Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,160 members, 7,957,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:03 AM

Fashola For Chief Of Staff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola For Chief Of Staff (2020 Views)

Power Minister Blames Fashola For Poor State Of Power Supply / Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots For Her Constituents, Nigerians React / Tinubu Begs Fashola For Employment Slots When Made Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola For Chief Of Staff by Azeez532(m): 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
koffsman:
Humm Fashola the only man that went head to head with Tinubu and came out Victorious I stan him

That's if both of them are not using us as pawns in their chess game. I don't trust this politicians
Re: Fashola For Chief Of Staff by koffsman(m): 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
Trust is an understatement if any of them tells me it's day break I will reconfirm if it's true
Azeez532:

That's if both of them are not using us as pawns in their chess game. I don't trust this politicians
Re: Fashola For Chief Of Staff by 7lives: 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
princemillla:

I wonder how you people reason sometimes.
Am sure u r not a lagosian. U came from wherever u came from to struggle the chances lagosian has to survive yet u will still insult ur host.

It's just a pity Lagos doesn't put his citizens first. Otherwise it would be difficult for u guys to struggle for jobs here in Lagos.

Eye don dey open o, this coro nation is helping to reset brains in Lagos.
Only registered and identified indigenes dey collect parliatives o.
If them like make dem plenty pass sand, even other Yorubas no dey get parliatives.
Re: Fashola For Chief Of Staff by jumobi1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2020
fykes:

There's nothing to retract and u will be d ignorant one since I work in government circles.. Everybody knows but nobody says... The only reason why kyari powers is obvious and other past COS weren't is bcoz buhari gave "a name to the tag" he made official an unofficial truth.
In government, after the gov, or president the next powerful duo who actually run the govt are Chief of staff and the secretary of state.
They are appointees but they control access and deference to and from the seat of power.
I get that most people expect governments to be transparent and by the book, it's just not that way anywhere. More things happen behind d scene than on the scene.
If u really understand the duties and previledges of a CoS, u will know this guys occupy a position akin to what Lucifer had before he fell.

You make some points but even Aisha Buhari said Kyari controls Buhari. That’s not how it should be. Even when Buhari was unavailable, top level officials were reporting to him instead of to the Vice President.

By the way, in the countries you say Chief of Staffs and Secretary of States are the next most powerful duo, do those countries have a Secretary to the Government of the Federation? I know the US has a Secretary of State but no SGF. You really can’t compare the US structure to Nigeria’s.
Re: Fashola For Chief Of Staff by fykes(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2020
jumobi1:

You make some points but even Aisha Buhari said Kyari controls Buhari. That’s not how it should be. Even when Buhari was unavailable, top level officials were reporting to him instead of to the Vice President.

By the way, in the countries you say Chief of Staffs and Secretary of States are the next most powerful duo, do those countries have a Secretary to the Government of the Federation? I know the US has a Secretary of State but no SGF. You really can’t compare the US structure to Nigeria’s.
Bros I am not comparing oo. Am just telling how things work. I'm talking the secretary in terms of their duties.. Here we have sgf.. It's d same duties they do... Ideally, the SGF should be d next powerful bcoz even d Chief of staff works off his roaster. Under GEJ it was like that.
The sgf was controlling government seat of power... But what really obtains is that u find that critical govt decisions is often deliberated BTWn the president and his CoS. U can check it... Every governor, president, the party can nominate ur vice, but the chief of staff is his sole responsibility, often his "man friday" and they don't waste time to name a chief of staff bcoz the person is someone they already know they can confide in over the years.
A chief of staff is like a PA. to a big man...he can represent him, he's assumed to be someone very close to the man most times more influential than his wife which is not supposed to be but still very much obtainable in practice.
Re: Fashola For Chief Of Staff by Evagrynd(f): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
nawa oo, kyari will be turning in his grave now

meanwhile you can be making money online while at home via the link below https://iemmoney.xyz/980147412512451/
Re: Fashola For Chief Of Staff by Agboriotejoye(m): 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
jumobi1:

Guy don't be misinformed. In the US, after the president, the VP is the next most powerful followed by the speaker of the house, then the secretaries of state, defence, justice, treasury etc. The chief of staff is not more powerful than these people in that country.
Re: Fashola For Chief Of Staff by jumobi1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Guy don't be misinformed. In the US, after the president, the VP is the next most powerful followed by the speaker of the house, then the secretaries of state, defence, justice, treasury etc. The chief of staff is not more powerful than these people in that country.

I’m not misinformed. I know the structure. Factually the Chief of Staff can have more power based on the closeness to the President. It’s just abused in Nigeria where too officials will bypass the VP when the president is not around.
Re: Fashola For Chief Of Staff by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
jumobi1:

I’m not misinformed. I know the structure. Factually the Chief of Staff can have more power based on the closeness to the President. It’s just abused in Nigeria where too officials will bypass the VP when the president is not around.
That he can have more power is not just because of his closeness alone. It's if the president wills it so. There are aides who are also close to the president like the NSA and ADC. I gave an example of Al-Mustapha during the Abacha era. He was a Major and the CSO then but was more powerful than even generals then. It's an anomaly and not a frequent occurrence.

I've seen this happen even in smaller organisations too. Like a federal institution I once knew very well. What i can say about such arrangements is that the power holder seeks to have an alibi in his dealings which he knows others who may be able to confront him won't be comfortable with. So he picks someone whose loyalty he's sure of to run such sinister errands. As such, he is insulated from criticisms and frictions that will occur as his agenda is implemented while the shadow guy takes all the flack. The shadow guy enjoys the status as well and also benefits himself in the long run but the end is usually unpleasant.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar’s Son Shares Rice,handsanitizer,nosemask As Palliative To Adamawa / FG Approves $3.02bn For Port Harcourt- Maiduguri Rail Line / Video: Protesters Storm Bourdillon, Ikoyi Residence Of Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.