Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,993 members, 7,810,769 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Richard Akinjide Is Dead - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Akinjide Is Dead (45558 Views)

G5 Crisis: Akinjide Wins Polling Unit For Atiku In Ibadan / 2023: Chief Jumoke Akinjide Berates Bola Tinubu / Gridlock In Ibadan As Akinjide, Oyelese And PDP Members Stage Walk For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by Befii: 7:57am On Apr 21, 2020
Did he die coronally or normal sometin?
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by Prenonjebose: 7:58am On Apr 21, 2020
I remember passing infront of his house those days. Back then, the house was something to behold. With high fence and security details. Nothing last forever

2 Likes

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by joefelin2345: 8:00am On Apr 21, 2020
muykem:
Rest well sound lawyer of his time. A man that proved 12 is two third of 19 in a case of Awolowo vs Shagari.
Stop falsifying history. He insisted that 2/3 of 19 States is 12 2/3 n not 13 states both in municipal n international law.
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by Bluntemperor: 8:02am On Apr 21, 2020
solmus:

during his time he witnessed 24 hours electricity, NEPA would even announce on the radio before taking off power in case of repair

Seun,Lalasticlala-you see this indomie generation,who are fools and are ready to sold there conscience- Chi for a moi-moi plate.
This is a man who sold South-west under s shameless disguise of 12 (2/3) Permutations at Supreme Court,in a case between National Party of Nigeria(NPN) and the Unity Party of Nigeria(UPN). How can a good journalist-like OP missed that in his analysis?.Na Wao!
This was a celebrated case between Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Alhaji Shehu Sagari's era.The aftermath is what Nigeria is today-TRUTH is Sacred!.The country could not move forward.!.
Akinjide led creams of Legal Luminaries to sold Yoruba people,which is hunting them till today,because of being in NPN-with Chief Adisa Akinloye-as Chairman of the party.Akinloye was importing his name on Champagne Drinks to celebrate nonsense.Somebody will tell us let the dead rest- how can people do evil to their nation that is the basis of Corruption hunting Nigeria till tomorrow.Assuming he Akinjide was on the side of Awolowo,situation would definitely have changed because of political alignment and re-alignment!.The NPN looted the Treasury dry and Shehu Sagari went back to his village aftermath,leaving Nigeria poorer and of course,the Army took over.They ensure their Children are in better places.today is Nigeria better?.The evil that men do... hmmmm! .

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by ThinkB4mention(f): 8:10am On Apr 21, 2020
This pandemic is really revealing so many things o..... So many wealthy and influential Nigerians are leaving under a life supporting machine.. .
But sadly most of them can't go for weekly or daily cheek up any more abroad

It's so sad.....
I really feel for Abba kyari.........

2 Likes

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by grandstar(m): 8:11am On Apr 21, 2020
He known for his ownership of a magnificent mansion in a England. It's awesome. Let me Google it

3 Likes

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by EngrDLight: 8:13am On Apr 21, 2020
Rest well sir
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 21, 2020
GamalNasser:
He never got to see a Nigeria with 24 hour electricity and if NIGERIANS don't change their attitude toward productivity two more Generation will also not know what a Nigeria with 24 hour electricity will look like

I think the next two generations can survive on generator...

1 Like

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by joefelin2345: 8:18am On Apr 21, 2020
stagger:

Guy, some of us grew up then when they were in power in NPN. That's when this rot in Nigeria started: 1981 to be precise when the collapse of oil prices sent Nigeria's economy into a tailspin from which she has never recovered.
Y are you contradicting yourself? You said the px of oil collapsed. Was that his fault? What about those in powers when the country was so buoyant yet mid managed the economy e.g. General Yakubu Gowon, Gen Ibrahim Babangida etc. Take it or leave it this man though I don't agree with him in some issues was...a great man n very sound lawyer- what the Hausa called ...Lawyer Giriki.

1 Like

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by bjt(m): 8:19am On Apr 21, 2020
juman:
People of senseless generation dying off one by one.
Generation of people that betrayed nigeria.
Na this your generation come get sense pass undecided
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by xcelentattitude(m): 8:20am On Apr 21, 2020
GamalNasser:
He never got to see a Nigeria with 24 hour electricity and if NIGERIANS don't change their attitude toward productivity two more Generation will also not know what a Nigeria with 24 hour electricity will look like

What are you saying bro

Aside from the fact that people of his time witnessed 24hrs electricity, they also had people washing their clothes for them in the University. The laundry guys will always come around, pickup their laundry, wash and iron them, even arrange their room.

Yes! In this same naija you know.

Please get your facts right next time.

6 Likes

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:23am On Apr 21, 2020
The generation that murdered Nigeria for their selfish interest. RIP though
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by BitmapStudios: 8:24am On Apr 21, 2020
Corporate2020:

Yes, loss to his family and group of familiar saboteurs just Luke familiar spirits. Is is one of the traitors and backstabbing bastards including Adisa Akinloye, Lamidi Adedibu that ganged up with Obasanjo against Awolowo and the Yoruba interest in 1979 - 1983. Even when they are still alive, Awolowo who is long dead is remembered everyday while the living dead are forgotten.
I've read a similar story somewhere, you do care to shed more light.
CC: Naptu2
cool
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by mascot87(m): 8:25am On Apr 21, 2020
juman:

He died at 88 man, can you boast of getting to half his age?

1 Like

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by Facidio: 8:27am On Apr 21, 2020
Mtcheeeeeew. I even thought it was the present one
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by itsene: 8:28am On Apr 21, 2020
GamalNasser:
That's not true.
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by banhammy: 8:30am On Apr 21, 2020
He and Awolowo go digger am for heaven. Battle continues.
RIP

1 Like

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by naptu2: 8:30am On Apr 21, 2020
BitmapStudios:

I've read a similar story somewhere, you do care to shed more light.
CC: Naptu2
cool

grin What is 2/3rds of 19?

1 Like

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by wink2015(m): 8:41am On Apr 21, 2020
Richard Akinjide and Prince Bola Ajibola played significant role in ensuing that Nigeria loose the Bakassi Peninsula.

They both lacked strong legal depth.

Instead of Obasanjo to avoid going to court he took their illfated advice.

2 Likes

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by BREYZ: 8:43am On Apr 21, 2020
juman:

Your father was part of this generation and he was too senseless that his was raise to power 6, exactly why his death will never make front page on any national newspaper nor Nairaland, animal.

Don't come here to spew trash on someone's demo, the Late AG was a great man and a Legal Luminary of Great repute , respect the dead please.
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by ikorodureporta: 8:43am On Apr 21, 2020
covik related
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by Pharaoh350s(m): 8:46am On Apr 21, 2020
May his soul rest in peace
Once heard of him that he was a good man
This Earth nobody is getting out alive
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by juman(m): 8:54am On Apr 21, 2020
Generation of idiot and fools.
The people that intentionally destroyed the country.

May all people of that useless generation go to hell fire.
Amen.

One nigeria is a failure.
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by F117nighthawk: 9:01am On Apr 21, 2020
seunlayi:
Rip
What a loss
Which loss? All these old men that distroyed and made Nigeria useless country as it is now? These people who had milked and run down the country with themselves and children,
I wonder when una wan begin wise for this country sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by DeRay98(m): 9:08am On Apr 21, 2020
GamalNasser:

Are you sure Nigeria has ever had good electricity?

Pls, don't continue with this argument it only reveals that you're a sub 30yrs old if not sub 25...

1 Like

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by waleolaniyan: 9:14am On Apr 21, 2020
What contributions did chief akinjide made to Nigeria state? Somebody should help chronicle it. Objective evaluation will ascertain him as hero of Nigeria state. I'm sure he is one. Do I sound sarcastic? It's up to you to judge.

1 Like

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by PeterUdeme: 9:14am On Apr 21, 2020
Kay25:
I hope when when he gets to heaven he will use his 2/3rd to meet God..shameful and betrayal afonja

Now give us your own interpretation. What would you have done in case of 12/19?
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by GamalNasser: 9:15am On Apr 21, 2020
Kellie069:

If u understand clearly, as regards electricity, sometimes I have 2 weeks uninterrupted light

Where do u stay please?
Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by watchindelta(m): 9:24am On Apr 21, 2020
GamalNasser:
so painful bro! The same the now is happening to this generation, what a country. Am not leaving in Nigeria but I what to hear one day my country is place for human no more animals kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Richard Akinjide Is Dead by F117nighthawk: 9:29am On Apr 21, 2020
One of the looters of our National treasury in the 2nd republic, ran to the UK hid and enjoyed his looted resources and was pardon by the great treasury looter himself the Maradona,
Old generation filled with selfish, self centered and greedy lots, shame on all of them

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fg Perfects Plans To Nail Saraki; The 3-prong Strategy / Seyi Bola Tinubu Plays Polo - PHOTOS / Peter Obi Supporters Unveil Labour Party In Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.