Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line (31996 Views)

Anybody Having Delay With Shipment With Grimaldi Shilling Line? / Grimaldi Destruction. / Update: issue with Autoelectng resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
chukel:
no way this car came in through Lagos port. It must be cotonou.
Lagos port,infact same HOEGH SINGAPORE that got delayed in the port for 3 months.

I am still in shock.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by chukel(m): 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
dannybrasky:

Lagos port,infact same HOEGH SINGAPORE that got delayed in the port for 3 months.

I am still in shock.
wonderful. One goat will come tomorrow and be bragging how he bought 2012 Camry for 3.2m and the "greedy" ones are selling 4m. Na like this o.

3 Likes

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
owo4mii:

In my previous advice on these Page, it was said both the agent and the delear/owner has their parts in short payment.

But the works hand to hand for price negotiation on clearing either Higher or Lower.
But what matters most is that am sure they will have do 2 things while taking the vehicle down to Abuja, depending on the route taken

1. Increase the price on the duty by making another document while going and settled little or

2. Face the normal settlement of the taskforce on the road with a wavier after payment.

It's a normal practice, if I can say it that way

Normal practice.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
chukel:
wonderful
I fear for the would be buyer,the day he chooses to cruise the car on an interstate journey! Benin/ warri customs are not lenient,them no get joy at all.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by chukel(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
dannybrasky:

I am still in shock.
how did that car leave the port. Most Abuja dealers like having nothing to do with legitimate custom duty.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
chukel:
wonderful. One goat will come tomorrow and be bragging how he bought 2012 Camry for 3.2m and the "greedy" ones are selling 4m. Na like this o.
Now you get where I am coming from! I was just being diplomatic about the whole scenario earlier.
Dealer is a known person to me,buyer preordered the car for N3.1m. Dealer told him he would deliver the car for that amount,and yes he did by slashing custom duty and not informing buyer.

Yes,awoof dey run belle,buyer would find out someday if the god of cars are against him grin
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
chukel:
how did that car leave the port. Most Abuja dealers like having nothing to do with legitimate custom duty.
They might have devalued it,downgrade the year or so,all clearing agent has to do is bribe the customs agent that would be inspecting the car. I dont know if this wuruwuru scam still works.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by chukel(m): 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2020
dannybrasky:

Now you get where I am coming from! I was just being diplomatic about the whole scenario earlier.
Dealer is a known person to me,buyer preordered the car for N3.1m. Dealer told him he would deliver the car for that amount,and yes he did by slashing custom duty and not informing buyer.

Yes,awoof dey run belle,buyer would find out someday if the god of cars are against him grin
now I realise how some of these guys sell at ridiculously low amounts. Sometimes i wondered if they have a different place they buy from. Or I only purchase when auction prices are high. I will hold my head high and never deviate from what is right no matter circumstances.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by dannybrasky(m): 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
chukel:
now I realise how some of these guys sell at ridiculously low amounts. Sometimes i wondered if they have a different place they buy from. Or I only purchase when auction prices are high. I will hold my head high and never deviate from what is right no matter circumstances.
Preach it bro,preach it!!
Trust me I do feel same way too,like am I buying expensively or are those cheap sellers selling accidented or flooded cars. Truth is some buy good cars but slash duty to recover profit.

I know someone that sells brand new 2019,2020 prados,g wagon's and hilux for 5m to 10m lesser than the market price. How him dey take do am? He smuggles through NIGER( NO DUTY) . He is smart enough to sell to only politicans and big men who move around with police and soldiers.
Which custom go stop governor or senators convoy to ask for duty? None.

2 Likes

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Oneplus: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
The car is already in Benin from lagos but have to settle customer crazy demands at Ore and Benin. I dont want this trend to continue whenever am doing interstate movement.

Secondly what is the surface duty for 2013 camry. And how can i rectify the shortfall in payment, though the agent that cleared it rip me off almost 1.5m collected yet custom issues

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

owo4mii:

Which state are you taking it to
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Oneplus: 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
Please what is the surface duty outside charges and other expenses for 2013 camry.

Thanks for your response

Oneplus:
Thanks for the explanation

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Yemi1119: 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
Please how do i confirm the amount paid as duty on a car?

Also, is the duty payment suppose to have a hand written receipt
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by egin88: 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
Pls house
Who hv clear his/her vehicle from Grande Nigeria.?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Oneplus: 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
Please what is the surface duty outside charges and other expenses for 2013 camry.

Thanks for your response
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Osteve2(m): 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
Is anybody expecting a vehicle from Grimaldi on 30/6/20?
I'm expecting a vehicle from Providence port. The last time Grimaldi updated me was 5/6/20.
Please hope all is well?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by owo4mii(m): 8:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
Oneplus:
The car is already in Benin from lagos but have to settle customer crazy demands at Ore and Benin. I dont want this trend to continue whenever am doing interstate movement.

Secondly what is the surface duty for 2013 camry. And how can i rectify the shortfall in payment, though the agent that cleared it rip me off almost 1.5m collected yet custom issues

Well, although the Benin custom are always demanding because the actual price given out are always compromise to the normal duty. The surface duty based on compromise is 885k and total duty to be #1, 223,000k.

Then you just settle them, because they will negotiate with you. But a readiculus amount of money.

Have at the back of your mind that you will always keep some money for road trips apart from clearing, even the agent paid high or lower.

Sorry for the inconvenience, just get your self prepared
in case you have another transaction
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by owo4mii(m): 8:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
Yemi1119:

Maybe you attached a copy of the valuation from custom to be able to explain better or the hand written document you talking about
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Mendy31: 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Osteve2:
Is anybody expecting a vehicle from Grimaldi on 30/6/20?
I'm expecting a vehicle from Providence port. The last time Grimaldi updated me was 5/6/20.
Please hope all is well?

Grande Sierra Leone ?
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by chukel(m): 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Oneplus:

what is the amount on the documents you have. Let's start from there.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by chukel(m): 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2020
egin88:
Pls house
Who hv clear his/her vehicle from Grande Nigeria.?
I have. Luckily, not one pin was taken from it. I'm shocked cos it's thumb start and they left the key fob intact for me.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by chukel(m): 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
Yemi1119:

to avoid all this wahala, I pay the duty myself. Let you agent do the valuation, then send you a snapshot of the valuation paper. Either go to a bank or pay online. That way you pay whatever is valued yourself.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by chukel(m): 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2020
owo4mii:

Well, although the Benin custom are always demanding because the actual price given out are always compromise to the normal duty. The surface duty based on compromise is 885k and total duty to be #1, 223,000k.

Then you just settle them, because they will negotiate with you. But a readiculus amount of money.

Have at the back of your mind that you will always keep some money for road trips apart from clearing, even the agent paid high or lower.

Sorry for the inconvenience, just get your self prepared for another transaction
they only collect OD of 1k from me except the useless Benin post before bypass that Will collect 2k or 3k

1 Like

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by egin88: 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
chukel:
I have. Luckily, not one pin was taken from it. I'm shocked cos it's thumb start and they left the key fob intact for me.
When did u clear urs
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by chukel(m): 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2020
egin88:

When did u clear urs
came out this evening.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by egin88: 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
chukel:
came out this evening.
Thanks for ur response, my agent hv not clear mine, am still waiting to hear from him
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 8:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
chukel:

You are very lucky sir. Those thieves no dey take eye see thumbstart key fob.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by chukel(m): 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
Fogman:

You are very lucky sir. Those thieves no dey take eye see thumbstart key fob.
yea. But not very o. On closer inspection, they took the 2 Sun visors. Those things are 15k each. But I'm still happy about the key fob.
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by chukel(m): 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
egin88:

Thanks for ur response, my agent hv not clear mine, am still waiting to hear from him
guy relax. It doesn't work like that. I started this process before the vessel arrived. So it was swift. Would have come out yesterday if not for the network issue they had. I'm sure you started after you confirmed the car had been discharged. Relax.

1 Like

Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by owo4mii(m): 9:13pm On Jun 18, 2020
chukel:
they only collect OD of 1k from me except the useless Benin post before bypass that Will collect 2k or 3k

Ok, Just take care of yourself and have it mind that after each transaction, you keep change for road trips
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Osteve2(m): 9:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
Mendy31:

Grande Sierra Leone ?
Yes please
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by Fogman(m): 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
chukel:
yea. But not very o. On closer inspection, they took the 2 Sun visors. Those things are 15k each. But I'm still happy about the key fob.

My 08 Highlander Limited, they took the key fob and replaced my battery with a dead China battery
Re: Unending Delay: Please What Is The Issue With Grimaldi Line by tosheeba(m): 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
owo4mii:

Sorry for the inconvenience, just get your self prepared for another transaction

No, I’m not agreeing with the point , as far as you have paid the right compromised duty given to you from the customs valuations without Paying below what is given to you and everything is on the system , you are free to move around except you paid below what was given to you , that’s when you can be scary of moving around .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Checkout This Nigeria-made Mobile Mechanic Truck (photo) / Thinking Of Going To Mars? This Land Rover Vehicle Is A Perfect Ride / CNG Price Fall To N200/scm, Markerters Unveil More Stations In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.