Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

What Is Your "Wrongest" English Expression? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Your "Wrongest" English Expression? (346 Views)

Wrong Expression: Is 'She is Pregnant FOR him' wrong or correct ? / Wrong Expression: Did You Know That 'tea' Isn't What We Take In The Morning? / How I Was Insulted By A Lady Who Misconceived My Good English Expression'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your "Wrongest" English Expression? by complexBoss12: 10:40pm On Apr 20, 2020
English is not a measure of intelligence, so this is jst for fun.

Many mistakes come to mind though starting from childhood, but most recent was 2017. I was arguing in my lodge and suddenly dropped the bomb!

"look at it here, I screenshotted it"
(past tense of screenshot)

the way everyone looked at me eh, me dat has pride, I jst correct myself by myself
Re: What Is Your "Wrongest" English Expression? by onward4life(m): 4:45am On Apr 21, 2020
It is not you, am talk to!?
Re: What Is Your "Wrongest" English Expression? by christejames(m): 8:52am On Apr 21, 2020
"I will tell my mummy for you"- when the first girl I was 'chyking' didn't want to bulge.
Re: What Is Your "Wrongest" English Expression? by christejames(m): 8:55am On Apr 21, 2020
Most recently the one one of the leaders of a nation in the tropical region made in his first attempt at addressing his people, "covik 1 9 is a deably birus"...

My thoughts and prayers are still with the people of that nation.

(1) (Reply)

Shepherdhill School Launches Its E-learning Platform / Whatssap Online Teaching: Does It Mean Schools In Nigeria Have Started 3rd Term? / Positive Thinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.