Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? (24603 Views)

I Hate My Life, I'll Make Sure My Father Suffers At Old Age. / Men, Please Be Good And Kind To Your Wife If You Wish To Enjoy Your Old Age / Blind Couple Who Have Been Married For 40 Years Tell Their Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by nautybride: 8:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
Wolgrace:
The topic itself speaks volume of the "fear of the unknown." Fear is a breeder of present presumption and destroyer of the future.

My observation:

Each generation has its own vision, purpose, destiny, script, accomplishment, and history which must be actualised. The present generation seems to be most carnal, woeful, dreadful, sodomy, abominable, reprobate, abounding iniquities, and prophetic times of last days. Reason this generation is waxing cold in love, wisdom, understanding, knowledge, spirituality, prayer, fasting, mentality, counselling and guidance, discipline, manners, conduct, morality, law, commandments, principle, and carefulness which results to all round wreckages such as separation, divorce, uncontrollable temper and anger, hatred, abuse, intolerance, conspiracy, & disunity in many homes.

The fire against this generation is so huge and disastrous that it takes the strong to conquer, not by riches but double efforts of sustainance e.g WISDOM, ENDURANCE, SELFCONTROL, TOLERANCE, PRAYER, ETC.
You are right. This generation have lost true love.
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by nautybride: 8:29pm On Jun 05, 2020
cayorday89:

Everything you said here were very much experienced in previous generations, reason why I can say this is that I grew up in a face me I face you apartment in one of many buildings scattered on a large acre of land that covers two streets in my first ten years of life and experienced all these traits as a kid in different families, Youths, religious leaders that cut across all religion, and people of different tribes, packed to my father's house which we alone occupied for some time and same were witnessed in this new area even as I grew up to see different generations of parents, Youths, teenagers and religious leaders and its same but more because the population is simply more compared to then, so my point is all these are apart of human nature, we get to hear more of these because of social media and because of more population which gives room for more bad people and also more good people... So it's not a generational thing but a human nature. As a kid I heard people talking about elderly men going to higher institutions to indulge the ladies then who are in there, same happened in my generation and happening now, which generation will you classify all these people of different age bracket, that's just an example I want you to take note of... Last last na you know the values wey you go like choose for yourself and luckily your children might follow suit...
As the OP described above, there are lovely marriages that lasted till old age in past generations and in present generations, same with failed marriages and patchy ones that will just live it out till death calls...
Also on point!
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by CosmicJames(m): 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
worworbabe:

It's a lie. Love would make quarrelling difficult for you. It will nudge at your heart every moment of it that you won't want to ever put yourself or your partner in that situation again. If you quarrel often, what can you claim to love about the other person?
When you understand that quarrel is part of the love that exists between couples, then you will begin to understand why quarrel can't be separated from the experience.

However, quarrelling often is not ideal for true love

Forgiveness, tolerance and understanding is.
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
nautybride:

You are right. This generation have lost true love.

Because the fire is quenched. Its now very obvious that we can't overcome by might because body is an empty calabash. The world rulers of no mercy aint smiling.
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by vickydevoka(m): 4:27am On Jun 06, 2020
smiliyB:
Modify- I decided to adjust the headline, that's my own opinion. My aim of creating this thread is for us to discuss and leave meaningful comments for our own good. Not to start debating on the story's headline.

I have this experience with two married couple on two different occasions on my way back to East. So, I'm just wondering is it that they fell out of love or they never loved each other from the onset. What really happen? What can be done to keep the fire burning (I mean the fire of love oo cheesy) between couples even till old age.

I know you're desperate to know what happened, let me share with you. wink But it's really big sha, so try and be patient. I'll try my best and limit it too.

Before I start, let me talk about my parents a little. I never experience this with my parents, my dad left this world 2007, at the age 63years but I haven't seen where my parents talked back at each other in a disrespectful manner inside the house talk more of doing such outside our home. I was a teenager when my dad left, so it's not that I was a child during those times and I couldn't notice a hot argument. If there's any argument, they do settle it in peace. Okay, Back to the story!

On my way back to East from Lagos State, I came across one couple let say they may be in their late 50's or early 60's. We met on the same place I came to board a vehicle to travel back to my home. I immediately noticed how this couple talks back at each other, at first I thought may it's normal but it was consistent and I was really bordered on how their lives will be inside their house. I sat next to the woman and the husband was on a different row entirely.

The first case, the husband asked the wife if she needs anything, like if she'll eat food and the wife snapped back at him to leave her alone. She said, you have been dragging me up and down since morning and my legs are just paining. I told you let's come straight to this place but you refused and we have moved from ikorodu garage to ojota and finally we are back to that same place you refused to come at first. The husband shouted back at her and left because our bus was still loading. While the wife kept on complaining to herself, even though the husband wasn't there anymore.

I'm very happy she didn't turn to me to complain, I don't really have strength for such, it always drain my energy...Lol... I kukuma mind my business, I didn't even ask anything. This is just one of plenty nags inside the vehicle till we got to East. They were just like cat and rat living together embarassed from my little experience with them.

The second couple is just the exact case like the first couple and almost the same age bracket. Let me not drop excess write up on it. So, after my second experience with this couple, I remembered the first couple and I'm just wondering what is happening Please marry your friends, marry someone you can leave the rest of your life with. Don't just marry because you want to marry and age is no longer on your side. Back to the question I asked earlier, please drop meaningful comments on how couples can sustain their love for each other even till old age. Thanks everyone!
In Igbo land marrying your friend doesn't work lyk dat. Rather marry de man who is ready financially. If u tell me, marry your friend on de North Central I will believe you, dis people no to de follow money
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Chinwe4real(f): 11:36am On Jun 06, 2020
Marriage is not for everybody sha.

Just find out what works for you! If marriage isn't your thing, don't allow society pressure you into feeling miserable for the rest of your life.
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by gracevile: 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
Tozic:

Just because yours didn't work out well doesn't mean someone's else won't. Like you don't still believe that there still exist loyal and faithful remnants.
dont take it the wrong way truth is we cant say for a fact we know someone because of how far or how long u have been together is the shortest rout to death. just open ur eyes
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2020
Pray to God to give you your husband. If He doesn't answer, it means you're destined to be single. If you force yourself on a man by getting pregnant for him, expect the worst.
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by CsRockefeller(m): 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nooil:
Pray to God to give you your husband. If He doesn't answer, it means you're destined to be single. If you force yourself on a man by getting pregnant for him, expect the worst.

Putting God and destined to be single in the same sentence is out of place.

For the thoughts he has for us are thoughts of good, to give us an expected end.
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Tozic: 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2020
gracevile:
dont take it the wrong way truth is we cant say for a fact we know someone because of how far or how long u have been together is the shortest rout to death. just open ur eyes

Yours didn't go well? Would be glad to here from you.
I'm being honest here.

1 Like

Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Putting God and destined to be single in the same sentence is out of place.

For the thoughts he has for us are thoughts of good, to give us an expected end.

Matthew 19:10-12
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Tozic: 12:37pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nooil:

It was the same God you are taking about that gave Adam Eve. It was also the same God that said when a man finds a wife he finds a good thing, so I don't know how God would create a man and a woman and still destine them to be single. That somewhat sounds abusing to Him.

1 Like

Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by CsRockefeller(m): 12:42pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nooil:

Matthew 19:10-12

So my dear sister in the lord, who is an eunuch?
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by gracevile: 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
Tozic:

Yours didn't go well? Would be glad to here from you.
I'm being honest here.
met a guy i liked and wont believe he was any thing other than a good man with a good heart down the line he was a scammer n a thief
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 06, 2020
CsRockefeller:

So my dear sister in the lord, who is an eunuch?

If you lack understanding after reading the Bible, pray to God to give you. I don't have the strength to argue. Bye!
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 06, 2020
Tozic:

It was the same God you are taking about that gave Adam Eve. It was also the same God that said when a man finds a wife he finds a good thing, so I don't know how God would create a man and a woman and still destine them to be single. That somewhat sounds abusing to Him.

Ok
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Tozic: 1:07pm On Jun 06, 2020
[quote author=gracevile post=90370182] met a guy i liked and wont believe he was any thing other than a good man with a good heart down the line he was a scammer n a thief

Perhaps you never got to know who he was before he got you scammed.

1 Like

Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by CsRockefeller(m): 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nooil:

If you lack understanding after reading the Bible, pray to God to give you. I don't have the strength to argue. Bye!

Lol. You want to gaslight me, mba! You can't.

Did you read the previous verse that led to the discussion?

You picked out a verse that didn't correlate with the topic your post in an attempt to justify your own personal opinion and when questioned you japa!

You truly have understanding, typical feminine behaviour.
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Lol. You want to gaslight me, mba! You can't.

Did you read the previous verse that led to the discussion?

You picked out a verse that didn't correlate with the topic your post in an attempt to justify your own personal opinion and when questioned you japa!

You truly have understanding, typical feminine behaviour.

Ok
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by yumu: 4:32pm On Jun 06, 2020
For your marriage to last till old age if you are an AFRICAN lady married to AFRICAN man, do the following:
1. Pray for the success of your home always
2. Respect your husband, even if he is your age mate
3. Love him and follow peace with his people
4. Be hard working and support him, dont do house wife
5: Discuss everything with him, dont keep any secret
6: Make his meal on time and stay with him at table.
7: Always chat with him, dont leave him to himself.
8: Discuss and forgive him always

God bless you.
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Cobi9260: 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2020
Well that really upsetting
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Eshence: 2:15am On Jun 07, 2020
So u think they dont love themselves and they married till old age how many marriage of this days can last till old age oga/madam abeg leave this old-age couple alone and focus on our young couple way no get patience and tolerance for marriage. One thing I know is dat marriage is not a bed of roses
Re: My Experience: How Can Couples Sustain Their Love Even In Old Age? by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 12, 2021
smiliyB:
Modify- I decided to adjust the headline, that's my own opinion. My aim of creating this thread is for us to discuss and leave meaningful comments for our own good. Not to start debating on the story's headline.

I have this experience with two married couple on two different occasions on my way back to East. So, I'm just wondering is it that they fell out of love or they never loved each other from the onset. What really happen? What can be done to keep the fire burning (I mean the fire of love oo cheesy) between couples even till old age.

I know you're desperate to know what happened, let me share with you. wink But it's really big sha, so try and be patient. I'll try my best and limit it too.

Before I start, let me talk about my parents a little. I never experience this with my parents, my dad left this world 2007, at the age 63years but I haven't seen where my parents talked back at each other in a disrespectful manner inside the house talk more of doing such outside our home. I was a teenager when my dad left, so it's not that I was a child during those times and I couldn't notice a hot argument. If there's any argument, they do settle it in peace. Okay, Back to the story!

On my way back to East from Lagos State, I came across one couple let say they may be in their late 50's or early 60's. We met on the same place I came to board a vehicle to travel back to my home. I immediately noticed how this couple talks back at each other, at first I thought may it's normal but it was consistent and I was really bordered on how their lives will be inside their house. I sat next to the woman and the husband was on a different row entirely.

The first case, the husband asked the wife if she needs anything, like if she'll eat food and the wife snapped back at him to leave her alone. She said, you have been dragging me up and down since morning and my legs are just paining. I told you let's come straight to this place but you refused and we have moved from ikorodu garage to ojota and finally we are back to that same place you refused to come at first. The husband shouted back at her and left because our bus was still loading. While the wife kept on complaining to herself, even though the husband wasn't there anymore.

I'm very happy she didn't turn to me to complain, I don't really have strength for such, it always drain my energy...Lol... I kukuma mind my business, I didn't even ask anything. This is just one of plenty nags inside the vehicle till we got to East. They were just like cat and rat living together embarassed from my little experience with them.

The second couple is just the exact case like the first couple and almost the same age bracket. Let me not drop excess write up on it. So, after my second experience with this couple, I remembered the first couple and I'm just wondering what is happening Please marry your friends, marry someone you can leave the rest of your life with. Don't just marry because you want to marry and age is no longer on your side. Back to the question I asked earlier, please drop meaningful comments on how couples can sustain their love for each other even till old age. Thanks everyone!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girl Destroys Feminism In Just 3 Minutes. / Edo Man Uses Juju To Search For N2K His Wife Stole From His Pocket.(Screenshots) / She Divorced Her Husband For Wasting Her Life Savings Of N4.5million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.