Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give (313 Views)

Shuting Down The Internet, The Worst Mistake The Government Could Make / All The Lagos Government Could Give Me Was 2 Loaves Of Bread & Half Bag Of Rice / Ekiti Road Collapse: Palliative Works Begin On The Affected Road - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 20, 2020
The best palliative care I feel the government could give at this point (since they are unable to feed people) is to give directives to house agents and landlords to extend the lease term of their tenants by 2 months or 3. This would be the best palliative care the government could give at this point. No extra cost and they'll be greatly appreciated.
This would go a long way as the lease term of Nigerians would experience a pause since there hasn't been any recent economic activity.
#My2cents.
Mods you could be of help to Nigerians by putting it on your front-page so it gets to the government. Nigerians are suffering
seun lalasticlala oam4J mynd44
Re: My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give by NwaNimo1(m): 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2020
Will the govt foot the bill?

Some landlords have outstanding loans to pay on their investments.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 20, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Nope just extension of the lease term. it will help Nigerians
Re: My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give by Simplyleo: 7:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
NwaNimo1:

The govt has granted loan repayment holidays so landlords can use this as excuse.
Re: My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give by Duru9(m): 7:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
How about those that just renewed their rents this March and don't have any money to feed

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 20, 2020
NwaNimo1:

Government can also look into the area of loans to ensure it doesn't accumulate (as in the 2 months corona break won't count). Simple measures with no stress. They will both help
Re: My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 20, 2020
Duru9:
How about those that just renewed their rents this March and don't have any money to feed

Your lease term would be extended by 2 months. That's something bro. That'll be a great relieve on both short and long terms
Re: My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give by Duru9(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2020
funnyboss:
Your lease term would be extended by 2 months. That's something bro. That'll be a great relieve on both short and long terms

I won't feel it bro
It's only those that their is expiring this month, next month or last month
Will be the ones to enjoy
Re: My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give by seunlayi(m): 8:05pm On Apr 20, 2020
The only thing that can be done is for various landlord associations to advise members to cede the affected months rate to their tenant that are paying monthly. It should not be by force. They can even suggest half rent depending on the capacity of landlord. Let us forget our govt in this, they are useless since the birth of this country.

I heard of some landlords already giving food etc to their tenants.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
seunlayi:
The only thing that can be done is for various landlord associations to advise members to cede the affected months rate to their tenant that are paying monthly. It should not be by force. They can even suggest half rent depending on the capacity of landlord. Let us forget our govt in this, they are useless since the birth of this country.

I heard of some landlords already giving food etc to their tenants.
Those landlords are obviously kind souls
Re: My Opinion On The Best Palliative Government could Give by helinues: 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
So the landlords can start eating stones?

(1) (Reply)

. / Egba Mi, Iyawo Ati Awon Omo Mi Ti Dite Mo Mi, Femi Fani-kayode Sọ / NJC Recommends Compulsory Retirement Of Two Judges For Misconduct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.