Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,486 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

The Waiting Vulture (picture) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Waiting Vulture (picture) (692 Views)

Lady Kept Waiting By Her Date Narrates What She Did / Yoruba Demon Keeps Lady Waiting On A Date And Gleefully Watches / Sanchoka Waiting For Doctor On Hospital Bed With Sexy Pose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Waiting Vulture (picture) by Robisky001(m): 9:03pm On Apr 16, 2020
I can't actually find the right caption for this thread. But I find it worth sharing especially when it seemed like we've lost human sympathy, and more concerned in taking photos in the event of circumstances that we could actually control if we'd acted.

This was the Circulated Photo of a vulture waiting for a starving Sudanese girl to die so it can feast on her.
It was taken by Kevin Carter, a prolific photo journalist, during the famine of 1993 in Sudan.
This photo later won Kevin the Pulitzer prize for an exceptional caption.

However, Kevin later got depressed and took his own life four months after his world wide celebration as a skillful photographer.
He fell to depression. His depression began when during an interview (a phone-in programme), someone asked him what happened to the child. "I did not wait to see what happened after this shot as I had a flight to catch.... "And the person replied, "I put it to you that there were two vultures that day; one had a camera". This statement sank Kevin and as he constantly thought of the statement, he got depressed and ended his own life.

In whatever we do, let's consider humanity first before what we can gain.

Kevin Carter, may still have been alive today had it been he helped that little child.

We have not truly lived, until our lives have become the stars and sunshine of someone else.

Search within you and if there is that one Person you feel you can help in this period, start now tomorrow might be too late.

1 Like

Re: The Waiting Vulture (picture) by Zyzxx10: 9:08pm On Apr 16, 2020
Robisky001:
I can't actually find the right caption for this thread. But I find it worth sharing especially when it seemed like we've lost human sympathy, and more concerned in taking photos in the event of circumstances that we could actually control if we'd acted.

This was the Circulated Photo of a vulture waiting for a starving Sudanese girl to die so it can feast on her.
It was taken by Kevin Carter, a prolific photo journalist, during the famine of 1993 in Sudan.
This photo later won Kevin the Pulitzer prize for an exceptional caption.

However, Kevin later got depressed and took his own life four months after his world wide celebration as a skillful photographer.
He fell to depression. His depression began when during an interview (a phone-in programme), someone asked him what happened to the child. "I did not wait to see what happened after this shot as I had a flight to catch.... "And the person replied, "I put it to you that there were two vultures that day; one had a camera". This statement sank Kevin and as he constantly thought of the statement, he got depressed and ended his own life.

In whatever we do, let's consider humanity first before what we can gain.

Kevin Carter, may still have been alive today had it been he helped that little child.

We have not truly lived, until our lives have become the stars and sunshine of someone else.

Search within you and if there is that one Person you feel you can help in this period, start now tomorrow might be too late.
Bro God bless you for this.If I was financially stable I would have helped a lot of people.God knows because I'm on the other side of the divide also looking for help to sustain myself this isolation period.But may God bless you for this compassionate post and this words give me hope that they are still some people who can take this country to a better place.We haven't truly lived if people cannot testify of their lives being changed by us.How I wish I had money to help those truly in need.Thank you bro.
Re: The Waiting Vulture (picture) by Robisky001(m): 9:11pm On Apr 16, 2020
Zyzxx10:

Bro God bless you for this.If I was financially stable I would have helped a lot of people.God knows because I'm on the other side of the divide also looking for help to sustain myself this isolation period.But may God bless you for this compassionate post and this words give me hope that they are still some people who can take this country to a better place.We haven't truly lived if people cannot testify of their lives being changed by us.How I wish I had money to help those truly in need.Thank you bro.
I pray help come your way soon.
Re: The Waiting Vulture (picture) by Zyzxx10: 9:22pm On Apr 16, 2020
Robisky001:
I pray help come your way soon.
Thanks bro.I pray God will help us all.

(1) (Reply)

Never Dump A Lady That Stood By You / A Lady Threaten To Rape Me / “don’t Take Her Serious If She’s Younger Than 23”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.