Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic (39077 Views)

Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US / Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min / "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Neoteny7: 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
larrysworld:
Bros, I think you are the one getting this thing wrong. Trump according to the constitution of the United States cannot refuse a US citizen entry into the US. He is obligated under the law to ensure those Americans in China who wants to return to the US are able to do so howbeit in a safe manner.
Please let's get our facts correctly, Trump did not allow them straight into the country. The planes took them to military bases where tests were conducted and some of the citizens were quarantined in various military bases for two weeks before being able to enter the country. The administration took necessary precautions. That is not hubris, it is called a government's responsibility to her citizens wherever they may be.

The Buhari case is pathetic because they made no move to shut down the border to foreigners from the infected areas. Returning citizens should be quarantined but foreigners ought to have been turned back much earlier and border shut. Similar thing is what caused problems in Europe. They suck up to their Chinese masters for too long and boom, Europe became the epicentre.

Nigeria is indeed lucky that we are in a tropical region and according to scientist, survival of the virus, like most viruses is much lower in temperate regions so Africa is not really as hit as Europe and America. The stats in Nigeria are a total lie. I don't think Nigeria do up to 2 thousand tests a a day for a population of 250 million so we don't really have a true picture and we are lucky because we might not need to because of location and also existence malaria antibodies in our blood system, otherwise, it would have been hundreds of thousands of death. America with 350 million people conduct 150 thousand tests a day, we are not even close. But for God who placed us where we are as a nation in Africa, it would have been terrible.

Regarding WHO, don't even go there; a brief research into Tedrus will be a eye opener.

I dispute your claims that he could not stop american citizens from returning. If he grounds all flights no one can cone in, even US citizens. There are still citizens who'd like to return to their loved ones right now but who cant because of the grounding.

I also dispute your claims that all the thousands of returnees were taken to military bases. That is patently false. The planes landed in civilian airports, and all that happened was some of them were screened (meaning their temperatures were observed for signs of fever) because at that point the US had yet to develop its testing kits, since they refused the PCR test kits outlined by the WHO. And the screening applied mostly to Wuhan returnees. None of them was forced into any isolation at any military base whatsoever, and if you've any proof i'd like to see it.

Between January 1 and the time Trump announced his "ban", more than 430,000 americans returned from china. Are you telling us the US, between january and march, had the capacity to test 430k people? NOPE! They couldnt even test 10 thousand back then.

Would you also deny that Trump didnt downplay the threat of the virus, claiming they had it under control? What specifically did he do all of february to contain it?

No scientist has claimed that tropical or warm weather has any adverse effect on the infection rate or virulence of the virus.

You may abuse Buhari all you want, and i dont even like the man, but the the fact remains that deep in April we have less than a thousand confirmed cases while the US is leading the world in numbers of infection and death, far higher than china and india who each have 4 times the population of the US. The US already has about a quarter of the global infection.

3 Likes

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by larrysworld: 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
What you sent to me further corroborate what I had said that Obama depleted the national stockpile. I am not sure if you read it before sending but below is a screen grab of the verdict.
It is like a thief caught stealing in a house and he said 'I have only stolen one thing'... isn't that funny that even a left wing newspaper could not defend Obama. Did the Obama admin leave a depleted National Stockpile? This is a True or False question, there is nothing like mostly true or mostly false.

Obama's NIH gave $3.7m grant to the lab in Wuhan starting 2015. Did he pay for the virus? Renegade is a traitor to the American people.

MT:

Please sir, I will humbly request you to read this too:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/08/donald-trump/trump-said-obama-admin-left-him-bare-stockpile-wro/

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by MT: 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
larrysworld:
What you sent to me further corroborate what I had said that Obama depleted the national stockpile. I am not sure if you read it before sending but below is a screen grab of the verdict.
It is like a thief caught stealing in a house and he said 'I have only stolen one thing'... isn't that funny that even a left wing newspaper could not defend Obama. Did the Obama admin leave a depleted National Stockpile? This is a True or False question, there is nothing like mostly true or mostly false.

Obama's NIH gave $3.7m grant to the lab in Wuhan starting 2015. Did he pay for the virus? Renegade is a traitor to the American people.

Stop being mischievous. Politifact checked the correctness of any statement a politician make. They categorised Trump's statement that Obama depleted the national stockpile as MOSTLY FALSE and yet you chose to disregard that, even with the truth staring you in the face.

They agreed the masks left in the stockpile was inadequate as Obama distributed them during virus outbreak during his tenure but the national stockpile was not depleted as Trump exaggerated. They gave a ruling of Mostly false as to what Trump said. Don't colour the truth, don't twist it, it is never a nice thing to do.

So how did that corroborate your earlier statement that Trump met depleted national stockpile? And what has Trump done in 3 years plus to replenish the inadequate items in the National Stockpile?

2 Likes

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by SirKomA(m): 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
Trump is the best leader that has ever existed. But buharist wouldn't see this.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Finnese001: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Have you been to the country before Do you have someone there Have you applied for their visa before and got denied If your answers to my above questions is No Then please don't stop me grin

I'm not stopping you dear, I wish you good luck
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by grandstar(m): 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
GamalNasser:

He handled the pandemic well abeg ...he was the first to issue travel restrictions and then y'all called him a Racist for that ... He advised early lockdown of cities but democrat governors refused and instead kept shouting about respirators they didn't stock and instead wanted to blame the govt for that failure ...He told them about the efficacy of chloroquine but the useless Dems instead placed restrictions in it preferring to use infusions and respirator that caused more deaths ..the stupid Dems now went further and issued a Do not Resuscitate (DNR) order to make sure the death rates were high so they could use it to campaign against Trump ....Tell me why these high deaths are rampart in democrat lead states

My anger with Trump was that he should have acted much quicker. He tarried!

I don't give a damn about Republicans and Democrats. If he had acted sooner, he would have been praised for it. If the Democrats choose to frustrate his efforts, that's their load.

1 Like

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by larrysworld: 4:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Neoteny7:

I dispute your claims that he could not stop american citizens from returning. If he grounds all flights no one can cone in, even US citizens. There are still citizens who'd like to return to their loved ones right now but who cant because of the grounding.

[/font] [color=#990000]That is the law in sane countries and even in Nigeria. You cannot be denied entry to your country of citizenship unless it is revoked. That's the reason western world cannot deport people until they have established their nationality.

I also dispute your claims that all the thousands of returnees were taken to military bases. That is patently false. The planes landed in civilian airports, and all that happened was some of them were screened (meaning their temperatures were observed for signs of fever) because at that point the US had yet to develop its testing kits, since they refused the PCR test kits outlined by the WHO. And the screening applied mostly to Wuhan returnees. None of them was forced into any isolation at any military base whatsoever, and if you've any proof i'd like to see it.

Between January 1 and the time Trump announced his "ban", more than 430,000 americans returned from china. Are you telling us the US, between january and march, had the capacity to test 430k people? NOPE! They couldnt even test 10 thousand back then.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]US did not start testings until March because of two reasons (i) The WHO test is compromised/contaminated. It was reading false positives, same was what was sent to Britain before they returned it. (ii) CDC botched the manufacturing of test kits in America because they did not follow protocols. They were not able to manufacture tests for weeks, so Trump resulted to private sector.

[/font]Would you also deny that Trump didnt downplay the threat of the virus, claiming they had it under control? What specifically did he do all of February to contain it?
He did not downplay it but he called out the Democrats for trying to use that outbreak as the next hoax against him.

No scientist has claimed that tropical or warm weather has any adverse effect on the infection rate or virulence of the virus.

There are studies going on regarding this but a Nigerian virologist already mentioned that on a thread here on Nairaland. Don't let anyone fool you, if it is a virus, it will be affected by the weather except it's something other than that.

You may abuse Buhari all you want, and i dont even like the man, but the the fact remains that deep in April we have less than a thousand confirmed cases while the US is leading the world in numbers of infection and death, far higher than china and india who each have 4 times the population of the US. The US already has about a quarter of the global infection.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]I never abuse Buhari or anyone and will never. In fact, once a person is abusive I just move out of the thread. I am a believer in people engaging in intellectual discourse. We are bound to disagree but the goal is to share knowledge and generate light not heat.
The reasons the numbers in Nigeria is like that has to do with how many people are tested. The more you test the more you discover. Studies have shown that majority of people might have already caught the virus but they are asymptomatic. India has 4X US population but they test less than 10% of US testing per day. It's just mathematics. If the US were not testing as much, it won't be obvious and just that you may know, the US death rate is false. Even a person who dies of accident is now being count as having died from complications due to Corona Virus. So all other death data in US is way down now because every death is counted as Covid.

The political intricacies surrounding this virus is complex and I don't want to go down the rabbit hole today.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by coruso(m): 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
If you call trump a failure what do you call your president? Every body should sit in their country and enjoy the success they have.
jchioma:
Donald Trump is campaigning; with elections few months from now, he needs to reiterate some of his usual rhetoric.
He is more like deflecting attention from his failure to arrest the pandemic which he downplayed in the initial phase.

This is fact in the face of a failing economy and the deadly coronavirus projected to kill over 200,000 Americans,
with over 42,000 dead already.

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by hodari: 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
I don't think anybody wants to travel to USA for now. Coronavirus Headquarters. Trump anuofia.

1 Like

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by larrysworld: 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
He acted soonest. shutting out China was a bold move. Every country knew it needed to be done but no one will bell the cat. The moment Trump did it, Australia followed suite and others as well. Don't believe everything you read in newspaper, they are mostly fake news promulgating the globalist agenda.

grandstar:

My anger with Trump was that he should have acted much quicker. He tarried!

I don't give a damn about Republicans and Democrats. If he had acted sooner, he would have been praised for it. If the Democrats choose to frustrate his efforts, that's their load.

1 Like

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by larrysworld: 4:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
I am sure you have had an examination before and the format of the question is TRUE or FALSE

Did Obama deplete the National Stockpile? TRUE or FALSE.
I used the analogy of a person caught on CCTV camera to have stolen from a house, the police apprehended him and he said 'I only stole one thing'. will that fly in a law court? Everything missing there, he will be assumed to have stolen it.
The National Stockpile like every emergency stockpile in an hospital has a list of items to be stockpiled and the quantity. If you used the mask and did not refill it how am I sure you refiled the ventilators, gowns, or face shield. Obama Admin goofed on that one and there's no denying it.
Politifact is fake news by the way but despite that they could not say trump was wrong so it corroborated my earlier statement. The verdict says 'Mostly False' and that is how you identify fake news; Americans know that. It is a simple question TRUE or FALSE, there is no grey area.

MT:

Stop being mischievous. Politifact checked the correctness of any statement a politician make. They categorised Trump's statement that Obama depleted the national stockpile as MOSTLY FALSE and yet you chose to disregard that, even with the truth staring you in the face.

They agreed the masks left in the stockpile was inadequate as Obama distributed them during virus outbreak during his tenure but the national stockpile was not depleted as Trump exaggerated. They gave a ruling of Mostly false as to what Trump said. Don't colour the truth, don't twist it, it is never a nice thing to do.

So how did that corroborate your earlier statement that Trump met depleted national stockpile? And what has Trump done in 3 years plus to replenish the inadequate items in the National Stockpile?
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by ttmacoy: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thank you. It seems the hatred for Trump has made people so selective in what they want to believe. The likes of Pelosi and even the Mayor of Chicago where I live did the same all to undermine Trump.

There is enough blame to go round the President, Governors, Mayors, Democrats, and guess what the people. Many people were still defying stay home orders and going out to the beach etc. Last month, did you see the crowds of people who went to meet the hospital ship in spite of the lockdown in NYC? Maybe they would have listened if the police started flogging people like in India lol.

In addition the ridiculous scramble to hoard food etc in the first few weeks played a huge role in spreading the virus, did you see the crowds of people in Costco etc?

jchioma, by Feb 26 the Mayor of Chicago was still playing politics and attacking Trump for scaremongering and she also confirmed we only had 2 cases at this point. Yes Trump's response was a bit slow but so was most countries and even in late February democrats were still playing games, and they are still playing games till today
https://chicago.suntimes.com/city-hall/2020/2/26/21154698/coronavirus-covid-19-cdc-lightfoot-chicago

Wednesday, Lightfoot essentially accused the federal officials of fear-mongering.

With Chinatown restaurants already suffering from a dramatic decline in business tied to coronavirus fears, the last thing Chicago needs is a premature alarm from federal officials, the mayor said.

“I will candidly tell you that I was very disappointed with the comments of the CDC yesterday and members of the Trump administration around coronavirus,” Lightfoot said.

Lightfoot noted that, so far, there have been only two cases of coronavirus in the Chicago area.

Nuel4:
the whole world failed my friend. The whole world is on lockdown not just USA. Everybody miscalculated the severity of the virus it is not just USA. How exactly was he supposed to arrest the pandemic when democrat politicians, including a mayor in New York were encouraging people to go on about social gatherings?

New York is the only reason USA have ugly numbers. New York alone has more cases than Italy and China combined and New York is completely a democrat state and their democrat politicians encouraged their people to live normal lives and have fun.

1 Like

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by grandstar(m): 5:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
larrysworld:
He acted soonest. shutting out China was a bold move. Every country knew it needed to be done but no one will bell the cat. The moment Trump did it, Australia followed suite and others as well. Don't believe everything you read in newspaper, they are mostly fake news promulgating the globalist agenda.

What do you mean "shutting out China"? Other countries shut out the world which was the way to go.

It was a series of videos of him downplaying the threat the virus placed that has cost him lots of credibilities. You can not serve 2 masters. You can make these statements and at the same time address the global pandemic before hitting American shores with the touch it needed.

You can see him practically chewing his own words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB8icFsfJe0
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by ttmacoy: 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2020
I await the details but what I understand is the aim is for Americans to be re-employed after all this before people from outside start coming. With 22 million people unemployed well it's kinda hard for companies to claim they can't find someone locally.

Avalancheman:
I thought that was already in place...
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Osidazz19: 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2020
[[s]quote author=Nuel4 post=88689663]mumu. He said politicising the virus is their new hoax. He never said the virus is a hoax. One of The very first president to ban travel from China in January is whom you believe said the virus is a hoax?
Look at what he was talking about
The left said was doing too much and then, from another side of their mouth said he wasn't doing enough [/quote][/s]

DOTARD TRAMP'S LIES AND INACTIONS ON CORONAVIRUS, PLS ENJOY.

Dec 18th - House Impeaches Trump
Jan 8th - First CDC warning
Jan 9th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 14th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 16th - House sends impeachment articles to Senate
Jan 18th - Trump golfs
Jan 19th - Trump golfs
Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State.
Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally
Jan 30th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 1st - Trump golfs
Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
Feb 5th - Senate votes to acquit. Then takes a five-day weekend.
Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42
Feb 15th - Trump golfs
Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally
Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally
Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Feb 25th - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
Feb 25th - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
Feb 27th - “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
Feb 28th - “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
Feb 28th - Trump campaign rally. “This is their new hoax.”
March 2nd - “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
March 2nd - “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
March 4th - “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
March 5th - “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
March 6th - “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
March 6th - “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
March 6th - “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
March 7th - Trump golfs
March 8th - Trump golfs
March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
March 9th - “This blindsided the world.”
March 13th - [Declared state of emergency]
March 17th - “This is a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
March 18th - "It’s not racist at all. No. Not at all. It comes from China. That’s why. It comes from China. I want to be accurate."
March 23th - Dow Jones closes at 18,591.93
March 25th - 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment.
March 30th - Dow Jones closes at 21,917.16
April 1st - Secret Service signs $45,000 ’emergency order’ for golf carts at Trump club.
April 4th - 6.6 million Americans file for unemployment. 300,000 infected with COVID-19, 1300 deaths in one day.
April 20th - More than 45,000 people in the United States have died from COVID-19 so far.

1 Like

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Daverichie008: 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nuel4:
you didn't see the tweets were democrats politicians in New York were urging people to go out and have fun including DeLevin who said if you are not in the rally in Chinatown you are missing out?

Americans were generally urging people to have fun outside. Republicans also. Till today republican leaders are looking to open the country up. The forum from which you got your information is selecting information to influence your perception.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by rovher: 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2020
EVILFOREST:

UK is already densely Populated, and will shut its borders.
UK, most times follows the US decisions as well as Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Meanwhile, CANADA will continue as their Total Population is still at 37million, and still has the same Land Mass as the United States.
CANADA is one of the Least populated countries.
Although they wouldn't want to take more than a number that will overwhelm their system.
OYIBO dey think naaa grin grin
Asin ehn, dem dey over think oooo
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Daverichie008:

Americans were generally urging people to have fun outside. Republicans also. Till today republican leaders are looking to open the country up. The forum from which you got your information is selecting information to influence your perception.
did you read my initial post? Everybody is to blame
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by kalu61(m): 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
livelovelaugh:
I don’t blame him. He has to put American citizens first. All those millions of people who have become unemployed have to be attended to. Imagine you’re a citizen of America, you’ll want your president to put you first. It might be unfair to potential immigrants but it is what it is. At least everyone arrived earth with a country. If people keep getting jobless, America won’t be the admiration of outsiders. In New York , we have not been able to step out for more than a month now, imagine those who sustain themselves on daily paid jobs, it’s not been easy anywhere in the world. Stay safe out there folks.
Your comment is unselfish. He has to put his people first.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by DanjaNinja(m): 11:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Nuel4:
the whole world failed my friend. The whole world is on lockdown not just USA. Everybody miscalculated the severity of the virus it is not just USA. How exactly was he supposed to arrest the pandemic when democrat politicians, including a mayor in New York were encouraging people to go on about social gatherings?

New York is the only reason USA have ugly numbers. New York alone has more cases than Italy and China combined and New York is completely a democrat state and their democrat politicians encouraged their people to live normal lives and have fun.

Your ignorance is appalling. It is clear you have never been to America. You are citing screenshots from Fox News as proof of Democrats negligence. Ignorance at its finest.

It’s seems you have forgotten that your messiah and personal savior, Donald Trump, called the Virus a “hoax by the Democrats”. Your messiah also assured the public the virus was nothing but the common flu and assured everyone that it would pass in the summer. But you wouldn’t highlight that, The dems are to be blamed.

You also don’t know your lord and personal savior, Donald Trump, disbanded the Pandemic response team created by Obama (a Democrat) to fight potential pandemics. You don’t know that. But go ahead and blame the dems.

You also obviously don’t know that New York City is the most populated city in America. With two extremely busy international airports. Nope you don’t know that. But blame the dems you must.

You also don’t know or acknowledge that the top 10 states by economy in the Us are all Democratic states. The bottom 10 states are all run by Republicans. You obviously don’t know that right? But go ahead and blame the dems.

People like you in Nigeria who have clearly never been to the US but think you understand this country are highly misguided and extremely uninformed.

Have a nice day
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by DanjaNinja(m): 11:57pm On Apr 21, 2020
GamalNasser:

How did he fail to arrest the pandemic , you leave the glaring failures and sabotage by democrat Governors and want to blame Trump instead.. Americans are wiser now , they know the true enemies

Oga please don’t be offended but your post reeks of ignorance. Please tell me, have you been to America? How do you know the democrats are to blamed? Please open your eyes and read with an open mind. Donald trump failed big time. He disbanded the pandemic response team responsible for pandemics. He failed to use the Presidential emergency act to compel companies to make PPEs and ventilators. Nurses and doctors are relying on PPEs donated by individuals and companies. He also failed to mobilize the CDC to set standardized testing for Coronavirus. Trumps failures are too many to mention. As we speak, Some Republican governors Refused to shut down their respective states. The few who did shut down their states are agitating for speedy reopening. I laugh.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by GamalNasser: 12:34am On Apr 22, 2020
DanjaNinja:

Oga please don’t be offended but your post reeks of ignorance. Please tell me, have you been to America? How do you know the democrats are to blamed? Please open your eyes and read with an open mind. Donald trump failed big time. He disbanded the pandemic response team responsible for pandemics. He failed to use the Presidential emergency act to compel companies to make PPEs and ventilators. Nurses and doctors are relying on PPEs donated by individuals and companies. He also failed to mobilize the CDC to set standardized testing for Coronavirus. Trumps failures are too many to mention. As we speak, Some Republican governors Refused to shut down their respective states. The few who did shut down their states are agitating for speedy reopening. I laugh.

CNN told you that ? wink cheesy grin

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by DanjaNinja(m): 12:45am On Apr 22, 2020
GamalNasser:

CNN told you that ? wink cheesy grin

��� you didn’t even read the report you cited. Please read your source and answer the simple question - Did Trump disband the Pandemic Team or not?

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by DanjaNinja(m): 1:00am On Apr 22, 2020
MT:

Read what I wrote slowly. No contradiction whatsoever. When I say Ignorant, I mean they do not understand what really go on in other parts of the world. They RARELY travel out of their country. Even within their country, they are not well informed about happenings there. Forget what Hollywood makes you to perceive about Americans, they are quite ignorants and largely uninformed.

As someone who has been living here for some time, I can confirm this is very true. The average american is not well informed or travelled. Hollywood lies.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by DanjaNinja(m): 1:02am On Apr 22, 2020
kikero:

93 million American citizens traveled outside the US in 2018 alone..

And with those high numbers, many travelled to COVID19 hotspots too

Also, don't forget, internal toruism, Americans travelling to other parts of the country, aids in the spread, then there are the foreign tourists who come in their millions to the US.

Thus, the spread of covid19.

Nigeria?? Not that many of us travel abroad.

Please where did you get this stats from? My experience here has been the opposite. Americans don’t travel that much.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by DanjaNinja(m): 1:03am On Apr 22, 2020
Nuel4:
you didn't see the tweets were democrats politicians in New York were urging people to go out and have fun including DeLevin who said if you are not in the rally in Chinatown you are missing out?

You didn’t see the President calling the virus a Hoax?
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by DanjaNinja(m): 1:35am On Apr 22, 2020
livelovelaugh:
I don’t blame him. He has to put American citizens first. All those millions of people who have become unemployed have to be attended to. Imagine you’re a citizen of America, you’ll want your president to put you first. It might be unfair to potential immigrants but it is what it is. At least everyone arrived earth with a country. If people keep getting jobless, America won’t be the admiration of outsiders. In New York , we have not been able to step out for more than a month now, imagine those who sustain themselves on daily paid jobs, it’s not been easy anywhere in the world. Stay safe out there folks.

This argument is sadly false. Immigrants are known leading job creators in the Us.

@Potential immigrants: have you noticed that since Trump became the President, the response to every problem is immigration?

@put Americans first: According to your post, you live in New York. I lived in Connecticut now I’m North Carolina. Please may I ask, Since the “Put Americans first movement”, have you noticed any positive change in the quality of your life? Did you get affordable healthcare? Did you get a salary increase? Did you get more paid sick leave or did you get affordable tuition?

@America admired by outsider: Sorry to burst your bubble. The world is now aware America is nothing but living on past glory. Please tell me what’s to admire about America? In Canada and most European countries, Medical expenses are free. Mandated sick leave exist. College tuition is affordable. Again, tell me, how is America great?

@Daily paid jobs: The fact that people exist in America who live Hand to mouth is a testament to the failed system.

Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by livelovelaugh: 1:41am On Apr 22, 2020
No one said immigrants are not job creators. Point remains the pandemic has caused job loss in large numbers in the US and he saying he is pausing immigration for now to help citizens get more employed is a good move. Even the bible says love your neighbor as yourself not more. Imagine being a citizen of a country and you’re not been put first... his move is a good one. Might be unfair to the outside world but at least everyone arrived earth with a country. Those unemployment claims are too much.. millions!!

DanjaNinja:

This argument is sadly false. Immigrants are known leading job creators in the Us.

@Potential immigrants: have you noticed that since Trump became the President, the response to every problem is immigration?

@put Americans first: According to your post, you live in New York. I lived in Connecticut now I’m North Carolina. Please may I ask, Since the “Put Americans first movement”, have you noticed any positive change in the quality of your life? Did you get affordable healthcare? Did you get a salary increase? Did you get more paid sick leave or did you get affordable tuition?

@America admired by outsider: Sorry to burst your bubble. The world is now aware America is nothing but living on past glory. Please tell me what’s to admire about America? In Canada and most European countries, Medical expenses are free. Mandated sick leave exist. College tuition is affordable. Again, tell me, how is America great?

@Daily paid jobs: The fact that people exist in America who live Hand to mouth is a testament to the failed system.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by DanjaNinja(m): 1:54am On Apr 22, 2020
livelovelaugh:

No one said immigrants are not job creators. Point remains the pandemic has caused job loss in large numbers in the US and he saying he is pausing immigration for now to help citizens get more employed is a good move. Even the bible says love your neighbor as yourself not more. Imagine being a citizen of a country and you’re not been put first... his move is a good one. Might be unfair to the outside world but at least everyone arrived earth with a country. Those unemployment claims are too much.. millions!!

Again, you have failed to show me how "putting America first" has improved the life of the average American. Please enlighten me on one single policy the Trump administration has taken to improve the life of the average american in the name of "putting america first"? I will wait.

Please don't be misled, the bread and butter of Trump's administration will always be cutting down legal immigration and tax cuts.

And dont forget the class of people who do the necessary but dirty jobs in America - Immigrants.
Re: Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic by DanjaNinja(m): 1:56am On Apr 22, 2020
larrysworld:

Bros, please read the news below from USA Today, it might be of help to you with regards to your assertion.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/03/fact-check-did-obama-administration-deplete-n-95-mask-stockpile/5114319002/

Also, nobody goes into national stockpile unless there is an epidemic or pandemic, so Trump admin would not have just literally gone there. There are what we call emergency protocols that when certain things are used, they are replenished by the user because people only go there when the need arises and it was empty.

I can counter each point you have listed with facts but I don't have the time now. It is obvious your source of news must be the MSM and it's mostly fake news. Try watch Trump briefing one or twice online, its on Youtube and you will get a better perspective.

I find it interesting that you failed to mention that the article you highlighted clearly states the Trump administration failed to replenish the stockpile as well. Don't be selective with the information you share.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Train Collides With Truck In Lagos / Photos: Check Out The Beauty Of Lagos State / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.