Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God (8503 Views)

How Hurrying and Worrying Turns Humans Against God / Why Do People Lie Against God? / Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
aadoiza:

Secularism does not connote atheism. Nigeria is secular, so the slow pace of development it lack thereof in the country is not in anyway rooted in religion.

My first sentence was- secularism not atheism.

Nigeria is far from secular. A half principle is not a principle. Secularism is only half practiced in Nigeria.

First, we have sharia law in the north. Very wrong.
Secondly, we have government that uses state money for religious activities. Are you aware that up till 2015, different state governments were sponsoring pilgrimages? Both Christian and islamic pilgrimages.

Then, we have governors who claim that their state is a christian state. An eastern governor did this. Then, we can talk about the immunity big pastors have where small churches and shops were forcibly closed but no police dared to closed big churches that had full congregations during this epidemic.

Religion is a problem in Nigeria and Africa at large. It is not the biggest problems it is second to only corruption.
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Nigeria is far from secular. A half principle is not a principle. Secularism is only half practiced in Nigeria.

Secondly, we have government that uses state money for religious activities. Are you aware that up till 2015, different state governments were sponsoring pilgrimages? Both Christian and islamic pilgrimages.

Then, we have governors who claim that their state is a christian state. An eastern governor did this. Then, we can talk about the immunity big pastors have where small churches and shops were forcibly closed but no police dared to closed big churches that had full congregations during this epidemic.

Religion is a problem in Nigeria and Africa at large. It is not the biggest problems it is second to only corruption.
Yawns!

MacCantStopMe:
What is this one saying?
What was said is that, you arent clued up on what true and pure religion is, especially the sort of religion you can't ever fault or cant ever find flaws, in.

If you do, I dare you to logically prove me wrong and tell what it is, lol.

Are you game and/or up to it? Let's find out what's the kind of stuff your chutzpahs are made up from, lol
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by aadoiza: 7:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

This is good. Now we know atheism is out of our options.

If not is not secular, do you actually think atheists like you will have the cojones to to come online making blasphemous comments and not get tracked down to be hanged, stretched, and Quartered? grin grin

We can compromisingly say Nigeria tilts more towards secularism than religion.

The Shariah in the North does not apply to me, or anyone I know any more than US laws do. Besides, only few states up practise it.

If state governments sponsor pilgrimage in their respective states, do they do so because there's statutory provision for it or out of whims? I believe they do so because of the promise of wanton peculation it holds.

Any governor can make as many claims they desire, in so far they're not backed by statutes they remain mere opinions.
You will have to provide government documents that convey such immunity.

This conclusion is false. Religion made education affordable to the poorest of people all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 11:36pm On Apr 19, 2020
aadoiza:

This is good. Now we know atheism is out of our options.

If not is not secular, do you actually think atheists like you will have the cojones to to come online making blasphemous comments and not get tracked down to be hanged, stretched, and Quartered? grin grin

We can compromisingly say Nigeria tilts more towards secularism than religion.

The Shariah in the North does not apply to me, or anyone I know any more than US laws do. Besides, only few states up practise it.

If state governments sponsor pilgrimage in their respective states, do they do so because there's statutory provision for it or out of whims? I believe they do so because of the promise of wanton peculation it holds.

Any governor can make as many claims they desire, in so far they're not backed by statutes they remain mere opinions.
You will have to provide government documents that convey such immunity.

This conclusion is false. Religion made education affordable to the poorest of people all over the world.

Simple research shows that the poorest countries are very religious while the countries with the highest human development index are all secular, less religious countries. FACT!
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 11:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Yawns!

What was said is that, you arent clued up on what true and pure religion is, especially the sort of religion you can't ever fault or cant ever find flaws, in.

If you do, I dare you to logically prove me wrong and tell what it is, lol.

Are you game and/or up to it? Let's find out what's the kind of stuff your chutzpahs are made up from, lol

Even religious people differ on what pure religion is.

Which is the pure christianity? Catholicism? Pentecostalism? Deeper-life-ism? JW-ism?

Pure religion my black-ass...
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 11:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
Even religious people differ on what pure religion is.
Which is the pure christianity? Catholicism? Pentecostalism? Deeper-life-ism? JW-ism?
Pure religion my black-ass...
[img]https://s4/images/ezgif-3-3fb57fe75db8.jpg[/img]
Ọọbi! Didnt I say, no clue, huh? lol
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 11:55pm On Apr 19, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s4/images/ezgif-3-3fb57fe75db8.jpg[/img]
Ọbi! Didnt I say, no clue, huh, lol?

Clown. why don't you define pure religion here for us?

You know you'd look silly if you tried.
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 11:59pm On Apr 19, 2020
ARGUMENT 3 (DAY-3 19/APRIL/20)
THE PARADOX OF OMNISCIENCE

We agree that a "married bachelor" can not exist because it is contradictory and self-refuting. An omniscient God is self-refuting and contradictory.

-Omniscience means knowing all things

If God knows everything, then he can not forget because the moment he forgets, he doesn't know everything. However, if God cant forget, he then doesnt know how to remember or recollect. If he can't recollect. then there is something he doesn't know- he doesnt know how it feels to recollect or remember something.
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 12:01am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
Clown. why don't you define pure religion here for us?
You know you'd look silly if you tried.
[img]https://s5/images/MuttleyLaffDrinkRollEye.gif[/img]
Look at the grovelling court jester
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 12:05am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
ARGUMENT 3 (DAY-3 19/APRIL/20)
THE PARADOX OF OMNISCIENCE

We agree that a "married bachelor" can not exist because it is contradictory and self-refuting. An omniscient God is self-refuting and contradictory.

-Omniscience means knowing all things

If God knows everything, then he can not forget because the moment he forgets, he doesn't know everything. However, if God cant forget, he then doesnt know how to remember or recollect. If he can't recollect. then there is something he doesn't know- he doesnt know how it feels to recollect or remember something.
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
What a loadsacodswallop. Smh

"From the beginning I predicted the outcome; long ago I foretold what would happen.
I said that my plans would never fail, that I would do everything I intended to do.
(i.e. I declare the end from the beginning, and ancient times from what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and all My good pleasure I will accomplish.’)
"
- Isaiah 46:10
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 12:13am On Apr 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s5/images/MuttleyLaffDrinkRollEye.gif[/img]
Look at the grovelling court jester

Kindly define the "pure religion" that you were using to mock my knowledge.

You were acting so smug and smart before. Why not show us? Or have your brain cells reduced in the past few hours?
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 12:15am On Apr 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
What a loadsacodswallop. Smh

"From the beginning I predicted the outcome; long ago I foretold what would happen.
I said that my plans would never fail, that I would do everything I intended to do.
(i.e. I declare the end from the beginning, and ancient times from what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and all My good pleasure I will accomplish.’)
"
- Isaiah 46:10

"Any fool can quote the bible, even the devil"- Logicboy 2014

That quote is the height of contradiction. It ties in with my next argument- the predestination paradox (as a result of omniscience)
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 12:18am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
Kindly define the "pure religion" that you were using to mock my knowledge.
You were acting so smug and smart before.
Why not show us? Or have your brain cells reduced in the past few hours?
[img]https://media./images/e3544b8117d3ecbb0cb8751f1ce0ff71/tenor.gif[/img]
No! Not gonna tell ya. Stew on it

MacCantStopMe:
"Any fool can quote the bible, even the devil"- Logicboy 2014
A quote of Logicboy?
It tells you everything you need to know. Not worth its weight in gold, lol.

MacCantStopMe:
That quote is the height of contradiction.
It ties in with my next argument- the predestination paradox (as a result of omniscience)
Look what it got the devil, lol
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 12:24am On Apr 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://media./images/e3544b8117d3ecbb0cb8751f1ce0ff71/tenor.gif[/img]
No! Stew on it

A quote of Logicboy?
It tells you everything you need to know. Not worth its weight in gold, lol.

Look what it got the devil, lol

*Yawns*

I am going to sleep. When you are ready to define "pure religion", wake me up.
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 12:27am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
*Yawns* I am going to sleep.
When you are ready to define "pure religion", wake me up.
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-6044c087512e.gif[/img]
Good call. Ditto, here too, lol
Better luck when you wake, lol
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by aadoiza: 7:55am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Simple research shows that the poorest countries are very religious while the countries with the highest human development index are all secular, less religious countries. FACT!

Like many people, you have made a shallow inference from very complicated world affairs.

All I know for a fact is: religion is and will never be an impedement to development but could be deployed as a tool to carry out machinations, as do any other ideologies, or movements, or persuasions, and what not.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 8:30am On Apr 20, 2020
aadoiza:

Like many people, you have made a shallow inference from very complicated world affairs.

All I know for a fact is: religion is and will never be an impedement to development but could be deployed as a tool to carry out machinations, as do any other ideologies, or movements, or persuasions, and what not.

Lol....spoken confidently in ignorance.

Take a look at the human development index that uses various socio-economic variables to rank countries in terms of development. The pattern is clear.

It is also of no wonder that the USA is the most religious developed country and it ranks the worst in healthcare and many other indices among developed countries.
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 20, 2020
Wetin Musa No Go See For Gate?.
Someone said religion is a sham,instead of you to explain why you feel/think it isn't or you ask him to explain why he feels it is,you said he has no knowledge of "true religion".
He goes ahead to seek clarification on what "true religion" is,yet you have not said any reasonable thing.
cc muttleylaff
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 9:18am On Apr 20, 2020
simonjassy:
Someone said religion is a sham, instead of you to explain why you feel/think it isn't or you ask him to explain why he feels it is, you said he has no knowledge of "true religion".
He goes ahead to seek clarification on what "true religion" is, yet you have not said any reasonable thing.
cc muttleylaff
[img]https://s5/images/MuttleyLaffSLJackonStare.gif[/img]
Of course nah, he has no idea
I told him to stew on it, didn't I, lol?
That's what y'all both should do.
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s5/images/MuttleyLaffSLJackonStare.gif[/img]
Of course nah, he has no idea
I told him to stew on it, didn't lol?
That's what yall both should do.
This L.Jackson Meme Is Funny Though.Well it is nice to know you are keeping your "pure and true religion" free from "corruption"
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 9:27am On Apr 20, 2020
simonjassy:
This L.Jackson Meme Is Funny Though.
Thank you. Glad you're entertained by the Samuel L Jackson stare, though that's less than its point, the stare is, lol.

simonjassy:
Well it is nice to know you are keeping your "pure and true religion" free from "corruption"
So ... but what's the part not understandable in "stew on it" for you gan sef? angry angry angry
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 9:43am On Apr 20, 2020
simonjassy:
Someone said religion is a sham,instead of you to explain why you feel/think it isn't or you ask him to explain why he feels it is,you said he has no knowledge of "true religion".
He goes ahead to seek clarification on what "true religion" is,yet you have not said any reasonable thing.
cc muttleylaff

He has no idea what "pure religion" means himself. He is just trolling
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 9:53am On Apr 20, 2020
simonjassy:
Someone said religion is a sham, instead of you to explain why you feel/think it isn't or you ask him to explain why he feels it is,you said he has no knowledge of "true religion".
He goes ahead to seek clarification on what "true religion" is, yet you have not said any reasonable thing.
cc muttleylaff

MacCantStopMe:
He has no idea what "pure religion" means himself. He is just trolling
When Musa returns back from the gate, I'll break it down for both of ya

Knowing you'll trample on it, against my better judgement I shouldn't really bother. I should just let youse both wallow in your ignorance of fleetingly using the word, but never mind, I still will give you the lowdown on it and when, will cc una both, as for now, just stew on it and have a bit of cooling down, the pair of ya, lol
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 10:02am On Apr 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

When Musa returns back from the gate, I'll break it down for both of ya

Knowing you'll trample on it, against my better judgement I shouldn't really bother. I should just let youse both wallow in your ignorance of fleetingly using the word, but never mind, I still will give you the lowdown on it and when, will cc una both, as for now, just stew on it and have a bit of cooling down, the pair of ya, lol

Lies!

Stew on it, soup on it, yam on it.....you wont still define it because you cant.

Your weak psychology wont work here.
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 10:12am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
Lies!
Stew on it, soup on it, yam on it.....you wont still define it because you cant.
Your weak psychology wont work here.
Calm down mate. Farabalẹ.
Even sef cut down on the fizz drinks, the sugar in it, is giving you too much energy. You arent jumping the queue. I'll get to you when I get to you with it. Capisce? Just get ready and be prepared to answer the firing questions, I'll be throwing at you when giving the lowdown
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 10:20am On Apr 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Calm down mate. Farabalẹ.
Even sef cut down on the fizz drinks, the sugar in it, is giving you too much energy. You arent jumping the queue. I'll get to you when I get to you with it. Capisce? Just get ready and be prepared to answer the firing questions, I'll be throwing at you when giving the lowdown

You honestly expect me to answer any question after dodging your own claim?

Is this religious foolishness or what? Lol
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 11:02am On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
You honestly expect me to answer any question after dodging your own claim?
Is this religious foolishness or what? Lol
I understand. Of course, once the truth hits you, it will shut you up, lol.
Hopefully you wont continue to carefree ignorantly headstrongly, nonchalantly, flippantly and generalising be using the word "religion" after the fyi, lol
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by aadoiza: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Lol....spoken confidently in ignorance.

Take a look at the human development index that uses various socio-economic variables to rank countries in terms of development. The pattern is clear.

It is also of no wonder that the USA is the most religious developed country and it ranks the worst in healthcare and many other indices among developed countries.

The emboldened confirms what I already knew about you. People like you see what they want to see

1 Like

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
aadoiza:

The emboldened confirms what I already knew about you. People like you see what they want to see

In other words, you have nothing sensible to say.

grin

Nice
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I understand. Of course, once the truth hits you, it will shut you up, lol.
Hopefully you wont continue to carefree ignorantly headstrongly, nonchalantly, flippantly and generalising be using the word "religion" after the fyi, lol

Still waiting for you to define pure religion.....
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by aadoiza: 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

In other words, you have nothing sensible to say.

grin

Nice
Not 'nothing sensible to say'. I don't like dragging issues I know has no real impacts in the society for too long, especially when it's online.
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 11:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
ARGUMENT 4 (DAY-4 20/APRIL/20)
A PROBLEM OF TRAGEDY EVIL AND NATURAL DISASTERS

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
Epicurus

A great question people ask when tragedy and natural disasters happen is where is God? Religious theists can not answer this question adequately as it provides a great problem with the theory of a "good and just" God.

-Why does God allow terrible things to happen to good people?
-Why does God allow innocent children to die of starvation in Africa?
-Why does God allow natural disasters like earthquakes to kill both sinners and innocent people indiscriminately?

There are four flawed religious answers to these questions

1) God gives man freewill. We shouldnt Judge God based on what man does with his freewill!
-A natural disaster has no freewill and there is nothing man can do with his freewill against an earthquake (except run/help survivors)
-An omniscient God can not give freewill. Such a God knows everything- what will happen and when it will happen- predetermination!

2) God is punishing the wicked (Gays destroy society false argument grin)
-Worse things even happen to those people who worship him and innocent children.
-An earthquake doesnt care if you are good or bad.
-Such a God can not be just. Why not Judge people individually rather than kill indiscriminately with floods and disaters?

3)God is doing in for a greater good! We are not omnipotent and so we can't judge
-Really? God couldnt find a better way of achieving the greater good than to let children drown in a tsunami
-Greater good for who? The societies ravaged by earthquakes? The dead victims?

4) God is not involved in these tragedies!
-Erm, he impotent or selfish not to help.

Atheist debunking christians on Hurricanes and God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3nqusrn4pg

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bimbo Odukoya Is Not In Hell: That Story You Heard Was Not True / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From Satan? / Where Can I Do 3months Bible Crash Course In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.