Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,882 members, 7,824,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials (75132 Views)

Tola Azeez Awarded N5m Court Over Police Flogging (Photos) / Policemen Who Assaulted Tola Azeez Dismissed In Osun / Tola Azeez: Police Officers Who Flogged A Woman Yesterday In Osun Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by IYANGBALI: 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2020
soojar:

Please can somebody help me find out how much Seun Osewa pays for 'first to comment? because I'm seeing many comments here that are A, B, C, to Z (to book space I guess).

I really need to know so I can start my own vigil of space booking so I can make millions before lockdown is over. Is it not to type A, B, C to book space? easy money, and I've been disturbing myself going to regular work all these while.

Reply needed ASAP
it is very expenses o and I'm sure you can't avoid it
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by OdefaGirl(f): 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
Sometimes I wonder if these guys are from broken homes or domestic violent filled homes.....cz I don't understand where their wickedness is coming from..
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
The story don change from sitting outside to relief materials .

whatever reason it is, the police have right to treat any citizen that way
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by Bahamas95(m): 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2020
undecided

Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by Jeffyblaq(m): 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
Sirmuel1:
Everyone is always going out to get drugs when they are caught!!!

I do not support what the Police did, but then, stop telling lies biko

Lies you said?

What do have to say about the lies you have been fed with in the hands of this failed government ever since?

Don't just sit down n reason to conclude your decision... about someone else.

Does it even worth it?

1 Like

Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by Dollabiz: 3:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
Really
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by BerlinGado(m): 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
DonMustafa:
In a sane country, this woman don hammer. Lawyers will so sue NPF that with the settlement she will get, she will be made for life
I swear but naija nah rubbish
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by cmecproblem(m): 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
All states have free days to quickly get supplies, and then a polite answer will turn wrath away. This woman was rude.
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by Ubdavis(m): 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
Sirmuel1:

Why are u so shallow?. What makes u so sure that she didn't go out to get drug? " Everyone is always going to get drugs" don't make blanket statement like this... It depicts naivety.

3 Likes

Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by Awoleesu(m): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2020
Strongbest:

My biggest concern is, why is no body among our government talking?

Femi or Garbage will tell you they were mourning one AK like that, and were too busy to take note of this...

Buhari, as usual will tell you "Aiam not awaiya..."

While Osunbade will start preaching about why we should not hate the NPF! sad

1 Like

Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by adasbay(m): 3:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
Smartbrainfix:
Sad
Maybe they've not paid him, venting his anger out on the road... Crazy country
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by stagger: 3:46pm On Apr 19, 2020
cmecproblem:
All states have free days to quickly get supplies, and then a polite answer will turn wrath away. This woman was rude.
Sharrap there!

2 Likes

Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by SOFTENGR: 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2020
Sirmuel1:

What else would push a mature man or woman into the street if not food and drug?
Beating someone simply because you are authorised to bear arm is barbaric and crude. No sane human does that. Even if she was simply outside for no reason, is that a reason for the useless policemen to turn to beasts?
No make me vex o!

2 Likes

Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by ReeLoaDead(m): 3:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
Some people make be turned on by this
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2020
At the end of the day it all boils down to your manner of approach.

I drive out often to get things I need in the house and I always get stopped by the police, but once I politely tell them where I am going to and what I need it for ( home necessities) they always let me pass without any hitch.
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by allcomage: 4:05pm On Apr 19, 2020
akinjojo1234:

I drive out often to get things I need in the house and I always get stopped by the police, but once I politely tell them where I am going to and what I need it for ( home necessities) they always let me pass without any hitch.
Just watch the video again.For whatever reason, two police men are flogging a Lady with planks like a thief caught in action. Even as a man ,I feel pained and could not watch it..
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by content208: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Chriswazo:
Cruelty at it's peak, a lady for God's sake, mtcheew. Am pained really

So, it's cool if it is a man that was beaten illegally?

1 Like

Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by allcomage: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Outright dismissal from police force will be a good punishment for this brutality.
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by Hardfact: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
Anyone who has had personal experience with regular Nigerian Police men on the street. certainly does not need to be told the truth, what most
likely transpired even before watching and re-watching it. To be honest, it is out of the ordinary to meet a policeman and see him speak politely or act nicely to you.

An encounter with the police is many a time actually like being caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. If you are too polite, it is a sign you are a novice and they will take advantage and want to exploit you and make you guilty over nothing, if you try to be bold and show you right, they will claim you are rude and abusive - Either way, you get screwed.

To make matters worse, the police authorities and high ranking officers are quick to shield their erring juniors when such videos go public and the matter gets to their desk, unless they see the case at hand is beyond their control.

This is Nigeria.
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by emenezer(m): 4:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
Indeed there was a country
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by officialfestus(m): 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2020
AngelUhate:
Those police men beat up their wives at home so beating the living demon out of that woman wasn't an issue for them.

Foolish men. No matter what she did why would u flog her like she stole ur scrotum? Na for unarmed civilian body Una dey get power.
lolz
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by beejay501: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
Nawa o...so Seun no fit do giveaway for him people...oga o
Baba stingy gan

1 Like

Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by kunletexs: 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
The story don change from sitting outside to relief materials .

Hear say account are actually different from victim's account.

But even if sitting in front of her house, should the foolish police officer flog her at all. Please let not excuse the stupidity of a power drunk officers
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by kunletexs: 4:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
Hardfact:
Anyone who has had personal experience with regular Nigerian Police men on the street. certainly does not need to be told the truth, what most
likely transpired even before watching and re-watching it. To be honest, it is out of the ordinary to meet a policeman and see him speak politely or act nicely to you.

An encounter with the police is many a time actually like being caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. If you are too polite, it is a sign you are a novice and they will take advantage and want to exploit you and make you guilty over nothing, if you try to be bold and show you right, they will claim you are rude and abusive - Either way, you get screwed.

To make matters worse, the police authorities and high ranking officers are quick to shield their erring juniors when such videos go public and the matter gets to their desk, unless they see the case at hand is beyond their control.

This is Nigeria.

WOW! ORE PE!!! You have my vote
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by soojar(m): 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2020
IYANGBALI:
it is very expenses o and I'm sure you can't avoid it

I say I want to make money that you should help me find out how much Nairaland will pay me if I'm first to comment (because I don't want to believe there is nothing these people that are always rushing to book space so they can be first to comment are gaining for doing so) you are still telling me I can't afford it?

I beg help me find out how much those space 'bookers' are earning biko
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by Americanboy35: 4:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
how i wish this did not happen in that nigeria
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by kunletexs: 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2020
akinjojo1234:

That you meet with some very reasonable ones does not make you situation as the same with others in terms of police politeness.

If you are in Nigeria, are you saying the various police killings of innocent citizens or the brutality of same are all from ill-manner of approach?

I have seen at two different occasion where the police officers' manner at the beginning of the situation made me conclude that not all men in uniform are SANE.
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by donbrowser(m): 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2020
Sirmuel1:

Thank God you know people can lie too much
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by kumulus(m): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
DonMustafa:
In a sane country, this woman don hammer. Lawyers will so sue NPF that with the settlement she will get, she will be made for life

You begin to wonder what use are the lawyers in this country if they can't thrash and win cases like this in court. Until our lawyers are able to seize opportunities as this and get much needed justice, our force administration won't sit up. The officers will so be at the receiving end of what's about to hit.....all their gragra is about to be quelled. Just watch!!

1 Like

Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by onyxo76(m): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
The Inspector General of Police, IGP M.A Adamu, NPM, mni condemns this unwarranted, unnecessary and unjustifiable assault on this innocent citizen (as shown in the attached viral video), at the Odo Ori Market, Iwo Osun State by men of the Force attached to Iwo Division, Osun Command.

Following the IGP’s condemnation and directives that the Commissioner of Police immediately arrest and bring the officers to book, CP Johnson Kokumo mni, the Commissioner of Police in charge of Osun State Command where the incident occurred, has arrested the officers involved in the unfortunate incident. They are Inspector Ikuesan Taiwo with AP NO 251724 and PC Abass Ibrahim with Force No. 509634. The duo are currently being detained and their orderly room trial had since commenced.

The IGP reiterates that the Police under his watch will not condone any act of misconduct and recklessness on the part of its personnel. He enjoins the citizens to continue to cooperate with the leadership of the Force as it strives to reposition the NPF into an effective, efficient and people-friendly Force.

DCP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS
ABUJA
18th April, 2020
Re: Tola Azeez Flogged By Policemen On Her Way To Get Drugs & Some Relief Materials by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
kunletexs:

That you meet with some very reasonable ones does not make you situation as the same with others in terms of police politeness.

Well you have a point there. It might also be related to the fact that based on where one lives there is a type of police officer that will be sent there. For example I doubt they will send those illiterate ones to places like Ikoyi where just a phone call will get their DPO demoted or dismissed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Teenager Caught Having Carnal Knowledge Of Child In The Church / FUNAAB Postgraduate Student: 'I Was Raped Through The Anus & Private Part' / Inside Nigeria’s Deadly Money Ritualists: Human Parts Traded Like Commodities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.