Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment (5496 Views)

Father Raped His 3-Year-Old Daughter In Anambra While His Wife Was In Labor Room / Binomo Scam On Instagram / Binomo Investment Tries To Scam Valar Morghulis On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by fredopareto(m): 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
It is greediness.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Xisnin(m): 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
Taeewo:
Sometimes i dey always think say this people dey use juju to scam but na lie..

Na girls mumu past wey dem fit scam...

How would some one ask me to send 20k n received the double in few hours times..
You are wrong.
Most of their victims are men.
Most women don't have the mind nor means to gamble with money.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Xisnin(m): 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2020
Taribizy:

Thank you so much sir. This is a very good advice and I like the part you said report the page and go to the bank to try to get your money. As for the police, they may not have the understanding or technical expertice to handle cyber crime. Ja police shoot first then ask questions later. Pls let us do what we can to help spread this information to unsuspecting people
Posting on social media has little to no effect.
If you search Nairaland, you will see many scam stories involving these same people.
But that didn't stop your wife from falling victim.

If you really want to make a change, take it up with the police or EFCC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Certified007: 8:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Taribizy:

Nina I think. Chai, me and my wife laughed hard over this one. This means we may need to pay more attention to BB9ja. How did we not know that they used Nina's picture?

Asin.. I weak oh boss.... Prolly they use voodoo... Nothing Africans aiint capable of... Very sorry for the loss... Maybe you can track nigga down with the account details.. I hope its possible

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

but this is a common scam on Facebook and telegram nah.. I just cant believe people are still falling for this

Yes, this is exactly why we need to publicize such scams. Someone somewhere will read this and escape the Binamo scams
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 9:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
davillian:

Once you see bimamo or investment just run for your life

True word. Every Binamo investment is a scam.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 9:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
bid4rich:
When perwon with experience meet with person with money, the person with money will get the experience and the person with experience will get the money

They are many on Telegram too in fact Telegram is their base.
This is so right. I just pray that people will learn from our mistakes: Don't invest in any Binamo scams
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 9:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
stevmatt15:
I know this woman on facebook
With many of them claiming to be Custom Staff
I just give them insult and run away

Yes please spread the word. All those customs staff on Facebook with cheap cars and free rice are all scams. Joy Binamo is a scam

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 9:39pm On Apr 17, 2020
KingMicky3286:

Call your bank to effect the arrest of the bank account owner.

Thank you. This is a route we are pursuing and will update you if we can bring down the syndicate of OGIES MARVIS OSAIGBOVO NEE JOY BINOMO INVESTMENT
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Ibechris2: 9:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
Taribizy:

Well you may say she was greedy. This lock down is challenging the idea of living on savings alone. As for the errand boy part, my wife is a business woman she is industrious and I trust her judgement to a certain limit because we are not perfect and can still make mistakes. I gave her the benefit of doubt

Thanks for the info...leave them let them be saying whatever they wish. At least u have educated us.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by supercase1(m): 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
[quote author=Taribizy post=88541472][/quote]
U are just been foolish it's not an insult m, how can you fall to this cheap scam this joy binomo sef wey wan scam me for Twitter I try to hook the babe up make I run am but she no gree fall nor knowing say she be sophisticated scammer grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
Lamanii22:
I almost fell for this investment rubbish... They usually sound real though, they'd say something like "I am a woman too, I have a family, I have conscience" and the likes lol

You nailed it. They will use emotions to convince you into their scam. Please learn my friends, don't invest with your emotions, use your head

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Candanyl: 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
Taribizy:

Well done sire, please spread your wisdom so that others may learn from you: Spot the scammer from a million miles away

You dont need 'plenty wisdom' to know this now .Simple common sense is all you need to know that no investment will 'Thriple' your funds in few hours grin.I just cant believe people still fall for this type of scam amidst economic meltdown and pandemic but its good, lessons learnt .

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
bmdmixer:
sorry to say but ur wife is not just smart, so shes is still believing that invest n get paid in several hours is real haba
This is all the more reason we should get this information out into public space. Scam tactics keep evolving and we must not relent in publicizing their scams
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2020
bmdmixer:
them full every where and also avoid people who call the name of God

I fear those ones more. Lying with God's name is so dangerous that I will give scammers this free advice: DO NOT LIE IN GOD'S NAME
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
fredopareto:
It is greediness.

Yes some part greed, some part ignorance
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 10:28pm On Apr 17, 2020
Xisnin:

Posting on social media has little to no effect.
If you search Nairaland, you will see many scam stories involving these same people.
But that didn't stop your wife from falling victim.

If you really want to make a change, take it up with the police or EFCC.
Yes eventually we will take it up at the bank and with the police. This is just the first step. Never underestimate the power of good publicity when fighting against crime.
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Certified007:

Asin.. I weak oh boss.... Prolly they use voodoo... Nothing Africans aiint capable of... Very sorry for the loss... Maybe you can track nigga down with the account details.. I hope its possible
Thank you my friend

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 10:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
supercase1:

U are just been foolish it's not an insult m, how can you fall to this cheap scam this joy binomo sef wey wan scam me for Twitter I try to hook the babe up make I run am but she no gree fall nor knowing say she be sophisticated scammer grin

You're lucky you didn't hook up with your Binamo Twitter scammer because he is a guy. I'm sure you didn't know that. We all make mistakes, spread the word and let others learn from your mistakes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 11:32pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ibechris2:

Thanks for the info...leave them let them be saying whatever they wish. At least u have educated us.

Thank you boss

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 11:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
Candanyl:

You dont need 'plenty wisdom' to know this now .Simple common sense is all you need to know that no investment will 'Thriple' your funds in few hours grin.I just cant believe people still fall for this type of scam amidst economic meltdown and pandemic but its good, lessons learnt .

You're so right I will repeat what you said; "No investment will triple your funds in few hours.'' It is a scam, Joy Binamo is a scam
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Torg77: 5:02am On Apr 18, 2020
Taribizy:
Scam Alert:
Yesterday my wife asked me to transfer some money to someone. She said she will transfer the money to me from her account to send to the recipient which she did. She normally does this because the bank app that I use will generate a proof of successful transfer (transaction) which her phone could not do. When I asked her for the purpose of the transaction she was silent at first, then later she said it was a business transaction and will give me the details later. Fast forward to about 8:00p.m, my wife was sad and said honey let me open up to you, I have been scammed.

The scammer is: OGIES MARVIS OSAIGBOVO using the alias of Mrs Joy Binomo Invesment on Facebook and Twitter.
Their Strategy: They search for their unsuspecting victims on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram promising to triple whatever cash investment in two (2) hours. They will ask you add them up on Facebook so that you will see evidence of success and yes their page will blow your mind away with success stories. Then you may believe and get added on Whatsapp. That is where they’ll give you the account to invest.
First Red Flag: You are asked to transfer into an Access Bank account name: OGIES MARVIS OSAIGBOVO
And send a proof of payment to them on Facebook. To me I was not cautious at this point and forgot about the transaction.
Second Red Flag: They told my wife that she will be paid in next two hours which was to be by 7:00p.m. because the transaction was done around 5:00p.m.
When she opened up to me that the transaction had failed she made a post on Facebook tagging Mrs Joy Binomo Investment as a scammer and shared on her page. Would you believe it that these scammers had prepared for such alarms, they delete every negative post on their page and block the sender. They blocked my wife from their page. They did this so that unsuspecting victims may never see such posts, thereby never believe or fall for their scams.
Third Red Flag: It later becomes obvious that all the so called success stories were forged by themselves. It is after they have blocked that you will know that you have been scammed.

See here a similar story on Nairaland of a fake Binomo Investment.
Mods Please help move this to front page so that unsuspecting victims will not fall for the Binomo Scams
Help us close the scam accounts of MRS JOY BINOMO INVESTMENT AND OGIES MARVIS OSAIGBOVO

You and your wife are fools..greed was the reason you got scammed.if truly those people could double money,they would be using their own money and would have become billionaires. You are a fool añd I'm sad you didnt sell your house and give them the money. They should have taken your house too
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2020
Torg77:

You and your wife are fools..greed was the reason you got scammed.if truly those people could double money,they would be using their own money and would have become billionaires. You are a fool añd I'm sad you didnt sell your house and give them the money. They should have taken your house too

You are just a wicked fellow. You appear sadder than I and my wife who lost real money to Joy Binamo Scam. Please look up the word empathy, you lack it greatly. This is a Free tip for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2020
Thank you all for your comments and interest in helping us publicize the scams of Joy Binamo and Ogies Marvis Osaigbovo. They are scams and mean no good to any one they get their hands on. Hopefully we will physically take down their syndicate and put them behind bars.
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Blackfire(m): 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
Poor people will be shouting they scam them...

Give me there contact I have better money to drop, shebi they triple my investment or deposit.

I want to invest #2 naira.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
Blackfire:
Poor people will be shouting they scam them...

Give me there contact I have better money to drop, shebi they triple my investment or deposit.

I want to invest #2 naira.

The poor get scammed as well as the rich. I will tell you for free, Joy Binamo is a scam on Facebook, Instagram, IMO and Twitter. No one can triple your funds in 2hours. I'll also give you another free tip; don't be quick to call anyman poor
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Torg77: 6:45am On Apr 20, 2020
Taribizy:

You are just a wicked fellow. You appear sadder than I and my wife who lost real money to Joy Binamo Scam. Please look up the word empathy, you lack it greatly. This is a Free tip for you.

And look up the word greed..you don't lack it at all LOL

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Torg77: 6:47am On Apr 20, 2020
Taribizy:

And look up the word greed. you don't lack it at all LOOOL and as far as free tips go,I don't need free tips. You are the one looking for free money and that's if your story is true anyway maybe you are just trying to get people to donate to you. Just another scam
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by irunoko(m): 7:15am On Apr 20, 2020
Taeewo:
Sometimes i dey always think say this people dey use juju to scam but na lie..

Na girls mumu past wey dem fit scam...

How would some one ask me to send 20k n received the double in few hours times..
lol.cant give scammers shiii no matter how sweet their mouth is.i met one scammer too like that he said the minimum investment that I can invest in his investment for money doubling is 100k

I say if I give you 100 naira how much will I collect back? cheesy

Scammers work with your greed.a contented person cannot fall into their crafty merchandise only the greedy and if you must take a risk with your money with scammers make sure it's money you can afford to loose or if you loose it won't pain you

E.g10 naira,20 naira or maximum of 100 naira

Scammers don't like calculative and logical people.na greedy and emotional people they like wink

If you are logical them no go near you wink

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by kunleham(m): 11:09am On Apr 20, 2020
Taribizy:

Thank you so much sir. This is a very good advice and I like the part you said report the page and go to the bank to try to get your money. As for the police, they may not have the understanding or technical expertice to handle cyber crime. Ja police shoot first then ask questions later. Pls let us do what we can to help spread this information to unsuspecting people
This is EFCC case. Please report the case.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Buhari Shot Dead by Gunmen! / Disturbing Photos: More Pix From The Cultist Clash in Calabar South. / See Two Female Thieves Stripped And Lynched By An Angry Mob (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.