Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat (4198 Views)

Fable Of The Porcupine / My Father Has A Bat In His Wardrobe: Should I Be Worried? / I Killed This Bat The Enemy Sent To My House At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by zyzxx(m): 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
LordReed:

I was a Christian till 2018.
hmmm, what now cause your evolution?

Why now denying Christ?
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by LordReed(m): 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
zyzxx:
hmmm, what now cause your evolution?

Why now denying Christ?

I realised that the things I believed in do not stand up to scrutiny. You cannot examine these things without leaping in to defend your beliefs and come away with the sense that they bear semblance to reality.
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by zyzxx(m): 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
LordReed:

I realised that the things I believed in do not stand up to scrutiny. You cannot examine these things without leaping in to defend your beliefs and come away with the sense that they bear semblance to reality.
oh, I see, your point his valid sir, if you stay in one place for long without growth or results, the fact is weariness will set in
Your faith produces no results which I can't pin point what may cause it because I don't have information

Like I said earlier, when God is ready to give you results and show himself that he is God he will
My prayer is by is Grace & Mercy you have Divine encounters with him amen.

God bless sir
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by LordReed(m): 4:40pm On Apr 25, 2020
zyzxx:
oh, I see, your point his valid sir, if you stay in one place for long without growth or results, the fact is weariness will set in
Your faith produces no results which I can't pin point what may cause it because I don't have information

Like I said earlier, when God is ready to give you results and show himself that he is God he will
My prayer is by is Grace & Mercy you have Divine encounters with him amen.

God bless sir

LoL! Simple question, what has your faith got you that I as an unbeliever cannot get?
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by tintingz(m): 5:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
aadoiza:

1. Whenever you try crossing an expressway to don't look at the traffic coming from your left and right, sogbo, just cross and count your destiny, and forget about using your brain.

2. I trust also you will be crediting God for making evolution a reality

3. And God is very angry right now, and you know this because He's in your house. SMH

1. If one destined that trailer will hit him, can the person escape this destiny?

2. If I'm to credit God for evolution, such God is not perfect.

3. Religious people said God is angry reason for this pandemic.
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by tintingz(m): 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
shadeyinka:

I think you have smuggled into our discussion the word "perfect design" whereas, all I've spoken about is that creation is by design.

Then your argument was that if the universe was by design, "it must be a bad design. You then used the example of the octopus, the praying mantis as example of bad design .

My counter argument was that if a design has fulfilled it's PURPOSE, it is a good design..

The universe will only be perfect when SIN and its effect is totally eliminated. And we know that there is coming a time for the rebirth and renewal of the universe. Until that time, everything is God made is good. Only God Himself for now has the nature of Perfection!

In other words, the fact that keypad buttons exist in the age of touch screen is not about bad design but purpose. If the purpose of a design is accomplished, the design it this very successful.

The fact that toilet rolls are disposable is part of design: just as death is part of design.

Perfectness is relative!
Relative to what man can do the universe and the laws and the species are perfectly made.
Relative to God, nothing is perfect: things can be good.

Can one add to anything perfect to make it better? The answer is a big no!

Ok.
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by budaatum: 7:13pm On Apr 25, 2020
shadeyinka:

Evolution is just a theory!
It isn't a fact.

If the earth has 100's of billions of species which are all constrained according to some certain rules, it is expected that several will look alike even though they are not of the same specie. Proponents of evolution are hiding over the phrase "100's of millions" of years.

The "evolution" of the computer is more about design than each kind of computer morphing into another kind over a hypothetical 100's of years.

Correction:
Jesus said: I have not come to abolish the law but to "fulfill it" or "to confirm it" or the "accomplish it". In other words, Jesus is the fulfillment of the law!

God evolved into Jesus Christ?
I still wonder where you got that.
Go learn about evolution. Its a complex idea that the blind can't see.

That "fulfilment" of Christ is the natural result of evolution from a previous state of being. And "you'd do greater things than he did" is another step in the process. Read your Bible properly, starting at "In the Beginning" and working page by page to the end, and you'd see God evolving as you go along.
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by zyzxx(m): 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
LordReed:

LoL! Simple question, what has your faith got you that I as an unbeliever cannot get?
lol, this question is simple, when times comes you will see what my faith can give me that u can't have, no body can no your value when there is no problem to solve.

When God is ready, he will show you he is God
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by LordReed(m): 8:14pm On Apr 25, 2020
zyzxx:
lol, this question is simple, when times comes you will see what my faith can give me that u can't have, no body can no your value when there is no problem to solve.

When God is ready, he will show you he is God

It's simple yet you dodged it. Can you name one real thing that you have by faith I cannot get? Answer straight forward, what you said here is the way 419 people talk.
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by zyzxx(m): 8:18pm On Apr 25, 2020
LordReed:

It's simple yet you dodged it. Can you name one real thing that you have by faith I cannot get? Answer straight forward, what you said here is the way 419 people talk.
lol, 419 ko, 410 ni, I asked you for money ni

I have holyspirit and you don't have
I have God you don't have
I have hope of external life ( life after death) you have the life alone

I have gift and fruits of the spirit gal 5vs 28 u don't have
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by LordReed(m): 8:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
zyzxx:
lol, 419 ko, 410 ni, I asked you for money ni

I have holyspirit and you don't have
I have God you don't have
I have hope of external life ( life after death) you have the life alone

I have gift and fruits of the spirit gal 5vs 28 u don't have

Can you demonstrate that the holy spirit, god and eternal life are real things?
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by zyzxx(m): 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2020
LordReed:

Can you demonstrate that the holy spirit, god and eternal life are real things?
why can't I? I can even demonstrate to you that u are possed, u are under the influence of devil
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by LordReed(m): 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2020
zyzxx:
why can't I? I can even demonstrate to you that u are possed, u are under the influence of devil

LMFAO! This is how you know a Christian is angry with you, they start calling you devil or possessed.

Go ahead, demonstrate that holy spirit, god and eternal life are real.
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by aadoiza: 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2020
tintingz:

1. If one destined that trailer will hit him, can the person escape this destiny?

2. If I'm to credit God for evolution, such God is not perfect.

3. Religious people said God is angry reason for this pandemic.
1. No, he probably won't. "probably" because most parts of your destiny are not are not cast and set. They are more malleable than you think.

2. Life was never meant to be perfect.

3. Religious people say many things that suit them most of the time. That's why it's imperative to differenttiate between religion and its adherents.
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by aadoiza: 11:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
budaatum:

Rubbish, and utter stupidity!

You can't, or shouldn't, have faith in a thing you don't even know exists! And to be honest with you, if you don't have evidence for the existence of the Almighty God, you should query what it is your faith is in, or ask God to open your eyes so you can see the evidence of God's existence.
You're probably right. But men have seen things that drive them to embracing what you might call irrationality. So your lack of experience in such area does not invalidate theirs.
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by aadoiza: 11:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
budaatum:

Yes, "Wetin u dey talk self?" You can't possibly be attacking the Bible, can you? Or you just don't know how ridiculous you sound comparing an Almighty God that you only know by some scribblings - though not of a confused lot - to a natural process of evolution?

I'd say you need to evolve, but you might understand, "let Jesus into your life", better, though they both mean the same thing.
You're never going to evolve, ogbeni, at least not naturally. The only evolution you're gonna get will be strictly man-made. Completely artificial because natural evolution is a myth.
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by aadoiza: 11:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
LordReed:

What is faith? How do you know I have it?
You don't expect me to start defining what you know for you.
I believe in God; that is my faith. I also have faith in my ability to sift through a pile of nonsense ascribed to my faith. Shikena
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by LordReed(m): 12:43am On Apr 26, 2020
aadoiza:

You don't expect me to start defining what you know for you.
I believe in God; that is my faith. I also have faith in my ability to sift through a pile of nonsense ascribed to my faith. Shikena

I can presume I know what faith is but when I apply my definition the next thing you'll tell me is I'm piling nonsense on your faith. I'd rather you tell me what faith is and how you acquire it.
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by aadoiza: 5:04am On Apr 26, 2020
LordReed:

I can presume I know what faith is but when I apply my definition the next thing you'll tell me is I'm piling nonsense on your faith. I'd rather you tell me what faith is and how you acquire it.
No matter the definition you or anyone else comes up with for faith, it certainly won't hint at an idea predicated on or developed from accumulation of physical evidence..So I'm quite sure definition will do just fine cheesy.
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by LordReed(m): 9:25am On Apr 26, 2020
aadoiza:

No matter the definition you or anyone else comes up with for faith, it certainly won't hint at an idea predicated on or developed from accumulation of physical evidence..So I'm quite sure definition will do just fine cheesy.

So faith is believing in someone or something you have no evidence for? How do you acquire belief in someone or something you have no evidence for?
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by sagenaija: 11:27am On Apr 26, 2020
LordReed:

Evolution is not a process with a goal in mind however selection pressures constrict what the organism will eventually be.
Apart from hermaphrodites how does evolution explain the male and female in species?

Do you think man should be bothered about protecting endangered animals? Why not allow "natural selection" to resolve things rather than man's intervention in a specific direction?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by LordReed(m): 11:53am On Apr 26, 2020
sagenaija:

Apart from hermaphrodites how does evolution explain the male and female in species?

Do you think man should be bothered about protecting endangered animals? Why not allow "natural selection" to resolve things rather than man's intervention in a specific direction?

The evolution of sexual reproduction describes how sexually reproducing animals, plants, fungi and protists could have evolved from a common ancestor that was a single-celled eukaryotic species.[1][2][3] Sexual reproduction is widespread in the Eukarya, though a few eukaryotic species have secondarily lost the ability to reproduce sexually, such as Bdelloidea, and some plants and animals routinely reproduce asexually (by apomixis and parthenogenesis) without entirely having lost sex. The evolution of sex contains two related yet distinct themes: its origin and its maintenance.

The origin of sexual reproduction can be traced to early prokaryotes, around two billion years ago (Gya), when bacteria began exchanging genes via conjugation, transformation, and transduction.[4] Though these processes are distinct from true sexual reproduction, they share some basic similarities. In eukaryotes, true sex is thought to have arisen in the Last Eukaryotic Common Ancestor (LECA), possibly via several processes of varying success, and then to have persisted.[5]

Since hypotheses for the origin of sex are difficult to verify experimentally (outside of evolutionary computation), most current work has focused on the persistence of sexual reproduction over evolutionary time. The maintenance of sexual reproduction (specifically, of its dioecious form) by natural selection in a highly competitive world has long been one of the major mysteries of biology, since both other known mechanisms of reproduction – asexual reproduction and hermaphroditism – possess apparent advantages over it. Asexual reproduction can proceed by budding, fission, or spore formation and does not involve the union of gametes, which accordingly results in a much faster rate of reproduction compared to sexual reproduction, where 50% of offspring are males and unable to produce offspring themselves. In hermaphroditic reproduction, each of the two parent organisms required for the formation of a zygote can provide either the male or the female gamete, which leads to advantages in both size and genetic variance of a population.

Read more here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_sexual_reproduction

Evolution is undirected so yes man should have an active role in preserving animals because his activities are impacting nature.
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by budaatum: 12:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
zyzxx:
Now, that's a lot of fruits of the spirit you demonstrated there. One can feel the "love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" oozing in that comment of your's.

1 Like

Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by budaatum: 12:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
LordReed:

So faith is believing in someone or something you have no evidence for? How do you acquire belief in someone or something you have no evidence for?

"I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

1 Like

Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by LordReed(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2020
budaatum:

"I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

I remember this! Still an enjoyable read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by LordReed(m): 12:41pm On Apr 26, 2020
budaatum:

Now, that's a lot of fruits of the spirit you demonstrated there. One can feel the "love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" oozing in that comment of your's.

LoLz! People sure do love illusions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by sagenaija: 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
LordReed:

... ...
Since hypotheses for the origin of sex are difficult to verify experimentally (outside of evolutionary computation), most current work has focused on the persistence of sexual reproduction over evolutionary time. The maintenance of sexual reproduction (specifically, of its dioecious form) by natural selection in a highly competitive world has long been one of the major mysteries of biology, since both other known mechanisms of reproduction – asexual reproduction and hermaphroditism – possess apparent advantages over it.
... ....

Evolution is undirected so yes man should have an active role in preserving animals because his activities are impacting nature.
The highlighted are good take-aways. Do you agree?

On my second point - if we base our position on a purely naturalistic worldview, why should we care about protecting anything? Who controls "Nature" when it spews poisonous gases and other substances into the air and surrounding environment? Who "entrusted" man to be steward over planet earth or any other planet?

If we evolved by CHANCE what makes us think our attempt to CONTROL other animals and the environment is not interfering with a process that has no goal in "MIND"?
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by LordReed(m): 1:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
sagenaija:

The highlighted are good take-aways. Do you agree?

Of course, I'm quite comfortable with saying "I don't know" where my knowledge is lacking. Science too has never shied away from saying "we don't know" because that lack is what drives inquiry.

On my second point - if we base our position on a purely naturalistic worldview, why should we care about protecting anything? Who controls "Nature" when it spews poisonous gases and other substances into the air and surrounding environment? Who "entrusted" man to be steward over planet earth or any other planet?

LoL so you'd rather we watch everything die including ourselves, is that the alternative you propose?

We should care because it impacts us, that's more than enough reason.

If we evolved by CHANCE what makes us think our attempt to CONTROL other animals and the environment is not interfering with a process that has no goal in "MIND"?

The carrot and banana you eat was gotten through "interference". We have been "interfering" and we will always "interfere".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by sagenaija: 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
LordReed:

Of course, I'm quite comfortable with saying "I don't know" where my knowledge is lacking. Science too has never shied away from saying "we don't know" because that lack is what drives inquiry.

LoL so you'd rather we watch everything die including ourselves, is that the alternative you propose?

We should care because it impacts us, that's more than enough reason.

The carrot and banana you eat was gotten through "interference". We have been "interfering" and we will always "interfere".

So, evolution is actually in the realm of conjecture. Acceptance of it then is really by FAITH. Not because those who believe in it are convinced empirically or beyond reasonable doubt that it is what it's claimed to be. They accept what appears reasonable to them.

At the end of the day those who believe in evolution are accepting it based on the same system of perception that they accuse those who believe in God of - FAITH.

The evolutionists have chosen to BELIEVE in matter being governed by natural law. They can't explain WHY evolution CHOSE to happen. An atheistic philosopher even wrote "Mind and Cosmos: Why the Materialistic Neo-Darwinian Conception of Nature is Almost Certainly False" - Thomas Nagel (New York: Oxford Uni. Press, 2012). He challenged his fellow materialists to see that the mind or mentality cannot be explained by biology alone.

At the end of the day we must accept the the fact that there is something in man beyond simply the material. That is why you reacted the way you did to my second point.

Those who believe in God use their observation of the same evidence provided in nature to come to a conclusion that there is an INTELLIGENCE behind the almost infinite diversity of the living world.

So, which is more reasonable: the claim that NOTHING brought about the complexities we see in nature or that an all-knowing INTELLIGENCE brought about the intricate diversity we have in nature?
Re: Evolution of the Porcupine and Bat by zyzxx(m): 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2020
budaatum:

so because I said he is under the influence of devil, I don't have the fruit of the spirit? Lol.
Can someone be under the influence of Holy Spirit and still claim there is no God?

I said the truth bro and he need deliverance

God bless you and happy Sunday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Second Coming Of Jesus: Almost 2000 Years Late? / Abolish Religion ? / Christianity And LGBT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.