Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment (5483 Views)

Father Raped His 3-Year-Old Daughter In Anambra While His Wife Was In Labor Room / Binomo Scam On Instagram / Binomo Investment Tries To Scam Valar Morghulis On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 7:57am On Apr 24, 2020
Torg77:

And look up the word greed..you don't lack it at all LOL

I had a problem with your manner of speech and approach at first, thankfully your language has improved. We all have some traits of greed and fear. It is by how much you're controlled by it. My wife said she kept the details of the transaction from me initially because she knew I will not agree to it. So it's not my greed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 8:08am On Apr 24, 2020
Torg77:

And look up the word greed. you don't lack it at all LOOOL and as far as free tips go,I don't need free tips. You are the one looking for free money and that's if your story is true anyway maybe you are just trying to get people to donate to you. Just another scam

Your views are narrow minded and warped in error. What part of my write up suggested anyone make contributions to us? If you doubt the story why not scurry over to Facebook and see Scammer Joy Binomo waiting for her next victim? The story is true but you should learn to investigate before you speak.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 8:26am On Apr 24, 2020
irunoko:
lol.cant give scammers shiii no matter how sweet their mouth is.i met one scammer too like that he said the minimum investment that I can invest in his investment for money doubling is 100k

I say if I give you 100 naira how much will I collect back? cheesy

Scammers work with your greed.a contented person cannot fall into their crafty merchandise only the greedy and if you must take a risk with your money with scammers make sure it's money you can afford to loose or if you loose it won't pain you

E.g10 naira,20 naira or maximum of 100 naira

Scammers don't like calculative and logical people.na greedy and emotional people they like wink

If you are logical them no go near you wink

Pls allow me reply you because you didn't quote me.
You are right by saying avoid scams by controlling your greed. However, having walked on the savers road, I now know that you will eventually spend the last of your savings if you dont invest any. The solution for both of us is to learn to invest what we have in genuine businesses and avoid being scammed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Daddy46: 8:40am On Apr 24, 2020
Taribizy:
Scam Alert:
Yesterday my wife asked me to transfer some money to someone. She said she will transfer the money to me from her account to send to the recipient which she did. She normally does this because the bank app that I use will generate a proof of successful transfer (transaction) which her phone could not do. When I asked her for the purpose of the transaction she was silent at first, then later she said it was a business transaction and will give me the details later. Fast forward to about 8:00p.m, my wife was sad and said honey let me open up to you, I have been scammed.

The scammer is: OGIES MARVIS OSAIGBOVO using the alias of Mrs Joy Binomo Invesment on Facebook and Twitter.
Their Strategy: They search for their unsuspecting victims on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram promising to triple whatever cash investment in two (2) hours. They will ask you add them up on Facebook so that you will see evidence of success and yes their page will blow your mind away with success stories. Then you may believe and get added on Whatsapp. That is where they’ll give you the account to invest.
First Red Flag: You are asked to transfer into an Access Bank account name: OGIES MARVIS OSAIGBOVO
And send a proof of payment to them on Facebook. To me I was not cautious at this point and forgot about the transaction.
Second Red Flag: They told my wife that she will be paid in next two hours which was to be by 7:00p.m. because the transaction was done around 5:00p.m.
When she opened up to me that the transaction had failed she made a post on Facebook tagging Mrs Joy Binomo Investment as a scammer and shared on her page. Would you believe it that these scammers had prepared for such alarms, they delete every negative post on their page and block the sender. They blocked my wife from their page. They did this so that unsuspecting victims may never see such posts, thereby never believe or fall for their scams.
Third Red Flag: It later becomes obvious that all the so called success stories were forged by themselves. It is after they have blocked that you will know that you have been scammed.

See here a similar story on Nairaland of a fake Binomo Investment.
Mods Please help move this to front page so that unsuspecting victims will not fall for the Binomo Scams
Help us close the scam accounts of MRS JOY BINOMO INVESTMENT AND OGIES MARVIS OSAIGBOVO
something like this nearly cause a break up in a relationship the guy told his girlfriend they are scammers and she said the boyfriend is against her success and making it in life I had to beg her to calm down but she is not taken it easy with until my friend paid the money and they block her instantly her eyes and ego now came down

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by irunoko(m): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2020
Taribizy:

Pls allow me reply you because you didn't quote me.
You are right by saying avoid scams by controlling your greed. However, having walked on the savers road, I now know that you will eventually spend the last of your savings if you dont invest any. The solution for both of us is to learn to invest what we have in genuine businesses and avoid being scammed
anybody that is still swayed by all these too good to be true, vague online buisness that they won't investigate properly before giving their money to 419ers and yahoo boys to flex in quilox deserve to be scammed

Like I said earlier,if you are contented and you don't have greed for unnecessary things, scammers won't come near you talkless of lure you

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by otokx(m): 11:35am On Apr 24, 2020
They also hack Facebook accounts.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 12:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
Daddy46:
something like this nearly cause a break up in a relationship the guy told his girlfriend they are scammers and she said the boyfriend is against her success and making it in life I had to beg her to calm down but she is not taken it easy with until my friend paid the money and they block her instantly her eyes and ego now came down

Thank God that this situation of your friend you spoke about happened before their marriage. The guy may need to speak to her concerning her anger and judgement. If she cannot respect or take his advice in business now then the relationship will not last. Big egos ruin relationships. Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
irunoko:
anybody that is still swayed by all these too good to be true, vague online buisness that they won't investigate properly before giving their money to 419ers and yahoo boys to flex in quilox deserve to be scammed

Like I said earlier,if you are contented and you don't have greed for unnecessary things, scammers won't come near you talkless of lure you

Yes you are right

Just out of curiosity, what business do you invest in? A business that compliments your salary or you do 100% and what is your return on investment (ROI)?
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
otokx:
They also hack Facebook accounts.

Thank you. Yes they do hack Facebook accounts. But a useful tip i have found is never use your Facebook name as your password. It will be hacked. Please share

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
kunleham:

This is EFCC case. Please report the case.
Thank you. I don't the EFCC office around my area but I may drop it on their twitter handle and see if I get any response.
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
Taribizy:
Scam Alert:
Yesterday my wife asked me to transfer some money to someone. She said she will transfer the money to me from her account to send to the recipient which she did. She normally does this because the bank app that I use will generate a proof of successful transfer (transaction) which her phone could not do. When I asked her for the purpose of the transaction she was silent at first, then later she said it was a business transaction and will give me the details later. Fast forward to about 8:00p.m, my wife was sad and said honey let me open up to you, I have been scammed.

The scammer is: OGIES MARVIS OSAIGBOVO using the alias of Mrs Joy Binomo Invesment on Facebook and Twitter.
Their Strategy: They search for their unsuspecting victims on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram promising to triple whatever cash investment in two (2) hours. They will ask you add them up on Facebook so that you will see evidence of success and yes their page will blow your mind away with success stories. Then you may believe and get added on Whatsapp. That is where they’ll give you the account to invest.
First Red Flag: You are asked to transfer into an Access Bank account name: OGIES MARVIS OSAIGBOVO
And send a proof of payment to them on Facebook. To me I was not cautious at this point and forgot about the transaction.
Second Red Flag: They told my wife that she will be paid in next two hours which was to be by 7:00p.m. because the transaction was done around 5:00p.m.
When she opened up to me that the transaction had failed she made a post on Facebook tagging Mrs Joy Binomo Investment as a scammer and shared on her page. Would you believe it that these scammers had prepared for such alarms, they delete every negative post on their page and block the sender. They blocked my wife from their page. They did this so that unsuspecting victims may never see such posts, thereby never believe or fall for their scams.
Third Red Flag: It later becomes obvious that all the so called success stories were forged by themselves. It is after they have blocked that you will know that you have been scammed.

Mods Please help move this to front page so that unsuspecting victims will not fall for the Binomo Scams
Help us close the scam accounts of MRS JOY BINOMO INVESTMENT AND OGIES MARVIS OSAIGBOVO

I hope you and your wife have learnt your lessons.

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is not.

Always make the highlighted word above your watchword when dealing with investments.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by shegunmessi(m): 1:33pm On Apr 24, 2020
[quote author=Taribizy post=88539150]Scam Alert:

[/quote
A friend of mine lost almost 100k to dis binomo of tin
Let’s b guided,scammers everywhere
I pray such won’t befall us

1 Like

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by irunoko(m): 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
Taribizy:

Yes you are right

Just out of curiosity, what business do you invest in? A business that compliments your salary or you do 100% and what is your return on investment (ROI)?
werey.wontunde grin

Lowa customer (maga)e losi waju grin
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 4:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

I hope you and your wife have learnt your lessons.

If something seems too good to be true, it probably is not.

Always make the highlighted word above your watchword when dealing with investments.

Yes you are right. Some scams are too glaring to fall for in this day and age. Thanks sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
[quote author=shegunmessi post=88801816][/quote]

Yes sir thank you. The idea behind this post is to alert the public to the Binomo scams so that as many that will read such may never fall for the Binomo scams. A simple search on google will bring out this post and other scam alerts posted against the Joy Binomo scams.
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
irunoko:
werey.wontunde grin
Lowa customer (maga)e losi waju grin

I don't speak Yoruba but I know vulgar language when I see it. My aim is to teach and learn, so please pass on if you have neither to offer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by justdream(m): 4:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
Lol.... These same people actually scammed me lastyear. It was one yeye boy in Benin actually. After i transferred the 10k, naim my eyes open. It was on twitter, so i started tagging them to EFCC, DSS and GTBank, because thats the bank he used. E no reach 10mins, the smallie started begging me to untag the EFCC and DSS, that he will refund me my money in full. I agreed, but until he did the transfer. Naso i use get my money back o.... Be safe out there and use NOSE MASK alws. �

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by irunoko(m): 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2020
Taribizy:

I don't speak Yoruba but I know vulgar language when I see it. My aim is to teach and learn, so please pass on if you have neither to offer.
grin grin grin grin

Tell someone who understands to translate for you? cheesy
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by peacemara54(m): 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
Not only on Facebook and Twitter also on michat pls beware.

If you are a victim, pls dont be offended you are greedy.
You want to reap where you have not sowed.

What kind of magic do you expect your money doubler to perform?

Am so sure if it's real, they would have be billionaires and trillionaires by now without opening up to anyone.
Coveteousness and greediness will cost you your life someday. It's not about money only... Be careful.

This is Michat Binomo scam. They appear in different pictures and names but are scammers. Check this picture ...its one of their agents on Michat

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
justdream:
Lol.... These same people actually scammed me lastyear. It was one yeye boy in Benin actually. After i transferred the 10k, naim my eyes open. It was on twitter, so i started tagging them to EFCC, DSS and GTBank, because thats the bank he used. E no reach 10mins, the smallie started begging me to untag the EFCC and DSS, that he will refund me my money in full. I agreed, but until he did the transfer. Naso i use get my money back o.... Be safe out there and use NOSE MASK alws. �

Wow smart move. The scammer in our case used Facebook but suspect the same person handles their Twitter account. I will definitely give this a try, (tagging EFCC and DSS). Glad to know you got your money back and thanks for the tip with the use of nose mask.
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 10:35pm On Apr 24, 2020
irunoko:
grin grin grin grin

Tell someone who understands to translate for you? cheesy

No time. There are too many better things to do with time than translating a helpless comment on Nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Taribizy(m): 10:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
peacemara54:
Not only on Facebook and Twitter also on michat pls beware.

If you are a victim, pls dont be offended you are greedy.
You want to reap where you have not sowed.

What kind of magic do you expect your money doubler to perform?

Am so sure if it's real, they would have be billionaires and trillionaires by now without opening up to anyone.
Coveteousness and greediness will cost you your life someday. It's not about money only... Be careful.

This is Michat Binomo scam. They appear in different pictures and names but are scammers. Check this picture ...its one of their agents on Michat

Thank you for placing a scam alert on Mrs Adeola Binomo on Michat. They seem so numerous. Yes it has been mentioned that greed is a factor in falling for the binomo scams but more than just pointing out faults, some people here commenting are pointing towards solutions. Actions we can take to recover our funds. This is so encouraging.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by irunoko(m): 10:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Taribizy:

No time. There are too many better things to do with time than translating a helpless comment on Nairaland
yawnssss
Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by Onlinealaba(m): 12:56am On Apr 25, 2020
Lamanii22:
I almost fell for this investment rubbish... They usually sound real though, they'd say something like "I am a woman too, I have a family, I have conscience" and the likes lol
The moment someone start saying these and them include am a Christian . That's officially a red flag

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by AlphaMogul: 10:14am On Sep 17, 2021
Taribizy:
Scam Alert:

Mods Please help move this to front page so that unsuspecting
victims will not fall for the Binomo Scams
OMG!

Where you able to track these
criminal scammers with your bank and EFCC, and then get your money back?

The pictures used are stolen from
the various social media platforms.
This is the reason why I removed most of my pictures online to
avoid identity theft and increased
the strength of my social media
accounts settings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Was Scammed By Joy Binomo Investment by AlphaMogul: 11:02am On Sep 17, 2021
Taribizy:

Well you may say she was greedy. This lock down is challenging the idea of living on savings alone. As for the errand boy part, my wife is a business woman she is industrious and I trust her judgement to a certain limit because we are not perfect and can still make mistakes. I gave her the benefit of doubt
Word! You actually asked your
spouse what the payment was
meant for but she hesitated.

She was wise to have confided
in you immediately she realised that she had been scammed.

It was an error of judgement
and lessons have been learned
just like it happened to a close
relative of mine who lost N1.6 million to these same scammers who are located in Delta and Edo States and I hope the get caught.

The bastards lied their office is in Abuja, and used stolen pictures of other innocent people online.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Caught Man Masturbating In Public (Photos) / RAPE AND ITS CAUSES !!! / Heartbreaking Video Of Sars Inmates In Anambra Singing For Divine Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.