Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories (2229 Views)

Nigerian Man Marries With ‘fake’ Genotype, Abandons Wife With ‘sickle Cell’ Kids / Fake Stories Everywhere / Son Pranks Father With Fake SMS Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by megareal: 10:42am On Apr 17, 2020
Op, God bless you for your kind heart. I think one of the criteria to watch out for are those who register just recently. You may know a genuine Nairaland person who need help from their history. If you read up on their comments and posts, you may get an idea into who they are.

Also, request for a snapshot with the day's paper and any other thing you need that may not be easily fixed.

I'm not going to discourage you from giving because I know there are some people who genuinely need help and a few bad eggs shouldn't stop us from doing that.

Thanks one again for being a good person.
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2020
osadebamen1:
God has a way of paying them back bro.....just watch.....it's painful when they use their useless reggae to destroy others who really need help and assistance......it's well
...It's really bad bro.
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
BLUELemon:
any one with genuine need for help doesn't need to open a new moniker to beg. They will post with their main moniker. Once it's a new moniker, just know that they are scammer. If you need help, you won't be shy about asking.

I personally would only help monikers opened 2018 downwards. Any 2019 upwards will have to do whatsapp verification video call. It may seem strict but it's better than taking a givers generosity for foolishness
I concur

1 Like

Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by lecoeur(m): 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
haven't commented on a begging related thread before but this one's somehow...
If because of this you wanna stop helping people I guess you're in the wrong path.
it's quite difficult depicting real beggars from fake ones but I think I have an idea, I'm trying to do a little giveaway but with these things I'm seeing it's getting me discouraged.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Kokoboss: 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
lecoeur:
If because of this you wanna stop helping people I guess you're in the wrong path.
it's quite difficult depicting real beggars from fake ones but I think I have an idea, I'm trying to do a little giveaway but with these things I'm seeing it's getting me discouraged.
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Kokoboss: 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2020

1 Like

Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
Some of we nigerians are moved by sob story, thats why these scammers are cashing out big time.

Some will come with 'my wife is in the hospital another will come with 'all the people in my family are dying' another will still come with 'i had an accident I'm unable to walk, I need money to survive'.

Whereas people have pleaded for help on this forum to revive their business, to startup a business, to make something meaningful with their lives, even to loan them, no one answered them but are quick to tell a sob story teller "send your account details".

I know no one owes anyone anything, but if you're willing to help a sob story teller, be willing to help those that has something to offer humanity.

And that guy that has been posting pictures of his family lying on a bed, I've seen that picture used by numerous handles on Twitter.
well op just help the ones you can and let their conscience judge them.
Patapata the money no fit last them do better thing
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Kokoboss: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2020
Bozzyironlady:
Some of we nigerians are moved by sob story, thats why these scammers are cashing out big time.

Some will come with 'my wife is in the hospital another will come with 'all the people in my family are dying' another will still come with 'i had an accident I'm unable to walk, I need money to survive'.

Whereas people have pleaded for help on this forum to revive their business, to startup a business, to make something meaningful with their lives, even to loan them, no one answered them but are quick to tell a sob story teller "send your account details".

I know no one owes anyone anything, but if you're willing to help a sob story teller, be willing to help those that has something to offer humanity.

And that guy that has been posting pictures of his family lying on a bed, I've seen that picture used by numerous handles on Twitter.
well op just help the ones you can and let their conscience judge them.
Patapata the money no fit last them do better thing
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Garrieveryday: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
lecoeur:

Don't be discouraged please. Some of us are truly in need of assistance.
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by joinnow: 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
BLUELemon:
any one with genuine need for help doesn't need to open a new moniker to beg. They will post with their main moniker. Once it's a new moniker, just know that they are scammer. If you need help, you won't be shy about asking.

I personally would only help monikers opened 2018 downwards. Any 2019 upwards will have to do whatsapp verification video call. It may seem strict but it's better than taking a givers generosity for foolishness
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by joinnow: 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
lecoeur:
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Kokoboss: 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by joinnow: 5:23pm On Apr 19, 2020
cool
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2020
joinnow:

My is genuine and old timer since 2011
Any help from your end
I’m so so afraid and worried right now.How long will this last for? Total lockdown. If I can’t go to hustle, how will I get money ? And if I don’t have money, how will my family 3kids eat? cry. Nothing to eat
you that you stay in Texas and Japan

post your account number let's see how it goes
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by joinnow: 6:49pm On Apr 19, 2020
undecided
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by pocohantas(f): 6:56pm On Apr 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Someone who claims to be a poor dad of twins and you think 35k will miraculously turn into 35m and he'll stop soliciting for more money?

It's indeed wrong if the said man got no twins and is simply a lazy youth. Don't expect those who beg to stop because you gave them abi are you not in Nigeria again?

Harsh but true.
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by ibkayee(f): 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2020
Scammers make it bad for the genuine ones. That’s why I don’t blame people for stringently vetting (to the best of their ability) people and their identification before sending money.

1 Like

Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by cococandy(f): 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
I sent some money to someone on this forum who said he’s a widower too.
It’s not the same name and that person was able to show me identification to show that he’s who he said he is.

But it’s eerie that their stories are the same.
And it was also weird that the account number he provided was not the same as his name although he had an acceptable excuse for that.

Now it’s all making me wonder.

However, I don’t regret a thing. I only give what I can afford to lose . Also, I don’t expect small assistance to make someone not need money anymore. But if you see them all the time making same request over and over again, then it means they are making a career out of it and that’s not fair to the givers who are sacrificing what they have to help others.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
BLUELemon:

pls sir,I'm currently learning programming and have no internet....I don't need money,just airtime
Air tel
Pls help a young teen
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
cococandy:
I sent some money to someone on this forum who said he’s a widower too.
It’s not the same name and that person was able to show me identification to show that he’s who he said he is.

And it was also weird that the account number he provided was not the same as his name although he had an acceptable excuse for that.

However, I don’t regret a thing. I only give what I can afford to lose . Also, I don’t expect small assistance to make someone not need money anymore. But if you see them all the time making same request over and over again, then it means they are making a career out of it and that’s not fair to the givers who are sacrificing what they have to help others.
pls sir,I'm currently learning programming and have no internet....I don't need money,just airtime
Air tel
Pls help a young teen
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
lecoeur:
Air tel
Pls help a young teen
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Kokoboss: 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=cococandy post=88628337]I sent some money to someone on this forum who said he’s a widower too.

However, I don’t regret a thing. I only give what I can afford to lose . Also, I don’t expect small assistance to make someone not need money anymore. But if you see them all the time making same request over and over again, then it means they are making a career out of it and that’s not fair to the givers who are sacrificing what they have to help others.[/quote...
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Onego(f): 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Just as there are fake, so also there are genuine ones, but one thing I will want you to understand is that every sincere giving has a reward.
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Lavendra(f): 9:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
if you want to help people, just help, if you don't want to back out. Last last you helped. it doesn't matter if the person you helped was genuine or not. you played your part as human!
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Quietly(m): 12:00am On Apr 20, 2020
How can you know d real or d fake,never judge a book by it cover,as far as you are alive...nobody knows tomorrow,(don't pray 4 you to be like that...)but probably nobody wanted to beg in his lifetime, you maybe in same condition tomorrow,but (who knows)..@sweecunt9

1 Like

Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Quietly(m): 12:05am On Apr 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by nahzyla: 12:38am On Apr 20, 2020
OP please do your giveaway
The man probably needed more than 35k to take care of his family, maybe houserent or something was due.

Sorry about how all this hurt you but just know that givers never lack. Thank you
Re: Those Online Beggars Are Fake. They Come Online With Fake Stories by Nobody: 1:31am On Apr 20, 2020
True. I am a genuine needy person. I recently went through operation at the teaching hospital that almost cost my life. I spent all my dime and life savings even though I am a professional but find it hard to stabilize yet or build my personal firm due to the situation in this country. To say life is tough for me is putting it mildly. I owe about 2 loan app, and I am just depressed and tired as there is no hope in sight for me before and recently before this covid 19 chaos. I am miserable and need help. I am not giving out much details here but I can oblige you on whatsapp. Please help and give a brother a lifeline. You can contact me on whatsapp sir 08159443858

BLUELemon:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are Your Names And What Do They Mean.? / My Own Biological Sister Abandoned Me / Men Can't Get Away With There Cheating Habit (lie Lie To Lie Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.