Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,029 members, 7,825,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) (119932 Views)

100 Tonnes Of Dead Fish Pulled Out Of Europe's Oder River ( Pics, Video) / Strangest Fish In Caribbean Uses Its Fins As Legs To Walk Along The Seabed (Pix) / Injured HammerHead Shark Killed In Lekki, Lagos After Being Washed Ashore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by hardon1(m): 8:38am On Apr 18, 2020
this news is probably fake i perceive
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by maasoap(m): 8:38am On Apr 18, 2020
PicLtd:

You eat dead rotten fish killed by petrochemical pollution?

The worst part of it is that there was no part of the news that said environmental people or casual workers have been mobilised for evacuation. Secondly, people are already eating and selling it after smoking it.

“The fish begins to turn green when it begins to get rotten; when spread out on the fire to dry, unlike normal fish, these do not thoroughly dry up, instead they would disintegrate or scatter.

He further raised concern that the fish were already being sold in markets, even in Port Harcourt in spite of warnings that they could be injurious to health.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by perdollar(m): 8:42am On Apr 18, 2020
this corona must b an ancestral course on all animals including human
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Skmoda360(m): 8:48am On Apr 18, 2020
realstars:
I Hope One Of The Fish DidNot Contrast Coronavirus, Then Spread It To Others. or there is covid19 dead body in that sea.
This Is Mystery of the lastdays.,
Is that not coyote? Your picture
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by darams4all(m): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2020
Are we sure the so called 5G network had not been activated over there knowing fully well that the area is a focal point due to oil and gas production.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by JayPeeOham: 8:58am On Apr 18, 2020
Chosen1984:
It's Really Strange!

The Same thing happened in different Countries!

Mysterious events all over the World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA4Fw5WJHe0

And someone will still come out and say there's no God!!...smh

All these shows that it doesn't take God up to 3mins to destroy the world!

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 18, 2020
JayPeeOham:

And someone will still come out and say there's no God!!...smh

All these shows that it doesn't take up to 3mins to destroy the world!

My Brother 3mins is too much...

Worse things than Corona Virus are Happening all over the world.. but anti christ Main Stream Media do not show because they know these things could lead people to GOD..

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by ZeusP(m): 9:07am On Apr 18, 2020
Natural Hazard
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by EdiskyHarry: 9:23am On Apr 18, 2020
And letter you will see a foolish person that will die of corona virus coming here to insult governor woke or Niger delta.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Goodzinny: 10:30am On Apr 18, 2020
What a big disaster?
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by deavicky(m): 10:32am On Apr 18, 2020
SLAP44:
Oil pollution?
is that the only thing u know can kill them?. Haven't you heard of Gamalin 20.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:41am On Apr 18, 2020
knockturnal:
So many people do not know anything about the environment they live in. This is a natural phenomenon that occurs every year when this particular species of fish spawn i.e mate. They travel great distances to their place of birth and then after mating, they die in their millions and the next generation is left to fend for themselves. The only newsworthy thing about this is that the tide chose to bring the dead fishes to our shores this year. This is not pollution as it would have affected a variety of species and not just one it that was the case. Let's try and watch documentaries once in a while.

this is the answer.. nothing to add or detract.. if its pollution, only one specie of fish wont be affected...we should not politicise any thing...
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Saintcajo1: 10:44am On Apr 18, 2020
cool
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Bisshop123(f): 10:51am On Apr 18, 2020
e be like say corona don enter river oo
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by giftylyn(f): 10:51am On Apr 18, 2020
Perilous times shall come.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by ibinaboonline: 11:43am On Apr 18, 2020
The photo is stock photo. Not actual photo.
Thatdopekelly:
Jeez
Never i have seen so many fishes like this in my life...
This is disheartening

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by engrchykae(m): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
matrix199:
Those fishes died as a result of exhaustion after spawning. Same occurrence can be seen in Salmon, where after spawning(egg release and fertilization), the adult Salmons die off in their millions.
to serve as nutrients for the next generation and the cycle of life of salmons continue
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Thatdopekelly(m): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2020
ibinaboonline:
The photo is stock photo. Not actual photo.

Oh!
Really? Thanks for the info
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by danietohbadt(m): 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2020
Roozzaay:

Maybe you should go and do a little research on amount of money that has been allocated and disbursed to the NDDC since its inception, then you know who the bastards are.

Do you know how much Buhari alone has wasted on exploring for crude oil in the North in the past five years? Do you know there's a bill to create a development commission for the NE?

Do you know that in the last 10 years, Borno state has not generated N1Billion per annum to the federal government coffers yet they get over N10B monthly allocation?
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Viccisimua: 12:51pm On Apr 18, 2020
But the pic u uploaded is not Nigeria. Was copied from the Internet.

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by bignero: 1:03pm On Apr 18, 2020
Chosen1984:
It's Really Strange!

The Same thing happened in different Countries!

Mysterious events all over the World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA4Fw5WJHe0

I just watched the video.. Well I think this is the end of things.

Let's endeavor to have our names in the book of life.

Jesus is the way. God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Legendguru: 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
Really
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by korban3134(m): 5:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
Possibly caused by "Red Tide"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_tide
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Oshokalo: 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2020
Make geysha company no pass this place oh
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by icuFISHCLASS(m): 5:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
It's apparently not oil pollution.

There was a discharge of a toxic chemical in the sorrounding water body, that killed the fishes.

Don't quote if you can't relate to my facts.

Those fishes are benthic fishes (they live below the surface level of the water)
Oil pollution affects the photic zone of water ( top layer) because oil floats on water.

And those fishes DONT live at the PHOTIC zone.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Numero9: 11:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
Roozzaay:
Weed is bad for you bro...stoopeet
What else can a man do in this sober period!!??!! Join me so we view world from the actual perspective.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Numero9: 11:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
Alimzy20:
Do fishes have souls?

Ahhhh...you don't know? Lukadiswan o!! Na only you want get soul?? You go stingy be that o!!!
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by OyinO: 4:49am On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=realstars post=88554065]I Hope One Of The Fish DidNot Contrast Coronavirus, Then Spread It To Others. or there is covid19 dead body in that sea.
This Is Mystery of the lastdays.,[/quote

We have been hearing last days since two thousand years ago but the sun keep rising everyday.
Re: Thousands Of Dead Fish In Rivers State Washed Up On Shoreline (photo) by Roozzaay(m): 7:12am On Apr 19, 2020
Numero9:

What else can a man do in this sober period!!??!!
Join me so we view world from the actual perspective.
My Mother's Child cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Live Updates On Today's Solar Eclipse / Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. / Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.