Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,348 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths (56826 Views)

Lagos Confirms 3 More Coronavirus Deaths / Lagos Confirms 4 COVID-19 Deaths / Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by jaxxy(m): 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
aaking:
It is well . Lagos state is doing all they could do to contain the virus. But those using it for business are jokingly spreading the virus among themselves.

FG to Masses : social distance

FG to FEC: SOCIAL GATHERED Executive grin grin grin cheesy

Can u see almost all of them wore masks
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by OLAFIMIX(f): 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
SavageResponse:

Does it have a filter or it just ordinary cloth?
it has
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by rusher14: 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

You cannot control randomness in any scenerio, especially not with a virus this infectious and more less a country like Nigeria and a place like Lagos.

The only thing that can help us with what is coming is a vaccine. Trust me. We cannot contain this, even China couldn't and you can see how very very responsive they were.

How can we hope to contain this, when our govt is not very reactive?

Name the country that was proactive.

A country of 200 million has 13 deaths but you are here making lousy statements.

I asked you to suggest a solution and you are saying a vaccine - that's such a genius idea .

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2020
rusher14:

What kind of human beings are you in Nigeria?

Is Nigeria the only country with Coronavirus that you must make a conspiracy of its spread?

Up until Abba Kyari succumbed to the virus many of your likes said it didn't exist.

Just pray it doesn't visit your home.
Nigeria politicians fabricates anything for monetary gain.
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by Nephilim: 2:01pm On Apr 18, 2020
If they had no record of travel history or came in contact with any infected persons then how did they contact it, did it fell from heaven upon them! Unmh,
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by rusher14: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
comshots:
Nigeria politicians fabricates anything for monetary gain.

Which Nigerian politician did you work with?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by Hadsty23(m): 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2020
We looking unto you oh Lord... Safe our Nation!
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 18, 2020
tammie24:
My own question is

Who is in charge now that Abba Kyari is gone?

Maman daura
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by Babapyro: 2:03pm On Apr 18, 2020
When we were telling fools here that this thing will get worse because they're not testing enough people, they were calling me doomsday,now brace for the worst moments of your lives, but I pray God will save us from this mess.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by aaking(m): 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
jaxxy:

Can u see almost all of them wore masks

Not all. While some used handkerchief of which they'll still use in cleaning there face
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by rusher14: 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
Nephilim:
If they had no record of travel history or came in contact with any infected persons then how did they contact it, did it fell from heaven upon them! Unmh,

It means they are 3rd or 4th persons removed from the prime carrier.

If the carrier (1) came in from UK, got in Uber (2), whose son (3) bought akara and came in contact with people (4) and number 4 dies.

It would be very difficult to track how such a person got infected.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by AureliusWolf: 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
comshots:
It's not all of them that died of coronavirus.Some may be malaria or asthma.You don't know that ncdc are getting funds for this lockdown.They are paid allowance for update and other activities they undertake.So if the lockdown is lifted they may not be getting more money from government, private companies and WHO.
Please just shut up, you're not making any sense, this is one of the most utterly ridiculous things I've heard, these kind of nonsense are only fit for drunken minds in pubs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by SenecaTheYonger: 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
rusher14:

Name the country that was proactive.

A country of 200 million has 13 deaths but you are here making lousy statements.

I asked you to suggest a solution and you are saying a vaccine - that's such a genius idea .

You seem angry that I'm predicting the future of your country lol. I bet before the lock down, you thought the cases were going to go down to zero case or one case a day, instead it's increasing exponentially.

South Korea was proactive, China was proactive, Taiwan they all had it under control. Believe me, lots more people would have died if not for the responsiveness of these countries and more.

It seems you think we're doing the best lol. No, as usually, we're not.
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by tomdon(m): 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

GUYS, THIS IS IT! COMMUNITY SPREADING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED IN THAT TWEET. I REPEAT, THE VIRUS IS NOW SPREADING IN OUR LOCAL COMMUNITIES - THE LOCK DOWN FAILED.

WHAT THEY WON'T TELL YOU IS THAT THE LOCK DOWN WAS SUPPOSED TO PREVENT COMMUNITY SPREADING, BUT IT FAILED.

IF WE CANNOT MASSIVE TEST (50,000 TEST/DAY) WE CANNOT CONTAIN THE COMMUNITY SPREAD EITHER.

This is not the first tweet confirming this.
It has been obvious that we're on a very long haul
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by Neoteny7: 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

GUYS, THIS IS IT! COMMUNITY SPREADING HAS BEEN CONFIRMED IN THAT TWEET. I REPEAT, THE VIRUS IS NOW SPREADING IN OUR LOCAL COMMUNITIES - THE LOCK DOWN FAILED.

WHAT THEY WON'T TELL YOU IS THAT THE LOCK DOWN WAS SUPPOSED TO PREVENT COMMUNITY SPREADING, BUT IT FAILED.

IF WE CANNOT MASSIVE TEST (50,000 TEST/DAY) WE CANNOT CONTAIN THE COMMUNITY SPREAD EITHER.

Calm down

Community spread has been happening for a while. The lockdown is intended to reduce rate of infection, which is actually working, else the confirmed cases would be much higher.

It takes a while during lockdown to drastically reduce transmission.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2020
Onyeloni:
FG should enforce a law to enable individuals withdraw part of their pension fund wallet to start other businesses other than dying to leave the money for them. I know quite well those next of kin stuff is stressful.

At this trying time the poor need money.
Good idea!!!
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by SenecaTheYonger: 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2020
Neoteny7:

Calm down

Community spread has been happening for a while. The lockdown is intended to reduce rate of infection, which is actually working else the confirmed cases would be much higher.

It takes a while during lockdown to drastically reduce transmission.

Then why are the cases increasing everyday since the lockdown? Well, the only good news I can give you is that the virus will eventually burnout on it's own and become impotent, but how long before that happens, i don't know. God speed.
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by Charmingpet: 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
Amotolongbo:
My own question now is.

Will Abba Kyari will be counted as Lagos death or Abuja?
Nigeria death.
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by maasoap(m): 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
Nemere2020:
The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Professor Akin Abayomi confirmed this via his Twitter handle.

#COVID19Lagos Update

*️⃣32 new #COVID19 cases were confirmed in Lagos on April 17, 2020.
*️⃣Total number of confirmed cases in Lagos now stands at 286.
*️⃣Sadly, Lagos has recorded 3 more deaths bringing total number of #COVID19 related deaths in Lagos to 13.
https://twitter.com/ProfAkinAbayomi/status/1251467413788516353?s=19

*️⃣The deceased are 2 males and 1 female aged 52, 63 and 67. Two of the dead had underlying health issues.

*️⃣ The 2 males had no travel history or record of contact with any infected person.
https://twitter.com/ProfAkinAbayomi/status/1251467417928204289?s=19

The shiit is getting real.
Melinda Gates called on the international community to come to the aid of Africa, the likes of FFK twisted her comment to mean that she was wishing catastrophe for Africa and mumu ones on Nairaland fell for it.
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by rusher14: 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

You seem angry that I'm predicting the future of your country lol. I bet before the lock down, you thought the cases were going to go down to zero case or one case a day, instead it's increasing exponentially.

South Korea was proactive, China was proactive, Taiwan they all had it under control. Believe me, lots more people would have died if not for the responsiveness of these countries and more.

It seems you think we're doing the best lol. No, as usually, we're not.

How were these countries proactive when they each suffered more infection and deaths than Nigeria?

South korea recorded over 200 deaths and at the moment they are still experiencing infections.

Let's not even go into China that has hidden facts about the rate .

By the way, I'm a scientist so telling me I expected it to reduce to zero means I threw away my science.

I have continued to ask you to profer a solution yet you keep avoiding it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by Angelfrost(m): 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Lol, you don't think this virus is a big deal right? I hope you don't have elderly ones you love.

When this virus is done with us, we'll be begging Bill Gates for his 666 vaccine.

Of course I know the virus is no joke... Same way I know its virulence is clearly less in Africa compared to Europe, else by early April we should have recorded a minimum of 100 to 200 deaths (Going by the disease prevalence and progression across the globe).

Calm down with that morbid prediction, we will beg Mr. Gates for nothing... Let America and Europe be his beneficiaries!!! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by aameyah(f): 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

The lockdown failed mostly because people didn’t adhere to it. People were still visiting and moving up and down, it was just businesses that were affected. And those that opened used the opportunity to fleece people. It is this stubbornness, selfishness and greed that will be the undoing of Nigerians. It can still work to an extent if people restrict their movement unless when absolutely necessary. For example, I know a woman who has been indoors mostly for about a month with her kids and they are ok. Who knows what would have happened if they were still moving as per business as usual? No visits, no visitors.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by Canberra55: 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
Counting on no counting, is he coming back for Ramadan this year?

quote author=Amotolongbo post=88578075]My own question now is.

Will Abba Kyari will be counted as Lagos death or Abuja?[/quote]
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by SenecaTheYonger: 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
rusher14:

How were these countries proactive when they each suffered more infection and deaths than Nigeria?

This niqqa thinks we're testing enough to know the actual number of infection or death by covid in LAGOS ALONE.

South korea recorded over 200 deaths and at the moment they are still experiencing infections.

This niqqa is comparing SK that does 500,000 test a day with Nigeria that does less than 2k test a day. He think our numbers are more accurate than people who have tested more than half of their population in a week.

Let's not even go into China that has hidden facts about the rate .

By the way, I'm a scientist so telling me I expected it to reduce to zero means I threw away my science.

Can you imagine that this Nigerian is a scientist, but does'nt know we barely have accurate data due to low testing to even compared with any country outside Africa?

I have continued to ask you to profer a solution yet you keep avoiding it.

The solution would have been to shut down international travel and borders before Buhari's daughter and Abba Kyari came back. The solution would have been do shut down the country the miniute we had a single case in Egypt. Your govt failed, now you're here on NL looking for solution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by Godson32(m): 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
Amotolongbo:
My own question now is.

Will Abba Kyari will be counted as Lagos death or Abuja?
It will be counted as Aso Rock death, Aso Rock 1........Expecting more, bastards!
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by kem9178: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
yinujirr9u
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by kem9178: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by SenecaTheYonger: 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2020
Angelfrost:

Of course I know the virus is no joke... Same way I know its virulence is clearly less in Africa compared to Europe, else by early April we should have recorded a minimum of 100 to 200 deaths (Going by the disease prevalence and progression across the globe).

Calm down with that morbid prediction, we will beg Mr. Gates for nothing... Let America and Europe be his beneficiaries!!! grin

lol
Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by OriOko88(m): 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
Its coming oooo. Everybody gear up, Nigeria is about to be hit.

BTW, mizwisdom, I saw your hand o, you sent the mods to ban me rt. You're a slowpoke. Hedgehog. You sucks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by Neoteny7: 2:26pm On Apr 18, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Then why are the cases increasing everyday since the lockdown? Well, the only good news I can give you is that the virus will eventually burnout on it's own and become impotent, but how long before that happens, i don't know. God speed.

Every single country that's locked down tighter than us has a period of peaking before it plateaus as people comply. As long as sick people are not hiding in the populace in overwhelming numbers I'd say our rates are better than most.

Let's hope it goes on like this and even better.

Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Confirms 3 Coronavirus Deaths by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
Looters this is the time to release the free money you didn't work for, for the sake of humanity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

TIPS ON HOW TO AVOID CONTRACTING THE EBOLA VIRUS / COVID-19: Boss Mustpha Says This Is The Right Time To Lockdown / Help, Can Her Husband Big Manhood Afect The Flow Of Her Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.