Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (1025114 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (452) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2021
toluene23:

Na miracle
Honestly
No Travel history
Even Ties Weak
This thing na luck
You could say that,but the fact that he has a company helped him.You could see the co even asked for his business card to really confirm.Thats actually a STRONG economic tie and the co can take chances with him with that.Without that he would most likely have been denied

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
Got my passport. And i saw this next to my visa in the passport. Is it just me it was sent to or it is a generic message sent to people whose visas were approved?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:51am On Dec 04, 2021
ultimatebas:
Got my passport. And i saw this next to my visa in the passport. Is it just me it was sent to or it is a generic message sent to people whose visas were approved?

They usually do this when they take a chance on you. This is also to ensure that you do not switch status. So just go for your trip and come back just like you declares on your form. If not yawa go gas big time.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by john143: 11:53am On Dec 04, 2021
Blackfinegirl:

As long as you extended, you are okay, But what if they ask you why didn't you leave with the evacuation flight in July ?

Because, I was trying to stay safe. I wouldn't want to take that risk because of the present situation then.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by john143: 11:59am On Dec 04, 2021
fkj950ax:

Posting the same thing three times makes the thread unwieldy.

Since you complied with the rules, what is the fear you are entertaining? It shouldn't be an issue.
Quick questions
The previous four occasions you visited the US, were they on the same visa or different visas.
How long did you stay on each visit?

So sorry about that,.

Yes it was the same Visa B1/B2

1st travel was 3weeks
2md was 3weeks
3rd was 5weeks w(traveled with my family)
4rd was 9months overstayed due to the Lockdown (I travelled alone)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by john143: 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
Blackfinegirl:

As long as you extended, you are okay, But what if they ask you why didn't you leave with the evacuation flight in July ?

I couldn't take the risk because of the present situation then, and there was no movement and the instruction given then was nobody should come out. stay at home and stay safe..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
seek4yemi:

At that time I applied for MBA course for him but now I’m trying to apply for a masters in political science cos his bachelors is in political science too.
As per visit visa what’s is the earliest available appointment for now in lagos.

Are you his sponsor? If yes, how did you come to the US? Also, try to apply to programs that have funding since a good funding could boost his visa chances.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
john143:

So sorry about that,.

Yes it was the same Visa B1/B2

1st travel was 3weeks
2md was 3weeks
3rd was 5weeks w(traveled with my family)
4rd was 9months overstayed due to the Lockdown (I travelled alone)

I think it shouldn't be an issue. Just highlight the lockdown incident clearly and properly to the VO.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
Zico0:

Thanks
The employment based immigrant visa is the only one that suits my circumstance. Now I just have to find a prospective employer.
I was reading through the employment based immigrant visa and I found a part confusing: Numerical limitation. It says, the date of filing the petition is the priority date and immigrant visa cannot be issued until an applicant priority date is reached. I'm thinking, on filing the petition, the priority date is reached, so I don't understand the second statement. Could you clarify for me, cause it further says, it could take several years before the priority date is reached and I don't have that kind of time.

There is an annual maximum number of visas in that category to be issued globally. Once the number is reached, everyone else has to wait till the next year even if they qualify.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:31am On Dec 05, 2021
biikeys:

Long time imperiouxx..Hope you've been good. Any updates on embassy dates for visit visas that you are aware of?

Hey Mr. B? How have you been?
@imperiouxx, what's up with you?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mikool101: 6:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Lawode: 2:12am On Dec 10, 2021
Hello everyone, I want to ask, does one really need to go to the US embassy with passport photographs after uploading the passport on Ds160? At one point in the process is the passport required?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by GraciousWords: 7:17am On Dec 10, 2021
Lawode:
Hello everyone, I want to ask, does one really need to go to the US embassy with passport photographs after uploading the passport on Ds160? At one point in the process is the passport required?

After uploading on the DS160, you still need to go with physical passport photos to the interview otherwise you'll be sent back outside to go take photos. The photos need to be less than 6 months old.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 3:34pm On Dec 10, 2021
GraciousWords:

After uploading on the DS160, you still need to go with physical passport photos to the interview otherwise you'll be sent back outside to go take photos. The photos need to be less than 6 months old.
I don't think the photos are that impor.They normally use the one on the DS 160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by GraciousWords: 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
cool
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Abdoor44: 11:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Hello guys, a friend was trying to book an appointment on CGI website but mistakenly click confirm in the process of proceeding to the next page of the form. This is what the CGI portal has been displaying for days now. He open another email and tried to create another profile but the system already recorded his data so he keep getting an error message. Please what should he do to solve this issue? Thanks in anticipation!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 11:25am On Dec 11, 2021
Abdoor44:
Hello guys, a friend was trying to book an appointment on CGI website but mistakenly click confirm in the process of proceeding to the next page of the form. This is what the CGI portal has been displaying for days now. He open another email and tried to create another profile but the system already recorded his data so he keep getting an error message. Please what should he do to solve this issue? Thanks in anticipation!

Is this for a friend in Europe?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by adeeeeeeeee: 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hello to everyone, I'm new here. Thank you for your good work.
Please I have a question: does America gives GCMS note like Canada?
My uncle applied for a US visit visa but was refused. I really want to know why the visa was refused, because he's planning to reapply.
Please any information or advice or further question(s) will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 13, 2021
adeeeeeeeee:

Not at all, they don't. they expect you to re-apply
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pointednose: 5:16am On Dec 13, 2021
This response is very correct. Please take note and do accordingly. You will be asked for a physical passport photo and must be less than 6 months. If not, you will be asked to go take a new one, and that will delay you and cost you more.

All the best.
GraciousWords:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by taiwotosho22(m): 9:35am On Dec 13, 2021
njidekachi:
if u need early 2022 appointment date, pls hook up with me asap
Hi,
Please what is the latest appointment date now?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by whiteMandingo: 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2021
adeeeeeeeee:
Hello to everyone, I'm new here. Thank you for your good work.
My uncle applied for a US visit visa but was refused. I really want to know why the visa was refused, because he's planning to reapply.
Please any information or advice or further question(s) will be appreciated. Thanks.

NO, THE AMERICANS dont give reasons for visa denials, no gcms notes like the canadians as well.
if you want, you could post the transcript, we may be able to point out to where where or why sh,it went south
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iseoluwa89(m): 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good evening everyone,

So I had my interview today with my wife for visitation. After spending like 20mins questioning us on why we came down to Nigeria from the Uk, what we do in the UK and we answered her she eventually held on to our passport saying she is placing it under administrative review. So she handed the blue paper and said we will get a mail within a week after the review.

Pls what could this mean cos i dnt even understand the VO at all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iseoluwa89(m): 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good evening everyone,

So I had my interview today with my wife for visitation. After spending like 20mins questioning us on why we came down to Nigeria from the Uk, what we do in the UK and we answered her she eventually held on to our passport saying she is placing it under administrative review. So she handed the blue paper and said we will get a mail within a week after the review.
Pls what could this mean cos i dnt even understand the VO at all.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chiall: 5:31am On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=iseoluwa89 post=108472373]Good evening everyone,

Hope your status in the UK is fine? How long have you been in the UK? Please update us when the visa is approved. Congratulations in advance!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iseoluwa89(m): 6:30am On Dec 14, 2021
Blessings001:
Your visa is approved.

She just want to find out about your legal status in Uk.
If you are not staying in uk illegally....

If all the informations on your form is correct.

I come in peace

I'm a student in the UK presently and my wife is my dependant who is a care worker.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tt4tolu(f): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
Good morning gurus,

Please I need some clarification. I made made a mistake in my DS 160 which I filled another one and submitted. I need to update the new confirmation code with my appointment which is coming up shortly but my agent said it's a big issue hence he'll need more fund to do that. Please is he correct or is he playing me?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:45pm On Dec 14, 2021
Tt4tolu:
Good morning gurus,

Please I need some clarification. I made made a mistake in my DS 160 which I filled another one and submitted. I need to update the new confirmation code with my appointment which is coming up shortly but my agent said it's a big issue hence he'll need more fund to do that. Please is he correct or is he playing me?

If you skim through the last 5 to 10 pages of the thread, I think you should find how to replace submitted DS 160 with a new one yourself.
It was explained not too long ago

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Myralison: 11:49pm On Dec 14, 2021
Please, who have an idea on how to get a closer interview date ���
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by segmond(m): 12:58am On Dec 15, 2021
Hello gurus,
I’m new here. I need help.

My family (myself, wife and 2kids)US interview date is next week... We are visiting my brother-in-law’s family. He got married to a us citizen 3years ago. The wife actually invited us on the ground that since they got married she’s yet to meet any of her husband family member. What are the chances that this application will be approved.

Secondly, We intend traveling in April 2022 when the kids school are on break. However, my agent filled Feb 2022 on the D160 form. Although the agent showed me the form before submission. I realized this after the D160 form had been submitted. What date should I tell the vo if asked when we intend traveling. Should I stick with the one on the form which is wrong or give date that is not on the form.

Lastly, what are the likely questions they can ask.

Modified: no travel history individually or as a family

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 1:05am On Dec 15, 2021
segmond:
Hello gurus,
I’m new here. I need help.

My family (myself, wife and 2kids)US interview date is next week... We are visiting my brother-in-law’s family. He got married to a us citizen 3years ago. The wife actually invited us on the ground that since they got married she’s yet to meet any of her husband family member. What are the chances that this application will be approved.

Secondly, We intend traveling in April 2022 when the kids school are on break. However, my agent filled Feb 2022 on the D160 form. Although the agent showed me the form before submission. I realized this after the D160 form had been submitted. What date should I tell the vo if asked when we intend traveling. Should I stick with the one on the form which is wrong or give date that is not on the form.

Lastly, what are the likely questions they can ask.

Thanks in anticipation.

Any travel history?

Individually or as a family?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (452)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.