Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,683 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

(true Life Story)how I Lived Through&managed An Abusive Relationship/marriage :( - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / (true Life Story)how I Lived Through&managed An Abusive Relationship/marriage :( (226 Views)

What Have You Lived To Regret The Rest Of Your Life / What Is The Funniest Real Life Story You Have Read Or Heard? / My Near Blood Money (ritual) Experience. (true Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

(true Life Story)how I Lived Through&managed An Abusive Relationship/marriage :( by Redcheetah: 9:29am On Apr 21, 2020
Let me start by saying that abuse does not just start in one day; there are red flags which are typically ignored
Our marriage started on a very good note, my husband and I met when I was at the university and didn’t start dating until few years later, we got married in the late 90s and I thought we were in love and we were perfect, I married my friend , someone I could share everything with, and I remembered my husbands friends telling that my husband would tell them that his marriage was made in Heaven..hmmmmm…
so what went wrong you would ask? We lived apart during the first few years and only spent time together on weekends . This continued until I was able to secure a transfer to his State .While I was away, I had control of my finances and was responsible for our child’s upkeep. i didn’t have to pay rent because the house I lived was his fathers’..
I however noted that things did not change after I moved in with him .I was still expected to pay the bills for child upkeep and other household expense . Once I complained to him about not been right I would be responsible for almost everything in the house, he asked me “what will you be doing with your own money then?..
As a Muslim , I was raised to be totally submissive to my husband. His income was lower and so in good faith and as a good wife I thought I was been supportive of my husband .
On his request ,I started handing over my monthly salary to him. it was more of me trying to be the submissive wife. . This continued even though I was not happy with it . if I had to get anything for myself, I would need to ask . Most of the time he declined my request
I came home one day to tell him that a colleague of mine had so much in investment and I had nothing after several years of working ,but my husband simply ignored

The Physical Abuse-
Hell broke loose when.......

READ MY FULL STORY IN THE LINK BELOW

https://redcheetahnews.com/true-life-story-how-i-managed-an-abusive-relationship-marriage/

(1) (Reply)

The Power of Words / Highest Paying Jobs / Help I Dont Know How To Save Money !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.