Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (64587 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Kubernetes: 10:35am On Apr 19, 2020
Wonders!!!
But I saw many comments of hate on this Gvt for not doing anything of this SIP.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Lawbouy20(m): 10:35am On Apr 19, 2020
[b][/b]instead of paying that tithe to church right now, it’s better you give out the money to hungry people.. Anyway what do I know.. Dem don reformat una brain so thinking straight to see reality is always hard..
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Agadavaa: 10:35am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?

Why 10%? He should give everything. Mumu wey never still get sense
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Arian54: 10:36am On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income
It’s just 10%

Please what job did he do to get this income?
My question to you is if it were the church that gave him this money, would still hold this opinion and why please?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by kendrick93(m): 10:37am On Apr 19, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
PLEASE DO.
JESUS NEEDS YOUR MONEY TO SUB HIS GOTV.
grin grin grin
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by AdoreHim: 10:38am On Apr 19, 2020
Tithing and alms giving or helping the needy are entirely different, let's be guided. The poster only brought this here to start an argument whether or not it's good to give tithe.

Rozz:
how?please understand the meaning of tithe very well so you won't mix things up
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 19, 2020
Rozz:
Giving to your needy neighbor is same as tithe,it mustn't be in church

Morality is not akin to rightness. If you are a Christian I implore you to adhere to God's word rather than your senses
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Macnnoli4(m): 10:40am On Apr 19, 2020
It seems you don't need this emergency money, why don't give to someone who needs it badly, you can tithe with your next salary
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Hoodgod(m): 10:41am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?
i laugh i swahili,pay tithe then drink garri at home
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Youngzedd(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

UNDERSTANDING TITHING

Read >> https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2380459938838755&id=100006243157247

Remain blessed.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by IRIEBOY(m): 10:45am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

when him get the alert? how? tell am to send the 10% to me,God will bless him
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Saintvik(m): 10:47am On Apr 19, 2020
Preferably, give the 2k to anyone around u who is in need. U must not give ur tithe to ur pastor to be blessed. I dont knw why people are overflodding this tithing issue. The benefit of tithe is physical and flesh. Why not do things with ur money that will give u heavenly reward?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by mabea: 10:47am On Apr 19, 2020
jmoore:

As usual evading the facts starring at his face.
Your pastor is not a levite. He is not a descendant of Levi.
Continue....
You people always claim smartness Let me ask you Was Mechizedek a Levite yet Abraham paid tithe to him?Also what's the difference between a Levite and a priest?

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by DWJOBScom(m): 10:48am On Apr 19, 2020
Grace001:

Whenever it comes to tithing or money matter , it always requires Holy Spirit understanding.

Chai

It’s becoming a mystery for you and others so it’s okay to refer you to higher authority.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by CHIDOHSKI: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2020
Fake news , Nairaland sales girls just posting to keep the forum busy.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by DWJOBScom(m): 10:49am On Apr 19, 2020
mabea:
You people always claim smartness Let me ask you Was Mechizedek a Levite yet Abraham paid tithe to him?Also what's the difference between a Levite and a priest?

Leave those people alone o
Money will never be enough for them so the little they give will be protested
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Judybash93(m): 10:51am On Apr 19, 2020
phelonrays:
wow cheesy what a sarcastic reply

LMAO...u see am toooo grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Danniedpastor(m): 10:52am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Bros, nobody is going to force you to tithe.
Stop looking for cheap opportunity to ridicule the church Of God.

And always know that tithing is a personal thing.

Pay if you believe. Don't pay if you don't believe because that's even dangerous.
I'm a pastor and I hardly talk about tithe .
Our God is not hungry.

Stay blessed
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by mfm04622: 10:52am On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income
It’s just 10%

The big thing people miss or should I say mix up? Tithe is meant to be from your sweat! from your harvest. Not from gifts! Students even pay tithes from allowance from parents and pastors collect! How!!!!
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by jmoore(m): 10:53am On Apr 19, 2020
mabea:
Abraham was rich before he paid tithe.
Abraham paid tithe once according to the Bible.
Abraham did not give his own belongings such as cattle, sheep etc as tithe.
He gave out his plunder from war.

Don't get me started. All tithe questions have been dealt with on this thread>> https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by dhareh: 10:53am On Apr 19, 2020
Find someone or a family around you that has nothing to feed on this time, give them
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Mtncardseller(m): 10:54am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

I don't think you need the money, just give it out to the poorest people in your neighborhood.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by olumike001(m): 10:55am On Apr 19, 2020
The fact is that this man just use this to bring out comments, there is no one that pays tithes regularly ask this kind of questions. It's the non tithe payers that carry the head ache up and down.
How long will you be stupid for things you don't even know?
Tithe is paid to honour God according to the bible Honour God with your tithe and offering
And Deuteronomy explains where tithe and offering should go.
So study the bible for your understanding.

Tithe is not something you ask your neighbors, it's as necessary for your living.
What if you didn't receive anything?
For someone that receives 20k and 2k becomes something he is confused about....where is the correlation please...?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by farady(m): 10:55am On Apr 19, 2020
Funny thread, all just to drag the church. Meanwhile, all the toxic and sarcastic comments na on top the 2k tithe wey d Bros dey reason to pay.

Until one has a deep understanding and close relationship with God, one will continue to debate the subject of tithing. If you don't have a heart of love and appreciation you can't give.

All that we need to succeed in life is written in the Bible. The Bible encourages us to (1) pay our tithes (2) give our offerings (3) give to the needy amongst us (4) take care and support our parents (5) save for the raining day. The book of Proverbs used the ants to illustrate how we should save (6) to be hardworking and diligent (7) take good care of ourselves (cool PLAN!!! Jesus emphasized this in Matthew, when whether it was possible to start putting up a building without counting the cost (9) to be business minded and grow materially - the parade of the talents comes to mind. Etc etc etc

So when one earns money from the above, you should know where the money goes. The benefits surrounding giving is universal. In God's perspective each type attracts a different kind of blessing. Have a wonderful Sunday.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by juwoonn(m): 10:56am On Apr 19, 2020
OnPointMan:

i don't normally do this but ... To slap you just dey hungry me.
Always learn to respect other people's believe, even if you think you know better than them.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Lightman300(m): 10:57am On Apr 19, 2020
More than 400 years before the Levitical priesthood,the principle of tithe was already in practice.
So dear, tithe or no tithe,God is God all by himself.
Christianity of convenience enthused that occasion determines how you'll serve God with your money,and et al.
God is the all-breasted God (El-Shadai) !
Agbado ti o wale,nura re lo ogi!
By the way i dont have a church.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 19, 2020
AdoreHim:
Tithing and alms giving or helping the needy are entirely different, let's be guided. The poster only brought this here to start an argument whether or not it's good to give tithe.

how are they different?what are the purposes of tithing in the first place.Even tithe in the church are supposed to be used for charity reasons.As long as you extend a kind gesture to your needy neighbor,you are tithing
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 19, 2020
shaw2:
You heard your neighbor asking another neighbor?
Nigerians and lies
abi u no see lies ...see ass people day insult churches and pastors ,one guy even post pay ur tithe Jesus need it to sub gotv las las na OP cause am with him/her lies

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by omowumi9: 11:00am On Apr 19, 2020
No. You were given the money as a palliative measure because you do not have. Tithe is to be paid by those working and has enough to feed his/her family. You do not pay tithe and start complaining.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Sh1g1d1: 11:00am On Apr 19, 2020
Jaynom:
I like when Christians talk about "GIVING". Give to who? How do you give to God? You think GIVING your Pastor money is giving to God? Do you people study the Bible at all? If u want to give to God directly then Give to the NEEDY! There's no verse in the entire Bible that says give money to your Pastor who are already comfortable/Rich but there are over 12 scriptures that link giving to The needy as giving to GOD DIRECTLY! you people should study scripture ooo!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Rebukes Church Of Satan On Twitter. The Church Fires Back / After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? / Chioma Ifemeludike: Apostle Suleman Addresses Congregation On Sex Scandal (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.