explain a story like this without names, location where the incident happened etc.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by MyOpinion1(f): 4:51pm On Apr 16, 2020
And all the governors are lying on camera that they are sharing food stuff to the people...
Infact Akeredolu is busy sharing his own to his party members using their ward leaders...
I just pity the masses who would not think with their common sense when this pandemic is over
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:52pm On Apr 16, 2020
RIP seriously there is hunger in the land, God help us. but wait oooo, people still dey build house despite these lock down so,
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Chuzoetoh(m): 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
Martinola:

Exactly my thought
It angers me when some folks on this forum conderms people who flout the lock down order to quench their hunger.
bro I tell you, some people are opportuned DAT even when they are angry n rejecting food, peeps will come to their room knocking n begging dem to eat..... Whosai d poor man, make d poor man no comot outside hustle, no food for am.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Warmaterial(m): 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
goldony:
Its quite possible that he went to work on an empty stomach,as u don't knw how cruel the contractor that pay all of them at the building site could be. Talkless of now even d rich wld still explain to you how he needs to stock up his house n awaiting bills, many are not givers, to be honest.
my sister u don experience life daz y u no. Forget those fools talking trash here how one can survive without food for 40days which they have not experienced b4
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2020
quadfire:

Sent
You are blessed for your act of kindness
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Chuzoetoh(m): 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2020
It's a pity... It's easy for the rich to stay in their homes comfortably for years Dan for the poor to stay in their room even for a minute... If em no comot em no go chop. The govt has failed us but yet we've never gotten sense.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Galactico4ever(m): 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2020
Rubbish Post! You took a pic of a man resting and you come here and lie just to get recognition abi?
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by FINESHIRT(m): 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2020
oakin:

Why are you so devilish, you Photoshop a picture and instigated people to your country, your generation will surely enjoy from your work.

Hello, I didn't get you. What are talking about?
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 16, 2020
CrudeSon:
This is serious!!!!It is only a week left!!just hang in peeps
How sure are you that they won't extend it?
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Johel(m): 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2020
I believe it was when babangida came into power Nigeria began to fall,i remember my dad bought two big new televiosions for 50Naira before babangida got into that powerful seat,the moment he stepped in,our currency first lost its value,now its worse..Only By God's grace can this great Nation be revived,Moreso,i really don't think Buhari is the problem,i believe "The cabals" Are...May God epp us.[color=#000099][/color]
Kidskywalker:
It will not will be well with lugard and associates who formed this pitiful disgrace of a country.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Slimsly100(f): 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2020
tolexy007:
This is no more funny again o, infact as am typing this now now Fufu kolobe (fufu without soup) is now 80 naira..RIP to the dead

Are you from ondo state Bros?
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2020
The problem is..

The leaders are not aware people are suffering and dying because of their audio coronavirus disease in Nigeria
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 16, 2020
quadfire:

Done
Thanks
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by redsun(m): 5:06pm On Apr 16, 2020
lawalosky:
Nigerian is too big for a single person to handle.
Disintegrate this country, to know who to hold accountable.
Even in a point where governors have a role to play, they will still point and shift blames to the federal government.
#DisintegrateNigeriaToday

If you like divide Nigeria a million times, it I
will still be the same mentality of self-destruction rather than self-esteem.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by CrudeSon: 5:11pm On Apr 16, 2020
Pattypatt:
How sure are you that they won't extend it?

I know what I am saying,only a full week and you are free to do any legal things.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by luluosas(m): 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2020
Hunger is a deadly killer
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by nedekid: 5:13pm On Apr 16, 2020
KingAzari:

And he did not ask the person he was working for to give him even 5 hundred naira to eat and get the balance of his pay at the end of the day? Stop this nonsense.
Na wah for you. It's like you have not seen suffering and I pray you don't.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 16, 2020
tolexy007:
This is no more funny again o, infact as am typing this now now Fufu kolobe (fufu without soup) is now 80 naira..RIP to the dead
I wish I could help you but I am also struggling
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by zeeek(m): 5:15pm On Apr 16, 2020
Its a pity, just wait for the next election and watch our youth chanting party slogans, hailing and praising politicians who buys their votes with just 200naira and 2 cups of rice. Unfortunately even if d few sensible ones that voted based on capacity, will have their votes given to the incompetent ones because they belong to a certain party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by amosedwin1: 5:17pm On Apr 16, 2020
Thanks this person that show me love in the face of adversity.
Your Acct 305XXXX132 Has Been Credited with NGN1,000.00 On 12-APR-2020 07:08:26 By FBNMOBILE:SALAMI OLADOYIN AKEEM/Nairalan. Bal: NGN1,735.81CR
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by shogsman(m): 5:26pm On Apr 16, 2020
ozoebuka1:
angry
Ozoebuka1 said so...

This is what will happen;

1. We will all gather here and insult our politicians intelligently.

2. Yorubas will get angry when you insult a particular politician from Yoruba, so will igbo and Hausa.

3. In the next election, we will still vote a person who we know won't perform well just because he came from our tribe.

My verdict is this...
I am stupid, lazy and docile.
The op is stupid, lazy and docile.
The first person that commented is same.
So is the last person that will comment...
All of us are the same, because all we are good at is complaining online. What we get is what we deserve!!!
You deserve a cold beer

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by TGM2015: 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
Fixednaijablog:
According to PinnaDesk:

#COVID19NEWS
His crime was to be a NIGERIAN.
This caught me crying, tears roll down my chick.
What a lost of life!

He was just hungry and decide to go out in the morning to do this casual work, in the bucket is a mixture of cement and sand.
Truly people are Dying in hunger, life is becoming pathetic.

He fainted while mixing Cement and later gave up the ghost....

Please try to feed someone!
Let's show love to humanity!
#ThisTooShallPassBy
#WeShallRecover
#FamPleaseStaySave

sometime i wonder if our leader sleep at night knowing that their actions have resulted to countless number of people not able to live a decent life with simple common amenities that do not require MUCH to do.
#Dhf
#SafeALifeToday
#CrimeKillers

https://m.facebook.com/pinnadesk/posts/241893407189418

Collapse because of hunger and the the cement is still instant. People can die of hunger not when people are around him. Anyway, I can not see people around him, are they telling me that in a construction site, it is the same person that is mixing cement that will still carry the cement to those laying the blocks?

My condolences to families that have lost their love ones to this pandemic. May the souls of those that have die rest in peace.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by walexsho(m): 5:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ayoefa:
Naija and fake news.

So who conducted an autopsy to determine that he died of hunger?

Do you people know that someone can go for 40 days without food? As long as you stay hydrated, you can survive for 40 days without food.

All these fake news is just pathetic and sad. There are people who needs help and even I have been giving family and friends helping hand to buy food and stuffs.
He could have died due to many other reasons. In fact he will be almost skeletal before he can die of hunger.

FAKE NEWS

says who... not everyone can withstand hunger, the moment the nervous system still tell the brain hunger is at stake, the digestive enzymes will torment the stomach which may lead to death. you can only understand my point If you have ever witnessed stomach pain from ulcer.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 16, 2020
josen16322:
Nelson Mandela quote-Wen a group of people decide 2 do somtin together there is notin dat can stop dem meaning there is power in numbers,many poor people will surely die of hunger we as a citizen a time is coming if don't fight 4 our right we are all doom cry

Good one bro, until we are ready to die fighting for our right our unborn generation will suffer more.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2020
He was just hungry and...

So, someone was aware of his situation but chose to act when it is newsworthy.

If hunger or fear of hunger doesn't push man to work, what will do?

I care less about the authenticity of this News, but I think captioning and propagating news just to make people feel unfortunate (being a Nigerian) is very unnecessary.

Blaming others is one thing but when you start condemning your essence in the name of questioning your ignorance, you will end up creating hell in your subconscious; even in paradise, you'll be experiencing hell.

Hate induced revolution will self destruct even if it succeeded, let alone a revolution born out of condemnation.

Everything in life is a process and one has to flow with it. Nigeria may not be good for your earthly ambitions, but what if there are other higher purposes? What if you are your own problem? What if you aren't in a wrong country?

Never allow hatred into your heart, even if you have every reason to. Once hatred has good grip on your heart, your senses will only be attuned to negativity. Hence, your actions becomes destructive even when your intention is good.
Re: Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) by xclusivedeal(m): 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2020
Someone should help a brother O. Hunger has finish me and my family. 0137638837 Gtbank.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) / This Breakfast I Gave My Husband / Lady Refuses To Eat Out Of The Assorted Meat She Sells In Okokomaiko, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.