Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,684 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu (34346 Views)

Reasons Why Health Insurance Should Be Compulsory In Nigeria / My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car / Policemen Without Face-Masks Try To Arrest Man For Not Wearing Face Mask In FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by zikter(m): 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2020
Lagbaja will not have any issues with this. He should infact be made an ambassador or the face of face mask in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by bkool7(m): 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
Does he know how much disposable face mask goes for in the market right now?
What are they doing about making it affordable?
One is almost 400

Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by phoexix: 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
It's okay as long the lockdown is eased.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by vikithor(m): 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
Many have idled away almost a month at home, doing nothing, making and contributing nothing while others have used it to add value to themselves.
Call us to learn how to drive,manual or automatic vehicles with numbers below.
Let process your driving license, vehicle papers etc
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
Dogalmighty17:
In a city of over 10 million. What is 1 million face masks going to do?

the chickens of decades of bad government have come home to roost and they are panicking.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2020
They about to let us out
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by uchelouis45(m): 7:03pm On Apr 20, 2020
barrydee:
Ok! Let's see if with this development, they will ease the lock-down from next week.
The economy is suffering, people are hungry and anarchy is looming as a result of this lock-down yet they are still reporting more cases of covid19 patients on a daily basis.
Open the economy, distribute free nose mask to the people & put all precautionary measures in place in all work places just like they just did in Ghana.
PERIOD!!
That's what it means. They will relax it.
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by lifenajeje(m): 7:04pm On Apr 20, 2020
Have they done the cost analysis of getting face mask?

Abi Dem think say na wetin we go use wash dry and reuse .

1 Like

Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by byinks(f): 7:05pm On Apr 20, 2020
Gracealone:

The government needs to make this available, otherwise, conmen would start recycling used masks.

The irony is:
What will we do about the con men in government ?

1 Like

Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by Kinematics: 7:05pm On Apr 20, 2020
Yemike:
When Seyi talked about this initiative from Czechoslovakia some weeks back it received lots of backlash from folks here.

Seems all governors are now keying into it.

You must be thinking of Czech Republic.
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by Xisnin(m): 7:06pm On Apr 20, 2020
After wasting three weeks and allowing the virus to spread to other states.
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by edoairways: 7:07pm On Apr 20, 2020
bikerboy1:
This is going to create an unwanted sense of fear.

People should be allowed to wear facemasks by choice
It should be compulsory
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by somez(m): 7:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
Lol... Your funny guy
Rapmoney:
Lift this damn lockdown and let's face our lives and businesses.

I don't want to see algae growing on my computer keyboards when I return to the office!

That's if I will even still remember the department I work in.
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by Xisnin(m): 7:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
Dogalmighty17:
In a city of over 10 million. What is 1 million face masks going to do?
Go buy your own.
No mask, no movement.
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by reubenobi(m): 7:08pm On Apr 20, 2020
Rapmoney:

I don't want to see algae growing on my computer keyboards when I return to the office!

Funny you
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by blowjohn(m): 7:09pm On Apr 20, 2020
They have commissioned face masks!
U see this africa eh.
Something that they are dashing people all over the world.
They are commissioning it here in Nigeria.
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by Xisnin(m): 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
alezzy13:
Well it's part ncdc regulation, "facemasks to be used in conjunction with other measures such as hand washing and SD

It should be noted that wrong/improper use, however, can INCREASE the risk of becoming infected. So it's improper users follow all the instructions.
Improper use applies to doctors caring for Covid-19 patients and not the general populace.
Cover your face from the nose down and you are good to go.
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by MelesZanawi: 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
bikerboy1:
This is going to create an unwanted sense of fear.

People should be allowed to wear facemasks by choice

So that those having Coronavirus can cough directly in your nostrils, then you too go home and infect your family, abi?

No democracy this time. If you don't wear it, don't leave your house. Stay there.
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by just2endowed: 7:10pm On Apr 20, 2020
From this coronavirus things, we could all see that country with less population perform better and managed there resources better than Nigeria that give birth like pigs.

If we do not correlate state resources to population figure,nothing will reach our side.

Imagine a senator bursting he have 24 children and 4 wives in the assembly. Now the Nigeria government will have to feed additional 24 mouth out of meagre resources we have.

My brother, we need to be commanding budget like 100 trillion

1 Like

Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by blowjohn(m): 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
Cant lagos call some textile people to produce these masks?
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by MelesZanawi: 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
Rapmoney:

This one don craze o. grin grin
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by Sadsoulnow: 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
barrydee:
Ok! Let's see if with this development, they will ease the lock-down from next week.
The economy is suffering, people are hungry and anarchy is looming as a result of this lock-down yet they are still reporting more cases of covid19 patients on a daily basis.
Open the economy, distribute free nose mask to the people & put all precautionary measures in place in all work places just like they just did in Ghana.
PERIOD!!
I really love Ghana Government. If the lockdown had continue people would have died More of hunger than the disease itself. Even though Ghanaians are still stubborn like Nigeria, they don't follow the protocol.
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by ENG0701: 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
Seun:
I remember predicting that the reign of the Coronavirus would come to an end when people started wearing face masks. It is gradually coming to pass. The reason the entire world is in this mess is that the Asians, who produce most face-masks and other personal protection equipment, blocked their manufacturers from exporting them to the rest of the world because they knew that they would be needed to protect their people.

Instead of the West to respond by mobilizing their manufacturers to produce face-masks massively, so that they would be able to protect their people, they started a deceptive campaign to discourage people from using them. The campaign was so effective that people who wore face-masks were mocked and shamed by those who had been brainwashed. People who had face-masks were pressured into giving them away.

Now they grudgingly accept that face-masks are helpful but instead of producing adequate quantities of the quality face-masks that have been proven to be effective - the kind of masks that most Asians are wearing - they are asking people to use less effective home-made masks.

The use of face mask is a bit more complicated than that. As you said most countries do not have the supply chain to meet demand, and if everyone is wearing, there wont be enough for healthcare workers. I work in a pharmacy in canada and we have not had face mask in some weeks. Canada just started receiving recently and producing.

Let's take Lagos for example with a population of 20 million people and you have to use a mask a day. If 10 million people are using face mask, that is 300 million masks in a month. China has stopped selling, Aba cant produce that number. Remember that is just lagos.

As much as it will reduce the spread, it's a supply chain nightmare and that is why people have been asked to make theirs at home, it may not be so effective, but it's better than none. And for the business minded people, this is a perfect business opportunity, you are sure of a 300million demand in lagos alone for the next few months

1 Like

Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by Xisnin(m): 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2020
bkool7:
Does he know how much disposable face mask goes for in the market right now?
What are they doing about making it affordable?
One is almost 400
It is not a must to use a surgical mask.
Buy the cloth material type if you can't afford it.
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by Brunicekid(m): 7:12pm On Apr 20, 2020
Wawoohh
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by barrydee(m): 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2020
isthatso:

that is the kind of mindset that leads to greater death. Sometimes in life there is no good outcome, you choose between the 2 bad outcomes and the lesser of the evils. Open up too soon and there will be more infections and deaths...guaranteed!! And guess what? you will have to lock down again for a longer period!!!

Not everything in life is about money....dead people cannot make money. the focus should be on providing food for the poor for the 2 or 3 months it will take to control this pandemic.

Bros show me any of your friends/colleagues/family members/ex-classmates that have died of corona virus? The government/media is just blowing this covid19 stuff out of proportion putting fear in our minds. Remember fear can kill faster than the virus itself.
Even USA that have lost more than 32,000 of its citizens have set up an economy recovery committee inorder to re-open their economy.
Remember there will be a life after this pandemic & the last time I checked, Lagos state is already in chaos.
GHANA JUST OPENED KUMASI AND ACCRA while putting precautionary measures in place.THEY ARE NOT FOOLS.
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by cooltola(m): 7:15pm On Apr 20, 2020
please provide adequate masks that every Lagosians can afford easily or donate freely so that no one is left without an excuse. This is the problem I have with Sanwo olu, he keeps passing law without provide adequate options to the citizens
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:16pm On Apr 20, 2020
Hope I'm free to use my girl's Bra?

1 Like

Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by Jcael(m): 7:16pm On Apr 20, 2020
Rapmoney:

Lwkm
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by apex5171: 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
[color=#] yni9jjpan9[/color]
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by ceejay80s(m): 7:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
fergie001:
Lagos to mandate wearing of face masks next week – Sanwo-Olu

https://punchng.com/breaking-lagos-to-mandate-wearing-of-face-masks-next-week-sanwo-olu/

Free or for sale?
Re: Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu by RTSC: 7:20pm On Apr 20, 2020
It is good to be in position of power sha.

See as that professor of medicine just dey follow sanwo olu up and down like his personal doctor.

Any small headache like this, he is the one to attend to him directly.

A whole professor of medicine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghanaian Nurse Helps A Pregnant Woman Give Birth On The Road (Photos) / Nigerian Doctor Saves ‘dying Man’ On Azman Airline Flight [PHOTOS] / 603 New COVID-19 Cases, 393 Discharged And 6 Deaths On July 4 - (2933 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.