Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough (3426 Views)

Peter Obi Promises To "Checkmate" Boko Haram And ISWAP, Silent On IPOB/ESN / FALSE USA Moves To Checkmate Dollar Stockpile In Africa FALSE / Kaduna Gets NSCDC Rapid Response Squad To Checkmate Attacks On Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 21, 2020
Armaggedon:
op do you think Igbo's will be able to challenge the Chinese without having an independent state? You just stated that Chinese have been able to do achieve this feat because of their strong home manufacturing sector. Do you think you can develop manufacturing without critical infrastructure like power, seaports etc

The Chinese you speak of had to go communist and shut down their economy against imports just to industrialize. As stands China can even influence your presdo to target Igbo businesses talk more of challenging them.

You raised very good concern. In fact, in a country like Nigeria, the bolded can happen now. It's sad situation.

But despite that, we still need to start transitioning to manufacturing of common goods locally.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by selemempe: 10:32am On Apr 21, 2020
mrvitalis:

We need to remove those boundaries draw by Nigeria ....we are all igbos case close

ABA , nnewi and okijwe should be manufacturing centers ....onitsha should be our commercial center ....we need to expand or build new market in onitsha. ....build the largest market on Earth

500,000 stores .....3 years rents free ...to fill it up fast

We need one too in abakilaka to serve the people coming from the north

All companies head quarters .... enugu ...to take Atlanta model

Owerri ( Vegas ) and awka ( dubia ) entertainment ...
every time I see your posts it makes me laugh

2 to 3 years ago, you spent your time on nairaland supporting every buhari, Yoruba, Hausa or APC threads, forgetting you were Igbo first.

Well thank God for you and I hope the remaining misguided Igbos realise what is going on.

As for me, I'm currently building a house in Enugu. When I'm done, I intend to start building a small factory. We Igbos MUST replace commerce with production.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by horsepower102: 10:33am On Apr 21, 2020
Armaggedon:
op do you think Igbo's will be able to challenge the Chinese without having an independent state? You just stated that Chinese have been able to do achieve this feat because of their strong home manufacturing sector. Do you think you can develop manufacturing without critical infrastructure like power, seaports etc

The Chinese you speak of had to go communist and shut down their economy against imports just to industrialize. As stands China can even influence your presdo to target Igbo businesses talk more of challenging them.

This was why SEREDEC was created.
Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by horsepower102: 10:35am On Apr 21, 2020
selemempe:

2 to 3 years ago, you spent your time on nairaland supporting every buhari, Yoruba, Hausa or APC threads, forgetting you were Igbo first.

Well thank God for you and I hope the remaining misguided Igbos realise what is going on.

As for me, I'm currently building a house in Enugu. When I'm done, I intend to start building a small factory. We Igbos MUST replace commerce with production.

God bless you for investing back home. I plan to do the same. We need manufacturing.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by mrvitalis(m): 10:37am On Apr 21, 2020
selemempe:

Everything I have done here is for Igbo interest

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by selemempe: 10:45am On Apr 21, 2020
horsepower102:

God bless you for investing back home. I plan to do the same. We need manufacturing.
yep. What blew dangote up was manufacturing. And same thing is blowing innosson. People like emeka offor and ibeto are still doing commerce...that's why non of them can stand with industrialists like Rabiu of BUA group

4 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Avidcolz: 10:52am On Apr 21, 2020
horsepower102:

South East Region Economic Development Company

https://southeast.ng/about-us/who-we-are/

Thanks. I have googled it. Like someone said, their operation is quite slow. I have heard of their proposed project for a long time now, But good we have it in place. I am buying into the vision.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by omonnakoda: 10:53am On Apr 21, 2020
Checkmate them in Biafra
Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 21, 2020
selemempe:
yep. What blew dangote up was manufacturing. And same thing is blowing innosson. People like emeka offor and ibeto are still doing commerce...that's why non of them can stand with industrialists like Rabiu of BUA group

Exactly, lots of Igbo businessmen dont realize the amount of money that can be made from manufacturing. Granted, setting up manufacturing venture is capital intensive but once you set it up, the money flows.

You dont even have to go to university or be very educated to start manufacturing things. Look at Innoson.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Avidcolz: 10:55am On Apr 21, 2020
selemempe:

Does Enugu have industrial park?
Pls tell me more about it I think Enugu is nice to settle.
Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 21, 2020
obowo69:
The goal of this thread is to force us Igbos to start thinking differntly. The world as we know it is rapidly changing. Its either we adapt to the changes or we die.

But make no mistake, the Chinese are coming and they have no principle. They will eat your lunch in front of you and drink your water while you watch helplessly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j84kxk8sZVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5VaBZDDSr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU-4kw4V65M
Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by selemempe: 11:00am On Apr 21, 2020
Avidcolz:

Does Enugu have industrial park?
Pls tell me more about it I think Enugu is nice to settle.
yes there is emene industrial area. But land will be costly there o.

Enugu is cool and expanding fast...it has relatively good infrastructure and the indigenes are relatively more educated. Lower crime.

I bought a land near to emene industrial area...I intend to open a toy manufacturing factory....still working on feasibility studies

5 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 21, 2020

3 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by selemempe: 11:03am On Apr 21, 2020
I wanted to do agriculture...but truth is Igbo land is too small for agriculture. We need to leave that for the north and go for things that require education.... technical things like ICT, production of tech products etc....it is called comparative advantage.
Singapore don't do agriculture...but they are amongst the richest countries in the world

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 21, 2020
obowo69:

Wow just finished watching the video. Very revealing. thanks for posting

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by horsepower102: 11:08am On Apr 21, 2020
selemempe:
I wanted to do agriculture...but truth is Igbo land is too small for agriculture. We need to leave that for the north and go for things that require education.... technical things like ICT, production of tech products etc....it is called comparative advantage.
Singapore don't do agriculture...but they are amongst the richest countries in the world

I disagree. There is so much agricultural land in anambra north and the whole of Ebonyi state. In fact Ebonyi is so vast and fertile,

If Israel in a desert can be growing and exporting food then we have no single excuse.

Using modern agricultural practices, we have enough land.

6 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 21, 2020
horsepower102:

I disagree. There is so much agricultural land in anambra north and the whole of Ebonyi state. In fact Ebonyi is so vast and fertile,

If Israel in a desert can be growing and exporting food then we have no single excuse.

Using modern agricultural practices, we have enough land.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by junketer(m): 11:12am On Apr 21, 2020
Op, igbos can do this easily with a little help from the federal government. Fix the electricity problem in nigeria and leave the rest to us. Think about what we are doing already without electricity but imagine what we can do with constant electricity in nigeria. It's that simple.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 21, 2020
junketer:
Op, igbos can do this easily with a little help from the federal government. Fix the electricity problem in nigeria and leave the rest to us. Think about what we are doing already without electricity but imagine what we can do with constant electricity in nigeria. It's that simple.

I am honestly not waiting or hoping on the federal government. My hope is that private investors like nestoil, or seplat will invest in power generation for the South east.

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Avidcolz: 11:17am On Apr 21, 2020
selemempe:
yes there is emene industrial area. But land will be costly there o.

Enugu is cool and expanding fast...it has relatively good infrastructure and the indigenes are relatively more educated. Lower crime.

I bought a land near to emene industrial area...I intend to open a toy manufacturing factory....still working on feasibility studies

That is impressive. I am motivated.
Pls can you share the price range of 2000 to 5000 square metres in the emene industry part. Or maybe industrial hub in the state

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by horsepower102: 11:22am On Apr 21, 2020
Avidcolz:

Pls can you share the price range of 2000 to 5000 square metres in the emene industry part. Or maybe industrial hub in the state

I will refer you to spyder880 to answer your inquiries.

4 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Armaggedon: 11:23am On Apr 21, 2020
obowo69:

You raised very good concern. In fact, in a country like Nigeria, the bolded can happen now. It's sad situation.

But despite that, we still need to start transitioning to manufacturing of common goods locally.

yea, we are doing that already. But at what cost? most of our manufactures generate power by themselves, suffer unfair competition from govt looter who start businesses, pay exorbitant amount of money as taxes. Some of them even source for raw materials oversees and spend more to import them through lagos with the foreign exchange hurdles.

Now the cost of production is higher and product price is also higher. consumers don't care and will buy the cheaper foreign good produced under a favourable environment, except the government shuts down such importations. manufacturing in nigeria is not easy. It is easy to make certain demands but politics of development does not favour Igbo manufacturers.

5 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by selemempe: 11:27am On Apr 21, 2020
Avidcolz:

2000 square metres is like 4 standard plots isn't it? In emene? Bro it will be costly o...one plot there that is not on a tarred road should be about 6 million.

There are other parts of Enugu you can get a plot for 2 million. Those areas are still newly layed out
Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Solsix(m): 11:28am On Apr 21, 2020
obowo69:
In the 50s to mid 70s, the Lebanese were spread all over west Africa including Nigeria and they dominated trade and manufacturing. They made themselves the middle men to so many international goods. They were not black. They were racist. They got very rich off African countries and controlled their economy. They overtime, became very rich minorities.

All these was the norm until the Igbos came and within 2 decades, displaced them and their monopoly. Today Igbos dominate trade that the Lebanese used to control all over west Africa.

Now Africans are facing a new challenge from another racist group; the Chinese. They are very good with trading just like the Lebanese but in addition, their main advantage is a strong home manufacturing sector. The long term plan of the Chinese is to turn Africa into a permanent consumer market and dominate the economies.

This is where Igbos should take a stand and repeat what they have done in the past.

Igbos need to start serious manufacturing of goods on a scale never seen before in Africa. Igbos cannot sit down and watch the Chinese use their manufacturing advantage to take over Africa.

Aba, Nnewi, Onitsha need to be Fully Activated.

Enough said.
Now is time to call on Igbos to dominate China. Where is the infrastructure in SE, no wharf , no railway etc. Sometimes when we want to hold someone down we only succeed in holding our selves down.
Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by selemempe: 11:31am On Apr 21, 2020
Armaggedon:
yea, we are doing that already. But at what cost? most of our manufactures generate power by themselves, suffer unfair competition from govt looter who start businesses, pay exorbitant amount of money as taxes. Some of them even source for raw materials oversees and spend more to import them through lagos with the foreign exchange hurdles.

Now the cost of production is higher and product price is also higher. consumers don't care and will buy the cheaper foreign good produced under a favourable environment, except the government shuts down such importations. manufacturing in nigeria is not easy. It is easy to make certain demands but politics of development does not favour Igbo manufacturers.
if innosson thought like this, he would never start making cars. If dangote thought like this, he would never start making cement.

If Glo thought like this, MTN would still be the only network in Nigeria.

I dare say that once you start manufacturing, you will learn loopholes to keep your company competitive.

I like reading about Igbo industrialists....read about emzor pharmaceutical and orange drugs and juhel....their stories are online

5 Likes

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Avidcolz: 11:37am On Apr 21, 2020
selemempe:
2000 square metres is like 4 standard plots isn't it? In emene? Bro it will be costly o...one plot there that is not on a tarred road should be about 6 million.

There are other parts of Enugu you can get a plot for 2 million. Those areas are still newly layed out

Thanks. Pls where are the areas? hope it is for industries? And wouldn't have issues in future?

I may need your assistance hope by third quarter
Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by selemempe: 11:42am On Apr 21, 2020
Avidcolz:

Thanks. Pls where are the areas? hope it is for industries? And wouldn't have issues in future?

I may need your assistance hope by third quarter
for land matters you have to talk to spyder880

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by olamidedivotee(f): 12:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
Smoke55:
Just Sit And Watch How Afonjaz Will Come Attacking The Op...They Will Turn This Thread Into A Tribal Battle Ground Do To Their Hatred And Envy On Igbos...They Hate Hearing Any Thing Good About The Igbos,,,but Will Their Hatred Stop Us From Progressing?? NO!
You just beat the battle drum
Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Armaggedon: 12:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
selemempe:
if innosson thought like this, he would never start making cars. If dangote thought like this, he would never start making cement.

If Glo thought like this, MTN would still be the only network in Nigeria.

I dare say that once you start manufacturing, you will learn loopholes to keep your company competitive.

I like reading about Igbo industrialists....read about emzor pharmaceutical and orange drugs and juhel....their stories are online
This is pure wishful thinking. What is the price of an average innoson saloon car? compare it with the price of an imported Toyota saloon car talk more of the price in their home country. No power, no steal complex etc how does he even grow to produce engine itself? don't you know there are some components you can't manufacture with a generating set and he has to import them, skyrocketing his production cost. Despite his remarkable improvement, If there is no infrastructure his vehicle prices won't come down and if it remains that way, his growth is doubtful. It's not enough to establish business if the environment is not sustainable. Relocate IVM to south Africa and see wonders.

How is glo doing? As far as I'm concerned it is dead. politicians' loots is what sustaining it.

Bring Biafra, fix power, fix electoral system and tackle corruption. Less loot flying around means that hardwork, creativity are the only ways to be wealthy and achieve success. when politics become less lucrative, criminals are discouraged from it and genuine people are encouraged to pilot the system. When majority see business and production as the means to wealth, there will be massive, genuine and more effective demand for better business environment. No more politics of Fulani marginalisation or Yoruba jealousy or divided loyalty from our politicians.

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by babasolution: 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Stop all these nonsense.

what is the nonsense in what the op is saying,the op is very right,igbos need to go big into manufacturing to displace the chinese

1 Like

Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Commonsense99: 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2020
grin
Nice observation bro, but

The igbos didn't need anyone to remind them to do the needful, they have just always been dragged down by their Co habitants of project Nigeria, reason some of them left manufacturing and focused on agitating for either restructuring or outright secession.. First things first then all other things shall fall into place.

Modified, :- for the poster below me, bro the federal government, that is led by Almajiris deliberately tries to stunt the growth of the igbo man, policy after policy, from the recent loan brouhaha, to the railways where they removed south East, to sea ports to everything you can think of.
The resilience of the igbo man is what have kept him going!
Re: It Is Time For Igbos To Checkmate The Chinese. Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
I keep hearing some of you guys say that we have to get Biafra first in order to be able to compete with the Chinese. This is a wrong proposition.

The future only belongs to those who prepare for it today.

We can do more than one thing at a time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soludo Will Be President Of Igbo Extraction Not Peter Obi, Says Arthur Eze / Leaked US Files Show Security Operatives Were Aware Of INEC's Rigging Plan / Nigerians In Britain Should Tremble - Bnp Cometh Upon Thee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.