Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi (20674 Views)

Attack Threats: Lagos Under Partial Lockdown — Lagos Police Commissioner, Alabi / Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday / Nyesom Wike Has Announced Partial Lockdown Of Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 19, 2020
donbogo:
Initially I was going to say it was a senseless move, but then I reasoned with then based on my own personal experience.

I know someone who travelled down from Rivers state today despite all the noise Gov. Wike is making.
People are exiting and gaining entry via border villages.

Also, I expereinced Covid 19 task force at borders receiving money to allow you pass and can as well patronize their nose mask or sanitizer. It's business.

Then the govt. Is not doing it job well.
Why not station security men at those borders to control the migration of people in that area? With the right security measures, there wont be need for this epileptic lockdown or it will at least make it effective.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Rhino1(f): 7:46am On Apr 19, 2020
Be proactive not reactive ...you need this as a man
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Roozzaay(m): 7:46am On Apr 19, 2020
Is this one normal? So na only for night the virus dey strike?
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Havertz(m): 7:46am On Apr 19, 2020
Ok we don hear
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by litaninja(m): 7:47am On Apr 19, 2020
Lmao. So Coro na night worker?
Issokay.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by joshuaidibia(m): 7:50am On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:
What's all these lockdown in less risky states for?

Prevention.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by ABINTUK(m): 7:51am On Apr 19, 2020
daddytime:
Opportunity for everybody to flex him dictatorial muscle.

I never knew the virus was only active and contagious from 7pm to 7 am.

Everybody just dey give him own order sha

No cohesion of any sort.

In Uyo, the virus is so friendly to the people. It permitted the government to allow us go out by 6am-1pm for just two days. Such a caring and an understanding virus. Although in some States the virus goes to sleep by 6pm and by 7pm people troop out to buy Suya...
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by toprealman: 7:51am On Apr 19, 2020
daddytime:

No cohesion of any sort.
The guys never fail to show how clueless they are. Pre-corona virus era, what will anyone be doing outside by 7PM?
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Digmygold: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2020
Dumb governor.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by kiwi007: 7:53am On Apr 19, 2020
Eulalia:

Then the govt. Is not doing it job well.
Why not station security men at those borders to control the migration of people in that area? With the right security measures, there wont be need for this epileptic lockdown or it will at least make it effective.
. The fact remain that any law enforcement agency nigeria goverment provide to enforce lockdown or to stay at the border post will always take bribe or should i say compromise ....
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by ABINTUK(m): 7:54am On Apr 19, 2020
tempem:
The beginning!
The idea to mount CCTV cameras and sanctioning offenders
makes sense. But the question is, will it be implemented?

https://tomvad.com/7-coronavirus-scams-and-tips-to-avoid-them/

The cameras may not even be functional...

Gov.... DPO what happened to the cameras?

DPO.... Your Excellency, the battery was low.

Case close.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by McCoy662(m): 7:55am On Apr 19, 2020
jugger:
Will the virus be observing a ceasefire during 7am - 7pm? undecided
Ebonyi/ Ebonyians has many joints they patronize in the evening. Some joints have over 100 people drinking and merrying at a time. At this joints, you will hear a lot of self generated cure for Covid-19. Some will say, dry gin can cure it, some will clearly tell you that taking a lot of chloroquine will keep Covid-19 far from your doorstep. Others will tell you that staying under the sun can cure it.
All efforts by the state government to check the false cure being peddled at this joints has yielded no result.
I guess that's why government imposed the curfew so people won't have time to be sharing their own "medication" with others.
During the day, everyone is quite busy at work and has no time for Covid-19 issues.

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Digmygold: 7:55am On Apr 19, 2020
daddytime:

It defeats the essence and purpose of the lockdown and renders the 7 pm to 7 am lockdown senseless because most people will be settling indoors by then anyways.

Wise man.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by cijero26(m): 7:55am On Apr 19, 2020
The governor that pays his workers(civil servants) 40% of their salary and pays his political officers and appointees 200% salary. Ban Okada then reduce numbers on Keke and Bus still mandate them to collect the normal fare. No palliative.
Lt. Gen. DAVE UMAHI is a Dictator in Ebonyi State
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:56am On Apr 19, 2020
daddytime:

No cohesion of any sort.

That is why Nigeria is a federal republic. So each we can do things as we think they are right for us.

Look at Lagos having 26 test centers that will begin operating on monday while Abuja, the head that is sick, is not being as proactive. I just dey the city dey fear.

We don't need to all live and die together.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by kiwi007: 7:58am On Apr 19, 2020
captainamiedi1:
Does the virus have time for movement?? But I admire his border blocking method. 7 different post before you finish bribing those 7 post, you would have know how much you have lost. And it will take you 5 hours to bargain you bribe terms.
lol bro you of all people should know how dubious nigeria forces can be ... Bribing 7 security post is nothing... If you think its imposible ask people that ply benin ondo express road they wil tell you
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by daddytime(m): 7:58am On Apr 19, 2020
ABINTUK:

In Uyo, the virus is so friendly to the people. It permitted the government to allow us go out by 6am-1pm for just two days. Such a caring and an understanding virus. Although in some States the virus goes to sleep by 6pm and by 7pm people troop out to buy Suya...

Hahaha haha.

You be idiot aswear. I can see how much the Corona is helping you hone your comedy skills.

Well done bro.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by EternalBeing: 7:59am On Apr 19, 2020
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by tempem: 7:59am On Apr 19, 2020
ABINTUK:

The cameras may not even be functional...

Gov.... DPO what happened to the cameras?

DPO.... Your Excellency, the battery was low.

Case close.

grin grin
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by McCoy662(m): 8:01am On Apr 19, 2020
cijero26:
The governor that pays his workers(civil servants) 40% of their salary and pays his political officers and appointees 200% salary. Ban Okada then reduce numbers on Keke and Bus still mandate them to collect the normal fare. No palliative.
Lt. Gen. DAVE UMAHI is a Dictator in Ebonyi State
Whoever told u this is a liar. Go get your figures right

1 Like

Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by KosiGee(m): 8:03am On Apr 19, 2020
daddytime:

No cohesion of any sort.

It could be for security reasons. Acrimonies between warring communities are normally settled between 19:00-07:00.

Restricting movements would prevent that if enforced and effectively monitored. There were emphasis on borders and CCTV, I think this has to do with cross border crisis.
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Jabioro: 8:03am On Apr 19, 2020
daddytime:

No cohesion of any sort.
I tired my brother...
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by WorkTheTalk(m): 8:03am On Apr 19, 2020
A welcome development
Re: Umahi Declares Partial Lockdown (7pm To 7am) In Ebonyi by Clothingonline9(m): 8:04am On Apr 19, 2020
Was partial lockdown I laugh in Spanish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Population To Overtake China’s By 2100 –University Of Washington Study / Rhodes-Vivour: Some Supreme Court Decisions Don't Make Sense Anymore / Osinbajo Receives Buhari Support Group In Aso Rock (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.