Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? (64662 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Mike Bamiloye Cautions Christians Paying Tithe From Their Sports Bet Wins / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by saajus: 11:22am On Apr 19, 2020
I'm a Christian but I strongly believe you don't have to pay tithe from the money. Buy food in bulk that will sustain you and your family during this lockdown.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Oscafemi(m): 11:22am On Apr 19, 2020
Well to me NO
My Reason are the paying your tight does not necessary mean u must pay it to a pastor but one can pay his tight b helping the poor and needy at this point in time
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by terrezo2002(m): 11:25am On Apr 19, 2020
Saintvik:

Shut up!!!
Why are you angry?
You can decide not to give. To believe me is a choice.
I love you.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 19, 2020
Akunwafor:
How much did your church give you as lockdown stimulus?
Our Igbo tradition is natural to man, religion is man made. Good enough people are beginning to ask questions this days. I use to be a member of Lord's Choosen Church but now my eyes haff cleared. Nothing beats Odinani....

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by jmoore(m): 11:27am On Apr 19, 2020
mabea:
Did the bible tell you that it is only the rich that should pay tithe?Where did you see it written that he paid it only once? If he did not pay it out of his own belongings why then did God told the people to pay it out of their own goods several years later?is God an author of confusion? If tithing is not important God would have allowed it to rest with Abraham
Why are you not making animal sacrifices like Abraham and co?

You need to step into new testament. You are still left behind.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by olaxm: 11:27am On Apr 19, 2020
Nairaland Sunday School! Giving is a principles not Law. Exactly what Jesus said in Mat 5vs17. It's a brainwashed when you're told to give for God to bless you. How about those unbelievers that are greatly blessed. In my opinion it's a poor man who is yet to taste God gift of blessing that debate over tithes. Application of law principles is a common sense. But the problem here in Nigeria is most churches preached about the principles and neglect the core message of Jesus Christ - God kingdom - God greatest blessing. Jesus didn't come to preach about the Law - that's why he always has problem with Pharise. The conversation Jesus had with rich guy. He fulfiled all the law principles and still he was sad to know that Kingdom of God isn't guaranteed by fulfilment of Law. Moses open our eyes to the spiritual garden and also bring us the Law. Adam-Eve didn't suffer death until they were kick out of the garden. Jesus open our eyes to kingdom of God and aswell bring us salvation. So Pastor should open ur eye's to spiritual resources not wordly resources that won't last long. Luke 12 vs 33 to 34. We'll desire pray-seek for let thy Kingdom come if we all understand Kingdom of God - Just as Jesus talk about with spiritual principles. But it has terms and conditions.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Fastlinkpro: 11:27am On Apr 19, 2020
One thing I thank My God is. Paying tithe does no guarantee salvation.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Joshforeal: 11:27am On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:

First you must a relationship with the author of tithing - God.
He will explain himself to you and in every way you desire. He doesn't need your money o and he still doesn't instead he calls you to fellowship and obedience .

In summary to have a better understanding about tithing -ask Jesus into your life and he will teach you.
Something he didn't teach when he was alive. He will magically teach you now that he is in heaven. This has got to be the funniest thing I've read today...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by osaweseforme(m): 11:28am On Apr 19, 2020
I don't get involved in topic like this but I will advice you read Nehemiah 13 carefully to understand Malachi 3........ God's blessings on you as you do
solreb:
YES noting that it is by the grade of God that you even got the N20k. Obey the word of God and watch his promises in Mal 3:10-11 come to pass in your life.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by JayPeeOham: 11:28am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?

OP have you received yours?

If No, wait till then...for now I have no answer for you tongue

For now, mind your business wink
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by rajiedreez: 11:29am On Apr 19, 2020
rusher14:
Yes.

You can even give it all as first fruit.

Give and you would be blessed as you do so.

I don't think so, please read your bible tithes are paid on what you earn from working not what's given to you to ease your burden. If we go buy what you're saying so people that they raise fund for to help them with a medical challenge also need to pay tithes from the crowd funds
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2020
if your faith can't carry paying tithe at this period, I don't think you should do it, and all this question is not even necessary for public discussion. This is where most christians have failed, we refuse to seek direction from God, rather we ask men to lead us, even the pastors (true) seek the face of God for direction. Bible said in Heb.12:2 "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith", not unto pastor or mere men, because anything apart from Jesus might fail you... I pray God help you
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Joshforeal: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2020
chijokz:

Exactly the same question I asked a friend who reached out to me last week for financial assistance to feed his family.
He said he attends a mega church in Lagos and had been paying tithes for many years but hasn't received any assistance from them yet despite reaching out.
I told him it makes no sense that his church has billions of Naira in their various bank accounts and some or majority of their members are suffering and in desperate need for help.
I also told him if he had saved 10% of his income for years in a savings account earning him interest, he would have tapped into that savings during this time to feed his family.
I later helped him and hoped he used it wisely.
The most important thing you gave him is knowledge. Remain blessed Sir/Ma. If he likes let him continue building Daddy GOs account balance and neglect his own.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Taiwojon(m): 11:30am On Apr 19, 2020
why not

please pay your tithes joor
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Jaqenhghar: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:
I heard my neighbor asking another neighbor if he can pay tithe from the 20k alert he got from government.

This got me thinking.

Are members expected to pay a tenth of whatever they get at this difficult period?
Let me put it to you like this. The pastor wants you to give it, God is morei nterested in how obedient you are to him.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by dreofGod(m): 11:30am On Apr 19, 2020
A genuinely born again christian does not ask for human opinion on issues. He/she follows the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT. The HOLY SPIRIT teaches all things.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by tee4naija(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2020
You can but not necessarily to your church. Look for that family in your neighbourhood who you know need the money and who are yet to get the palliative that you got and give to them. You have paid your tithe by doing so.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by exclusivejayce(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2020
@op, how fa how did you get yours? Any advice?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by charlsecy(m): 11:35am On Apr 19, 2020
DWJOBScom:
Big yes as it’s an income....
You don't know what is income
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by oluwableskay(m): 11:36am On Apr 19, 2020
Craze Dey worry you,what happens to the old people living around you who do not have money to buy food,what happen to the poor people in your area who couldn’t afford 5naira to buy a cup of garri.you want to give money to your scammer pastor driving latest cars again.dont die as a fool little boy
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by OKOATA(m): 11:39am On Apr 19, 2020
Mrpojj:

He could still pay tithe and still save 10% if he wants
If he safes 20% is it bad?
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by Saao(m): 11:40am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

ITS COMPULSORY TO PAY AS A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN, BUT NONE BELIEVER, I DONT UNTIL YOU GIVE YOUR LIVES TO HIM. I PAID TITHE TWO DAYS AGO FROM AN INCOME.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by onyxo76(m): 11:40am On Apr 19, 2020
you should pay, somehow help will just begin to locate you from strange sources and you will be blessed.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by PSTGlobal(m): 11:41am On Apr 19, 2020
*PST Global Service *

**MTN Data Promo**

� 1Gb = #380
� 2Gb = #750
� 5Gb = #1760

1 months validity

Call/SMS/WhatsApp Or Inbox�
�☎ *09033834777*

Be Connected!
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by ejimatic: 11:41am On Apr 19, 2020
Mavrick2012:

This got me thinking.

. With due respect to all Nairalanders and their forms of religion I have a different opinion. I respect everybody's decision on tenth payment. I believe however that tenth is not Compulsory for Christians.When Christianity was formed in Pentecost 33 CE tenth was not not their practice. Tenth belonged to Isreal and the Mosaic law that made it compulsory was no longer in force with the death of Jesus Christ.Christians can donate as they wish.In other words you can donate 10 20 30 40 etc percents of your income... 2 Cor 7 vrs 9 says ..Let everybody contributes as he has RESOLVED in his heart for God loves Cheerful giver...So please do as you can for God.You are not under compulsion to donate 10 percent of your income.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by OKOATA(m): 11:43am On Apr 19, 2020
jokotus:
God need your soul to be right with Him. Your holiness is much more important than your tithe. No matter how much you give to church if your relationship with God is not right hell fire straight. Whether paying it or not it doesn't matter.
Bro hell fire doesn’t exist, the early christians used it as a manipulative tool, no man as been to hell back and forth, it’s a fallacy.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by martowskin1(m): 11:44am On Apr 19, 2020
Olarewaju89:
I come to realize that given tithes is a spiritual thing... Except you pray for it that God should give you the spirit to do so, you can't do it. Thanks.

This mentality is why we don't grow in Africa and why Africa will never grow despite our spiritualness ...

Yet nations less religious are growing, do u know why, they have common sense and not gullible like us
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by OKOATA(m): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2020
Danniedpastor:

Bros, nobody is going to force you to tithe.
Stop looking for cheap opportunity to ridicule the church Of God.

And always know that tithing is a personal thing.

Pay if you believe. Don't pay if you don't believe because that's even dangerous.
I'm a pastor and I hardly talk about tithe .
Our God is not hungry.

Stay blessed
Pastor what’s the danger in not paying tithe.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? by suremanpatriot: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2020
Yu are among cabal relation tht is why they gav u 20K yu must be a northerner sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Ayodele’s New Prophesies - “boko Haram Won’t Be Defeated Now”; (SEE OTHERS) / Cucumber: What Could Be Their Prayer Points Here? / What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.