Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,247 members, 7,811,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People (85047 Views)

IGP Begs For Vehicles In Abuja But They Are Wasting Away In Lagos (pics) / Udom: Fake Soldiers Arrested In Akwa Ibom Released On Orders From Above / Onnoghen Case: Supreme Court Speaks On Receiving Orders From Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Frankcallys(m): 10:02am On Apr 18, 2020
Hmmm... Well...

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by cerpvad(m): 10:21am On Apr 18, 2020
Lmao, Wike and Fayose drank from the same bowl grin

1 Like

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by International28: 10:26am On Apr 18, 2020
AuthenticNG:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/04/17/i-dont-take-orders-from-abuja-but-rivers-people-wike-tells-buhari/amp/

NATIONAL INTEREST supersedes state interest! Governor Wike wants to begin a war he can't fight. He is calling for another Biafran war. He should ask Ojukwu to tell him his experience.
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by mysteryman2014: 10:55am On Apr 18, 2020
Shizzyguy:

The fact that PMB did not state it during the broadcast does not mean the governors of Lagos and Ogun where not in the know. Let's take Ogun for instance, the lock down in Ogun did not take effect on the date PMB announced because Dapo Abiodun had ask for a few more days for his people before commencing the lock down.

I beg to differ, the governor of ogun appealed after the annoucement, if he was in the know the presidency who have included the contingency plan in the speech.

Mind you it was after much outcry against such unconstitutional announcement that the presidency approach the legislative arm for powers to make such decision.

Thumbs up to Governor Wike for upholding the constitutional terms of relationship in a democracy.

Enough of these illegalities and lawlessness.

1 Like

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by InoFilms: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2020
Join live

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Elmander1983(m): 11:26am On Apr 18, 2020
Lol
cjfavour:

Wicked Wike is ok for him.
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by lionness(f): 11:31am On Apr 18, 2020
The real man. Not like the kittens in SW.

1 Like

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Shizzyguy: 11:37am On Apr 18, 2020
mysteryman2014:

I beg to differ, the governor of ogun appealed after the annoucement, if he was in the know the presidency who have included the contingency plan in the speech.

Mind you it was after much outcry against such unconstitutional announcement that the presidency approach the legislative arm for powers to make such decision.

Thumbs up to Governor Wike for upholding the constitutional terms of relationship in a democracy.

Enough of these illegalities and lawlessness.

This is from Buhari's initial lockdown address

"Based on the advice of the Federal Ministry of Health and the NCDC, I am directing the cessation of all movements in Lagos and the FCT for an initial period of 14 days with effect from 11pm on Monday, 30th March 2020. This restriction will also apply to Ogun State, due to its close proximity to Lagos and the high traffic between the two States.

All citizens in these areas are to stay in their homes. Travel to or from other states should be postponed. All businesses and offices within these locations should be fully closed during this period.

The Governors of Lagos and Ogun States as well as the Minister of the FCT have been notified. Furthermore, heads of security and intelligence agencies have also been briefed."
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by DrMuzungu(m): 11:47am On Apr 18, 2020
In other news, only companies that agree to pay ransom to Wike will be allowed to operate in and out of the state. Business as usual in Rivers.
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by engrchykae(m): 11:54am On Apr 18, 2020
Abouwaza:
"Don't give me a directive"
Word of a MEN
point of correction"WORD OF A MENS.
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by engrchykae(m): 11:56am On Apr 18, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Nuisance of a governor
Anglo American fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by engrchykae(m): 11:57am On Apr 18, 2020
Greyworld:

your university just sent a refund. 100% and 30% extra as interest.

he is one of the animals in British farm.

1 Like

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by engrchykae(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2020
Joefat:
I can see war coming grin
you must be Yoruba, always afraid

1 Like

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by engrchykae(m): 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2020
backbone503:

When PMB react (exercises his own executive powers on a senior level) now, na dis same una go call am "General", " dictator ", " tyrant" and all sorts.
even in America their country of origin,oil companies aren't working.
But here in Nigeria,the American oil companies want to work and endanger people.
Don't you have pride as an African?
As a descendants of Jaja,modibo keita,askia Mohammed?
Are you a born slave?
You sound hausafulani because they happen to be the sworn slaves of the British
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by engrchykae(m): 12:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
Kemimarch16:
Wike becareful make your egungun no go enter express
fear fear

1 Like

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by edwardds(m): 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2020
[quote author=Roozzaay post=88562951]These hypocrites hailing Wike, did they not read the part Wike said they should come to Rivers for dialogue? Protecting Rivers people indeed grin
Some of you guys here, your stupidity is not from here.[/quote

Can You hear Yourself.. Would dialogue not be better than them fighting one another every day??

1 Like

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by mentored: 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
cRobo:
then few hours later IGP changes the state commissioner of police

Buhari is afraid of Wike

argue with your keypad

but

I won't say a word

hmmmmm

please no body should argue here
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Coldie(m): 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
slerry:

they should fly to sokoto to milk d oil there.
thought they have discovered oil in d barren north.
everywhere is on lockdown no movement even d so called president has no right to enter river state.
God bless u my Amiable Governor not those chicken hearted puppy will have in d east.
Ipob mama
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by abbiboy: 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2020
Wike the live-wire..i believe this man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by topatee: 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
engrchykae:
you must be Yoruba, always afraid
Your *** brain did not tell you that it is better to dialogue than to fight, what has being a Yoruba got to do with the issue at hand, since you have been fighting for these moneybags what have you achieved
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by mysteryman2014: 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
Shizzyguy:

This is from Buhari's initial lockdown address

"Based on the advice of the Federal Ministry of Health and the NCDC, I am directing the cessation of all movements in Lagos and the FCT for an initial period of 14 days with effect from 11pm on Monday, 30th March 2020. This restriction will also apply to Ogun State, due to its close proximity to Lagos and the high traffic between the two States.

All citizens in these areas are to stay in their homes. Travel to or from other states should be postponed. All businesses and offices within these locations should be fully closed during this period.

The Governors of Lagos and Ogun States as well as the Minister of the FCT have been notified. Furthermore, heads of security and intelligence agencies have also been briefed."

That announcement should be made by the state governors not the president.

We in a democracy not under a military rule.

Rule of law must prevail at all times.
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Legendguru: 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
Oh
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Mazigabriel(m): 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
PureGoldh:
Just speechless.

Pure original honey is readily available for you... kindly contact 081 0166 67 71 or the number on the picture below let's talk about it
which city do you reside.
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by PHijo(m): 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
Governor Wike, we the people of Rivers state are FULLY behind you. Even those of us who didn't support your reelection bid support you on this. The wellbeing on Rivers people can't be toyed with by criminals who steal our oil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Mazigabriel(m): 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
Every president has a rebellious governor fighting them.
Obasanjo vs orji uzor kalu,
Jonathan vs Amaechi, .
Buhari vs. wike.
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by PureGoldh(m): 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mazigabriel:
which city do you reside.

My farm is in Enugu state but I do waybill Nationwide.

You can contact me on 081 0166 6771 let's talk about it
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by sapele914(m): 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2020
fashrola:

He's not useless... Rivers state has the highest numbers of foreign expatriates in the country, and this means that the state should have had the highest numbers of COVID-19 confirmed cases than Lagos, but the governor you just called useless took proactive measures to ensure the life of her people first before any other thing.... Right now there's no case in the state... Isn't that wonderful?
You forgot to mention that all the foreign expatriates work for the Federal Government in the oil sector, which falls under the exclusive legislative list, purview of The Federal Government and not Rivers State Government? Probably the only caucasians that work for Rivers State are the Spaniards in wikes so called Real Madrid academy, whatever that maybe?

And just to clear your ignorance Rivers State does not have one tenth of the expatiates as Lagos State, all the so called Global oil companies in Rivers State, all have their HQ’s in Lagos State, be it Shell, Chevron, Exxon Mobil, Agip.
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by Collins9156(m): 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2020
Governor with ball,,,,

1 Like

Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by sapele914(m): 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
Mazigabriel:
Every president has a rebellious governor fighting them.
Obasanjo vs orji uzor kalu,
Jonathan vs Amaechi, .
Buhari vs. wike.
Wike can’t fight Buhari, he is a rat in the presence of The Federal Government, Rivers State has nothing, everything in Rivers State is owned by the Federal Government, be it the Ports, Airports, oil wells & fields, please what is the name of Rivers State indigenous Oil Company, what is the name of Rivers States owned electricity distribution company? How much did Rivers State generate internally last year?, 95% of Rivers Revenues is from the Federal Government, The State cannot even build its own modular refinery, Odili clueless, Amaechi lack of experience, Wike a thug that talks before he thinks. collecting Federal Allocation, then using it to pay state unproductive workers is not governance, or social development.
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by BerlinGado(m): 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
Abouwaza:
"Don't give me a directive"
Word of a MEN
I miss my old moniker please unban it
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by sapele914(m): 5:07pm On Apr 18, 2020
mysteryman2014:

That announcement should be made by the state governors not the president.

We in a democracy not under a military rule.

Rule of law must prevail at all times.
Look before you leap, think before you talk without sentiments, the Vice President addressed this issue 2 weeks ago, under the quarantine Act of 1924, revised under the Laws of Nigeria 1990, the President & Commander in Chief can lock down anywhere in the Federation of Nigeria pursuant to the provisions of the requisite section of the quarantine Act, all state laws are subject to Federal Laws, subject to the provisions of section 4(5) & (7a), of The Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (As Amended).
Re: Wike To Buhari: I Don’t Take Orders From Abuja But Rivers People by backbone503(m): 5:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
engrchykae:
even in America their country of origin,oil companies aren't working.
But here in Nigeria,the American oil companies want to work and endanger people.
Don't you have pride as an African?
As a descendants of Jaja,modibo keita,askia Mohammed?
Are you a born slave?
You sound hausafulani because they happen to be the sworn slaves of the British

During pandemics, wars, natural disaster etc certain critical sectors of the economy (e.g. Oil, health, security etc) are NEVER shut down. Be informed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Breaking: Atiku Presents 6-point Demand To Buhari / APC National Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu Loses Polling Unit To Labour Party / Nigerian Man Takes Peter Obi Campaign To World Cup In Qatar (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.