Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed (20063 Views)

Abdullahi Adamu: APC Will Do More If Nigerians Support Us In 2023 / Second Wave: No Fresh Lockdown, Lai Mohammed Insists / Lockdown: Lai Mohammed To Journalists "Your ID Card Is Your Pass" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 17, 2020
I support it, Only there are very selfish gains attached to it.
Its for our safety, but leaving them hungry is not a wise idea entirely!
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:02am On Apr 17, 2020
Let's settle it like gentlemen... If you are in support of the lockdown press like if you against hit share.... Let's go guys

1 Like

Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:
78% shocked

No be the same Nigeria we dey

How many people you don interview since you dey lockdown for this Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by femmy2010(m): 10:06am On Apr 17, 2020
Mikehot:
Yes we support it but should be practised as it is globally.

Government must give palliative to those under lockdown who can't work for money.

And if the government can't give palliative, it must ensure a total lockdown that includes the north (which is currently under little to no lockdown and getting palliative for not complying)

You can only compare us with happenings in developing countries like us.
Would be unfair to use happenings in highly developed UK, US, GERMANY, RUSSIA etc as dominant of what governments should do.
Let's compare our doings with countries with a similar level of development. Countries like Egypt, South Africa, Algeria, Morocco, Brazil, Tunisia, Mexico, Angola etc.

May God heal the world.
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by TiyTrip: 10:07am On Apr 17, 2020
This man always sounds annoying.
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 17, 2020
monfizzy:

If north goes on a total lockdown like you’re envisaging you won’t see the food to eat to be able to have strength to type this. Be guided.
Oga let the lockdown be called off if it can't be effective
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by PrivateNsofor: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2020
[s]
post=88533916:
It is for their own good.

We never want to see our citizens dyijg like chickens on the streets like what we see in some countries abroad even with all the medical equipment available
[/s]
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 17, 2020
Kriss216:
I Chris, is honorably one of the 22% that didn’t support the Clovid-19 lockdown.
Enforcing use of face/nose masks and massive testing would have been a better option.
You can’t lockdown the country and be carrying out just 4000 test daily in a country that has over 200M people.

4000 tests daily?

Story.

Should be around 300 tests daily
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by oluwasegun007(m): 10:10am On Apr 17, 2020
Statement like this is why Nigerians don't respect this man..
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by AmazingELixir: 10:11am On Apr 17, 2020
lipsrsealed

The legendary Lai has added to his scary portfolio of decèit "brandishing of unverified figures".

Anyways the the fact remains that the lockdown is inevitable if the virus spread is to be contained, the US has developed a 3_phase approach at returning their country to normalcy... this audacious move came about by strick enforcement of the lockdown in endemic states and social distancing guidelines followed by the important improvements in their testing with revolutionary new testing methods in addition to the Lab based ones.

As at last count the united states were doing over a million test per day and counting.

Nigerian needs to up the ante especially on improved testing numbers and methods to wrestle this virus to a stranglehold.
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Ginomel(m): 10:11am On Apr 17, 2020
chuksbaby:
i don dey fat for house.

my wife they cook delicacies.

because small funds dey sha..

but majority of Nigerians are not happy, who depends daily jobs

before they eat

But meanwhile, if you can be coming online, why not learn a skill this period

mod unban me in biz section biko

why are you telling us that you are eating good food.

You don't need to taunt those starving.

Find people around you or online and share with them. At least support them with a little fund if you think you can.
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Educonomist: 10:12am On Apr 17, 2020
What Are the measures used in determining this statistical outcome or is it just a mere assumption?
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Godformeeeeeee: 10:13am On Apr 17, 2020
The APC lead govt lying stooge.
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by ehbellsho(m): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2020
chai! thus man has started again. where did they do the collation? how do they arrive at that percentage?

Lai Lie
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by kunletexs: 10:15am On Apr 17, 2020
One, where was the poll taken because me no see shit called survey paper

Two, before this fool called lieing mohammed start beating his chest, make people enlightened status came from foreign television station because as we all know, the news Nigeria gives is downloaded from foreign news.

If na USA now, mi support am as par I get entitlement to government food, and the $1200 but in Nigeria, na scam. The first two weeks, useless politicians were just mocking Nigerians like mad. Giving a whole Street on ghana-must-go with spoilt beans.

Lastly, is that the status of lie mohammed needs checking. Why?, simply because as a father, I can't imagine my children watching me from the television dropping lies like broken records like Eidres and still promise me that he would buy bicycle for me, MEANS NA AUDIO PROMISES be that o.
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by qenneth: 10:15am On Apr 17, 2020
I don't understand the way this man called Lai Mohammed talks as if he's in the mind of Nigerians.
How can a normal human being say that 78% of Nigerians like the lockdown? Well, i won't blame him because he's using
Nigerians blood (looting monet) to feed his family. Nemesis will pursue him and the entire generation.
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Onaiwu1: 10:16am On Apr 17, 2020
How did they come up with these 78% which i believe they are the one hiving this figure. Fake government
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by kehnton(m): 10:16am On Apr 17, 2020
Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/78-of-nigerians-support-covid-19-lockdown-fg/

I do not support the lockdown.
The whole covid19 thing is a scam and those behind it are winning while the blind masses are suffering!
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by BigSam13: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2020
even if 78% support,do you do the needful
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Ginomel(m): 10:19am On Apr 17, 2020
monfizzy:

If north goes on a total lockdown like you’re envisaging you won’t see the food to eat to be able to have strength to type this. Be guided.

What are you saying. there should be a lockdown in the north for effective action.

Food vendors are exempted in the south, why not so in the north.

Nigeria system is too one sided, always favouring the northerners living at the expense of the southerners, no wonder they don't want any restructuring or break.
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Luckydubby7(m): 10:20am On Apr 17, 2020
Is this not a fake news?
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Rufai1314(m): 10:21am On Apr 17, 2020
Baba lie lie, well done sir.
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by thugmansion(m): 10:21am On Apr 17, 2020
GMB should be very wary of the man. He will bring about the total downfall of this government.
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Advancedman(m): 10:21am On Apr 17, 2020
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by nsiba: 10:22am On Apr 17, 2020
What he is trying to say is that 78% never supported the lockdown
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by McKayConcept(m): 10:23am On Apr 17, 2020
yes, but one more thing.
let those 78% be at home and allow the 22% go out with their daily activities

maybe we might find out those who really support the lockdown

1 Like

Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by blackboy(m): 10:23am On Apr 17, 2020
Lia ...I mean lie. How he take arrive at the 78%
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Monday60655(m): 10:24am On Apr 17, 2020
Is it Liar Mohammed that still pronounce Covik 19 during that interactive session yesterday.
Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Humility017(m): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2020
Mikehot:
Speak for myself as how, even the most civilised countries in the world utilize lockdown social distancing as a tool to curbing the virus

you're very callous

you saying this because you've got something to eat how about those that dwell on daily survival via their meagre trade ?

it makes me think you would do worse than this crop of politicians up there who only care about themselves and forget others

1 Like

Re: 78% Of Nigerians Support COVID-19 Lockdown – Lai Mohammed by Jack500: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2020
Lorazepam:
Lockdown is nothing without MASS testing abeg.
This survey is even suspicious, what was the sample population used for the survey. These ones will just bring skewed data. Imagine saying 99% of Nigerians are aware of covid 19 cheesy grin cheesy

What do u guys means by mass testing of a thing? They can't test all people now, they can only test suspects, those showing symptoms and those in contact with confirmed cases, do u guys expect them to start picking people on the street and start testing them.

The reasons why US and other countries seem to be carrying out a lot of testing, is because their are a lot of people with contact with confirmed cases already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Condemns Killing Of Nasarawa APC Chairman, Philip Shekwo / Southern Governors’ Resolutions: ACF Backs Open Grazing Ban / 2023: Northern Christians Reject APC’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.