Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. (48611 Views)

Zidane Watched Inter Miami Cup Final Loss, Meets David Beckham And Lionel Messi / David Beckham And Daughter, Harper Share A Kiss. Fans React (Photos) / "I Regret Spending N9.6m To Look Like David Beckham" – Fan Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Asour: 11:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
chiefolododo:
Nay.Becham is talking of something that happened in 2013, where was Messi when Liverpool thrashed Barcelona 4-0? Rooney is just jealous, Rooney doesn't know that he is better than Messi? If he has a team like Barcelona that plays for only him. It is impossible for you to score more than Messi in any match. He will sell you

If it is really impossible to score more than Messi in any match (For risk of being sold) why then was Suarez [who scored more than Messi in many games in 2015— becoming the top scorer in laliga] not sold?

Why is he still at Barca till date following your verdict?
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Bahddo(m): 11:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokerman:

Pele
Eto'o
Simeone
Maradona
Zidane
Nani
Quaresma
lol. Maybe apart from Nani and Quarezma his countrymen, all the others have called Messi better or even the best at some point.

I hope you know Zidane picked Messi over Cristiano when listing his best squad. Don't be an ignorant fanboy.

And no, Maradona or Pele would never call Cristiano the greatest ever. It's only Messi they talk about in comparison with themselves when it comes to being the GOAT.

Cristiano only gets compared with Messi because he is football fans' only hope for a rivalry, not because he is on Messi's level. That's why you people keep spewing the nonsense about talent and hard work.

2 Likes

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
charlesm91:
guy go sleep you no get argument.
No sleep at all ooo...
Stay awake till Coronavirus is eradicated from the World.. undecided

Beckham is more mentioned in Pop culture references than Cristiano, forget the social media hype!!

Have you watched 'Bend it like Beckham'??

Beckaham has more filmography to his name..

Cover more magazine ..

And has been a fashion icon far before Social Media existed...

What Cristiano is trying to become in Popularity (I am not talking of fake social Media followers), Beckham has been like that long long time ago and still relevant after retirement!!!

May be Beckham will even buy Cristiano to Inter Miami, who knows!!! cool

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by chiefolododo(m): 11:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
Asour:

If it is really impossible to score more than Messi in any match (For risk of being sold) why then was Suarez [who scored more than Messi in many games in 2015— becoming the top scorer in laliga] not sold?

Why is he still at Barca till date following your verdict?
that was 2015, try it now and see yourself playing at Eibar
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by seunayantokun(m): 11:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokerman:
Lolssss grin

I have said this time without number...

We all know the conspiracy against Ronaldo, shebi that's why he was denied the 6th ballondor

However since Pele( �) goes with Cr7, his opinion carries more weight than any player on earth grin

CR7 must have offended some fellows
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
chiefolododo:
What are you saying excatly?
Never mind!!!
I understand.
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Omijin: 11:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:
That is his personal opinion.

Let Messi leave Spanish League and come and perform in Premier League let me see.

are you trying to tell us that football in premierchip is more challenging than that of Spain. What is special about England football, league wey be sey na foreign players it rely on.
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by michealdeco: 11:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:

Let Messi leave Spanish League and come and perform in Premier League let me see.

the same premier league that a Fourth placed team in Spain trashed their undefeated first placed team in champions league
Lol

I wonder when jumping from one club to another became an achievement
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by okonyia(m): 11:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
Some times I wonder how people can be so afraid or call it coward in nature. How can some one who has been in one club all his life better than the one who has played in three different clubs in different countries and wone all the truphy. Becamp with due respect, doesn't want to say the truth. CR7 till kingdom come is better, than Messi. Messi should prove me wrong by leaving Bacalona to another club, wine truphies like CR7, then I will start listening to all these guys who are looking for favour by making comments that we all know is fake

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by jaxxy(m): 11:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
Techiekingee:

Ronaldo has scored 129 goals with his left foot and messi, 90 goals with his Right.... you'll agree wuth me that the difference is negligible....

To an extent yes bt maradona still called him a one dimensional player from analysing his play especially recently.
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Zoroaster: 11:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
jaxxy:

Messi is good or rather great no doubt bt he has sm major weaknesses which doesn’t make him better than Ronaldo.

1. He is a one dimensional player like maradona said.

2. He can not lead or inspire his team mates from his wonderful play. His play doesn’t resonate to his teammates very well. Like pele this is Smtn Ronaldo produces effortlessly.
someone with a working brain said messi is one dimensional.. The disrespect

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Techiekingee(m): 11:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
jaxxy:

To an extent yes bt maradona still called him a one dimensional player from analysing his play especially recently.
And what do you understand by dat statement??
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by jaxxy(m): 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2020
Techiekingee:

And what do you understand by dat statement??

No I already explained that previously. Bt it can be sum up as not versatile perharps... Not too many options to accomplish ur goal or smtn in certain situations.
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by ucheuzor1(m): 11:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:

Funny you....

So creating threads and being active on sport section equals professionalism ?

That shows signs eh. No biggie.

I'll like to test your feet as pertain this topic. Am quite impressed that a lady could challenge a guy on this.

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by GreatestA1(m): 11:24pm On Apr 19, 2020
chiefolododo:
it seems you don't know football. Did Ronaldo play the second final?
The one that he played, who was the man of the match since you know football?
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Techiekingee(m): 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
chiefolododo:
where was Messi when he lost to Germany in world cup final? Where was Messi when Bale beat him to win Copa del rey? ? Where was Messi when France beat them out of world cup? Outside Barcelona team, Messi is not better than Ramsey (Aaron)
Yes...it proves dat no player is an island....i only brought this up because u asked wer messi was wen dey lost against Liverpool.....

Outside Barcelona team, Messi is not better than Ramsey...go to bed and think about what u'v just uttered.....no long talk...... don't make me say more than this
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Zoroaster: 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
oodua1stson:
there's no point arguing with them. They don't know anything about football. They are all football illiterates. While Ronaldo is a fantastic footballer and one of the all time great, to compare him to Messi who yearly competes with strikes on goals( and outscored them most times). Competes with attacking midfielders on assists( he leads them most times too) and also competes play making with central midfielders by having more completed passes and keys passes.

To compare the most complete footballer in the history of the game to a brilliant goalscorer ( who isn't even a better goalscorer than Messi ) is a total disgrace
messi still beats him in the goal scoring aspect too
Check their goal ratio
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Asour: 11:28pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokerman:

Oga Ronaldo was robbed.

2010- Iniesta was best at world cup, ballondor?
2914- Messi was best at world cup, ballondor?

If ronaldo didn't live Madrid, we know the truth... Don't worry he's gonna win another at Juventus

Iniesta was not the Golden ball winner in 2010 World cup though, that was Diego forlan.

Again, if you say that CR7(a great player by any right) did not win the 2018 BDR because of the acrimony with real Madrid, wouldn't that also suggest that Real Madrid played a (less than ethical) role in him winning the ones he won previously ?

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Techiekingee(m): 11:33pm On Apr 19, 2020
jaxxy:

No I already explained that previous. Bt its can be some up as not versatile perharps... Not too many options to accomplish ur goal or smtn in certain situations.
Not versatile??....omg
Not versatile but messi has had more goals from his weak foot more than ronaldo for the past 3 seasons

Messi has d most chances created in Europe top 5 leagues

Most shots from outside d box....

Please, j won't to sleep...quote me tomorrow and I'll continue
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by cotzywitzy(m): 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
eni4real:
Eder vs Cristiano??
Who is greater for Portugal??

See foolish question. Eder with Ronaldo. Are you dumb? Cos Eder scored in the final of euro he’s greater than Ronaldo for Portugal. So Ronaldo taking Portugal to the World Cup and contributing to Portugal reaching the finals of euro is child’s play.

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by chiboy1116: 11:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:

Baba go sidon , u don't have anything reasonable to say lol. Y'all use this statement all the time , it's stale already
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by chiboy1116: 11:37pm On Apr 19, 2020
chiefolododo:
Nay.Becham is talking of something that happened in 2013, where was Messi when Liverpool thrashed Barcelona 4-0? Rooney is just jealous, Rooney doesn't know that he is better than Messi? If he has a team like Barcelona that plays for only him. It is impossible for you to score more than Messi in any match. He will sell you
u probably should remove the last syllable 'do' from chiefolododo . That name would suit u .
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Finnese001: 11:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
ignis:

stale

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Gbogbowa: 11:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
ThierryJay:
Lol, Jokerman go don dey vex nau o. grin

Remember these are ex-Manutd players with closer ties to CR7 o. Their opinion can be said to be more objective.

As a player, there is no way you'd play with or against both Messi and Ronaldo, and go for CR7 as the better player.
beckam is know with no 7 shirt but Ronaldo take that away from in man u and at real Madrid,so he can't support c boy

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by ozone4oz(m): 11:40pm On Apr 19, 2020
Corona is real
Sanitize ur hands while u argue who's better

Hand sanitizer: You can easily to one yourself

Watch the videos on this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeEnwC1zz4MCXVlYzJ2SCuw/

To learn how to make alcohol based hand sanitizer as recommended by WHO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93eWEg1iqjQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2mbFa44vA
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Jokerman(m): 11:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
Asour:

Iniesta was not the Golden ball winner in 2010 World cup though, that was Diego forlan.

Again, if you say that CR7(a great player by any right) did not win the 2018 BDR because of the acrimony with real Madrid, wouldn't that also suggest that Real Madrid played a (less than ethical) role in him winning the ones he won previously ?

Nope because he actually won his awards fairly... Everyone knows Messi has always been football darling

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Asour: 11:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
cotzywitzy:
I sense jealousy ��� Messi is good but I would never rate him above Ronaldo. Messi is a Barcelona great. Ronaldo is all round. Country and club Ronaldo delivers the moment Messi is outta the Barcelona zone the radar goes off.

That's not really true. factually.

He (Messi) is probably the only active player who has won (at least) an individual award in all tournaments he has participated in.

COPAs.
Olympics.
FIFAWorld cup.
U20 FIFA tournament.

All these weren't done in a Barca shirt.
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by chiboy1116: 11:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokerman:
See Messi himself grin
u never seize to surprise me , always cooking up bs lmao

1 Like

Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Techiekingee(m): 11:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
Jokerman:
Lolssss grin

I have said this time without number...

We all know the conspiracy against Ronaldo, shebi that's why he was denied the 6th ballondor

However since Pele( �) goes with Cr7, his opinion carries more weight than any player on earth grin
Explain y u think e was denied Modric's balon d'Or
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Jokerman(m): 11:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
Bahddo:
lol. Maybe apart from Nani and Quarezma his countrymen, all the others have called Messi better or even the best at some point.

I hope you know Zidane picked Messi over Cristiano when listing his best squad. Don't be an ignorant fanboy.

And no, Maradona or Pele would never call Cristiano the greatest ever. It's only Messi they talk about in comparison with themselves when it comes to being the GOAT.

Cristiano only gets compared with Messi because he is football fans' only hope for a rivalry, not because he is on Messi's level. That's why you people keep spewing the nonsense about talent and hard work.

That means ronaldo has no talent then??
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
cotzywitzy:

See foolish question. Eder with Ronaldo. Are you dumb? Cos Eder scored in the final of euro he’s greater than Ronaldo for Portugal. So Ronaldo taking Portugal to the World Cup and contributing to Portugal reaching the finals of euro is child’s play.
Portugal with Cristiano for 14 years : 0 Trophy
Portugal without Cristiano but with Eder in 1 match: 1 major Trophy!!!

What Cristiano couldn't do in Euro 2004 final, Eder did it in style in 2016 final against a tougher Opponent!!! tongue

Another one:. Cristiano vs Bernaldo Silva?? Who is better for Portugal??
Re: David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. by Jokerman(m): 11:43pm On Apr 19, 2020
Techiekingee:

Did e use it to collect serie a golden boot??... smh

Lol... Ronaldo has won multiple... It means nothing. I'm just answering that guys question ni grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

Elizabeth Johnson Is Dead (Sunshine Queens FC Goalkeeper Dies) / Cristiano Ronaldo 'A Waste Of Money'- Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Free-kick Goal As Juventus Defeat Inter Milan(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.