Stats: 3,154,441 members, 7,823,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases (70420 Views)

COVID-19: 70 Percent Of Those Who Tested Positive Are Males- Ehanire / Coronavirus: Confirmed Cases In Nigeria Is 30, 3 New Cases In Lagos / Coronavirus: 4 New Cases In Lagos, Nigeria Confirmed By State Ministry Of Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by Hoodbilonia: 5:43am On Apr 20, 2020
Lockdown extended by 6months
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by MrsAdeniyiJones: 5:44am On Apr 20, 2020
Wat70 in Lagos keeee***is it that covid19 is now some pple genotype niiii?please stay at Home EDAKUN.#COVID19

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:44am On Apr 20, 2020
I blame the governement for this spread .

Stay at home on an empty stomach and no electricity won't work .

The stimulus package meant for the 3 red states on total lockdown ha been taken to Katsina and shared among the people there .

Corona dey kill
Hunger too kills slowly

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by SoNature(m): 5:50am On Apr 20, 2020
yusufyo:
Now some fools have started blaming the government. They couldn't appreciate the government when it was trying to confine people in their homes now it has gone out of hand and everyone is trying to change the narrations.

Lock down people without relief items?

Are you okay?

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by anambraamaka: 5:56am On Apr 20, 2020
Eko ni baje
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:59am On Apr 20, 2020
yusufyo:
Now some fools have started blaming the government. They couldn't appreciate the government when it was trying to confine people in their homes now it has gone out of hand and everyone is trying to change the narrations.

Lockdown without stimulus package for the 3 red corona virus states ?

Is that how they practice lockdown in other parts of the world ?

Why would the useless government order a lockdown in Lagos but took the stimulus packages to Katsina that's not on a total lockdown and share among the people there?

E don set na
We are all in this together .

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by AsawanaDgreat: 6:00am On Apr 20, 2020
God please intervene

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by placeofallure(f): 6:06am On Apr 20, 2020
Catchfirez:

Yaba, sabo, onike, akoka is not mainland.. it's outland.

Iwaya, Makoko, Railway compound, Ebute Meta West (Apapa Road) Alagomeji, Oko Baba (the Creek area) Iddo, Otto
Hmmmmn! God save us. We don't deserve this.

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by ajimotoke(m): 6:11am On Apr 20, 2020
When will this f**k stop spreading, we are tired of staying at home oooo, there is hunger in the land. God will help us. smiley
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by edgeconsul: 6:22am On Apr 20, 2020
Corona virus is real
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by Kobicove(m): 6:24am On Apr 20, 2020
REDshouse:
From records we have Lagos mainland LGA leading Lagos chart

2. Ratio of Male to Female confirmed cases as at 2 days ago are ratio 70:30 respectively...

OP please modify your heading, there's a difference between Lagos Mainland and Mainland LGA undecided
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:25am On Apr 20, 2020
Nothing has really changed, we are only aware of the growing numbers, most of them will treat them selves at home and get better, most important is the death rate.

Going by this personal experience, a large number are asymptomatic with mild/moderate symptoms

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_J-7t6ACrz/?igshid=1qjnnots66uio

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by LEBEfirstson: 6:30am On Apr 20, 2020
AS IF WE NO DEY EVER GET MALARIA BEFORE THIS CORONA VIRUS TALK START! THE KAIN MOSQUITO WEY DEY BITE PEOPLE FOR HOUSE EVERY DAY IS ENOUGH FOR SOMEONE TO GET MALARIA, TYPHOID JOIN. EVEN IF YOU RUN TEST ON 95% OF PEOPLE IN LAGOS, YOU GO STILL FIND SYMPTOMS OF MALARIA IN THEIR BODY DUE TO THE KAIN MOSQUITO WEY DEY BITE, CONTAMINATED WATER, HEAT AND SO ON. PEOPLE THAT ARE ALREADY POSITIVE AS THEY CLAIMED, WHY ARE THEY NOT DYING IN NUMBERS EVERY DAY?? YOU GO DEY SEE 5 PERSONS DISCHARGED FROM OUR IDH FACILITY EVERY DAY AS IF THEY HAVE CURE FOR THE CORONVIRUS BUT IT'S ACTUALLY MALARIA TREATMENT THEY ARE GIVING PEOPLE BECAUSE WE ARE USED TO MALARIA AND TYPHOID

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by Judybash93(m): 6:37am On Apr 20, 2020
IlovePMB:
It is finished. The effect of more testing kits. The more the testing, the more the figure. I think the current number of people with covid 19 in Lagos currently would be more than 1 million.

And the states with little or no recorded cases are not doing efficient testing.
I know right and that's why i was scared when the thing hit Lagos.
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by Judybash93(m): 6:39am On Apr 20, 2020
anambraamaka:
Eko ni baje

Eko ti foka sibe

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by africanusvu(m): 6:42am On Apr 20, 2020
IlovePMB:
It is finished. The effect of more testing kits. The more the testing, the more the figure. I think the current number of people with covid 19 in Lagos currently would be more than 1 million.

And the states with little or no recorded cases are not doing efficient testing.
,pls is this Ur disease all about sickness or testing.why ar u serious abt testing ,if one haven't shown any symptoms after two months of Ur disease in Nigeria then why do u think he needs to be tested to force it on them just to complete a targeted figure.its Never a must to be positive unless u guys hav a target u must get to

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by Catchfirez: 6:48am On Apr 20, 2020
placeofallure:

Iwaya, Makoko, Railway compound, Ebute Meta West (Apapa Road) Alagomeji, Oko Baba (the Creek area) Iddo, Otto
Hmmmmn! God save us. We don't deserve this.

Hahaaaha I guess you are well familiar with the area. Grew up in alagomeji
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by Chemist009(m): 6:49am On Apr 20, 2020
You see why illiteracy and a society full of semi illiterates is an impending timebomb? I vividly remember how everyone in Surulere/Yaba axis were downplaying this virus and saying Na joke. How dumb conspiracy theorists wanted to make everyone in Nigeria see corona as a scam and not face the reality.... But now, we are all in this mess together no thanks to those idiots. Anyways, the revolution majority refused to join us saying Na scam, I am sure after this corona, everyone will indeed see the need for a revolution in every facet of our lives and society.

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by naijanaso: 6:52am On Apr 20, 2020
I knew it will come to this. Be prepared, more will happen in that Lagos. We take everything as joke. When they shut them down the first time, they disobeyed and were fully on the streets for exercise not maintaining any form of distance at all. We like to form stubborn. Unfortunately, Nigerians do not have what it takes to not die massively. Everything is politics. You need to be alive to enjoy wealth. People are forming *na me exercise pass* it's being hell staying indoors. Now, will it be heaven dieing?

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by BreconHills(m): 6:52am On Apr 20, 2020
Openbusiness:

Lagos mainland is in the lead because those fuckers put a level 3 infectious disease facility on the mainland, right inside a densely populated residential area. A facility that should have been built in a remote area like snake Island or inside a jungle somewhere that has no civilian population. Why didn't they build it in VI, Ikoyi or Lekki? But they will build it right next to the poor. Do you know that when the coronavirus matter started, all the people who developed symptoms and hoping to get tested, all had to find their way to the IDH in Yaba, some of them took public buses and those areas you have to pass to get there are densely populated too. That's why Mainland has the biggest numbers. God punish this hopeless government

You are fitting facts to prejudice.

IDH has been in yaba for over a 100 years and at that time Yaba was in the suburbs. Lagos was Lagos island, Iddo and Ebutte meta. Maryland and ikeja were in the western region until the early 60's. This is a phenomenon that is common all over the world.

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by ceejay80s(m): 6:52am On Apr 20, 2020
Acidosis:

Wrong headline. There is a difference between Mainland and Mainland LGA.

Most affected local government area is Lagos Mainland LGA. That's places like Ebute Meta. If you're in this axis, better lock yourself indoor 24/7.

Mainland (LGA) as reported here is Ebute Meta
Lagos is Lagos weda na LGA or mainland or ebute metta
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by ceejay80s(m): 6:55am On Apr 20, 2020
blowjohn:

It's like u people dont hear word in that lagos.
I tot this exercise thing was in the news recently
No mind dem , na so dem plenty for Lagos on top exercise, spreading the disease with their sweat

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by israelmao(m): 6:58am On Apr 20, 2020
God is still in charge and we have overcome.

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by aimmoney9: 7:04am On Apr 20, 2020
WE REALLY NEED A PALLADIUM TO THIS BANE RAVAGING THE WORLD OVER
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by hstar: 7:07am On Apr 20, 2020
leadedge:
This is a bloody lie...if anyone relative have passed away on d mainland we would have heard or know some in real life dat might be related to such person but non as came forward...I think this covid in Nigeria is overated
cheesy don't let us say that yet, I'm not saying yes or no, because they are politicising it as well in order to make money. I personally stay in Ebute Metta.
We don't know their truth from lie. If they ask me about how real is corona virus in Nigeria, especially Lagos Mainland, my Ebute Metta, my answer will be yes and no. Yes indicates it's real, but we are being favored by God, if not dead body for don litter the street, and I will also answer no, why? Because any body or anyone who dies of a particular illness now is being termed coronavirus death. Dem Dom spoil everything with politics, hence, we do not know what to believe and we don't know the truth from the falsehood

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by harqinhola(m): 7:09am On Apr 20, 2020
Acidosis:

Wrong headline. There is a difference between Mainland and Mainland LGA.

Most affected local government area is Lagos Mainland LGA. That's places like Ebute Meta. If you're in this axis, better lock yourself indoor 24/7.

Mainland (LGA) as reported here is Ebute Meta

Lagos Mainland is is Yaba inclusive . Following the 20LGA
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by JiffyLou(m): 7:14am On Apr 20, 2020
When they say Lagos mainland they are talking of the local government area and not the entire mainland region in Lagos.
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by redcliff: 7:14am On Apr 20, 2020
post=88638466:
This is getting seriously serious everyday. shocked

May the Almighty God continue to protect everyone of us and our family members from this deadly virus.

We shall not be victims of Coronavirus.

So shall it be if you believe.

Stay safe, wash your hands.
Make sure you hygiene game is on point.

This too shall pass.

The people who are not your family members who contract it, do they deserve to be affected? Stupid prayer.
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by Parisian: 7:15am On Apr 20, 2020
Men generally have a weaker immune system than women due to their bad habits.
KirkoBlack:
I guess male does more hand shaking than females.

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by Parisian: 7:17am On Apr 20, 2020
The prayer is very valid. Stop finding faults where there's none.
redcliff:

The people who are not your family members who contract it, do they deserve to be affected? Stupid prayer.
Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 20, 2020
...too bad!

If only this satanic, self serving government had done the needful by closing the borders earlier, Nigeria wouldn't be in this dire situation!

Nig urgently needs a leader!

Re: COVID-19 : 70 New Cases In Lagos, Lagos Mainland Has Highest Number Of Cases by 9jaRealist: 7:20am On Apr 20, 2020
I am not sure why so many seem surprised that the more tests you conduct, the more positives you are likely to end up with...
It’s the trend globally, so no reason to believe it’ll be different with Nigeria, but the raw numbers are not particularly informative.

The NCDC are probably testing more people daily now than they were testing weekly before...
Accordingly, the more informative figures will be the RATE of infection - that is, number of positives relative to number tested.

When the testing numbers are published on Friday, it’d give us a much better picture. If NCDC tests 5-10K persons this week (goal is 1.5-2K tests daily), and ends up with 4-500 positives, it’s better than when they were testing 100 daily and ending up with 20 positives.

>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Dies Of Coronavirus In Delta State After Visiting Lagos / Social Distancing In Aba: Access & First Bank In Pictures (Video) / The Coronavirus Seems To Like Cold Weather