Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,511 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) (119933 Views)

100 Tonnes Of Dead Fish Pulled Out Of Europe's Oder River ( Pics, Video) / Strangest Fish In Caribbean Uses Its Fins As Legs To Walk Along The Seabed (Pix) / Injured HammerHead Shark Killed In Lekki, Lagos After Being Washed Ashore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by IOmono(f): 4:17am On Apr 18, 2020
Selected death. Clear sign of infection on that specific type of fish

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by omeome: 4:24am On Apr 18, 2020
The picture may not be the one but this is what happened at the river side.So, they are not lying.
QuickStandard:
Lies.

Which yeye government? Fake news peddlers

And to think this made front page is disheartening to say the least.

I did a Google search on this picture and result came out 2011, at Maryland. Not even in Nigeria

http://blazinstreetz.com/2113.2-million-fish-found-dead-in-maryland-news.html
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by TCRC: 4:32am On Apr 18, 2020
Oil polution
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by ddeola: 4:36am On Apr 18, 2020
FAKE NEWS
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by 2016v2017: 5:36am On Apr 18, 2020
danietohbadt:
It's the result of oil pollution, no doubt.

That's one of the disadvantages of riverine communities.

Painfully enough, despite all the suffering, they get nothing. I mean nothing..... social infrastructure, potable water, electricity, good roads, schools and so....

Yet, some bastards in the North will just sit down lazily, marry four wives, bang them at will, give birth like pigs, and when it's time to share revenue, they use "population size" as a criteria for revenue sharing.
Nonsense! Absolute Nonsense....

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by AngelicBeing: 5:52am On Apr 18, 2020
NwaNimo1:
This story sounds fishy?

Let me look into....

[img]https://media./images/0e386c14610fb3f6c35d691603f35a88/tenor.gif[/img]
tongue
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by hod898(m): 6:03am On Apr 18, 2020
NwaNimo1:
This story sounds fishy?

Let me look into....

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. This was real! grin grin grin grin
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by hernniey(f): 6:14am On Apr 18, 2020
Partner with a Nigeria News Update Website and get the privilege of being paid each time you share a post on your facebook or watch videos, view a post on the website, create a post and login to the website. You can start today with a one time registration fee of N3,000 and stand the chance to earn over #20,000 everyday Ask me how on whatsapp 08139402784
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Ibime(m): 6:36am On Apr 18, 2020
SOSPITAS:

Maybe that species of fish(Croaker) are more susceptible to the deleterious effects of oil pollution..

No, because oil slick has not been noticed on the fishes.

BTW, Bonny is on the Atlantic Ocean. This is not a creek where oil slick stays one place.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 18, 2020
Convid has become waterborne, its killing fish, rivers people love fish, so they could be next.

am sure thousands of these fishes have found their way to markets, avoid roasted fish in markets and bole joints.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by QuickStandard: 6:39am On Apr 18, 2020
omeome:
The picture may not be the one but this is what happened at the river side.So, they are not lying.

Where you there?
Do you have a first hand evidence.?

It is all lies, if it was true, they would back it up with prove and evidence.

Even my friends both in pH and Bonny island can't confirm the incidence
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by eteba(m): 7:11am On Apr 18, 2020
yes they`re some dead croaker fish along /around the atlantic, but the picture posted is not in nigeria
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Banter1(m): 7:11am On Apr 18, 2020
End Time is upon us, give your life to JESUS and be save.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by vasco01(m): 7:29am On Apr 18, 2020
PicLtd:

You eat dead rotten fish killed by petrochemical pollution?

For this corona nothing is waste
#hunger virus
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by AsawanaDgreat: 7:30am On Apr 18, 2020
Water pollution. Wike watch out
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Karmaisme(m): 7:36am On Apr 18, 2020
Where is ? Work don land for you.
cc.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Spagkhalifaa(m): 7:36am On Apr 18, 2020
realstars:
I Hope One Of The Fish DidNot Contrast Coronavirus, Then Spread It To Others. or there is covid19 dead body in that sea.
This Is Mystery of the lastdays.,
Not only one them Contrast Corona Virus infact many of them Compared the virus

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by AOB1: 7:39am On Apr 18, 2020
NwaNimo1:
This story sounds fishy?

Let me look into....

very funny grin
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by realstars: 7:46am On Apr 18, 2020
Spagkhalifaa:
Not only one them Contrast Corona Virus infact many of them Compared the virus
Who Knows How They Gut It?

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by francium001: 7:51am On Apr 18, 2020
I personaly feel that their is more to this, not just the petrolchemical pollution as envisgaged and also the croakers may appear to be the only species affected but other fishes should not be overlooked
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by lollytk(f): 7:54am On Apr 18, 2020
I don't know about the write-up but the picture is from 2008 in Michigan.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by kazzbab(m): 8:06am On Apr 18, 2020
Corrinthians:
The picture has nothing to do with the incident being reported though.
I first saw this image more than 2 years back, I'm not disputing the news though.

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Elmander1983(m): 8:08am On Apr 18, 2020
Coro enter water.
ijustdey:
......Govt begins investigation, warns against consumption

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/04/17/thousands-of-dead-fish-washed-up-on-rivers-shoreline/
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by ylaa(f): 8:11am On Apr 18, 2020
Exactly

Dshocker:
This was caused by oil spillage
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by bigiyaro(m): 8:12am On Apr 18, 2020
qualityovenbake:
This is definitely the effect of oil spillage
I don't think pollution will affect only one type of fish.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by badman007(m): 8:12am On Apr 18, 2020
Argungu fishing festival...

Warri no dey carry last. Lol

Weep*
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by whitebeard(m): 8:17am On Apr 18, 2020
This is stable news...since when...like last 20 years ago
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by ofiko123(m): 8:18am On Apr 18, 2020
SLAP44:
Oil pollution?

You guess right... Oil pollution..

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by omeome: 8:30am On Apr 18, 2020
I live in PH.The radio stations aired it.
QuickStandard:

Where you there?
Do you have a first hand evidence.?

It is all lies, if it was true, they would back it up with prove and evidence.

Even my friends both in pH and Bonny island can't confirm the incidence
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 18, 2020
Why bother yourself on how to make money during this lock down when you can simply get it done with just your smart phone and data..100% legit and no scam get paid for chatting, posting and liking of pictures as you do on facebook..Stop wasting your data join the group and learn how to make real cash with and without referrals..use the link below�����

https:///EBQFUKkYET7FfpNV7fs8EV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Live Updates On Today's Solar Eclipse / Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. / Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.